Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/944320-time-and-price-forecasting)

Winston Reed Feb 5, 2020 8:21am | Post# 1681

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY60min
Being able to clearly identify swings is a primary tenet of trading with forks. Forks are in fact all about the swings and not the lines. In the chart below the red fork is made up of red swings A to B which projected C to D. Note D was exceeded. Since a new high confirms a swing low, blue A to B becomes the first swing in the blue fork or if you will a possible new upward trend. As price moves up the blue fork is adjusted. We now have a clear potential measured move from blue C to D. This idea of using measured moves is also a benefit of using forks and becomes methodical when trading. In this case blue D is around the area where bulls made a decision to make a higher high.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 6.13.59 AM.png
Size: 389 KB

Swede Feb 5, 2020 8:26am | Post# 1682

1 Attachment(s)
Aaah...the best laid plans sometimes dont work out...stops hit and small loss taken....that's trading lol
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-05_0623.png
Size: 26 KB

Winston Reed Feb 5, 2020 8:28am | Post# 1683

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY60min Being able to clearly identify swings is a primary tenet of trading with forks. Forks are in fact all about the swings and not the lines. In the chart below the red fork is made up of red swings A to B which projected C to D. Note D was exceeded. Since a new high confirms a swing low, blue A to B becomes the first swing in the blue fork or if you will a possible new upward trend. As price moves up the blue fork is adjusted. We now have a clear potential measured move from blue C to D. This idea of using measured moves is also a benefit...
USDJPY60min
The image in the previous post didn't show blue D. But I wanted to clarify. Although the measured move I spoke of is blue C to D, this is not to imply that this is a trade I am imminently planning to enter although it is certainly possible. I would rather price retrace and retest in the area of the grey rectangle and entertain buying in this area and trade for a new high.

Personally I don't take trades that don't have a clear potential profit target of 2.5:1 or 3:1.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 6.24.24 AM.png
Size: 432 KB

LvCa Feb 5, 2020 8:42am | Post# 1684

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} What I am beginning to notice: There are some of you guys that are afraid to try or afraid to fail. That's OK, failure is how we learn, it's alright to make a mistake or not understand. I ask you to engage(jump in). That is how we learn. I taught my son the hardest part about doing anything is: STARTING. Today he has a Masters degree in Cybersecurity, Bachelors degree in Computer Science, and 6 cybersecurity certifications. So, getting back on topic, It all starts with the IMPULSE WAVE. From there you try adding your tetrad, triad, dyad,...

Thanks sir , my 2 cent...
Based on the first impulse (if I understand correctly what you mean):
I am ready to go short if:
--If a line / angle breaks (in blue)

Why ?
Becouse AU is near resistance (brown corner, of the first impulse) +possible break a blue angle can be good
Click to Enlarge

Name: ASKAKSKSKAKKSKSAKSKAKS.png
Size: 45 KB

DiamondMiner Feb 5, 2020 9:50am | Post# 1685

{quote} Thanks sir , my 2 cent... Based on the first impulse (if I understand correctly what you mean): I am ready to go short if: --If a line / angle breaks (in blue) Why ? Becouse AU is near resistance (brown corner, of the first impulse) +possible break a blue angle can be good {image}
LvCa, your getting the idea... we are working with probabilities(more rights then wrongs). Usually, I wait for a confirmation candle...

LvCa Feb 5, 2020 10:18am | Post# 1686

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} LvCa, your getting the idea... we are working with probabilities(more rights then wrongs). Usually, I wait for a confirmation candle...

Ok i am IN (short ) now , with another confirmation ( violet box )
Click to Enlarge

Name: OOOOOOOSIDIDIDIDIDDIDI.png
Size: 49 KB

Wzt Feb 5, 2020 10:48am | Post# 1687

{quote} Ok i am IN (short ) now , with another confirmation ( violet box ) {image}
Sniper shot LvCa.

Swede Feb 5, 2020 11:54am | Post# 1688

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Ok i am IN (short ) now , with another confirmation ( violet box ) {image}
Please be aware of news at 7:30 Eastern Time that could really move AUD either way.....because of the effect of the Corona Virus, China is nearly shut down to trade....and China is the largest trading partner Australia has.....so retail sales could be effected big time, and that will effect the currency...just saying always be aware of anything that could effect the currency your trading...(we dont want you looking like this..lol)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-05_0948.png
Size: 15 KB

LvCa Feb 5, 2020 12:36pm | Post# 1689

{quote} Please be aware of news at 7:30 Eastern Time that could really move AUD either way.....because of the effect of the Corona Virus, China is nearly shut down to trade....and China is the largest trading partner Australia has.....so retail sales could be effected big time, and that will effect the currency...just saying always be aware of anything that could effect the currency your trading...(we dont want you looking like this..lol) {image}
thank you very much, in this moment I have the SL in Breakeven ... I really appreciate your message
However in my country (Italy) the isolation of Coronavirus has been discovered (good news)

Swede Feb 5, 2020 3:17pm | Post# 1690

So today my friends , I had a return on investment of nearly 4375% thanks to a tip from Michael Jenkins. Anyone care to know how it was done.?

Aworex Feb 5, 2020 3:21pm | Post# 1691

Sure plssssss share !!!

Swede Feb 5, 2020 3:56pm | Post# 1692

My post wouldn’t allow the picture...will repost soon

Swede Feb 5, 2020 4:18pm | Post# 1693

2 Attachment(s)
Drawing offset angles, and the angles from the offset angle itself can be darn difficult due to scaling...and that applies to even the best trading software. Its a well known fact that price can make big moves when the 45 degree angle is breached, either way....but when price also breaks the 60 and then the ultimate 90...we heading south big time.

Jenkins acknowledged the problem and offered a solution...go and buy a decent protractor set and overlay on your screen to make the angles much more reliable and exact. I thought it as too basic, too unsophisticated to work.....well I was wrong! With some adjustment it works great.

I would not have taken the Euro trades this morning because normally I would have considered the big sell off to be very subject to retrace today. But after seeing the 90 breached the way it was...it was downhill all the way.

So, for a $2.56 investment from Walmart and a return of $113.00 I rest my case..lol
Name:  2020-02-05_1359.png
Views: 454
Size:  53 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-05_1358.png
Size: 35 KB

parisboy Feb 5, 2020 4:30pm | Post# 1694

1 Attachment(s)
Average Cycle Time Period = 1,25 Square

Click to Enlarge

Name: SWEDE CYCLES.jpg
Size: 119 KB

Wzt Feb 6, 2020 12:03am | Post# 1695

My post wouldn’t allow the picture...will repost soon
Pete and Swede emphasized drawing manually to become a professional at accurate prediction price turn in time.

Excellent work Swede...

Ebali1 Feb 6, 2020 2:34am | Post# 1696

Drawing offset angles, and the angles from the offset angle itself can be darn difficult due to scaling...and that applies to even the best trading software. Its a well known fact that price can make big moves when the 45 degree angle is breached, either way....but when price also breaks the 60 and then the ultimate 90...we heading south big time. Jenkins acknowledged the problem and offered a solution...go and buy a decent protractor set and overlay on your screen to make the angles much more reliable and exact. I thought it as too basic, too unsophisticated...
Stunning, I completely ignored trying out what Jenkin said about the off set angles now you just made a significant improvement to the right direction and a really practical, easy on target entry with low risk to high reward and trading with confidence. $1m for you for being the of moment Swede. Ebali

sponge Feb 6, 2020 3:03am | Post# 1697

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, after reading your posts I though this drawing tool might be of use to you.

You can download the free version.

Hope it works for you

http://www.markus-bader.de/MB-Ruler/index.php
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 60 KB

Aworex Feb 6, 2020 3:15am | Post# 1698

Nice !!!!!

timeandprice Feb 6, 2020 4:24am | Post# 1699

Drawing offset angles, and the angles from the offset angle itself can be darn difficult due to scaling...and that applies to even the best trading software. Its a well known fact that price can make big moves when the 45 degree angle is breached, either way....but when price also breaks the 60 and then the ultimate 90...we heading south big time. Jenkins acknowledged the problem and offered a solution...go and buy a decent protractor set and overlay on your screen to make the angles much more reliable and exact. I thought it as too basic, too unsophisticated...

Great post Swede and congrats on you massive % profit.

I think I did even better years ago, as I bought a roll of painters masking tape and stuck it on the screen, horizontally, buy above and sell below..and then 45% for angle support....! People thought I was crazy but it helped...

Before anyone is horrified that I put tape on a computer screen...note this was in days of old, when flat screens were not even in sci fi movies...

limprobable Feb 6, 2020 5:10am | Post# 1700

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Thanks for sharing and well done for your trade. We see just one angle. Can you show the previous angles based on previous offset angles, something like this (my angles are probably at the wrong places, its just to explain)?
Then we will see a complete story.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Inked2020-02-05_1358_LI.jpg
Size: 832 KB

green pips

© Forex Factory