Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lazy Open Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=945102)

mixedbags Sep 4, 2019 7:18pm | Post# 41

1 Attachment(s)
SwingMan - the Holy Grail might be useful if one considers a variable ADR...

Indeed, EURUSD was down ADR 185% on Tuesday.

Click to Enlarge

Name: IdQIQVz.jpg
Size: 703 KB

SwingMan Sep 6, 2019 6:51am | Post# 42

George I think we have already said that when something that as been buried for a long time gets dug up, it often's turns out to be treasure , well i have tried to reproduce as best I can the Daily, 4 hr and 60 min Tunnels for the pairs mentioned and there individual set ups, and after printing it around 20 years ago, to me all his work and data collection seems to hold up pretty good today, Which leads me to say I think its treasure been dug up I will just show the Daily Tunnels, although I have done the 4 hr and 60 mins as I have said. This is...
Of course, the old idea is still valid, and R4M has programmed a "modern" version.

For your indicators please check if the distance of the tunnels is constant (89 etc. pips). That was the idea in the first part.
In the second part, Vegas has calculated medians, but in Excel, and probably there are no indicators.

Now I program as in the posted indicator the medians for the distances Open/Hilo and will post sometime. I am also waiting for an answer from @Nih98 for a detail in the calculation of his ATR, because his values are slightly larger than mine.

Merka Sep 6, 2019 7:18am | Post# 43

{quote} Of course, the old idea is still valid, and R4M has programmed a "modern" version. For your indicators please check if the distance of the tunnels is constant (89 etc. pips). That was the idea in the first part. In the second part, Vegas has calculated medians, but in Excel, and probably there are no indicators. Now I program as in the posted indicator the medians for the distances Open/Hilo and will post sometime. I am also waiting for an answer from @Nih98 for a detail in the calculation of his ATR, because his values are slightly larger...
Nih98 is long time not active on FF.
I don't know if he changed nick name or completely left FF

OAPDave Sep 11, 2019 8:54am | Post# 44

1 Attachment(s)
Swingman any update ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 106 KB

SwingMan Sep 11, 2019 9:27am | Post# 45

Swingman any update ?
Please wait a while. You are still too young and impatient, and I am old and lazy ...

Please continue to post, and also some intraday trades with the Open grids (Entry/Exit). I have some alternatives, but I have to adapt them to the practice.

Merka Sep 18, 2019 3:24am | Post# 46

Grid/Box in action with the Vegas Tunnel {image}
Does this Vegas tunnel viges you better filtering or help?
I will try too just for curiosity.
Cheers

SwingMan Sep 18, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 47

George I am sorry but I have deleted my posts and given up even trying to get any interest going in the thread topic Dave
That's a pity.
I will continue studying the Open Trading, followed by a pair of indicators and an EA.

OAPDave Sep 18, 2019 4:03pm | Post# 48

5 Attachment(s)
Ok I will re post today's trade, Sell 0.125 Target 0.375 for a 1:1 RR target hit for +31 pips also showing a screenshot of my effort to reproduce a 60 min Vegas Tunnel as a filter, which in it's own right is a good method, but to be honest I do not want to add it to my own method as it beings a time element into my trade and really all I want to do is get Price to go from Entry to Target or even Stop loss and I am not interested how long it takes
Dave
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15.png
Size: 113 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15b.png
Size: 84 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15d.png
Size: 84 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15e.png
Size: 83 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15c.png
Size: 112 KB

Merka Sep 18, 2019 4:34pm | Post# 49

1 Attachment(s)
@Dave
I'm setting up a strategy like your where the grid distance is based on ADR% (in this picture spacing=50% ADR).
We all know the key ingredient will always remain the MM.
Haven't said that I'm also trying to figure out how to filter the loosing entries in order to increase win rate and avoid using MM
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1 18-09-2019.png
Size: 34 KB

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 3:06am | Post# 50

@Dave I'm setting up a strategy like your where the grid distance is based on ADR% (in this picture spacing=50% ADR). We all know the key ingredient will always remain the MM. Haven't said that I'm also trying to figure out how to filter the loosing entries in order to increase win rate and avoid using MM {image}
Hi Merka
Have you thought of collecting stats,
example
Before you take a new trade wait for say 2 conservative failed trade in same direction, then check out if you can get better than 1:1 RR
or even the opposite, if you have say 3 winning trades in the same direction, that must mean we have had a nice trend so does that increase the probabilities of a small reversal of some degree,
Are certain days better to trade than others perhaps if they involve UK 9.30 am news
Dave

Merka Sep 19, 2019 3:16am | Post# 51

Good morning
Woke up this morning and saw my short AUDUSD from today daily open hit TP for risk/reward 1:2.
Nice start

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 3:33am | Post# 52

Good morning Woke up this morning and saw my short AUDUSD from today daily open hit TP for risk/reward 1:2. Nice start
Great stuff Merka, looked a real nice clean trade, yesterday finished near the low and then broke the low and just continued down, any chance of showing your chart, as it might encourage others to have ago and post
Dave

Merka Sep 19, 2019 3:50am | Post# 53

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Great stuff Merka, looked a real nice trade clean trade, yesterday finished near the low and then broke the low and just continued down, any chance of showing your chart, as it might encourage others to have ago and post Dave
This is how my phone chart looks like as I'm not at home.
There is probably a new downtrend starting on H4.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190919_075857_net.metaquotes.metatrader5.jpg
Size: 583 KB

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 4:12am | Post# 54

1 Attachment(s)
Merka Trade on my Grid ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM15.png
Size: 80 KB

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 4:40am | Post# 55

1 Attachment(s)
Have not taken this Buy as I did not want to be taken in by news ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15y.png
Size: 93 KB

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 8:58am | Post# 56

1 Attachment(s)
Only entries for me today would have be initiated by news, so did not take them, hence sitting on the side lines at the moment
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15n.png

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 9:05am | Post# 57

1 Attachment(s)
Giving it ago now ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15a.png
Size: 94 KB

Go5 Sep 19, 2019 9:15am | Post# 58

Only entries for me today would have be initiated by news, so did not take them, hence sitting on the side lines at the moment {image}
Same here...
Have been implementing your system, with a change in the MM part though. I changed that for a betting system (1-2-2-1), also separated for long/short.
Thanks!

OAPDave Sep 19, 2019 1:09pm | Post# 59

2 Attachment(s)
Job Done
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15.png
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15c.png
Size: 91 KB

OAPDave Sep 20, 2019 3:33am | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly over-view 0.125 - 0.375 (yesterday was shown in depth giving the reason that I only took the 2nd Buy trade )
Monday No fuss Sell winner + 31
Tuesday Failed Sell reversed Buy winner -31 +31
Wednesday No fuss Sell winner +31
Thursday explained in detail live (Buy winner) +31
Friday No fuss Buy winner +31
Short account +31
Long account +93
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15d.png
Size: 95 KB

© Forex Factory