Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

LvCa Feb 6, 2020 6:15am | Post# 1701

1 Attachment(s)
So I used completely wrong angles ... but I got lucky.
At this point I will continue to look for repetitions of shapes that repeat themselves, and I will skip corners until i solve the "problem" ... Speaking of repetitions of shapes, ranges and times , I am seeing this graph maybe there could be these repetitions ?

**Road to the moon , 4-5 K pips**
Click to Enlarge

Name: PORTAPORTAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
Size: 28 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 8:40am | Post# 1702

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello, Thanks for sharing and well done for your trade. We see just one angle. Can you show the previous angles based on previous offset angles, something like this (my angles are probably at the wrong places, its just to explain)? Then we will see a complete story. {image} green pips
Here is some of the previous offsets....notice the gold...pretty much guided the trader through all the mess and the turnaround...nice hey?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_0637.png
Size: 38 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 8:43am | Post# 1703

{quote} Great post Swede and congrats on you massive % profit. I think I did even better years ago, as I bought a roll of painters masking tape and stuck it on the screen, horizontally, buy above and sell below..and then 45% for angle support....! People thought I was crazy but it helped... Before anyone is horrified that I put tape on a computer screen...note this was in days of old, when flat screens were not even in sci fi movies...
OK OK>>> I admit your return on investment was greater than mine...haaaaaa

Swede Feb 6, 2020 8:54am | Post# 1704

1 Attachment(s)
So I used completely wrong angles ... but I got lucky. At this point I will continue to look for repetitions of shapes that repeat themselves, and I will skip corners until i solve the "problem" ... Speaking of repetitions of shapes, ranges and times , I am seeing this graph maybe there could be these repetitions ? **Road to the moon , 4-5 K pips** {image}
Nice work....had you taken an impulse wave a little closer to price, this is what you would have seen using the offset angles....just for comparison...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_0652.png
Size: 23 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 9:05am | Post# 1705

1 Attachment(s)
current Euro 1 hour updated....not looking well for longs unless that 90 degree is broken clearly..
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_0703.png
Size: 22 KB

LvCa Feb 6, 2020 9:23am | Post# 1706

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nice work....had you taken an impulse wave a little closer to price, this is what you would have seen using the offset angles....just for comparison... {image}
Thanks , at the moment I can't use the correct angles (I will learn I hope) but look at the same graph that I posted before with the addition of the projections (red lines)
Click to Enlarge

Name: .png
Size: 46 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 9:28am | Post# 1707

1 Attachment(s)
Retail Sales report last night was a non mover...even through the Retail Sales report was soft, Aud held firm...but notice it couldnt break the second tier angle. Copper enjoys strong world prices and Aussie has lots of it, probably why it held up so well. Now China reducing tarrifs and tonight Gov Lowe speaks...could get the Aussie moving imho
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_0734.png
Size: 45 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 10:07am | Post# 1708

1 Attachment(s)
That was a great sign of things to come as the move north stalled strong at the 90 degree....loaded up and looks good as support breached..
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_0806.png
Size: 21 KB

Swede Feb 6, 2020 1:39pm | Post# 1709

2 Attachment(s)
Final couple of charts for a few days...the dumping of the Euro and Pound were easily caught using offset angles this morning....and note the GBP chart, how the 90 degree caught the bottom of the sell off for the NY session. Anyway, I think it is really worth everyone's time to do what is necessary to plot these strong levels of support or resistance before the open of each session, only takes a few minutes.
. For your horizontal lines, divide the last substantial swing high, swing low, by 8 to establish further evidence of support or resistance. Finish your charts using the cycle tool found in inserts, and adjust to find those reversal levels and carry it forward....this little bit of preparation can pay off huge even using mt4. Beck and Jenkins know what their doing...study their methods and make it part of your dedication to yourself and your account. And while your at it thank Peter for starting and managing this thread...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_1138.png
Size: 23 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-06_1122.png
Size: 22 KB

fundiwambao Feb 6, 2020 5:37pm | Post# 1710

Swede!

Excellent posts and trades!

Thanks!

vik11 Feb 7, 2020 4:25am | Post# 1711

1 Attachment(s)
I spent too much time trying to work out how to get past the scaling problem and construct a grid with an accurate 45 degree angle. Sorted it out in the end by using fib retracement and fib time zone tools on MT4. Used angles of 25, 50, 75 etc, as per MSJ, and I took Swede's advice and went out and bought me a compass. It confirmed the 1x1 was accurate. I also got some graph paper and protractor so I can have a go at some manual work.

I spotted a setup using the angle grid on AUDJPY so took a couple of small positions on it. There's also a little head and shoulders going on there too. But the way price crossed below the 3x1 and didn't climb back above it despite trying to a few times convinced me to sell for a move down to the 2x1. See how it goes.

If anyone even newer than me wants to know how to use the fib tools to create the grid/box on MT4 just give me a shout.

Click to Enlarge

Name: audjpy.png
Size: 71 KB

parisboy Feb 7, 2020 4:45am | Post# 1712

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: OPERATIVE GRID.jpg
Size: 76 KB

vik11 Feb 7, 2020 7:16am | Post# 1713

{image}
Thanks, PB. I must admit I'm a little confused by the 4x1, 2x1 format. I watched or read MSJ explaining this but didn't quite get it. So, if we use price x time rather than the other way around wouldn't the angles above the 1x1 be 1x4, 1x2 etc, and below the 1x1 - 4x1, 2x1 etc? I've been searching for an example online but amazingly can't find one.

Grateful for your feedback.

vik11 Feb 7, 2020 7:19am | Post# 1714

1 Attachment(s)
And a lovely rebound off the 1x1

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY2.png
Size: 55 KB

parisboy Feb 7, 2020 7:51am | Post# 1715

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks, PB. I must admit I'm a little confused by the 4x1, 2x1 format. I watched or read MSJ explaining this but didn't quite get it. So, if we use price x time rather than the other way around wouldn't the angles above the 1x1 be 1x4, 1x2 etc, and below the 1x1 - 4x1, 2x1 etc? I've been searching for an example online but amazingly can't find one. Grateful for your feedback.
Your Screen
Click to Enlarge

Name: YOUR SCREEN.jpg
Size: 70 KB

Whatsaname Feb 7, 2020 8:22am | Post# 1716

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, Always inspired by your thread.

Last hour trading eur/usd, i was finding some price structure when price and time exactly meets.

on the chart i drew 2 circles with triangles. and see how the dashed lines meets the price after the second circle structure.

also look at the fib levels. mid first circle 100%. mid second circle 50% .. the end 0% meets the end of the triangle

Let's see how this develop.
Click to Enlarge

Name: trading circles.PNG
Size: 41 KB

vik11 Feb 7, 2020 9:23am | Post# 1717

{quote} Your Screen {image}
Got it! It doesn't matter what format is used (I now remember MSJ saying that). But I see what it actually means - the square is one unit of price and time. Thanks for making that clear. That's the bit I wasn't recognising. Much appreciated, parisboy.

Aworex Feb 7, 2020 11:56am | Post# 1718

{quote} Got it! It doesn't matter what format is used (I now remember MSJ saying that). But I see what it actually means - the square is one unit of price and time. Thanks for making that clear. That's the bit I wasn't recognising. Much appreciated, parisboy.
Nice drawings what tool did you use to draw the circle and triangles

parisboy Feb 7, 2020 12:26pm | Post# 1719

{quote} Got it! It doesn't matter what format is used (I now remember MSJ saying that). But I see what it actually means - the square is one unit of price and time. Thanks for making that clear. That's the bit I wasn't recognising. Much appreciated, parisboy.
vik11, I repost what I have already posted about "manual drawing" :

Manual drawing is NOT "tedious" . It generates a learning process.

With manual drawing you will learn the how and why the methodology works.

Do not forget that Gann has created his tools and developped his methodology at a time when him and his customers had no computer, not even a pocket calculator. Respect and understand that.

With manual drawing you will understand that the methodology as a whole is not automatable. But you will understand better what is worth to be automatized or not

vik11 you follow the good path. Doing it yourself manually. Hence you "program" yourself the methodology. Then to "program" something you need to master yourself the whole process and the parameters. Otherwise it does not work.

Even your "failures" to do it are productive - that is the Edison paradigm - my failures or impossibilities to do are a way to the success.

This way you can discriminate between what is vital to the methodology and what is less important.

This way You will understand that there are NO GANN ANGLES , Gann "Angles" are a specific case of Angles - what you generally got on your software or platform.

You have in fact "GANN SQUARES" . But if the name is more precise , you have yet to understand :

what is Gann's Squaring Process,
its interest and consequences for trading
and how to use it

Swede Feb 7, 2020 12:29pm | Post# 1720

{quote} vik11, I repost what I have already posted about "manual drawing" : Manual drawing is NOT "tedious" . It generates a learning process. With manual drawing you will learn the how and why the methodology works. Do not forget that Gann has created his tools and developped his methodology at a time when him and his customers had no computer, not even a pocket calculator. Respect and understand that. With manual drawing you will understand that the methodology as a whole is not automatable. But you will understand better what is worth...
That is a really fine post Parisboy....much appreciated and all your posts are valuable!

© Forex Factory