Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Anyone Else Frustrated w/ Mouteki but don't want to give up? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=9459)

MaXeY Nov 16, 2006 6:34pm | Post# 81

1 Attachment(s)
got this trade at monday..
Name:  Cable1.gif
Views: 909
Size:  17 KB

MaXeY Nov 16, 2006 6:41pm | Post# 82

1 Attachment(s)
Was in this trade yesterday ... But my fault i move my SL To +40 when i was +120
So stopped out with +40
Name:  1.gif
Views: 897
Size:  17 KB

JayalFX Nov 16, 2006 8:12pm | Post# 83

jayalFX

thank you both, Sun and Max

MaXeY Nov 16, 2006 9:17pm | Post# 84

thank you both, Sun and Max
But heeeeeey, sometimes u'll found some failed trades too, 'll start to try how scoot filter works

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexfor...3&postcount=51

yulvme Nov 29, 2006 10:59am | Post# 85

Retrace?

First off, I'd like to say this system rocks. Great system, but I have a question. Do you guys usally enter the trade once the candle breaks the line? or do you wait until the retrace before entering? I'v noticed many times the retrace after the break. But, then again it sometimes there's no retrace and it just keeps on going the way as planed. What's the ratio of this does anyone know? any suggestion would help, IE: narrow slops don't trade etc..

carmel Nov 29, 2006 12:24pm | Post# 86

Filters

In addition to only going with the daily trend, I use another recommendation provided on this thread: Enter once the new bar forming over/blow the trend line has made a positive move of at least 20 pips. I often place a stop entry buy/sell at a point about this far out then set a limit of a modest amount somewhat short of the projection. If I see a projection of 80 -100 pips I may set the buy/sell at 20 pips into the breakout with a 20-30 pip limit. Pips are often left on the table should the move hit the projection, but taking 20-30 works for me!

First off, I'd like to say this system rocks. Great system, but I have a question. Do you guys usally enter the trade once the candle breaks the line? or do you wait until the retrace before entering? I'v noticed many times the retrace after the break. But, then again it sometimes there's no retrace and it just keeps on going the way as planed. What's the ratio of this does anyone know? any suggestion would help, IE: narrow slops don't trade etc..

yulvme Nov 29, 2006 7:41pm | Post# 87

In addition to only going with the daily trend, I use another recommendation provided on this thread: Enter once the new bar forming over/blow the trend line has made a positive move of at least 20 pips. I often place a stop entry buy/sell at a point about this far out then set a limit of a modest amount somewhat short of the projection. If I see a projection of 80 -100 pips I may set the buy/sell at 20 pips into the breakout with a 20-30 pip limit. Pips are often left on the table should the move hit the projection, but taking 20-30 works for me!
Thank you very much on this information, you are correct. In this high risk market one shouldn't be too greedy and just take what the market can give. I will take your recommandation into consideration next time when I enter a trade. Thanks again

ForexFreak Dec 3, 2006 5:23pm | Post# 88

"Master" Mouteki?

Don't mean to be the eternal antagonist here, but this is becoming amusing. Seems all the Mouteki threads are filled with "I'm just a newbie here..." And so these poor guys find this method that seems to be so fun and easy to do, and at times, is very profitable. But so is the ol' throwing darts at the stock tables method.

Too many times over the last several months there have been several that state they will post their trades for all to see. These poor "newbies" start out strong posting several times a week. Then the losses come and keep coming. And you never hear of them again. Lucky for them, they abandoned the method. Hopefully they didn't lost their shirt as it seems many are.

So here is just some simple advice from a guy that is forever learning this market:

If someone comes along with the greatest method you've ever seen, but baits you weekly with minute details of the method, run for the hills. This is especially true when the "Master" says he has had to work a lot lately. Please. WORK?!?! If the method was so great, why does "Master" Mouteki have to work?

StephanusR Jun 20, 2011 11:20am | Post# 89

In addition to only going with the daily trend, I use another recommendation provided on this thread: Enter once the new bar forming over/blow the trend line has made a positive move of at least 20 pips. I often place a stop entry buy/sell at a point about this far out then set a limit of a modest amount somewhat short of the projection. If I see a projection of 80 -100 pips I may set the buy/sell at 20 pips into the breakout with a 20-30 pip limit. Pips are often left on the table should the move hit the projection, but taking 20-30 works for...

Which is data snooping bias, your method won't work a few weeks from now. You have to know what to look for.

© Forex Factory