Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

Aworex Jan 19, 2020 3:50pm | Post# 1281

In the course MSJ also uses the 25 and & 75% fib levels so one can draw a fib in the angle range and draw additional intersecting lines

Swede Jan 19, 2020 3:50pm | Post# 1282

1 Attachment(s)
On the Euro...I got most of this move south anyway, but knowing what Jenkins would have been waiting for is one large entry at???...well, not hard for anyone to see if you follow his methods.....with additional entries as it broke that 50% retrace level....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-01-19_1348_Euro.png
Size: 22 KB

Swede Jan 19, 2020 4:02pm | Post# 1283

My pleasure I have also been drawing my angles by hand using TradeStation with stocks but stumbled on the script by accident. Having read his books and squaring charts every day Itís time to take things to the next level
Its exciting to discover some of his methods in our trading...the accuracy blows me away at times...and its so simple...not complicated at all....your very welcome to post some of your experiences and your charts...both wins and losses using his methods...squaring out the charts is another amazing method for accuracy...thanks again...I owe you...

Aworex Jan 19, 2020 4:11pm | Post# 1284

I only discovered MSJ while researching Gann I just stopped all my old methods and read all his books I could lay my hands on. After watching his 6hr course there was no going back. I normally trade stock options and trade crude and the indices on the side. Will post a few charts soon on stocks. I read a quote from a Gann trader sometime ago who said One can become vey very rich by just trading 50% retracements alone and it works on everything .....

Aworex Jan 20, 2020 1:45am | Post# 1285

Whatever works for you bro it's your money on the line that aside clean charts give you more clarity and a better perspective of what's really going on

DiamondMiner Jan 20, 2020 6:03am | Post# 1286

I only discovered MSJ while researching Gann I just stopped all my old methods and read all his books I could lay my hands on. After watching his 6hr course there was no going back. I normally trade stock options and trade crude and the indices on the side. Will post a few charts soon on stocks. I read a quote from a Gann trader sometime ago who said One can become vey very rich by just trading 50% retracements alone and it works on everything .....
Aworex, well said. Good Post. "I only discovered MSJ while researching Gann I just stopped all my old methods and read all his books I could lay my hands on. After watching his 6hr course there was no going back". Unfortunately, most of us as traders complicate matters by adding a lot of crap to their charts, just to become confused even more. If there were more readers out there to whom that were willing to pay attention to what they just read, they're financial situation would change immediately.
P

gettoefl Jan 20, 2020 6:20am | Post# 1287

suggest good old fashioned thinking before jumping on tools, is not the so called secret angle just the 1x3 fan line with the grid divided into thirds 0,33,66,100 ... just mark the high and the low and then use the cycle tool from the low high connect the lines and this will give all fans to all gann's fans the world over

parisboy Jan 20, 2020 6:40am | Post# 1288

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Aworex, well said. Good Post. "I only discovered MSJ while researching Gann I just stopped all my old methods and read all his books I could lay my hands on. After watching his 6hr course there was no going back". Unfortunately, most of us as traders complicate matters by adding a lot of crap to their charts, just to become confused even more. If there were more readers out there to whom that were willing to pay attention to what they just read, they're financial situation would change immediately. P
Diamond you are right
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20180104.jpg
Size: 220 KB

DiamondMiner Jan 20, 2020 7:09am | Post# 1289

{quote} Diamond you are right {image}
My point exactly. Perfect example....LOL
Thanks Alain

Marcieny Jan 20, 2020 7:37am | Post# 1290

{quote} Diamond you are right {image}
it looks like me when I started... Lost in the space

DiamondMiner Jan 20, 2020 8:06am | Post# 1291

{quote} it looks like me when I started... Lost in the space
Marcieny, it's a trap that anyone new can and will fall into. We've all done it. By and large, 99.999% of all indicators out there today are Lagging(meaning what just happened). In My Opinion, the past has nothing to do with the future. Look at all these guys following 50, 100 and 200 MA. That is the Perfect Road to Ruin. LOLOLOLOL Great way to set yourself up for disappointment.

parisboy Jan 20, 2020 8:17am | Post# 1292

Marcieny

newbies and dummies are newbies and dummies

I was a beginer and I was a dummie

BWilliam Jan 20, 2020 8:21am | Post# 1293

{quote} Marcieny newbies and dummies are newbies and dummies I was a beginer and I was a dummie
Pb, we're all newbie and dummy(and lazy) at one point. Few of us wisen up, that's the difference.

parisboy Jan 20, 2020 8:27am | Post# 1294

Marcieny , Diamond

it is a real interesting subject about human and trading psychology

it is just the application of false common sense " the most information you have, the best decision you will take"

the same guys will tell you some chapters later in his (expensive) book " too much information, kill or drown the information"

but everybody do the same and save and add the information "just in case"

moreover no trader have the least idea about the real meaning and the limits of the indicators they use

I see that all the time with Centered Moving Averages !

BWilliam Jan 20, 2020 8:44am | Post# 1295

moreover no trader have the least idea about the real meaning and the limits of the indicators they use I see that all the time with Centered Moving Averages !
Well said. That's the problem with indicators in a nutshell.

DiamondMiner Jan 20, 2020 8:47am | Post# 1296

{quote} Marcieny , Diamond it is a real interesting subject about human and trading psychology it is just the application of false common sense " the most information you have, the best decision you will take" the same guys will tell you some chapters later in his (expensive) book " too much information, kill or drown the information" but everybody do the same and save and add the information "just in case" moreover no trader have the least idea about the real meaning and the limits of the indicators they use I see that all the time with Centered...
Alain, in 1989 I was Chief Chemist for a multimillion dollar well funded research laboratory. I was given the task to do what was termed impossible by any sense of the word. Eventually, successful results were derived and it came from simplicity, and nothing more. It became a lesson I would never forget, I today see trading as the same situation, use simplicity and nothing more.

parisboy Jan 20, 2020 10:20am | Post# 1297

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Alain, in 1989 I was Chief Chemist for a multimillion dollar well funded research laboratory. I was given the task to do what was termed impossible by any sense of the word. Eventually, successful results were derived and it came from simplicity, and nothing more. It became a lesson I would never forget, I today see trading as the same situation, use simplicity and nothing more.
Diamond I fully agree !

Let's talk about Cycles and simplicity.

a) you can just observe and count - sometimes with your hand or draw bars on a sheet of paper !

if you analyze the Bovespa chart hereunder , you can count 8 cycles for 17 equal squares - here 1 square = 9 months

hence you can infer that on this chart the brazilian Bovespa shows an 18 months + cycle (17 / 8 = 2,125 months)

b) to reassure you you can also invest your time and some money to understand the Fourier Transform applied to time series.

The Fourier Transform extracts from the Time series the frequencies at work within the data you use, even those frequencies you do not notice (above all those you do not visually observe , hence you do not use (my opinion)

moreover guys involved in the field will told you that Fourier Transform is an old thing and that there are "better" and more sophisticated methods now to do the same thing.

The same guys will explain you that in spite of the excellent results about frequencies at work in the data you use generated by Fourier and co, it is safer to apply to these excellent results some filters ( I do not remember the names because here also there are filters which filter better than others.

The aim of the filters is to separate the wheat from the chaff. Because it seems that some ghost, echo, aliases, unexistent , in short unusable frequencies slipped secretly in the excellent results just to confuse you and me

All that work is done to confirm yourself that the 18 month + cycle you see with your eyes using both lobes of your brain is not a fake but a real cycle.
Click to Enlarge

Name: BOVESPA ENVELOPPES   CYCLES 2008-2020.jpg
Size: 185 KB

DiamondMiner Jan 20, 2020 11:23am | Post# 1298

{quote} Diamond I fully agree ! Let's talk about Cycles a) you can just observe and count - sometimes with your hand or draw bars on a sheet of paper ! if you analyze the Bovespa chart hereunder , you can count 8 cycles for 17 equal squares - here 1 square = 9 months hence you can infer that on this chart the brazilian Bovespa shows an 18 months + cycle (17 / 8 = 2 +) b) to reassure you you can also invest your time and some money to understand the Fourier Transform applied to time series. The Fourier Transform extracts from the Time series...
Cycles, are another plain example of simplicity. Cycles repeat... most people just do not try to learn it's simplicity. Sadly, a lot of people refuse to invest in their own education. Again, this thread isn't for everybody, it's for those who want to make money.
P

Marcieny Jan 20, 2020 11:41am | Post# 1299

{quote} Marcieny, it's a trap that anyone new can and will fall into. We've all done it. By and large, 99.999% of all indicators out there today are Lagging(meaning what just happened). In My Opinion, the past has nothing to do with the future. Look at all these guys following 50, 100 and 200 MA. That is the Perfect Road to Ruin. LOLOLOLOL Great way to set yourself up for disappointment.
You are correct....

I also find it a waste of time

parisboy Jan 20, 2020 12:01pm | Post# 1300

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} Cycles, are another plain example of simplicity. Cycles repeat... most people just do not try to learn it's simplicity. Sadly, a lot of people refuse to invest in their own education. Again, this thread isn't for everybody, it's for those who want to make money. P
The really interesting thing (at least for me) is Jim Hurst behaviour. About Hurst and simplicity.

In his book Profit Magic (1970) Hurst has a chapter 11 (page 168 - 186) where he writes about Spectral Analysis and Fourier Transform and an Appendix 1 (page 188 - 200) where he writes about the Periodogram and Fourier Serie.

In short the Periodogram is the scientific name given to a histogram chart showing you the frequencies generated by the Fourier Transform.

Problem is that in 1970 no customer of Hurst, no reader of his book could process a Fourier Transform because access to computers was inexistant for 25 $ readers.

So why Hurst has published in an appendix results of a Periodogram.

To impress the reader ? his customers ? fellow researchers ? big investors community ?

Hi guys, I am a serious scientific researcher, I need your money.

Last but not the Least in 1975 Hurst's service Cyclitec sold a course to customers . 5.000 $ . 2019 value 24.000 $.

Again Hurst explains what is a Periodogram and the Fourier Transform nobody could perform at this time too.

BUT Hurst also published something called "the 2 Fingers methodology" where you use ....... 2 of your fingers to calculate approximatively the Period of your Cycles !

for 24.000 $ present value
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.2 2 FINGER MEASUREMENT SHORT TIME SPANS.jpg
Size: 114 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.3.2 FINGERS MEASUREMENT MEDIUM TIME SPANS.jpg
Size: 131 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.4.2 FINGERS MEASUREMENT MEDIUM TIME SPANS.jpg
Size: 127 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.5.2 FINGERS MEASUREMENT MEDIUM TIME SPANS.jpg