Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Time and Price Forecasting (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=944320)

fundiwambao Sep 18, 2019 1:37pm | Post# 261

1 Attachment(s)
I'm on my 2nd reading on The Secret Science of the Stock Market ( Jenkins )

The first cursory reading was super eye-opening. Planning to go 3 or 4 times as I practice, then read Squaring the Range.

Tried out Speed Resistance Lines on NZDCAD H4 (seemed to lend itself to them, looks similar to the chart Jenkins used to illustrate)

In the process, seems NZDCAD has 52 coded into its structure. Even switching to Weekly charts shows major highs/lows at 52 and 26 counts

I'll track it going forward like a hunter does his prey ( @CaptainJack )

Cheers

Click to Enlarge

Name: 20190918_nzdcad_h4_52_cycles.png
Size: 38 KB

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 1:48pm | Post# 262

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOW PRICE TIME CONVERSION 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png
Size: 1.2 MB

DiamondMiner Sep 18, 2019 1:57pm | Post# 263

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSD-d-jenkins lg.jpg
Size: 87 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSD-D--Jenkins Reversals Method.jpg
Size: 149 KB
It's easy, detecting turns in the market... here is one example, I will post several ways it's done as there are. This is NZDUSD Daily The vertical Blue line indicates where the probability where reversals could occur. It pretty much nailed it in every instance, as this is a Daily chart.... I will submit more later today...

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:03pm | Post# 264

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3443115
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOW PRICE TIME CONVERSION 2 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png
Size: 1.2 MB

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 265

1 Attachment(s)
I'm on my 2nd reading on The Secret Science of the Stock Market ( Jenkins ) The first cursory reading was super eye-opening. Planning to go 3 or 4 times as I practice, then read Squaring the Range. Tried out Speed Resistance Lines on NZDCAD H4 (seemed to lend itself to them, looks similar to the chart Jenkins used to illustrate) In the process, seems NZDCAD has 52 coded into its structure. Even switching to Weekly charts shows major highs/lows at 52 and 26 counts I'll track it going forward like a hunter does his prey ( @CaptainJack ) Cheers...
It means that NZDCAD is sensible to 1 Year (52 Weeks) and 6 Months (26 Weeks)"vibration"

This is why I use 256, 128 and 32 FOR ALL TIME UNITS when building my Envelopes

NZDCAD 5 Days / 5 mn
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD 55 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png
Size: 1.0 MB

Swede Sep 18, 2019 2:24pm | Post# 266

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Swede, well it's like anything else, it costs money. First and foremost agreed, MT4 stinks when it comes to tools and charts. I know of not one professional that uses MT4. Personally, I use Optuma for charts(formally Market Analyst). I am talking to them now to see if they will give you guys some form of discount, we'll see. The alternative is paper charts, as you mentioned. I do a lot on my computer but also use paper charts twenty times a day. All I've tried to do by starting this thread, is to allow traders the awareness that one can...
I totally get what your saying...im looking over Optuma Charts now and they are dedicated to Gann concepts totally...really great charts and not really that expensive imho.....but even for now I did discover one thing on MT4 regarding using Fan and 45 degree along with fibes on the daily charts....if squeezed just right and only the DAILY chart...(not hourly) they identify some pretty good entry spots...I asked myself if I would have traded these areas when considering the level and price action and the answer is Yes...anyway I am really not sophisticated on this but I see what I see......(and i like it ha ha)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-09-18_1223.png
Size: 36 KB

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:25pm | Post# 267

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD 1 Month / 30mn
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD 1 MONTH 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:27pm | Post# 268

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD 3 Months / 60 mn
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD 3 MONTHS 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:30pm | Post# 269

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD 6 Months / 120 mn
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD 6 MONTHS 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:37pm | Post# 270

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD 5 YEARS / Weekly
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD 5 YEARS 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 2:48pm | Post# 271

1 Attachment(s)
This Envelopes system allows you to identify and hierarchize rationally Cycles within Price Action of the financial entity observed, here NZDCAD (5 Years)

Here 8 cycles in 5 Years

5 x 52 weeks - 260 / 8 = 32,5 weeks in average
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD CYCLES 18 SEPTEMBRE 2019.png
Size: 1.1 MB

gravitist Sep 18, 2019 3:12pm | Post# 272

"W.D. Gann and H. M. Gartley were two of the most successful traders of our time"

Whenever I read that, I know some huckster is trying to sell something....

Here we go again.... W.D Gann made his money SELLING the trading systems he invented. At the time of his death in 1955, his estate was valued at $100,000 according to his son. Gartley also made money SELLING books and "trading courses" and later running a company. I found his 1/29/1972 NYT obit which was archived and can be found at nytimes.com:

Harold M. Gartley, who retired in 1968 as president of Gartley & Associates, Inc., a financial public relations organization here, died yesterday in Sun City Center, Fla. He was 73 years old.
Mr.Gartley earlier in his ca‐reer had been an investment adviser in New York, had issued a market letter and had lectured on investments. He was a former director of the National Securities and Research Corporation.
He leaves his wife, Jeanette; a son, Richard; two daughters, Mrs. Irving Shriber and Mrs. Harold Thorpe Jr., and eight grandchildren.

Another favorite "trader" used by forex hucksters is R.N. Elliot (1871-1948). Elliot was an ACCOUNTANT who became interested in the stock market in the 1930s (which is a bit odd, considering the market had crashed in 1929). He did manage to sell a book describing his "wave theory" , but died broke in 1948. If you google (as I did) "R.N. Elliot died broke", the best excuse is given in elitetrader.com , " yes, Elliot died broke, but so did Jesus".

I also found this at elitetrader.com

At a trading conference, Alexander Elder made it a point to mention that R.N. Elliott died a relatively poor man. Kind of odd that someone who discovered the "key" to the financial markets didn't make a few bucks.

Alex Elder also had a few words to say about Gann. Apparently, Elder met with Gann's son, who said that his father had been unable to support his family by trading. That's worth saying again: according to his son, Gann was unable to support his family by trading! Instead, Gann earned his living by writing and selling instructional courses. When Gann died in the 1950's, his estate, including his house, was valued at slightly over $100,000. In today's money, that wouldn't be so bad, but remember this guy was supposed to be a magical trader, not just a successful newsletter writer, and $100,000 ain't $50,000,000. Draw your own conclusions.

Gann garbage, Gartley guff, and Elliot ephemera won't make you a penny - markets react to fundamentals (like oil fields in Saudi Arabia blowing up), not to any imaginary "geometry". There are no "vibrations" - just up and down runs that can be duplicated by a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.

I'm probably wasting my efforts here because suckers will always be suckers - but if I can prevent even one RATIONAL person from losing their hard-earned money on scam schemes that have no chance of working, then it's worth it.

I'm sure I'll probably get banned from FF, but I don't care - telling the truth is more important to me than being liked.

Marcieny Sep 18, 2019 3:33pm | Post# 273

I respect your opinion...

each person believes in something....

I think we'll never know the truth about gann ... but I see it works I had great business.

Bartleby Sep 18, 2019 3:50pm | Post# 274

"W.D. Gann and H. M. Gartley were two of the most successful traders of our time" Whenever I read that, I know some huckster is trying to sell something.... Here we go again.... W.D Gann made his money SELLING the trading systems he invented. At the time of his death in 1955, his estate was valued at $100,000 according to his son. Gartley also made money SELLING books and "trading courses" and later running a company. I found his 1/29/1972 NYT obit which was archived and can be found at nytimes.com: Harold M. Gartley, who retired in 1968 as president...
Reading some of your posts on ff...you certainly spread a lot of negativity..always justifying it with "I am only telling the truth". Little bit arrogant, don't you think? How can you assume that you know the truth? Just because you can't trade successfully? People in this thread are really kind, so people will tolerate your opinion, I guess. But maybe it would be the best for yourself, if you stop running in circles through so many different threads and try to tell people your negative truth .. but what do I know..maybe you gain something out of it

DiamondMiner Sep 18, 2019 4:07pm | Post# 275

Guys I had to block someone to whom was preaching who died with what? Rich? Broke? and some non-sense... I do not put up with BS... See Guidelines...Zero Tolerance for BS. This thread is for those to whom want to add to their trading plan methods for better entry and exit. I could give a rats ass about who made what.
P

majomember Sep 18, 2019 4:13pm | Post# 276

{image}
Hi parisboy, this is the Jenkins Time Conversion Bar (TCB) method if I'm not mistaken. This requires a scaled chart though, isn't it? Like if I start to mess with the price scale on the right and start to drag it up and down then the low would fall in a different place and the method wouldn't work.

I currently have a method to scale a chart properly in TradingView but it's quite time consuming. What methods do you use to scale your chart?

Marcieny Sep 18, 2019 4:23pm | Post# 277

it's sad that some people don't believe in something to trade...

Pattybear Sep 18, 2019 4:42pm | Post# 278

{quote} Hi parisboy, this is the Jenkins Time Conversion Bar (TCB) method if I'm not mistaken. This requires a scaled chart though, isn't it? Like if I start to mess with the price scale on the right and start to drag it up and down then the low would fall in a different place and the method wouldn't work. I currently have a method to scale a chart properly in TradingView but it's quite time consuming. What methods do you use to scale your chart?
I found this video on youtube:
Inserted Video

It shows how to scale a chart on mt4 but don't know if this is the best or most accurate way. If someone knows a better way than this I would want to know too.

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 4:50pm | Post# 279

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi parisboy, this is the Jenkins Time Conversion Bar (TCB) method if I'm not mistaken. This requires a scaled chart though, isn't it? Like if I start to mess with the price scale on the right and start to drag it up and down then the low would fall in a different place and the method wouldn't work. I currently have a method to scale a chart properly in TradingView but it's quite time consuming. What methods do you use to scale your chart?
Hi majomember, I will explain progressively my viewpoint on scaling .

To begin let's say that TradingView (that I use) scales correctly (almost gann-like) as most of platforms.

This chart shows APPLE 1 Year Daily

As you can see the Low of the 1 Year Period is (graphically observed) 143 $ and the Top = 233 $

Range is 243 - 143 = 90 $
90 $ / 8 = 11.25 $

11.25 is roughly the Gann Octave used by Gann dividing by 8 the Range between a significant Top and a significant Low. It is what I called Gann version 1.0

Note that TradingView automatically chooses as Top of its frame 236 and 140 as Low. 236 - 140 = 96

Note that the range defined by TradingView 96 is very close of 90 (range of Gann version 1.0). as the Octave 96/8 = 12 very close from 11.25

Hence tradingView scaling is quasi-gannish
Click to Enlarge

Name: SCALING LOW AND TOP.png
Size: 1.4 MB

parisboy Sep 18, 2019 5:05pm | Post# 280

1 Attachment(s)
2 FRACTAL STRUCTURE OF TIME AND PRICE ENGLISH 17.pptx

© Forex Factory