Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why Are We Here? If you are really here for profits, please read! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=943393)

auricforecas Nov 7, 2019 6:11pm | Post# 61

{quote} If you are new to FX there is one thing that you must get into your head ... the market is not out to get you. You are like an ant on the rump of an elephant, it does not know that you are there. You are taking a ride and your only concern is to make sure that you get off the elephant before it lays down in the water for a bath. The worst part is .. there is more than one elephant. Anyone blaming the market is denying their own foolishness. Like the post from auricforecas way back up this thread, the one about money not caring what sort...
Very good, very good I would also add that if anyone notices that the broker might be "getting them"... they might use that as an advantage... to bait/hedge them Assuming they (brokers) are not posting different charts for that particular trader of course... because in that case, yeah... sue them

forexoracle1 Nov 8, 2019 12:52am | Post# 62

{quote} If you are new to FX there is one thing that you must get into your head ... the market is not out to get you. You are like an ant on the rump of an elephant, it does not know that you are there. You are taking a ride and your only concern is to make sure that you get off the elephant before it lays down in the water for a bath. The worst part is .. there is more than one elephant. Anyone blaming the market is denying their own foolishness. Like the post from auricforecas way back up this thread, the one about money not caring what sort...
`100% true.

auricforecas Jan 9, 2020 5:12pm | Post# 63

Would recommend everyone to refresh their objectives for 2020... as "Why are we here"... Since it is easy to get lost otherwise, right?

FlavioEstev Jan 10, 2020 5:44am | Post# 64

I am new here and my purpose is to become a better trader learning from everyone's experience and knowledge and failures. I have a good understanding of forex and I never blame the broker for my own mistakes. From my experience traders main mistake is that they focus so much on making money that they forget on focusing on how NOT TO LOSE money to the market. Risk management is always on my mind before deciding where trade to throw out there. I had good results in 2019 and looking forward to even better ones in 2020!

JackJones Jan 10, 2020 9:26am | Post# 65

I only married for the SEX

auricforecas Jan 10, 2020 5:09pm | Post# 66

I am new here and my purpose is to become a better trader learning from everyone's experience and knowledge and failures. I have a good understanding of forex and I never blame the broker for my own mistakes. From my experience traders main mistake is that they focus so much on making money that they forget on focusing on how NOT TO LOSE money to the market. Risk management is always on my mind before deciding where trade to throw out there. I had good results in 2019 and looking forward to even better ones in 2020!
Well as long as MONEY is in the loop, from either side/perspective, I think they are on the right way The problem that I saw is that people skipped the money "theme" altogether and focus on ego, who has the big on, who is the smartest, right, wrong, whatever... As long as they do not forget that they are here for the money... Yeah yeah there is some theory if you focus on something else, money follows... do not know where pure egotrip, arguing, trolling leads to... So that is why I opened this thread, to remind people that (if they want the money), they should re-ask themselves why are they here.. Because sometimes they ignore each other even though they might BOTH earn big money, together, but ego wins... That is the sad part to me, seen this many many times.. Can not tell you... That is why I love about WS type guys, you at least know what they want... Quite a relief, I must tell you...

auricforecas Jan 10, 2020 5:10pm | Post# 67

I only married for the SEX
How that turned out? If you only wanted this, was it worth it? Do you think it is true as some say...
Inserted Video

Maybe they should add "only"... I mean if it only does that... What do you think?

JackJones Jan 10, 2020 10:02pm | Post# 68

{quote} How that turned out? If you only wanted this, was it worth it? Do you think it is true as some say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzeW4ycpTWY Maybe they should add "only"... I mean if it only does that... What do you think?
100 ROI and then some, some accountants are really creative.

life choices on smollywood quotes , ahh no thanks,

joyny Jan 11, 2020 2:17am | Post# 69

We dont "generate" nothing in our brains. Our brains is more like radio which receives info from Universe Ideas Storage - SUPER CLOUD. 1 brain have capacity X to scan frequences of Universe (all ideas and solutions allready exists as potentials - just needed to be revealed) but N brains, when focused in one direction, can multiply scanning power to X*N*Z where Z > 1 (here is rule 1+1 > 2).

If you don't focus your attention you can experience in your mind a lot of messy thoughts - that's freeride. When you overfocus on something - you again get messy ideas (ok more related to idea you are solving but not resultative).

When N people come together with one common goal, treat each other with dignity, work as a team, help each other, have empathy, brainstorm etc - then there is effect as a "collective brain".

I noticed this a lot of times in my daytime work and we use that effect in our company.

It works like that: employee A is struggled with problem-solving and can't find a solution in google etc. Don't know the right keywords to search for etc. Then comes colleague B and even if he knows nothing about A problem (maybe another project) B shows empathy to A and asks "How can I help you? Explain your problem". Suddenly A get the right keywords and/or ideas and found a solution in 1 minute. And B maybe even didnt said anything. B just connected to A with empathy.

We call this "brain sharing". Sometimes I start conversations with colleagues "Hey, need my brains? Let's talk ". All of this should be done in a friendly manner.

Is it something like that possible in this forum.. don't know. Let's see.

JackJones Jan 11, 2020 9:10am | Post# 70

"Hey, need my brains? Let's talk ". All of this should be done in a friendly manner. Is it something like that possible in this forum.. don't know. Let's see.
and maybe when i play my flight sim i'm actually controlling a real flight

auricforecas Jan 13, 2020 3:43pm | Post# 71

{quote} and maybe when i play my flight sim i'm actually controlling a real flight
Quite possible And don't let's get started on "Quantum Retrocausality"

BWilliam Jan 14, 2020 12:32am | Post# 72

So that is why I opened this thread, to remind people that (if they want the money), they should re-ask themselves why are they here.. Because sometimes they ignore each other even though they might BOTH earn big money, together, but ego wins... That is the sad part to me, seen this many many times.. Can not tell you... That is why I love about WS type guys, you at least know what they want... Quite a relief, I must tell you...
Your reminder won't work. You'll be surprise almost all of the members on here, especially high impact members are not here for the money. If you don't fit in with their ego they say f#@k the money, it'smoney on MY terms. Happens all the time. Just read the forum. Your thread that's clarion call to focus on the money is largely ignored. If only this FF money making forum is 100% about money.

JackJones Jan 14, 2020 9:47am | Post# 73

{quote} Quite possible And don't let's get started on "Quantum Retrocausality"
are you trading the cash, or is the cash trading YOU >.<

auricforecas Jan 14, 2020 12:19pm | Post# 74

{quote} Your reminder won't work. You'll be surprise almost all of the members on here, especially high impact members are not here for the money. If you don't fit in with their ego they say f#@k the money, it'smoney on MY terms. Happens all the time. Just read the forum. Your thread that's clarion call to focus on the money is largely ignored. If only this FF money making forum is 100% about money.
Interesting observation Was worth the try though That is why it is much easier to work with "money hungry" people because they put it as a priority and they put ego aside... at least till they can afford it (the ego - one the most expensive things in the world

You are (all) welcome in any of my threads... I haven't banned/ignored anyone so far (not in threads and not in private), because I believe other members should decide who to listen or who to ignore for themselves, without some central control/filter (if someone really pushes/spam it, there is global moderator, so I do not think I would have stricter rules, if any, than him/her) since I believe trading is about freedom (to choose).

Dealing with people that like/love money is much easier in this racket... That is the beauty of REAL fin world, WS etc... You know what it is all about and you make no illusions what it is all about... I prefer "identified" evil than fake "good". In practice that means that there is no disciminaton and no ego... Only one think counts... "do you have it", for real trading anyway... Not talking about posh liquidty provider with a nice smile etc... I mean... top trading firms, hedge funds, that are looking for "rainmakers" do not care ANYTHING else.. or at least they shouldn't as long as you make it rain.. Of course you will be sacked the SECOND that is no longer true but as long as it is, you can do anything... Piss on the floor, talk trash, whatever... Because only ONE THING counts... MONEY... Very nice to know what we deal with... Yeah you can see so much egotrip in certain debates... when they all go broke at the end or real winners just quietly walk away... We should instead strive for GROUP synergy. But ego is hardest to "win" in "inner battle" BTW that is why one of the best traders or in whatever racket (IT, negotiation, biz) appear crazy because they do not care about being liked too much since they know where their edge is... IN DOING vs talking/smiling.... And their target market is aware of it and throws money at them... I mean think about best trader, lawyer... You know exactly what kind of lawyer you would take for "battlefield", one son of... that is who... expensive af, cruel.. but they would most probably make the job done Trading is similar, the biggest rainmaker in REAL trading are "out of this world"

7Shun Jan 16, 2020 12:01pm | Post# 75

Trading is actually a type of business where you have to constantly develop and improve yourself, otherwise you will never be at a level where you can count on a good income and an abundance of positive dynamics. In fact, it's not so important to learn to read the chart and so on, it's important to find the moments that can help you earn, as well as find interesting moments in every article and video, even when it seems that everyone talks about the same thing, you can not hope that you will find some description of all the secrets of trading and tomorrow you will just become a real professional, it's nothing, learn to do it yourself and learn to be a trader and not a player.

auricforecas Jan 16, 2020 1:34pm | Post# 76

Trading is actually a type of business where you have to constantly develop and improve yourself, otherwise you will never be at a level where you can count on a good income and an abundance of positive dynamics. In fact, it's not so important to learn to read the chart and so on, it's important to find the moments that can help you earn, as well as find interesting moments in every article and video, even when it seems that everyone talks about the same thing, you can not hope that you will find some description of all the secrets of trading and...
Yeah man... Also, I think that one should not think in terms of INCOME in trading, if we are talking about (more) aggressive trading anyway, because everything can go full-stop in next trade and never recover.. Also one could strike the VEIN OF GOLD or OIL and get rich QUICK What I have observed that for aggressive it is best to HARVEST the trades WHILE you have it.. Seen traders that STROKE the vein of something.. then were happy like extrapolated earnings in a way "now I won life" and went to LONG vacation/spending-spree... when they got back it was over, full-stop... Lost the momentum never recovered... So I think it is best to TRADE while you have/found something until it lasts... Meaning no matter what happens, you trade... Because it is, I believe, about the LUMP SUMP earnings than a CONSTANT (compared to FIX incomes, interests) etc... UNTIL!! you reach a certain level where you can live from PASSIVE INCOME: from interests, loans, rent, dividends.. and at higher/est levels: corporate rading, takeovers, mergers, economy of scale, BULK-discount etc etc... Real trading is like BOXING I believe, Earn as much as you can as fast as you can... Then you can PARK the money in something more stable AND still trade for life but from the FU position not trading the rent money or having (fixed) expenses so high that you have a buffer for only 3months... I belive that long-term LIVING from REAL trading (not liquidty providing, selling etc... but PRICE PREDICTION either through opportunity, trend or whatever, have to be that component or you are kidding yourself... Not talking about tech/latency exploit and/or insides.. but again, REAL trading.

So I believe it is best to GET the PROFITS and re-invest/park them... in hope to get FIX income and then have your lifestyle based on THAT.. VAR spending only VAR profits... Still trade with some of course... So you get to 1mio... don't buy expensive shit... invest some/majority in some passive shit.. then you have your FU position for REAL trading, from the position of FU! Then you could REACH for the REAL money/profits without worrying "what if"...

As you know TRADING is about KNOWING YOURSELF.. Very few profession do test one own identity/will/personality so much as trading... Because you could, literally become BUMP or BILLIONAIRe very quickly.. in theory... and some did.. in practice.. at least in certain markets... Very hard to leave with so wide future potential in EITHER way... Need to have STRONG WILL and BRASS BALLS at least you get to some at least micro FU position because you are either TRADING your life away or in a ROAD(trip) to becoming the WORLD ("we make the rules") PLAYER

I believe only WIZARDS could live from STREAM of profits for DECADES... The most successful ones got to LUMP SUMP and re-invest, go to other markets/segments... For the rest it is best to PARK the/some money/profits while you still TRADE new profits of course

A few illustrations:

1. Eddie Morra: I was sick.
  2. Carl Van Loon : You don't get sick. You're playing at this level, you get hit by a car, you don't even die.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289...ters/nm0000134

Historic

1. Ahnold about concetration!

Inserted Video

1. Greg Weinstein: ...Probably thought I was being tough back there with that guy, I was shitting my pants, fucking Guineas, half of them do coke, they all drink, zero capital, no fucking stability. they make all this money and always living three steps ahead, there's guys at the firm that make a million a year but can't even get a loan for a Honda because their credit is so bad, everybody's just waiting for the fifteenth of the month, they may have the Porsche but they don't have ten bucks to put in the gas tank,...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181984...ters/nm0441588

BONUS about FU position...

Inserted Video

EXTRA...
Inserted Video

JackJones Jan 17, 2020 11:37pm | Post# 77

nothing quite like the gut feeling after a huge win or loss, we should all know it and avoid the later or just get a stronger stomach... at the end of the day what's it all about anyway, cash dollars? oh dear, if so then das ist sad.. better off reevaluating exactly what is of value to ourselves and not what we think others value in us.

Sajar Jan 19, 2020 10:21am | Post# 78

I am for taking trading seriously and learning to work so that you always think about your actions first and then do them in reality. You have to work on yourself and your results every day. I have long made sure that nothing happens by itself. I think that traders need not only to study strategies and the market, but also to engage in their own psychology, so that you can record the moment when something went wrong, for example, if you became too emotional or noticed severe fatigue and so on. And you also need to love trading and sincerely want to understand it - then everything will definitely work out, if not as you expected, then it's definitely not bad.

auricforecas Jan 19, 2020 5:22pm | Post# 79

{quote} nothing quite like the gut feeling after a huge win or loss, we should all know it and avoid the later or just get a stronger stomach... at the end of the day what's it all about anyway, cash dollars? oh dear, if so then das ist sad.. better off reevaluating exactly what is of value to ourselves and not what we think others value in us.
I don't know if you are talking about trading or life? You see how easy is to get "lost" Let's stick to trading... I believe purpose of trading is money/profit?
ONCE you have it... then there is a bigger "picture" of what you do with it... or what is your overall (in life) purpose of getting/accumulating money... But again, if we stick to trading, again, I believe the main purpose is to get money/profit? Very simple yet very hard for some to understand (not you in particular, just saying) it seems ONCE you have the profit... I mean do I have to explain what are the benefits of having money (freedom, being able to "help" ppl or whatever you want)?

Some like to analyse charts, talk, "fight" about it... but is that trading? Trading should be (I believe) about making money, specially in our type of trading that I believe we are not impacting world with shaving few pips then and now (for the whole philosophical debate about "butterfly effect" of this in case someone will grab this, I believe another thread would be better)....

JackJones maybe you could provide us some noble goals for trading (aside? of money/profit - if at all?).

Ok so the main point since opening the thread is to show people that some get lost about the idea and that should they put "whatever" as a main objective... it might be helpful in their goals.. For example.. if someone would benefit much at trading with joint forces with someone else (or a group) and he doesn't because he doesn't want to admit some other member "has it"... that is costing him money/profits... if the signals/trades of that particular member that the guy would benefit from.. are (very) good at the time... So the member that had a ego put ego before the money... Yeah, you could argue that "principles" are more important... Great, but one have to be aware that this costs... If some can afford it, great..

I myself certainly welcome ANYONE that would help increase my trading profits... I welcome everyone that would appear to be beneficial to this... No matter call me whatever, I don't mind as long as we make money together.. Once we have it, each can do with it whatever he wants.. buy a Ferrari or giving it to charity...

Typed too much since the one that got it, got it.. The one that didn't... won't in 1000pages... BTW you can watch the series "A million dollar" trader where you can see how some personalities got so much in the way that the some (most) guys would blow account(s) even with inside info...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2787372/

And if someone thinks that if the sole purpose in (real) trading is making money/profit... is sad... might be in the wrong racket

JackJones Jan 19, 2020 6:41pm | Post# 80

And if someone thinks that if the sole purpose in (real) trading is making money/profit... is sad... might be in the wrong racket
there's nothing noble about trading numbers on a screen. if you make your money doing that you're not much more than an estate agent in average joes eyes, a banker at worst. but hey, some teen with a lust for lambos might dig it but that shit dies out real fast. go climb a mountain or fix the sick if you want to be noble.

© Forex Factory