Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

BWilliam Jan 17, 2020 6:46am | Post# 1261

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Swede, if price gets up to WPP 1.3100 on your chart sometime this week or next it's a good short level.
{quote} That's why I made this post earlier. If we use envelope we might well trust it. This 2nd probe at strong resistance may be a long haul though targeting 1.3100. {quote}
GU update
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU1.png
Size: 24 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU2.png
Size: 25 KB

Swede Jan 17, 2020 11:29am | Post# 1262

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Euro in for a tough run south....poor economics, combined with strong US data and a lot of uncertainty combined to dump euro longs in favor of short. Thanks Peter for introducing me to Gann/Jenkins/Beck....I think this is the best trading chart I have used in 15 years....no brainer entries, no draw down to speak off and a strong roadmap to support/resistance....pretty much everything on the short side, only a couple longs at key areas....
Click to Enlarge

Name: friday_close.png
Size: 106 KB

Swede Jan 17, 2020 11:48am | Post# 1263

1 Attachment(s)
Need to thank Parisboy also, for giving me another perspective to chart this with envelopes....man I hate the look of these charts because they scramble my brain but then suddenly it all fits....I need to do a ton of study on this...but I know what I know about trading and this chart gives me a ton of information.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-01-17_0946.png
Size: 65 KB

subbu Jan 17, 2020 11:55am | Post# 1264

1 Attachment(s)
Thought of sharing an alternative way to draw an angle without much of the scaling issue, using Gann Line.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Gann-Line-i.jpg
Size: 280 KB

DiamondMiner Jan 17, 2020 11:58am | Post# 1265

Looks like Euro in for a tough run south....poor economics, combined with strong US data and a lot of uncertainty combined to dump euro longs in favor of short. Thanks Peter for introducing me to Gann/Jenkins/Beck....I think this is the best trading chart I have used in 15 years....no brainer entries, no draw down to speak off and a strong roadmap to support/resistance....pretty much everything on the short side, only a couple longs at key areas.... {image}
Swede, It wasn't that long ago Beck drove his Harley-Davidson from his home on the Beach in Southern California to Las Vegas so we could have breakfast together. Life is about the good times and good friends you meet along the journey of it. As Beck and I discussed then and as you are discussing now, we realize what was starring us in the face all along turns out to be the winning combination. Thanks Swede, as I have said all along, the keys to success are in this thread. How else can you make money sitting at home in your underware?

BWilliam Jan 17, 2020 12:13pm | Post# 1266

Need to thank Parisboy also, for giving me another perspective to chart this with envelopes....man I hate the look of these charts because they scramble my brain but then suddenly it all fits....I need to do a ton of study on this...but I know what I know about trading and this chart gives me a ton of information..... {image}
Yes Swede the envelope "marks" support and resistance nicely. Good trades today except for the bearish EU 21pips max drawdown due to weakness in USDX, entered early at the mid band bottom. Worth your time study envelope.

parisboy Jan 17, 2020 12:15pm | Post# 1267

4 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: SWEDE EDGE-BAND TRADING.jpg
Size: 84 KBName:  EDGE-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 1.png
Views: 758
Size:  378 KBName:  EDGE-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 2.png
Views: 810
Size:  802 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: EDGE-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 3.png
Size: 881 KB

Swede Jan 17, 2020 12:16pm | Post# 1268

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of Harley, I’ve owned a few, may favourite was the Heritage, but for a rocket ride the custom built hard tail got everyone’s attention. The guy who built is was a true biker, drove that thing without a windshield all the way from Lethbridge to Sturges, about 1500 miles. A year after he sold it to me he came back to visit, said his divorce was final and his accounts unfrozen, begged me to sell it back to him. I did, for the same price he sold it too me...I got the use of it for a year ha ha,
Click to Enlarge

Name: 7EA12E54-F64D-4DC3-9C63-8D6735EF7B9C.jpeg
Size: 906 KB

parisboy Jan 17, 2020 12:19pm | Post# 1269

4 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 1.png
Size: 847 KBName:  MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 2.png
Views: 803
Size:  868 KBName:  MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 3.png
Views: 781
Size:  822 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: SWEDE MID-BAND TRADING.jpg
Size: 86 KB

parisboy Jan 17, 2020 12:31pm | Post# 1270

1 Attachment(s)
Notice :

a) Roughly AB = CD = Amplitude of the Enveloppe 256 Time Unit (orange)
b) BC = 50 % retracement UP
Click to Enlarge

Name: SWEDE SWING CHART.jpg
Size: 87 KB

Marcieny Jan 17, 2020 5:27pm | Post# 1271

Hello everyone.. that phrase made me remember your thread Peter.

"Not among those who don't know geometry, numbers rule the world".

Platão

Aworex Jan 18, 2020 3:37pm | Post# 1272

Anyone on this site using the Michael Jenkins secret angle method? I came across an MT4 script which draws the 1/2 angles with a fib range of the angle

DiamondMiner Jan 18, 2020 4:22pm | Post# 1273

Anyone on this site using the Michael Jenkins secret angle method? I came across an MT4 script which draws the 1/2 angles with a fib range of the angle
Aworex, let's try it..... I've used the Secret Angle for many years... It has a lot of merit...

Aworex Jan 18, 2020 4:24pm | Post# 1274

Will upload it sometime tomorrow

Swede Jan 18, 2020 5:41pm | Post# 1275

See post 834....yes I see the value of at least the basics of the secret angle....there is much we can learn about it and thank you for posting...

Aworex Jan 18, 2020 6:24pm | Post# 1276

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go folks, you need to place the file in the SCRIPTS directory of your MT4 folders . To use, navigate to the scripts folder and drag on to a chart and drag the trend line to you swing points , it will do the rest
Click to Enlarge

Name: SAM_sample.png
Size: 127 KB
Michael Jenkins Angle Script v1.0.ex4

gettoefl Jan 19, 2020 6:43am | Post# 1277

1 Attachment(s)
below is eurusd since day 1 of the year so in elliott terms completing an ABC working on the C currently and the a of C is done, next week is b of C then nice spike down and what is nice in that i already explained to you when to the exact hour this move will complete and the eurusd bull market will commence, did you want any fries too?
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 574
Size:  15 KB

Aworex Jan 19, 2020 6:49am | Post# 1278

2 Attachment(s)
Hi again,

Also find attached a script that can be used to draw circles on MT4

Enjoy !!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Circles.png
Size: 86 KB
Circle Script v1.0.ex4

Swede Jan 19, 2020 3:34pm | Post# 1279

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go folks, you need to place the file in the SCRIPTS directory of your MT4 folders . To use, navigate to the scripts folder and drag on to a chart and drag the trend line to you swing points , it will do the rest {image} {file}
Many thanks to you for posting the script!!!!...you know, there are many smart people out there who can develop such things but probably hardly use it in their trading activity. I have hand drawn many Secret Angles according to Jenkins parameters, and I know they work....what has always held me back is the difficulty doing this in mt4...and you handed me the solution like an unsolicited gift...lol.

For example, I lost some money on the chart below,,,why? Well, see the first rally up, I went long based on CNY strong data and the relationship to Aud....it had broke out of the sideways range, so i pulled the trigger......Had I been running this script I would have been watching the strength as it attempted to break the 50% of the down move line....I should have been looking for short, not long.....and this would have done its job.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-01-19_1320.png
Size: 33 KB

Aworex Jan 19, 2020 3:48pm | Post# 1280

My pleasure I have also been drawing my angles by hand using TradeStation with stocks but stumbled on the script by accident. Having read his books and squaring charts every day It’s time to take things to the next level

© Forex Factory