Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 3:35pm | Post# 1

8 Attachment(s)
A word on Geometric Trading: W.D. Gann and H. M. Gartley were two of the most successful traders of our time. Their discovery in the science of geometry in the markets is uncanny upon the forecasting of Time and Price reversals. General Guidelines: Those who care to join us & contribute you are welcome here. However, if you are going to post any charts on this thread, please briefly explain how you derived at your forecast so others may learn and not be confused. Trolls, Time Wasters, disruptors will be removed without notice. I have Zero tolerance for BS. This thread is here because I want to give the little guy the opportunity to become wealthy if he so wants it. I will guess only 1% or less that come to this thread will be serious enough about they're life and the direction it's going to make a change to it better. It is recommended you have a minimum of two years trading experience to post on this thread.
The Circumscribed Objective shown below I learned from reading books by W.D. Gann and Jerome Baumring, Beck and Jenkins
I do my analysis work using from Daily charts, it's all I need, as I can scan all the markets for the stock or currency that meets the criteria I specify. I scan first for Gartley patterns detected. I'm not referring to just any harmonic patterns that the herd call Gartley patterns. Those are nothing more then harmonics of some sort. Gartley pattern must be symmetry, otherwise distorted patterns are the rode to ruin. Personally, one only needs a few patterns a month, that with the right filters in your toolkit and it's a lock.
Geometric Tools that I use in my toolkit: TRG, TCG, Wolf Wave, Beck's Emblem, Quadrilateral, Andrews Pitchforks, Offset Squares (Tetrad), Time Price Vectors, Parallel Lines Circumscribed Objective, Circumcircle, Even/Odd Squares, Dyad/Arc, Lunar Cycles, Hadrians Wall, Aisha's Trendline, ZBD, Trajan's Trident, Volume, Relative Velocity, Squaring the High, Squaring the Low, Squaring the Range, Secret Angle, Flower of Life, Ellipse. Price Retracements, Price Expansion and more.... use Optuma Software for charts. If you want to requests a Trial Demo click on the link, https://optuma.com/UFM
Just remember, every indicator is lagging information. What I do is project what the future moves are to be based upon mathematics with odds of probability. Nature is always seeking perfection one might ask, how does it know? The markets are no different(why do you think Fibonacci levels work so well). Usually in my opinion forecasting when done properly and when the Money Makers do not mess with the market and disrupt the pattern flow, complete. Example: throw a pebble in a quiet pond, You notice perfect harmony in ripples. Then throw a big rock into the same pond upon the ripples in harmony, a total disruption of symmetry and harmony. The same applies to the market when MM enter the market. This thread is for those who want a successful trading career, not for bottom feeders.

Quote: Mathematics is the only exact science. All power under heaven and on earth is given unto the man who masters the simple science of mathematics. W.D. Gann
I'd say most people just follow the herd on methods and Technology. I chose a different path, Geometric Trading.
For simplicity, I do like Davit's Pivot Trading and RobinHood's Trading Made Simple(r) as they work and work well I do not claim to have all the answers. I am just one man currently at age 69 that has learned a few truths in this world and am sharing some of those truths here on this thread, that is all. You do as you wish. I've retired from two successful careers. What you are seeing in this thread at this defining moment, it's knowledge in trading is more valuable then all the gold I produced in my lifetime. I'll tell you this, I can tell a winner when I see one. If I try to push you to gain some knowledge and not accept a lesser version of yourself, then I have been successful. If I was a younger man, as most of you are this would be my path to follow.
The rest is up to you....
OK, let's start first Geometric Trading with some tools like the Circumscribed Objective:
The Circumscribed Objective was introduced in the 30's has been probably a most useful tool in forecasting where Time and Price will meet & reverse. Shown is the NZDGBP Daily Chart. Once a potential Gartley pattern is seen and the C leg established, the D leg reversal can be projected using Geometric Trading. First a Circle is applied then measuring the angle of the BC radius with some math D leg is established. (In other words: use the Circumscribed Objective on BC to find D). It works with accuracy most of the time. Basically this method was used to establish Grain prices in the 30's but kinda was swept under the rug since because most people today do not read anymore.

Attachment 3425689Attachment 3425543Attachment 3425544Attachment 3425545Attachment 3425546Attachment 3425547Attachment 3425548
Circumscribed Objective Documentation 1934.pdf

Marcieny Aug 28, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 2

Great to see that you created a thread !!!

success and Cheers.

js497 Aug 28, 2019 4:48pm | Post# 3

Interesting way DiamondMiner,
waiting more...

hibra68 Aug 28, 2019 5:47pm | Post# 4

The Circumscribed Objective as been probably a most useful tool in forcasting where Time and Price will meet & reverse. Shown is the NZDGBP Daily Chart. Once a potential Gartley pattern is seen and the C leg established the D leg reversal can be projected using Geometric Trading. First a Circle is applied then measuring the angle of the BC radius with some math D leg is established.{image}{image}{image}{image}{image}{image}
Can you give details on how you came up with the angle of the last leg?

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 5

Great to see that you created a thread !!! success and Cheers.
Hi Marcieny, how's it going below the equator. Anyhow I may put together a course on Geometric Trading if I see enough interest?
P

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 6:59pm | Post# 6

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} Can you give details on how you came up with the angle of the last leg?
Hibra68, Here is what is published in about 1934 from the Pickell-Daniel Extension Course of Grain Market Analysis. B point in the center of the circle. In answering your question, draw a center line to the angle, flip 180 degrees then add you D leg to the circle.Attachment 3425671Attachment 3425672 Upon adding another tool the Becks Emblem as a filter to the trade.Attachment 3425731
Circumscribed Objective Documentation 1934.pdf

Marcieny Aug 28, 2019 7:45pm | Post# 7

{quote} Hi Marcieny, how's it going below the equator. Anyhow I may put together a course on Geometric Trading if I see enough interest? P
it will be amazing if you do that ..
Brazil is gradually getting better, we were very stolen from the previous government .. And now they want to make the Amazon international ... I hope they can't ... the Brazilian people didn't like Macron having spoken of the Amazon as "ours" referring to it as if it were worldwide.

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 8:31pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} it will be amazing if you do that .. Brazil is gradually getting better, we were very stolen from the previous government .. And now they want to make the Amazon international ... I hope they can't ... the Brazilian people didn't like Macron having spoken of the Amazon as "ours" referring to it as if it were worldwide.
Marcieny, it's amazing on how other people think they can tell you what to do and how for you to spend your own money. Let me tell you what my Grandfather taught me, he said "Don't let anyone, anywhere ever try to tell you have to live your life and how to spend you own money". The President of France can't even run his own country, ignore him. Click to Enlarge

Name: Bolsonaro and Macron.jpg
Size: 55 KB

Marcieny Aug 28, 2019 8:39pm | Post# 9

{quote} Marcieny, it's amazing on how other people think they can tell you what to do and how for you to spend your own money. Let me tell you what my Grandfather taught me, he said "Don't let anyone, anywhere ever try to tell you have to live your life and how to spend you own money". The President of France can't even run his own country, ignore him. {image}
It's true ... Macron he has endangered Brazil's sovereignty.

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 8:48pm | Post# 10

{quote} It's true ... he has endangered Brazil's sovereignty.
All, I can say is Brazil can and will solve it's own problems no matter what anyone else has to say about it. I've worked with Brazilians for many years, and many are still great friends today.
P

Marcieny Aug 28, 2019 8:56pm | Post# 11

{quote} All, I can say is Brazil can and will solve it's own problems no matter what anyone else has to say about it. I've worked with Brazilians for many years, and many are still great friends today. P
It is true... Brazil has improved many things ... and today I can say that the population had never been proud before ,of the a president like Bolsonaro.
thank you very much for your concern.

DiamondMiner Aug 28, 2019 9:17pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Please allow me to give you some definition to the Circumscribed Objective. I use the Circumscribed Objective on BC to Find D. I hope this helps. Click to Enlarge

Name: Circumscribed Objective definition.jpg
Size: 246 KB

Stev1929 Aug 29, 2019 1:45am | Post# 13

Congratulations on your thread Pete! You have a wealth of knowledge in geometrics and the teachings of former trading masters that the majority are not even aware of.
M.S Jenkins as you know is my favourite and even his fundamentals on chart reading and price action would vastly improve most traders success rate, he has mine.
Well done for starting this thread.

Steve

DiamondMiner Aug 29, 2019 2:07am | Post# 14

Congratulations on your thread Pete! You have a wealth of knowledge in geometrics and the teachings of former trading masters that the majority are not even aware of. M.S Jenkins as you know is my favourite and even his fundamentals would vastly improve most traders success rate, he has mine. Well done for starting this thread. Steve
Stev, if all of the traders followed at least some of Jenkins work, they'd so much better off. You know, and I know but educating the public is never an easy task.
P

Mini7260 Aug 29, 2019 10:15am | Post# 15

{quote} Stev, if all of the traders followed at least some of Jenkins work, they'd so much better off. You know, and I know but educating the public is never an easy task. P
Who is M.S Jenkins?

DiamondMiner Aug 29, 2019 10:39am | Post# 16

6 Attachment(s)
{quote} Who is M.S Jenkins?
Mini7260, Michael Jenkins is of the best and most knowledgeable traders still living today. He is an author on many books and famous for his video on trading and the Secret Angle Method. To me, Jenkins is a light year ahead of the herd. Here are some screenshots from his video. If you can get a copy of his video get it, if you can't afford it, sell your soul or your children, that's how valuable it is. Got the picture?
Inserted Video
Inserted Video
Click to Enlarge

Name: Always use Geometric Angles.jpg
Size: 221 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Length of Base-Height of Move.jpg
Size: 130 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Offset Angle Corrections.jpg
Size: 192 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Weekly Angles S and R.jpg
Size: 225 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Buy Signal Strategies.jpg
Size: 168 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Geometric Angle Origins.jpg
Size: 137 KB

If one would use some of the Tips on this active link their trading would improve almost immediately. http://www.michaeljenkinstradingreso...TraderTips.htm

crodzilla Aug 30, 2019 11:45am | Post# 17

Very interested to hear more, Peter.
Thank you for your contributions.

Carl

priceact.fx Aug 30, 2019 7:56pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the wealth of information, Pete.

Using fundamental / sentiment analysis, GBPCAD was bearish (CAD's GDP printed green and as we are aware, Brexit is wearing down on GBP)
and then using the SQRT(2), SQRT(3) and SQRT(5) method helped determine the timing aspect of reversal and Gann Square of 9 calculations helped determine the potential S/R levels....also use Davit's pivots to determine the buy / sell zones.

Entered SELL on GBPCAD @ 1.62285 (a zone of price and time balance - more or less) and exited @ 1.6181 for a profit of 47 pips. The timing of the exit is also determined using the SQRT (2), SQRT(3) and SQRT (5) method. ...will continue to practice.

God bless you for sharing the details.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD.jpg
Size: 248 KB

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 4:35am | Post# 19

6 Attachment(s)
When something as simple as a putting a Triad upon the initial impulse wave and then adding a Circumcircle giving additional conformation of a reversal. Now, I have done this on a past tense chart as you see. However, I've done this on present tense charts starting with only a impulse wave. I will use the Circumcircle to find the center of and Triad for Support and Resistance, next, I would compare the Time Price Vector' to identify the end of a correction. After which I check the Degrees (the measurement in degrees is most important, I'll give you a hint. What degrees were the Pyramids built on ? And Why? ) and Fib level. I give the Circumcircle tool a .5 rating, I do not take a trade without a score of 6.0 I would regard the Circumcircle a tool but a low grade evaluation tool. Read everything W.D. Gann had ever written. I will show you more Obi Wan Kenobi. Be Patient... Attachment 3427749
#52.pdf
#53.pdf
#54.pdf
#55.pdf
#56.pdf

Whatsaname Aug 31, 2019 4:40am | Post# 20

Great thread! please continue

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 5:28am | Post# 21

2 Attachment(s)
Gartley and Elliott spoke the same language Click to Enlarge

Name: Gartley and Elloitt.jpg
Size: 34 KB Guess What? So did Gann !!!Click to Enlarge

Name: Gartley-Gann-Ellliott all share the same common.jpg
Size: 73 KB "Geometric Trading is a trading method that utilizes the science of Geometry to forecast market reversals in Price and Time".

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 5:47am | Post# 22

If one uses just basic tools they can made money at trading using four simple tools alone.
% Swing Chart Overlay
Price Retracements
Price Extentions
Price Expansions
When I get some time I'll post examples of each.
Let me explain something to you guys, I read, re-read, and re-read many books by Gann, Baumring, Cowan, Ferrera, Goulden, Prandelli till I was blue in the face, guess what? I didn't it and thought all of them were full of crap. Then one day a light bulb went on and it all made sense. But, by and large W.D. Gann was at the top and everyone else stemmed from his work.

****I will soon make a short video so you guys can do some of this stuff by yourself off your computer with a a piece of paper, a Protractor, ruler and dividers. You'll could be amazed on what was under neath you nose all the time. That will give you confidence.
I'm trying to get you guys to think, everything is out there.
P

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 7:32am | Post# 23

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the wealth of information, Pete. Using fundamental / sentiment analysis, GBPCAD was bearish (CAD's GDP printed green and as we are aware, Brexit is wearing down on GBP) and then using the SQRT(2), SQRT(3) and SQRT(5) method helped determine the timing aspect of reversal and Gann Square of 9 calculations helped determine the potential S/R levels....also use Davit's pivots to determine the buy / sell zones. Entered SELL on GBPCAD @ 1.62285 (a zone of price and time balance - more or less) and exited @ 1.6181 for a profit of 47 pips. The...
And that is exactly how it's done. Give that man a cigar !!! Good Post priceact.fx this is a perfect example of what happens when you break away from the herd mentality. My intention is to open ones mind and realize that there are alternatives to following the herd. From the responses I can tell some of you have heard of this type of trading. However, if I have the time, I'm going to try to change all of that so you don't end up going over the cliff. Let's not forget, this thread is not all about me, I invite any of you out there to participate if you have something important to say, OK?
Name:  herd3.jpg
Views: 2414
Size:  23 KB

raedmaa Aug 31, 2019 11:41am | Post# 24

Thank you very much, waiting for more.

priceact.fx Aug 31, 2019 12:55pm | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} And that is exactly how it's done. Give that man a cigar !!! Good Post priceact.fx this is a perfect example of what happens when you break away from the herd mentality. My intention is to open ones mind and realize that there are alternatives to following the herd. From the responses I can tell some of you have heard of this type of trading. However, if I have the time, I'm going to try to change all of that so you don't end up going over the cliff. {image}
Thank you, for your kind words, Pete. For the coming week, I have identified the following pairs based on fundamental / sentiment

GBPUSD (Bearish) GBPCAD (Bearish), GBPAUD (Bearish), EURUSD (Bearish), EURCAD( Bearish), EURAUD (Bearish), USDJPY (Bullish), AUDNZD (Biullish) and have marked the S/R levels on the charts (on M5 timeframe) by using GANN Square of 9 method. Next, i will continue to monitor the charts for price time balance (using the SQRT of 2,3,5 method) to identify potential trading opportunities.

I had downloaded a spreadsheet that calculates the levels (Need to input a price level - highest or lowest in a given time frame - i use M5 or M15.
I minimize the charts and find the level. if the S/R levels identified by the calculations in the spreadsheet have already been breached by the price, i input the next lowest or highest level.

I cannot recollect where i downloaded the spreadsheet from - My heartfelt thanks to the source. Attached is a copy. When using it, please do remove the decimal value from the price. Example: for EURUSD, instead of 1.1092, use 11092 and once the levels are calculated in the spreadsheet, add the decimal back when marking the level on the charts.

Hope fellow traders find this useful.

Gann-Square-of-9-Calculator.xlsx

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 1:00pm | Post# 26

{quote} Thank you, for your kind words, Pete. For the coming week, I have identified the following pairs based on fundamental / sentiment GBPUSD (Bearish) GBPCAD (Bearish), GBPAUD (Bearish), EURUSD (Bearish), EURCAD( Bearish), EURAUD (Bearish), USDJPY (Bullish) and have marked the S/R levels on the charts (on M5 timeframe) by using GANN Square of 9 method. Next, i will continue to monitor the charts for price time balance (using the SQRT of 2,3,5 method) to identify potential trading opportunities. I had downloaded a spreadsheet that calculates...
Priceact.fx, thanks for the spread sheets. Personally, even if people just used the Square of Nine, their trading probably would improve. Thanks Bro

ponson Aug 31, 2019 1:11pm | Post# 27

Hi priceact. I apologize for my English.
I'm sorry, I didn't show up.
My name is Sergio and I live in Italy

Months ago I read a book on how to use "Gann Square of 9 calculations".
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to insert the potential levels.
I decided to write this message after reading your post Post 25, I was fascinated by how you did the analysis.
Can you explain better how you do analysis?
What does "SQRT(2), SQRT(3) and SQRT(5)" mean? do you use any particular software?

I also ask for help from Peter, whom I thank in advance.
I really want to study Gann.

Thank you all and apologize again for my bad English.
Ciao.

DiamondMiner Aug 31, 2019 1:27pm | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
Hi priceact. I apologize for my English. Months ago I read a book on how to use "Gann Square of 9 calculations". Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to insert the potential levels. I decided to write this message after reading your post Post 25, I was fascinated by how you did the analysis. Can you explain better how you do analysis? What does "SQRT(2), SQRT(3) and SQRT(5)" mean? do you use any particular software? I also ask for help from DiamondMiner, whom I thank in advance. I really want to study Gann. Thank you all and apologize again...
Ponson, I can't answer for Priceact.fx but I'd say it's short for Square Root of ( ). Jenkins and probably Gann is famous for finding the square root to determine Support and Resistance See screenshot from Michael S. Jenkins video. Click to Enlarge

Name: Square Roots and Inc Dec.jpg
Size: 192 KB Ponson, there are numerous ways to do a lot of things. But, all of this stuff is all about mathematics, the only true science he have.

ponson Aug 31, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 29

{quote} Ponson, I can't answer for Priceact.fx but I'd say it's short for Square Root of ( ). Jenkins and probably Gann is famous for finding the square root to determine Support and Resistance See screenshot from Michael S. Jenkins video. {image} Ponson, there are numerous ways to do a lot of things. But, all of this stuff is all about mathematics, the only true science he have.
Thank you, Peter, for taking my call. I forgot my name is Sergio
I understand what you're saying, "that there are many ways to do things."
You where I suggest to start, but I have a small problem with the videos I have difficulty understanding them.
Do you have something simple to understand to start understanding "Gann Square of 9 calculations"?
If it is not possible not to worry I will try to understand by myself what I find on the net.
Here in Italy there are not many people who know and use Gann.
I have only met one person who asks for too many Euros for his course, which I do not have of course.
I hope you understand what I've written.
Thank you anyway.

priceact.fx Aug 31, 2019 1:53pm | Post# 30

{quote} Priceact.fx, thanks for the spread sheets. Personally, even if people just used the Square of Nine, their trading probably would improve. Thanks Bro
You are welcome, Bro. Thank you for providing the videos and starting me re-think in the direction of Gann's approach and price time balance.

priceact.fx Aug 31, 2019 2:16pm | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
Hi priceact. I apologize for my English. I'm sorry, I didn't show up. My name is Sergio and I live in Italy Months ago I read a book on how to use "Gann Square of 9 calculations". Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to insert the potential levels. I decided to write this message after reading your post Post 25, I was fascinated by how you did the analysis. Can you explain better how you do analysis? What does "SQRT(2), SQRT(3) and SQRT(5)" mean? do you use any particular software? I also ask for help from Peter, whom I thank in advance. I really...
Hi Sergio, Thank you for going through my post. I do not use any special software for the Square root calculations. I calculate using calculator or Excel. I am not sure if this is the best way to use the SQRT method but this seems to work in back testing and forward testing - so far.

Example: USDJPY: Price: 106.16 was the price when i calculated the potential turning times in terms of bars on M5 (you can use the current price)

Price * SQRT(2) = 150.13 (Divide this by 10 and get the nearest integer = 15)
Price * SQRT (3) = 183.87 (Divide this by 10 and get the nearest integer = 18)
Price * SQRT (5) = 237.38 (Divide this by 10 and get the nearest integer = 24)

(I used a combination of back testing and the above SQRT results to come up with the divide by 10 approach for JPY pairs (For non JPY pairs, i multiply by 10 to come up with the number of bars) - so that i get a reasonable number of bars - I have done this with a limited knowledge and would like to defer to Experts in Gann and Price / Time forecasting methods to help with a different or better way of doing this. )

I try to get an integer from there that i can use to determine the 3 potential turning bars on the chart. It can get a little subjective here as to which bar needs to be used as starting point to count. I start counting the bars from the previous immediate reasonable swing of price movement. I check which bar (18th versus 24th) comes closest to the price levels determined by Gann's Square of 9 (you can use the spreadsheet attached in the earlier post to calculate Gann's Square of 9 levels and mark the charts).

In the attached USDJPY image, the arrow points to the bar where i start counting and the oval points to the bar where i end the counting. A BUY on USDJPY can be entered any where after that as close to the Support level as possible (marked by RED horizontal line) Or if you are a conservative trader, wait for a bullish bar to give you the confirmation. I use similar counting for exit.

Please do not apologize. You have communicated your question quite well and my english is not perfect.

Hope this helps.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY.jpg
Size: 166 KB

DiamondMiner Sep 1, 2019 5:54am | Post# 32

1 Attachment(s)
I recommend reading if you hadn't "The Secret Science of the Stock Market" by Michael S. Jenkins. It contains a wealth of information for trading success.Name:  Secret science of the stock market.jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  27 KB If you followed most of the suggestions he makes in the book about 90% of you problems in trading would be gone.

priceact.fx Sep 1, 2019 12:36pm | Post# 33

I would be using the following steps to determine the pairs for the week and identify potential trading opportunities, enter and exit:

1. Using Fundamental / Sentiment analysis, determine the strong versus weak currencies. I use "weekly" view of the news events from forexfactory.

The week of 9/1 has high impact news for the following currencies USD, AUD, CAD (mainly.. although CHF and GBP have one high impact news each)
Based on fundamental events in the recent past, the following currencies are weak: GBP, EUR, NZD and the following currencies are strong: CAD, USD,
AUD

Using the above, i come up with the following currency pairs along with the direction of trade for this week:
GBPCAD SELL
GBPAUD SELL
GBPUSD SELL

EURCAD SELL
EURAUD SELL
EURUSD SELL

USDJPY BUY

AUDNZD BUY

2. Open the charts for the above pairs in MT4 (M5 timeframe) and load Davit's pivots template (from Davit's Pivot trading system). My heart felt thanks to Davit and many other fellow traders for their contribution to the templates, indicators and Pivot trading system.

3. Using the Spreadsheet (Post # 25) in this thread, i calculate the Gann Square of 9 levels and mark them on the charts.

4. Next, using SQRT method, i calculate the numbers for all the pairs listed above and wait for market to make a significant move in the opposite direction of the trading direction listed above (the move should consist of healthy candles and not small or sideways moving candles). I look for potential reversals @ one of the three numbers calculated by SQRT method (I count the bars as mentioned in post # 31)

5. Once i see a "Price and Time balance" using confluence of levels calculated in Step 3 above (as well as other pivot levels and round numbers - 100, or 1000 levels), using proper money management, i enter the trades. I use Davit's pivots to also identify BUY / SELL zones and higher the confluence and probability, i use higher position size. If i get a SELL opportunity near S38, S61 etc, i reduce the position size OR simply stay out of the market - since these levels correspond to reversal zones based on the pivots.

6. I usually exit near the next level (pivot or Gann's Square of 9 level or 100 / 1000 round number or a confluence of these) and / or if the number of bars get close
to one of the three numbers calculated using SQRT method. I will definitely exit if the bar count reaches the highest number of the three.

I learnt the hard way that Fundamental / Sentiment analysis cannot be skipped just because it takes time and may not always be easy to learn. Using only technical analysis resulted in inconsistent results over many many years of my personal trading.

Hope this helps.

DiamondMiner Sep 1, 2019 12:53pm | Post# 34

1 Attachment(s)
I've always felt that Fundamental Analysis is the direct product of Economic Factors + Statistical Factors.
Example below is of How I hunt for a potential trade. There is a check list of filters to qualify.
I never want to take just any trade, I only take the trade that I hold an edge.
I had done a scan for Gartley Patterns, in the chart below it's identified in Red in the center. Then I found another one (Gartley) directly after the previous one. Upon applying the Beck's Emblem tool(in green) at the X to A leg clearly shows the Gartley Pattern already formed up to C leg. Reversal is expected in the upper right tip of the Quadrilateral tool. Click to Enlarge

Name: NJ long_1.jpg
Size: 160 KB

Stev1929 Sep 1, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 35

I recommend reading if you hadn't "The Secret Science of the Stock Market" by Michael S. Jenkins. It contains a wealth of information for trading success.{image} If you followed most of the suggestions he makes in the book about 90% of you problems in trading would be gone.
Epiphany time! To those who invest their time to read it

Viv108 Sep 1, 2019 4:13pm | Post# 36

I've always felt that Fundamental Analysis is the direct product of Economic Factors + Statistical Factors. Example below is of How I hunt for a potential trade. There is a check list of filters to qualify. I never want to take just any trade, I only the trade that I hold an edge. I had done a scan for Gartley Patterns, in the chart below it's identified in Red in the center. Then I found another one directly after the previous one. Upon applying the Beck's Emblem tool(in green) at the X to A leg clearly shows the Gartley Pattern already formed...
Simply stunning!!! Ive been trying to learn about Gann and all his ideas but it never made sense as I can only learn when its experiential like this, rather than theoretical from a book. A couple of questions for you, if you dont mind.

i) Your price is different to the current live price NZDJPY is showing (67.05ish). Why is your chart different to mine?
ii) Focusing on the pattern itself, how would you play this NJPY trade? Go long (at the current price on your chart and sell when it reaches that top right corner?
iii) How do you scan these patterns? They are so difficult to spot unless you have an indicator which does it for you. DO you spend your day manually scanning charts looking for set ups?

I really hope this thread goes the distance. This mathematical approach, trading charts naked really has always been my thing. Thanks once again for your time and energy!

DiamondMiner Sep 1, 2019 4:41pm | Post# 37

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Simply stunning!!! Ive been trying to learn about Gann and all his ideas but it never made sense as I can only learn when its experiential like this, rather than theoretical from a book. A couple of questions for you, if you dont mind. i) How would you play this NJPY trade? Go long now and sell when it reaches that top right corner? ii) Would you go short at the top right corner and let it run down? iii) How do you scan these patterns? They are so difficult to spot unless you have an indicator which does it for you! I really hope this thread...
Viv108 Sadly you missed the really good Gartley pattern weeks back, but I see no pattern that I would take today. Sorry. Yes the software helps me. I am not saying there isn't other ways to do it but am saying, no trade for me today on that pair. But you can see if you got into the trade at the right time you would have been successful. A scan of all the markets is done in less then one minute. Attachment 3428234 Harmonically Guided Evolution download
Harmonic_Evolution.pdf

priceact.fx Sep 1, 2019 8:03pm | Post# 38

1 Attachment(s)
Entered 2 trades in Asian session - AUDNZD BUY, USDJPY BUY as the criteria matched for entries (Please see post #33 above; The blue vertical lines are in the area of entry and the 3 red vertical lines represent the potential reversal bars - and these are identified in advance) . Not much movement due to low volumes in Asian session (expected). Exited both trades for a small profit.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY_AUDNZD.jpg
Size: 319 KB

priceact.fx Sep 1, 2019 9:50pm | Post# 39

1 Attachment(s)
Entered a sell in EURAUD as the criteria matched for entry. 16 pips profit. Earlier, missed SELL trades on GBPUSD and GBPCAD... both would have been winners...
Oh well...Need better focus to trade on M5

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD.jpg
Size: 283 KB

ExpertLevel Sep 1, 2019 10:18pm | Post# 40

I see, but how to scale the chart so we can get the exact 1x1 time and price. because without that, you cant draw with precise time. only price.

© Forex Factory