Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   MT4 to Excel through Excel RTD (Finally!) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/944826-mt4-to-excel-through-excel-rtd-finally)

mtharwat Jan 12, 2021 7:18am | Post# 221

1 Attachment(s)
@ Garfield75

Is this screenshot for CSM the one you want in RTD ?

Or attach the DDE excel template if it is different.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 06393B00-6735-45B2-80EC-1F33269BEF11.png
Size: 68 KB

garfield75 Jan 12, 2021 8:25am | Post# 222

@ Garfield75 Is this screenshot for CSM the one you want in RTD ? Or attach the DDE excel template if it is different. {image}
Yes. That is the one.

nicholas87 Jan 12, 2021 8:49am | Post# 223

{quote} It is very logical that a macro that checks a cell if its value is >10 will permanently execute its command as long as the value is >10! You now have different ways on how to solve that problem. A very simple solution could be: Put a switch on another cell which will be set from 0 to 1. Your macro then will check both cells (if a1 > 10 and a2 = 0 then...) Don't forget to set your switch to "a2 = 1" otherwise the macro will continue to execute. Best of luck and stay green always! Jibala
THANK YOU

sasschrist Jan 12, 2021 1:28pm | Post# 224

{quote} We are pending on this for a long time and no one seems to have a solution Automation is out of question without this This is the original code. An additional condition need to be inserted, something like "If A1>0.001" ' Create the FXBlueLabs.ExcelCommand object and send the command Set cmd = CreateObject("FXBlueLabs.ExcelCommand") strResult = cmd.sendCommand(strAccount, strCommand, strParameters, lTimeoutSeconds)
It can be done. I have a solution.

garfield75 Jan 14, 2021 3:11am | Post# 225

{quote} It can be done. I have a solution.
Hi Sasschrist

Please elaborate on your solution with some examples shared here.

Cheers

mtharwat Jan 14, 2021 4:49am | Post# 226

{quote} Did you hack my account? All over strength is something I'm looking into already. {image} {image} Actually, I don't trade it because I'm too much focused on the German DAX / GER30 where I gain the most of my profits. Best of luck and stay green always! Jibala

It will be a better idea if you share your template here. I can easily do it myself but I will be back in few days. Garfiled asked for it...

mtharwat Jan 14, 2021 4:50am | Post# 227

{quote} It can be done. I have a solution.
It will be more helpful and more beneficial if you share your template..

mtharwat Jan 14, 2021 5:15am | Post# 228

A message to every one:

This thread is for all traders to unlock the potentials of Excel. Every help possible will be provided regardless of the knowledge or level of the trader.

Any poster should fall within two groups. The first group is the trader who either needs Some help or is finding the whole Excel experience to be challenging. This thread is the right place for this group of traders. They are more than welcome to ask for anything they need. They should not be shy of asking.

The second group are those who have some knowledge and share it with others.

The third group is the non-welcomed group. They tease others by their screenshots or by their knowledge without sharing anything.
No one benefits from them.

Since I created this thread, I am giving myself the right to state the rules here. In short: Either you share a template or refrain from posting.

I think many would agree with me.

simnz Jan 14, 2021 5:54am | Post# 229

A message to every one: This thread is for all traders to unlock the potentials of Excel. Every help possible will be provided regardless of the knowledge or level of the trader. Any poster should fall within two groups. The first group is the trader who either needs Some help or is finding the whole Excel experience to be challenging. This thread is the right place for this group of traders. They are more than welcome to ask for anything they need. They should not be shy of asking. The second group are those who have some knowledge and share it...
Excellent .

simnz Jan 14, 2021 6:10am | Post# 230

Is anybody keenly interested in developing a backtester without using any indicator, but using a logic involving only Pips (numbers), Minutes (time) and Percentages.

With this kind of tool, anybody can immediately assess the feasibility and probable profitability of the trade just by pushing a few buttons.

Essentially, the job will involve using MT4 scripts or (preferably an indicator) to generate database on demand without resorting to downloading Excel data.

A dashboard is required for user like me , an Excel-challenged person. It is not to have a mere colourful interface, but to use it as a user-friendly input machine to input dates, percentage levels, numbers, symbols, data options and above all filters that can really put some meaning to database generated.

For producing backtester, all the indicators that can be quantified , measured and have defined constant values will be used.

I just use two information indicators to assess trading changes as well as plot TP, SL and Entry for systematic trading.
Hassle-free plotting of trades always generated good profit factor.

I am sure a few more indicators fulfilling the stated criteria can be found.

Example:

ADR has known average value based on previous days
Yesterday High Low medium has known constant values.

Garfield75 has already demonstrated his Excel skills and I am sure others willl help themselves as well as Excel-challenged persons like me.

I don't know much about indicators that can have defined constant values for use as a trading plot that involves just the use of numbers, minutes and percentages.

I am zero in Excel and willing to share my ideas based on my extensive real trading experience. I have no agenda and I strongly believe in destiny and so I don't believe in keeping even my business strategies that can be used by competitors.

And as far as financial trading is concerned, there are no secrets as much as you pretend to have and want to sell to gullible greedy people.

simnz Jan 14, 2021 6:36am | Post# 231

{quote} Hi Sasschrist Please elaborate on your solution with some examples shared here. Cheers
Thank you Garfield for your initiative . Highly appreciated.
I have provided the framework and tools for elderlies to do demo or cent contract trading to keep their brain active.
Trading is an individual sports and you should get involved only if you believe it is an activity of pleasure and passive income.
Money will follow but only for those who believe in enjoying it.
Trading without pressure is essential if you want to be a consistent money maker.

For the benefit of members of this forum, the link of probability study done by you is provided here.
Thank you again.

https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/...7#post13358237

simnz Jan 14, 2021 11:26am | Post# 232

1 Attachment(s)
I have been a customer of Interactive Brokers since 2004. I use Metatrader 4 for demo trading and seeking statistics through nformation indicators but actual trading is carried out on IB platform TWS Trader.

I will be glad to guide if anyone with Excel skills want to develop Dashboard for Currency Future Options. I have a paper trading account that can be used to pull down the live data. An IB customer can use CME data only on live or paper trading account.

By interacting with me, the programmer will be able to gain knowledge of Future Options trading.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2021-01-15_00h24_21.jpg
Size: 198 KB

garfield75 Jan 16, 2021 12:01am | Post# 233

1 Attachment(s)
I have been a customer of Interactive Brokers since 2004. I use Metatrader 4 for demo trading and seeking statistics through nformation indicators but actual trading is carried out on IB platform TWS Trader. I will be glad to guide if anyone with Excel skills want to develop Dashboard for Currency Future Options. I have a paper trading account that can be used to pull down the live data. An IB customer can use CME data only on live or paper trading account. By interacting with me, the programmer will be able to gain knowledge of Future Options trading....
Weekend Project taking shape using Excel RTD data, will post it after initial testing.
Click to Enlarge

Name: d0d27dfd6d31c39169fbb06e9ab45c97.png
Size: 44 KB

mtharwat Jan 16, 2021 4:56am | Post# 234

{quote} Weekend Project taking shape using Excel RTD data, will post it after initial testing. {image}
Hi Garfield,

I just came back home a few hours ago.. I was planning on doing the MTF version of it tomorrow. I see you have already started.

I can work on it if you need me to. I may start tonight or tomorrow. No issue at all.

Cheers,

garfield75 Jan 16, 2021 5:26am | Post# 235

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Garfield, I just came back home a few hours ago.. I was planning on doing the MTF version of it tomorrow. I see you have already started. I can work on it if you need me to. I may start tonight or tomorrow. No issue at all. Cheers,
Hey Mtharwat,

Dont worry, I just finished it. Will test it on Monday to make sure it works properly and then post it here.
Click to Enlarge

Name: d07dd426884be852245e2ac817a67d0b.png
Size: 94 KB

simnz Jan 16, 2021 5:30am | Post# 236

{quote} Weekend Project taking shape using Excel RTD data, will post it after initial testing. {image}
Hi garfiled75,

If you are looking to pull live data through RTD server and spreadsheet provided by Interactive Brokers, I will be happy to lend you my Paper Trading account with no fee charged since I am already paying for data subscription for the account.

At the moment I have two accounts with Interactive Brokers. I can spare one for your project with no obligation.

garfield75 Jan 16, 2021 5:34am | Post# 237

{quote} Hi garfiled75, If you are looking to pull live data through RTD server and spreadsheet provided by Interactive Brokers, I will be happy to lend you my Paper Trading account with no fee charged since I am already paying for data subscription for the account. At the moment I have two accounts with Interactive Brokers. I can spare one for your project with no obligation.
Thanks Simnz for the offer. All good, I have IG and Pepperstone live accounts to get data.

simnz Jan 16, 2021 6:17am | Post# 238

Do you intend to do live trading?

or use data only for analysis?

Excel has limited trading models but unlimited formulas that a skillful Excer user can utilise to analyse the past data and derive patterns to be profitably employed for designing four important elements of profitable trading. Take Profit and Stop Loss level , Time to open trading, Time to exit.

Excel gives a rich formula language to create and measure relationships between data inputs and outputs.

After extracting data and regular patterns of profitable trading, Excel can be used for backtesting .
Having done both exercises, it is easy to put together a trading plan for every day.

Excel does not possess speed fast enough to do algo trading.

I never use any technical indicators or signal generators. For me it is purely discretionary trading. I have already described what I do presently using MT4 indicators though Excel tools will be far superior .

Above all, trading needs financial resources and the resilience to conduct practice for at least 7 years before you can see consistent profits coming to you as a passive source of income. Like any other business venture, seeds have to be planted early. If you are well prepared with financial resources, you will grow like a tree. If you lack any one of money or resilience, you will grow like a climbing plant .

garfield75 Jan 17, 2021 5:50am | Post# 239

Do you intend to do live trading? or use data only for analysis? Excel has limited trading models but unlimited formulas that a skillful Excer user can utilise to analyse the past data and derive patterns to be profitably employed for designing four important elements of profitable trading. Take Profit and Stop Loss level , Time to open trading, Time to exit. Excel gives a rich formula language to create and measure relationships between data inputs and outputs. After extracting data and regular patterns of profitable trading, Excel can be used...
Quote "Excel does not possess speed fast enough to do algo trading."
I think it comes down to what the algo is designed to do. I can code to push through 1000 trades in less than a minute in excel, the blocker is MT4 account with max of 100 trades.
if the algo is monitoring the market to take around 5 trade in 1/5/15/30/60 minute TF excel RTD would easily handle that without any hicupp.

simnz Jan 17, 2021 6:46am | Post# 240

{quote} Quote "Excel does not possess speed fast enough to do algo trading." I think it comes down to what the algo is designed to do. I can code to push through 1000 trades in less than a minute in excel, the blocker is MT4 account with max of 100 trades. if the algo is monitoring the market to take around 5 trade in 1/5/15/30/60 minute TF excel RTD would easily handle that without any hicupp.
Appreciate your finding. I have shared the experience of a trader who has used Excel previously.

I am told Speed has a lot to do with the location of the trading client and server closer to the liquidity provider location.

I would advise anyone not to get affected my sharing of experience and knowledge and focus on your pursuits rather than challenging other people's opinions or experiences.

I am sure RTD is providing speed . Otherwise, why would Interactive Broker provide their server API and spreadsheet?

© Forex Factory