Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lazy Open Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=945102)

rogertaggart Oct 16, 2019 3:19am | Post# 121

1 Attachment(s)
no win today

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-10-16 08 18 39.jpg
Size: 546 KB

btrfx1 Oct 16, 2019 11:43pm | Post# 122

no win today {image}
Hi rt,
You went to bed too early mate, two nice moves for OAP system on the day.
kind regards

rogertaggart Oct 17, 2019 2:22am | Post# 123

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi rt, You went to bed too early mate, two nice moves for OAP system on the day. kind regards
oh well, it was as per the rules. ho hum

back to winners today
Name:  2019-10-17 07 17 50.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  109 KB

OAPDave Oct 17, 2019 4:59am | Post# 124

{quote} Hi rt, You went to bed too early mate, two nice moves for OAP system on the day. kind regards
Hi Ben
Thanks for your post, always good to hear from you and as always your comments are always welcome
Dave

OAPDave Oct 17, 2019 5:27am | Post# 125

{quote} oh well, it was as per the rules. ho hum back to winners today {image}
Hi Roger
Thanks for posting and really glad you are back on the winning trail again after yesterdays blip,
I will leave the basic method as it is, to be honest with a decent MM I do not really feel it needs anything else adding as you have proved.
Yes it could be well worth trying to find some filters that might improve the method but I think it will only result in swings and roundabouts, you have shown you chart with Pivots as an aid,
were I like Murrey and yes we now have had a chart shift which may have confused you a bit on Murrey.
All I have shown is a very very simple controlled RR Method based on a simple grid nothing more nothing less, It works most of the time but like everything not all the time, to me the edge is finding a money-management style that fits both the Method and your account, myself I divide my account in half and just call 1 half my Buy account and the other my Sell account then operate the MM, but as I say you must find what suits you.
We can all see that the thread as not exactly bursting with activity and as I can only just keep on posting examples of trades as they come, I am not sure if there is any more value in me posting.
You were a brave guy, you looked at the method with an open mind, you back checked it to satisfy yourself, you worked out your own MM style and you seem to be happy with the results you are getting, so all I can say is
Thanks for showing your results warts and all and WELL DONE
Dave

rogertaggart Oct 17, 2019 5:33am | Post# 126

And I must thank you for sharing your strategy Dave. Its simplicity is its strength. I will continue with the trades and try some more testing and let you know if I have anything of value to report

btrfx1 Oct 17, 2019 9:04am | Post# 127

[quote=OAPDave;12566067]{quote} Hi Roger Thanks for posting and really glad you are back on the winning trail again after yesterdays blip,

Hi Dave,
Sometimes it works other times it useless. We have garnered many ideas to assist our trading, here is an example. Yesterdays range, measured against today activity sometimes allows you to expand the TP on the grid. My grid broke south this afternoon at 4:00 pm for 48 to 50 pips. In all of my years looking at charts, the most common one is approx. 50% retracement.

While all the monkeys in Brussells/London are pissing in each others pockets today, yesterdays low channelled to todays low, duplicated to yesterdays high gave you some, 189 pips up to the top of the channel and now back down to the bottom with another, 101 pips.

That's enuf green pips for you today. (294 pips)

But the cat has to be glued to his prize to win.

OK mate midnite here and time for bed as GBP/USD heads northwards again, n this cat is too sleepy to follow it

Bi 4 now
Ben

rogertaggart Oct 22, 2019 4:18am | Post# 128

1 Attachment(s)
Update:
unlucky on friday 18th. Missed profit by 1 pip even though candle looks like it crossed.
Monday didnt trade due to Saturday vote in parliament. Was expecting a gap.
And today was a win
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-10-22 09 16 17.jpg
Size: 390 KB

rogertaggart Oct 22, 2019 10:49am | Post# 129

My Hour Shift setting is set to 1.
i.e. +1GMT
yours Dave?

OAPDave Oct 23, 2019 5:16am | Post# 130

1 Attachment(s)
My Hour Shift setting is set to 1. i.e. +1GMT yours Dave?
Roger
I have this setup under observation to see if it helps in any way ( direction, targets, stops etc)
Dave
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1b.png
Size: 93 KB

OAPDave Oct 23, 2019 5:51am | Post# 131

1 Attachment(s)
Reduced Risk to 15 pips now
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1b.png
Size: 94 KB

OAPDave Oct 23, 2019 6:33am | Post# 132

1 Attachment(s)
Nope taken my tight stop to the pip = loss of 15 pips
I usually delete my posts when they attract no interest but as this is a loser admittedly by a slightly different MM method i will leave it up
Dave
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1c.png
Size: 90 KB

OAPDave Oct 24, 2019 9:50am | Post# 133

1 Attachment(s)
If at first you don't succeed try try and try again,
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15x.png
Size: 71 KB

Go5 Oct 24, 2019 10:10am | Post# 134

If at first you don't succeed try try and try again, {image}
I found a "sweet" R/Reward ratio of 0.87 for this pair - makes some difference...

TooSlow Oct 24, 2019 12:52pm | Post# 135

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: TOOSLOW2.png
Size: 38 KB

Showing distance from open in ATR% rather than pips on the plotted lines.

TooSlow Oct 24, 2019 12:56pm | Post# 136

1 Attachment(s)
I suppose we all have a few secret tools we want to keep to ourselves, to give us an even better edge ? {image}
Click to Enlarge

Name: TOOSLOW2.png
Size: 48 KB

Different versions of same tools.

OAPDave Oct 24, 2019 1:06pm | Post# 137

{quote} {image} Different versions of same tools.
Exactly my friend, that's what I like about your Methods
as you say
You only need a horizontal line

TooSlow Oct 24, 2019 1:28pm | Post# 138

{quote} Exactly my friend, that's what I like about your Methods as you say You only need a horizontal line
That expression comes from ADVANCED ALIEN CIVILIZATION TECHNOLOGY TRADING I merely repeat it. Cheers, Mate!

Merka Oct 24, 2019 5:39pm | Post# 139

{quote} That expression comes from ADVANCED ALIEN CIVILIZATION TECHNOLOGY TRADING I merely repeat it. Cheers, Mate!
In other words
TheRumpledOne

rogertaggart Oct 25, 2019 9:44am | Post# 140

no worries

© Forex Factory