Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

BWilliam Jan 28, 2020 10:28am | Post# 1561

{quote} Like this ? {image} {image}
and monthly chart

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 10:58am | Post# 1562

1 Attachment(s)
Simplification is ALWAYS a productive strategy to understand Price Action

Swing BE (orange) is the concatenation of Swings BC, CD, DE (yellow)
Click to Enlarge

Name: LVCA WAVES  CONCATENATION.jpg
Size: 60 KB

BWilliam Jan 28, 2020 11:02am | Post# 1563

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Like this ? {image} {image}
Intraday
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu2.png
Size: 36 KB

LvCa Jan 28, 2020 12:00pm | Post# 1564

Simplification is ALWAYS a productive strategy to understand Price Action Swing BE (orange) is the concatenation of Swings BC, CD, DE (yellow) {image}
Thank you, that's what I also saw when I did the daily analysis: the price move inside the waves (or grid) i' am happy for that!
This night , maybe , I can go on studying a bit on this 3D ... I'm still on page 27 but I read and re-read every page many times, so it takes me a long time but I think it is worth it.

PS: I am looking at AUD / USD, if I say right then it could reverse the daily wave ese if in the low TF rises still a dozen pips maybe I am looking for the setup to enter the market (long)

DiamondMiner Jan 28, 2020 2:17pm | Post# 1565

{quote} Thank you sir , the entry on the 5M was made because on the Daily chart it gave me a probable change, so I went down to 5min to take the entry .... BUT if I understand correctly what you said: - high TF, Gann analysis (or similar) -TF low, with PA (or indicators, etc.) for the inputs .. therefore no GAnn for low TF .... Did I get it right ?
LvCa, First of all, what I am saying is: If you want to get more winners than losing trades go to a higher time frame. I do not know anyone that has ever consistently made money trading in 1M, 5M, 15M timeframes. Secondly, If you think your going to make an EA, I wish you luck because there has never been a successful EA yet to date that eventually would not get you into financial trouble. (if you know of one, good luck with that) All the tools are in front of you, Parisboy doesn't use an EA nor does Swede, because they know they do not work. Your Brain, is your Best Tool. It takes study and work, nothing is going to replace that to become successful at trading. Know Thy Enemy. Stick with it and you'll join them.

LvCa Jan 28, 2020 3:37pm | Post# 1566

{quote} LvCa, First of all, what I am saying is: If you want to get more winners than losing trades go to a higher time frame. I do not know anyone that has ever consistently made money trading in 1M, 5M, 15M timeframes. Secondly, If you think your going to make an EA, I wish you luck because there has never been a successful EA yet to date that eventually would not get you into financial trouble. (if you know of one, good luck with that) All the tools are in front of you, Parisboy doesn't use an EA nor does Swede, because they know they do not...
No, I absolutely have no intention of doing any EA and I don't like them ... in 10/15 years of "trading" I have never used one.
I think you thought I wanted to make an EA and because I used the word "input" ... I used and use ''google translator'' because I don't know English very well so there may have been a writing error

As for the low tf I understood the message, I'm starting to think about the 4h tf for the entries
Thanks for the valuable advice

DiamondMiner Jan 28, 2020 4:04pm | Post# 1567

{quote} No, I absolutely have no intention of doing any EA and I don't like them ... in 10/15 years of "trading" I have never used one. I think you thought I wanted to make an EA and because I used the word "input" ... I used and use ''google translator'' because I don't know English very well so there may have been a writing error As for the low tf I understood the message, I'm starting to think about the 4h tf for the entries Thanks for the valuable advice
LvCa, most members are usually here to help if you ask them. OK, I understand what you meant. We're Good

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 4:22pm | Post# 1568

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} No, I absolutely have no intention of doing any EA and I don't like them ... in 10/15 years of "trading" I have never used one. I think you thought I wanted to make an EA and because I used the word "input" ... I used and use ''google translator'' because I don't know English very well so there may have been a writing error As for the low tf I understood the message, I'm starting to think about the 4h tf for the entries Thanks for the valuable advice
Hope it will help
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD 4 H 28 JANVIER 2020.jpg
Size: 172 KB

vik11 Jan 28, 2020 4:41pm | Post# 1569

1 Attachment(s)
What a goldmine this thread is. Glad I stumbled on it. Geometric charting is another universe, or so it seems to me at this point. I tried to take too much in too quickly by reading and studying the first three or four pages of this thread, but soon realised there is no short cut. I have been trading for around three years with a 6 month break after the first year and a half. I use Ichimoku and divergence. In terms of Ichimoku I look for crossovers and breakouts. However, I know that there is so much more to it than that. I'm only 61 so I have plenty of time to learn Ichimoku secrets, and the universal secrets of geometric trading. I decided to start trying out the Circumscribed Objective. It obviously worked in this example - that is of course if my circle has been drawn correctly. Could someone tell me if the left edge of the circle should be on or within Leg A, rather than to the left of it? Does being to the left of it invalidate it? Here's my pic

Diamond Miner said
Gartley pattern must be symmetry, otherwise distorted patterns are the rode to ruin.
Gartley Patterns is where I am going to start. Can anyone recommend a Gartley Patterns book that respects that need for symmetry please?
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpaud-circle.png
Size: 49 KB

Romanov102 Jan 28, 2020 5:33pm | Post# 1570

Thought you guys might appreciate this video. It has some time analysis involved with Elliott Wave and Fibonacci.
Inserted Video

DiamondMiner Jan 28, 2020 7:40pm | Post# 1571

1 Attachment(s)
What a goldmine this thread is. Glad I stumbled on it. Geometric charting is another universe, or so it seems to me at this point. I tried to take too much in too quickly by reading and studying the first three or four pages of this thread, but soon realised there is no short cut. I have been trading for around three years with a 6 month break after the first year and a half. I use Ichimoku and divergence. In terms of Ichimoku I look for crossovers and breakouts. However, I know that there is so much more to it than that. I'm only 61 so I have plenty...
Vik11, read the Gartley Trading Method by Ross Beck Click to Enlarge

Name: The Gartley Trading Method.png
Size: 172 KB Using the Circumscribed Objective the B Point is the center of the Circle and C point is the Radius. FYI when you see Harmonic patterns, if doesn't mean it qualifies as a Gartley pattern. There is a lot of BS patterns out there sold and labeled as a Gartley pattern. H.M. Gartley would turn over in his grave if he know what was being represented as a Gartley pattern.

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 7:59pm | Post# 1572

2 Attachment(s)
Ross L Beck - The Gartley Trading Method 2010-1-108.pdfRoss L Beck - The Gartley Trading Method 2010-109-193.pdf

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 8:15pm | Post# 1573

1 Attachment(s)
I like very much Ross Beck with his quote about " the Elliott Wave obsessive compulsive disorder " (EWOCD)
Name:  ROSS BECK ABOUT ELLIOTT WAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  89 KB

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 8:59pm | Post# 1574

2 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Name: LVCA WAVES  CONCATENATION.jpg
Size: 60 KB
Name:  GARTLEY 222 PATTERN.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  34 KB

BWilliam Jan 28, 2020 9:23pm | Post# 1575

The job that ichi does is immense. Ichi gives the guide for space and direction with one glance. Gann completes it with price and time. This potent combination enhances both their application multifold. Without either of them they fall short. Real time market application especially short intraday timeframe throws out their individual weakness. The third pillar is parisboy cyclic envelopes with an s(he has a encyclopidic thread on discussion section). Just perfect technical analysis with the combination of these 3 pillars. It reveals the VTL strong and weak territory clearly on all timeframes. This has opened up possibilities that's previously beyond us. Thank you to all the contributors and OP of this thread. Happy trading.

Ps - the last pillar is momentum strength that's outside the discussion of this thread.

parisboy Jan 28, 2020 9:41pm | Post# 1576

3 Attachment(s)
All that is a partial view and representation of Price Action

Waves,, Cycles, Gartley 222; M Wave or W Pattern it is all the same

It is much more interesting, intellectually stimulating and financially profitable to understand the big picture, how all these patterns are constructed, why they eixsts and how to use them for your trading purpose
Click to Enlarge

Name: M WAVE.jpg
Size: 65 KB
Name:  GARTLEY 222 PATTERN.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  34 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: W PATTERN.jpg
Size: 67 KB

LvCa Jan 29, 2020 1:45am | Post# 1577

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hope it will help {image}
Hi, actually it's not very helpful now because I still don't understand these channels but it will probably help me a lot in the future, when I'll continue reading ... thanks.

Now I'm focused on AUD / USD to see what happens:
After the daily analysis looking at the 4H TF: :

-Probable reversal, from **short** phase 1 to **long** phase 2 (input on the breaking of the trendline of 23.6 Fibonacci)
-AU is already at its lowest monthly range and has just broken it upwards
-TP : 38.2 Fibo or at the and of this microwave

PS : I noticed that in small phases (big waves) small waves 1,4,5,8 could be valid

I hope I haven't said too many bullshit, let's see what happens
Click to Enlarge

Name: AAAASASASASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASGGGGGGGGGG.png
Size: 99 KB

Wzt Jan 29, 2020 1:49am | Post# 1578

"parisboy;that is a partial view and representation of Price Action Waves,, Cycles, Gartley 222; M Wave or W Pattern it is all the same..."

Interesting quote there.

Understanding the Why and the how...to profiting.
Nothing beats that.

WZT.

fundiwambao Jan 29, 2020 2:08am | Post# 1579

1 Attachment(s)
Jenkins Secret Angle. A thing of beauty

Click to Enlarge

Name: 20200129_nas100_h1_secret_angle.png
Size: 31 KB

fundiwambao Jan 29, 2020 2:21am | Post# 1580

1 Attachment(s)
What a goldmine this thread is. Glad I stumbled on it. Geometric charting is another universe, or so it seems to me at this point. I tried to take too much in too quickly by reading and studying the first three or four pages of this thread, but soon realised there is no short cut. I have been trading for around three years with a 6 month break after the first year and a half. I use Ichimoku and divergence. In terms of Ichimoku I look for crossovers and breakouts. However, I know that there is so much more to it than that. I'm only 61 so I have plenty...
78.6 Trend Continuation Gartley [ Ross Beck ]

Click to Enlarge

Name: 20200129_gbpaud_h4_gartley.png
Size: 33 KB

© Forex Factory