Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/944320-time-and-price-forecasting)

Swede Jan 14, 2020 12:56pm | Post# 1221

{quote} Swede, IMHO the key information for now is that most of GBPUSD Price Action develops itself within an Ascending Expanding Triangle Key future informations are IF and WHEN Price Action will break Triangle limits on the upside or the downside {image} {image}
Haahaa....you know I didn't see that until you pointed it out...awesome Parisboy, thank you!

parisboy Jan 14, 2020 12:57pm | Post# 1222

2 Attachment(s)
using his method here is my euro chart....nice hey? lol {image}
What is an ascending expanding triangle
Click to Enlarge

Name: SYMMETRICAL EXPANDING TRIANGLE FORMULA.jpg
Size: 35 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: SYMMETRICAL EXPANDING TRIANGLE PERCENTAGE.jpg
Size: 39 KB

parisboy Jan 14, 2020 12:59pm | Post# 1223

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Haahaa....you know I didn't see that until you pointed it out...awesome Parisboy, thank you!
more on the why

IMHO the best rational study on "Waves" patterns
WAVES A STATISTICAL APPROACH english.pptx

gettoefl Jan 14, 2020 1:12pm | Post# 1224

1 Attachment(s)
still suggest looking at yearly charts courtesy of fxtop euro doubling in value 72->144 between the 85 plaza accords and 24 = 8x3 years later and now following the exact same path back down, thanks to gann it all works to the pip
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 49 KB

danc Jan 15, 2020 1:44am | Post# 1225

{quote} Honestly folks, I was always under the impression one must, absolutely must buy expensive charts to make this happen. Well when it come to scaling that may be true, but if you use the Fib Fan, instead of Gann Fan, the problem is solved.....as far as levels are concerned, levels of price are levels of price, that never changes...and if one applies and adjusts the cycle tool to fit historical highs and lows one finds a chart that really, really works..dont take my word for it, just try it and you will see. Here is Cad hourly with the same...
CRACKER..thks

DiamondMiner Jan 15, 2020 4:39am | Post# 1226

I am Amazed enough by Squaring the High with Angles, however after the addition of Squaring the Low with Angles is like adding a GPS, as now you have an idea where the turns in the road are. Great Post Swede!!!

DiamondMiner Jan 15, 2020 4:43am | Post# 1227

Sometimes throughout life we must stop and smell the Roses...
Inserted Video

kaoscoded Jan 15, 2020 9:30am | Post# 1228

hi swede...

is that fibo fan indy you are using on your charts the same as the one built into mt4? or is it a different one? is it freely downloadable?

Swede Jan 15, 2020 10:20am | Post# 1229

1 Attachment(s)
So, we had a really nice long early this morning...but if you missed that while you slept it wasn't long before Euro found its resistance...and where might that have been, well look at the chart....at textbook short at diagonal and grid line for +20....only need one a day imho...
Click to Enlarge

Name: today.png
Size: 77 KB

Swede Jan 15, 2020 10:27am | Post# 1230

{quote} hi swede... is that fibo fan indy you are using on your charts the same as the one built into mt4? or is it a different one? is it freely downloadable?
Hi Kelly....yes that is the fibo fan on your mt4.....go to fibo fan properties and I have mine set up to divide in 8 equal parts...12.5, 25, 37.5, 50, 62.5, 75, 87.5, 100....not saying this is perfect, do some experimenting...

OAPDave Jan 15, 2020 4:26pm | Post# 1231

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Swede
I am following your thoughts and ideas with interest, can I ask you when and what will cause you to re-set your Octave and Fib Fan and how does it perform to the left of the present setting you are showing
Keep up the good work
Dave
ps
My thoughts with just P.B Envelopes
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1.png
Size: 136 KB

gettoefl Jan 15, 2020 4:37pm | Post# 1232

looks like second eight days is an exact replica of the first eight, we saw the paths of the first eight just do exact same reverse order so we will end up twice as far down to end the first quarter of the first quarter, it really is that easy

OAPDave Jan 15, 2020 4:40pm | Post# 1233

1 Attachment(s)
Now with my lazy way of doing a pre-set Octave
M 64 that can be Divided by 8 ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1b.png
Size: 141 KB

OAPDave Jan 15, 2020 4:45pm | Post# 1234

1 Attachment(s)
looks like second eight days is an exact replica of the first eight, we saw the paths of the first eight just do exact same reverse order so we will end up twice as far down to end the first quarter of the first quarter, it really is that easy
My lazy 8 day Octave
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1c.png
Size: 97 KB

Swede Jan 15, 2020 5:31pm | Post# 1235

{quote} My lazy 8 day Octave {image}
For the octave horizontal lines the first thing one must do on the hourly chart is squeeze it up so you can find a major swing high and low, the octave is drawn from this level. One would not change that setting unless another swing high/ low becomes apparent. This method divides that 1 hour swing into 8 levels as Gann suggested.

caution here....donít use a daily chart or. 4 hour chart (unless you only trade the daily or 4 hour) because your levels will be according to the time chart you use. For day swings and illustrations I use the 1 hour to divide and as you can see catches several levels daily that are tradeable.

Jenkins does it a bit different. He takes the average swing low price of an impulse wave and divides that by the impulse wave high to establish a ratio that becomes the ratio for the currency, forever. Then if the first level is broken north, or south, he will multiply/divide the ratio from the last level to find the next level. I have used that also and he is correct, it is very accurate.

Swede Jan 15, 2020 5:41pm | Post# 1236

For the fib fan you might use strong swings within the major swing and see if price is reacting around the level you try....if you square you must use the same high to low as the low to high...see my previous charts.

dont get hung up on perfection...it takes some trial and error to find the levels that work.

Swede Jan 15, 2020 5:43pm | Post# 1237

I would suggest you talk with Parisboy relative to octaves....he has a zeal for understanding Gann, Hurst etc.

OAPDave Jan 15, 2020 7:55pm | Post# 1238

Swede
Appreciate your detailed reply
Thanks
Dave

BWilliam Jan 15, 2020 10:20pm | Post# 1239

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} One last dip from 1.3015 before reversal is possible.
Watch the envelopes.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU.png
Size: 27 KB

BWilliam Jan 15, 2020 10:44pm | Post# 1240

1 Attachment(s)
EU
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.png
Size: 28 KB

© Forex Factory