Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/944320-time-and-price-forecasting)

DiamondMiner Jul 9, 2020 2:58pm | Post# 2201

TradersWorld Magazine #76
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...HLCvr5sYm5njVV

Swede Jul 9, 2020 5:53pm | Post# 2202

1 Attachment(s)
Regarding price.......a basic teaching of WD Gann was the use of Octaves....the division of 8 just as in a musical note. Why it works, I am not the one to tell you, but if you can answer that you can also answer why 61.8 or 76.2 or 50% fib levels work often as turning points of impulse waves. I use the division of 8 all the time because I am a contrarian...someone who likes to take short term reversals opposite the prevailing trend so I can make quick $$, instead of holding for days. I am not alone, many time and price traders use variations of octaves to countertrend trade for quick profits. Like this morning as GBP hit an octave level 2 and reversed...but, the key is knowing how to draw them, then you can leave them on your chart until the swing level is broken.

Find the last MAJOR swing once it is clearly reversing....an easy way is to divide that area by 8 using a re calibrated Fib retracement tool as shown. then observe price when it reaches these levels....often there are really good trades there as a new session begins or ends. Place them on your favorite currency and watch them for a week or so....you will never trade without them after.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-09_1528.png
Size: 51 KB

Swede Jul 9, 2020 6:00pm | Post# 2203

ps: the last red arrow on the chart just posted is up just about 70 pips atm...and if looking at the other indicators, pivots level, offset angle, the three crows or pillars standing tall...we could see a good reversal here....I need the money because I have an expensive wife so wish me the best...

tomorrow we will have a look at how to find turning points in TIME cycles...

selym_co Jul 10, 2020 4:04am | Post# 2204

ps: the last red arrow on the chart just posted is up just about 70 pips atm...and if looking at the other indicators, pivots level, offset angle, the three crows or pillars standing tall...we could see a good reversal here....I need the money because I have an expensive wife so wish me the best... tomorrow we will have a look at how to find turning points in TIME cycles...
That is really a nice decision. I am also considering about jumping on the back of bears...

Daily Range says 1,2507 ish

Thanks and best regards

Swede Jul 10, 2020 12:02pm | Post# 2205

1 Attachment(s)
Great opportunity to get on board GBP once again........but, not wanting to hold over the weekend I may close later today...

Anyway....time cycles.....with cable I like to place 24 hour time cycles on my chart....use you cycle tool for that, but you may also want to go to a higher timeframe...then perhaps 36 hour or 48 hour cycles would work better....but here is the thing...make enough history to see if you cycle lines make sense...do they spot potential reversal zones with enough frequency to be effective. If they do you can simply leave them on your charts and be alerted to these historically strong reversal areas...just another tool for your tool shed....i have colored them white for illustration

eg....yesterdays trade was closed where? Look a the last checkmark to the right on the chart'''the cycle was probably complete and it was in a strong support area....and as you can see London drove price right back to resistance.....so cycle lines can alert you to manage your trades at one of these junctions
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1001.png
Size: 27 KB

Pythonxrtg Jul 10, 2020 12:06pm | Post# 2206

I appreciate how you forecast price with time. very interesting. I think price and time projection is the only way to trade. Nice post

Swede Jul 10, 2020 12:20pm | Post# 2207

2 Attachment(s)
Now some like to square time and price so your cycles lines equal the distance between octave horizontal lines...you can use your circle tool to measure and your chart will look more like this...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1014.png
Size: 16 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1017.png
Size: 24 KB

SilentFather Jul 10, 2020 12:47pm | Post# 2208

Regarding price.......a basic teaching of WD Gann was the use of Octaves....the division of 8 just as in a musical note. Why it works, I am not the one to tell you, but if you can answer that you can also answer why 61.8 or 76.2 or 50% fib levels work often as turning points of impulse waves. I use the division of 8 all the time because I am a contrarian...someone who likes to take short term reversals opposite the prevailing trend so I can make quick $$, instead of holding for days. I am not alone, many time and price traders use variations of...
Amazing... Just great. Really. So if I understand correctly, yellow lines are 90? What is the fib settings my dear friend?

SF

Swede Jul 10, 2020 1:17pm | Post# 2209

{quote} Amazing... Just great. Really. So if I understand correctly, yellow lines are 90? What is the fib settings my dear friend? SF
0, 12.5, 25, 36.5, 50, 62.5, 75, 87.5, 100. And name them 12345678. name number 4 Center of gravity, or something like that to alert you price has entered the 50 percent level from the last MAJOR swing....emphasis on MAJOR SWING, not just a normal oscillation swing.

Swede Jul 10, 2020 1:33pm | Post# 2210

And yes....the 90 offsets we drew a few posts back have given many real nice countertrend trades this week...like even an hour ago

SilentFather Jul 10, 2020 1:41pm | Post# 2211

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} 0, 12.5, 25, 36.5, 50, 62.5, 75, 87.5, 100. And name them 12345678. name number 4 Center of gravity, or something like that to alert you price has entered the 50 percent level from the last MAJOR swing....emphasis on MAJOR SWING, not just a normal oscillation swing.
Cool Thank You. And one more thing. You use something to draw those 90 lines? I tried it in cTrader but it was no good at all. Not even sure how much I use when I do it since it looks kinda weird. I believe you have written that you use protractor? Is this correct? Or even better, is there a way to draw them in the platform without any problems?

I use mostly cTrader so if You could try it and say to me what I do wrong I would appreciate. If not I will be happy if You can show me some way. This is exactly what I need. I saw a thread years back trader doing something like this (these lines worked 100% of time) but I never discovered what lines he used. If the god geometry (called like this I believe) or not.

By the way this intersection works all the time for literally zero drawdown. I use them sometimes. I'm happy if I do those 1 time from 20 tries. But it does work very well. Do You think so?

SF
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 64 KB

DiamondMiner Jul 10, 2020 2:01pm | Post# 2212

Lately, I don't trade anything but Alt and Bitcoin's. However, in this thread there are a Handful of devoted traders(you know who you are) who have hung in through the times with me. Most of my day I am busy doing my own research project which has consumed me to no end. The facts are I turned over all my trading to my wife because I just do not have the time to trade as I am so consumed with this project(one must understand, what I am doing is more important then money). Anyhow, I appreciate all those Patrons who pitch in and keep this thread alive.
I appreciate you.....
DM

Swede Jul 10, 2020 2:43pm | Post# 2213

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} Cool Thank You. And one more thing. You use something to draw those 90 lines? I tried it in cTrader but it was no good at all. Not even sure how much I use when I do it since it looks kinda weird. I believe you have written that you use protractor? Is this correct? Or even better, is there a way to draw them in the platform without any problems? I use mostly cTrader so if You could try it and say to me what I do wrong I would appreciate. If not I will be happy if You can show me some way. This is exactly what I need. I...
I only use MT4 and have learned to adapt my platform to these methods...anyway I am so convinced regarding 90 degree offsets, I could trade just them alone and make a good living....but here is my big "secret"....costs about 2.00 and I use it to overlay my charts (after I have them adjusted to the scale I like to use) I have heard comments about how insane I am, how silly, how unsophisticated or childish....dont believe it...some of the best traders in the world use methods like these....haters are why I no longer offer proof of my trades so the focus is taken off what I say, but redirect the focus on the chart to show evidence of patterns that work. Anyway, have a look at the charts here...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1227.png
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1230.png
Size: 223 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1231.png
Size: 338 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1232.png
Size: 314 KB

Swede Jul 10, 2020 3:05pm | Post# 2214

1 Attachment(s)
Something I have paying more than the usual attention to is the London Session cycle times,,,,and why not, since its volume is the greatest in the Forex market.

Every Monday, set your cycle tool to begin about 1 hour after the session starts and ends 24 hours later for the next cycle....not hard to see where the real cycles and their effects begin......so just a side thought you may find useful...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-07-10_1258.png
Size: 10 KB

DiamondMiner Jul 10, 2020 3:44pm | Post# 2215

Something I have paying more than the usual attention to is the London Session cycle times,,,,and why not, since its volume is the greatest in the Forex market. Every Monday, set your cycle tool to begin about 1 hour after the session starts and ends 24 hours later for the next cycle....not hard to see where the real cycles and their effects begin......so just a side thought you may find useful... {image}
Swede, when you talk(post) the whole room goes silent.... LOL I like that.....
DM

Swede Jul 10, 2020 6:32pm | Post# 2216

{quote} Swede, when you talk(post) the whole room goes silent.... LOL I like that..... DM
Maybe silent out of confusion is more the case.lol.

The thing is, trading is not an easy way to make money, too many unforeseen circumstances can come into play when you least expect them as Im sure your aware. My point in posting some of these basic concepts that can eliminate a TON of risk, giving the average trader an edge. Lets face it, if any of these concepts were a sure thing we would all be rich. But without any analysis we would be trading blind. These concepts have been proven over time by brilliant traders, some are gone, some still use these time proven concepts with great results. Anyway, I just feel the need to show what I have found to work for me, if it benefits a few Im happy...part of giving back I guess..

HoTuanViet Jul 11, 2020 12:13am | Post# 2217

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} I only use MT4 and have learned to adapt my platform to these methods...anyway I am so convinced regarding 90 degree offsets, I could trade just them alone and make a good living....but here is my big "secret"....costs about 2.00 and I use it to overlay my charts (after I have them adjusted to the scale I like to use) I have heard comments about how insane I am, how silly, how unsophisticated or childish....dont believe it...some of the best traders in the world use methods like these....haters are why I no longer offer proof of my trades...
I think the phrase "after I have them adjusted to the scale I like to use" is very important.
That's what I think everyone here is not sure what to do right.

As the 2 examples below you posted, it has 2 different scaling ratios.
Only a 10 point difference has had a slight change in the line drawn, so what if the split changes more.

Do you have any suggestions for us to draw it just like you?

As for the square angle measurement, you can use the shared software at post # 1542. It is very useful
Link: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post13041691
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 23 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 69 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image3.png
Size: 76 KB

Rubernet Jul 11, 2020 2:34am | Post# 2218

1 Attachment(s)
I had the circle script that was shared on this thread converted to a indicator. Much more user friendly and also stays in place when changing time frames.

Circle_Maker.ex4

Swede Jul 11, 2020 11:20am | Post# 2219

{quote} I think the phrase "after I have them adjusted to the scale I like to use" is very important. That's what I think everyone here is not sure what to do right. As the 2 examples below you posted, it has 2 different scaling ratios. Only a 10 point difference has had a slight change in the line drawn, so what if the split changes more. Do you have any suggestions for us to draw it just like you? As for the square angle measurement, you can use the shared software at post # 1542. It is very useful Link: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post13041691...
Great question...shows your paying attention, but your asking for the impossible. Let me explain.

First, this is an age old question that is discussed over and over and over in FF, U tube, and with every charting program on the market. And you will find there is never a solution that works for everyone because, scaling a 10" ipad is completely different from a 15" laptop with a square screen, or a 15" with a rectangular screen, or a 17" screen, or a dual 26" screen....all are different, none are universal. Scaling the British Pound is different from scaling the Euro. Why, because of the huge difference in trading range. Or scale the Yen with the huge spikes...impossible at times! So its up to you as the trader to find a solution, and no one can do that for you. Also, depending on what broker you are using, price can vary by 10 pips, and then there is the problem of spread. Some brokers still think a 4 pip spread is ok for Cable....but my broker gives me a 1.5 spread on Cable...quite a difference. It allows me to take bigger positions, but with tighter stops if im wrong.

You will never find the perfect scale, but can we get close?...YES. And that is the edge we talk about here.

For example, my charts you posted last....when price enters that area we dont blindly take the trade....we have to look at price action around the area identified....when all the parts fit together we may take the trade.....but even then you need to use money management by using appropriate stops.....the example you showed where i'm out 5-10 pips is nothing....but are we in an area of interest...the answer would be yes.

I have the feeling your trying to find pin point accuracy in your entries, you will be sad to know that attitude will cost you a lot of money, time and frustration because the market is a cruel taskmaster....it does not care about you and anyone else...it will do what it will do....but if we have an edge we can be right more than we are wrong....and that is when you can make a good income.

Anyway, I suggest you look up scaling info on your own and come up with a chart that works for you... Best..Swede

SilentFather Jul 11, 2020 11:22am | Post# 2220

{quote} I only use MT4 and have learned to adapt my platform to these methods...anyway I am so convinced regarding 90 degree offsets, I could trade just them alone and make a good living....but here is my big "secret"....costs about 2.00 and I use it to overlay my charts (after I have them adjusted to the scale I like to use) I have heard comments about how insane I am, how silly, how unsophisticated or childish....dont believe it...some of the best traders in the world use methods like these....haters are why I no longer offer proof of my trades...
Can't even say how happy I am You help me like that. Since I am able to pick top and bottoms quite well I would say. But something I still miss is there. This might be it. So I'm very happy for Your ideas. Really.

I will do my work and I'll come back to explain how I do everything before trading. It's mostly same but the 2 usd secret should do the thing completely. :3

Happy trading

SF

© Forex Factory