Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why Are We Here? If you are really here for profits, please read! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=943393)

Ef5 Oct 22, 2019 6:59pm | Post# 41

{quote} Tnx, yeah I much prefer it to "no plan B" that even Arnold promotes... But he did had a construction business and went to school WHILE doing bodybuilding, so not so sure he was totally "no plan B" guy I prefer best of both worlds (for now), maybe I am missing something because of that, can't say... Also found a clip when he said (before he made it) that he wants to be GOOD actor, not BEST. I like what he is saying, just saying that I tend to be careful with EVERY advice Specially now that we know how he vented that success/pressure.....
You and I think alike auricforecas. Are you in the "FU position" now?

auricforecas Oct 22, 2019 7:08pm | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} You and I think alike auricforecas. Are you in the "FU position" now?
Partly, much less than I would like to be Oh and I might add that woman/en can greatly affect the FU position (and specially because women might have harder time to accept the lowering standards (temporary), if needed - yeah explain to wife/girlfriend about the house downsizing... exactly.., so that is why many wait till the BUST) If you have "luck" with women, FU position/months (buffer) can DROP to ZERO rather soon (overnight, if you meet "the right one" that is more of a honey "material" as oppose to wife material - not cheap either tbh), might even increase... but depending on the personality... For the providers personality... that would mean to have MUCH bigger buffer, specially if looking long-term... To be honest, women don't like trading (for her man to do)... as I believe many of you already found out... at least not BEFORE you make it BIG or at least trade via (own) COMPANY (it costs almost like a hotdog this days)... because private traders have very bad rep if they are not pulling GOOD money already... So you see, one more reason to have a BIZ for trading Know a guy that opened a company ONLY for that reason... Because trader+company=financial guy (Icahn level etc).... trading privately+not having millions=bump (j-off seeking easy money - in many eyes) in his thoughts of how women might see it... and I can not argue much I mean specially in this "era" when everyone is financial expert... and "trades"... plays "poker"... you name it... ;D
And you know "what does your man do?" "He's a trader"... "A broker?" "No, without the "r", just broke"

I mean tbh... "raising" traders have pretty f-up relationships It is one of the hardest profession to do without having additional people purring doubts into you... Which reminds me of this...
Inserted Video

BTW, it is much easier to TRADE from FU position that can also support your possible companion so she doesn't bother you (that much... I would suggest
to have some other "front" activities, just to avoid people bother you about trading... Would advise to have some business on the side... At least as a website
Just to avoid this, if it does bother you... I certainly do not want to discuss trading with random people... and yeah, not woman either Anything but that.. if one has enough money, could be investor (basically formatting simple company, opening account, and BUY some stocks as portfolio - would hold the story etc... if want to be in the same "industry".. or have a complete different "cover" biz CAR WASH or something.. Know some traders that do exactly that I mean as soon as people hear trading they become experts (quoting what they red in newspaper a few minutes ago etc...) and want to have strong (emotional) debates about it.. No tnx Or yeah, or if you have a (day) job, that is good also (if not for other reason)... much better than to talk trading with people, in my book at least... And what is funny is that some lower paying jobs are more suitable for trading, specially if not that much lower... For example.. thought about it how security guards could trade almost all day/shift and be paid for it Maybe an extreme example, but in my country they are not paid that much less or that below the average... so as oppose as some high-stress (office) job... that keeps your head full for entire day... Depends on the trading style/profit...

Funny clip btw
Inserted Video

Click to Enlarge

Name: 856a5c63c79018de67f3cca0cd8ae3ed.jpg
Size: 48 KB

forexoracle1 Oct 23, 2019 6:51am | Post# 43

many are hear to truly make money but most time throw their frustration on others when the market hit hard on them.for me i am here to learn,make money and friends

auricforecas Oct 23, 2019 1:12pm | Post# 44

many are hear to truly make money but most time throw their frustration on others when the market hit hard on them.for me i am here to learn,make money and friends
I do not mind it that much AS long as they do not forget why are they here (money?) and that if they see the potential in cooperation with others, they would TAKE IT... even if they were mortal enemies 1ms before... Unlike some people that ignore and might miss big opportunities

I noticed some traders/gurus here that have maybe! SOME trading component (am convinced less and less in this), far from overall to be profitable obviously - at least over some timeframe (that is why they fake, hide, switch/ditch TEs and talk in double-prediction (UP/DOWN, BULLish/BEARish crap)... but they might have something (technicals etc.), maybe... but they are too cocky to cooperate... they prefer to be in dictatorship/fraud mode.. when they ignore/ban anyone (also profitable traders that give GOOD predictions) that might disagree or take away the attention (but they love the ass-kissing followers regardless if they give all the wrong signals -- this is why I opened this thread, to ASK people WTF, because if we would be here for money only ONE thing would count.. and all others secondary...), even though we could all work together to make something glorious, maybe But hey, market is the best teacher... It removes the shit Because the ones that have big ego and nothing to contribute... are better left alone... Anyway, it was also good to see this experiment.. that even if you give GOLDen signals... that might not be relevant to many So would like to see what percentage of those high percent of losing traders (mentioned in the warnings on the brokers websites... "XX% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading...")... actually have/had the money as a main objective, at least when trading BTW the most expensive thing is EGO... makes even private jet cheap in comparison..

BTW I am thinking about creating new thread for like-minded, like TRADING GROUP and limit some signals also (TE for buddies for example)... I would be offering fundamentals/trend-lines (output of my price prediction model of 10+ years).. and others can help find BETTER harvest strategy or even cross-check the prediction, etc... but It would have to PASS my checklist/test (otherwise I would just stick to my own harvest...)... It would be best to start best-harvest-option-strategy BLANK/NAKED, without the "golden" rules... that might limit the horizon at this... But anyway, it is down to combinatorics, testing.. comparing.. modelling the different outcomes at different TP, SL, LEV... depending on the market conditions of course... so not that straightforward... So just a thought atm.. but thinking seriously.. I know where I might be good at, and where I either am not or can not invest that amount of time... since someone can do so and even better... I rather stick to the juice/rain myself, for now

P.S. I get rather quick feel about who is FAKE, who has a potential, who is BETA but ready to learn... You can sense/see rather quickly... in few posts.. or by ask something.. see immediately who is who Not to mention timestamped posts/predictions, TEs...

Love this quote/clip...
"Give me guys that are poor, smart and hungry. And no feelings. You win a few, you loose a few… but you keep on fighting . . . and if you need a friend, get a dog . . . it’s trench warfare out there Pal."
Inserted Video

ForestX Oct 23, 2019 2:06pm | Post# 45

{quote} I do not mind it that much AS long as they do not forget why are they here (money?) and that if they see the potential in cooperation with others, they would TAKE IT... even if they were mortal enemies 1ms before... Unlike some people that ignore and might miss big opportunities I noticed some traders/gurus here that have maybe! SOME trading component (am convinced less and less in this), far from overall to be profitable obviously - at least over some timeframe (that is why they fake, hide, switch/ditch TEs and talk in double-prediction...

I am all-in for this thread. I'm always neutral and find any good point value with anyone without kissing someone's ass. Unless they drive over on me like a knucklehead trying to prove himself too worthy and feel dopamine after ejaculating bunch of ego toxicity

Seen yesterday big drama in GBPUSD with RobyTurboSS and some other people between. I thought why the hell would they challenge themselves instead of giving goddamn opinion why he trading that and other one another.

FF wasn't made for showing how big is your chunk or balls. We are here to make money out of the market not from each other's. Big ego won't help proceed this forum if everyone will be sucking their own D**k.

Good thing at least we can progress here without any dumb shit I've seen here for the past 3 month's actively. Bunch of egotrippers, Big ballsy knuckleheads that do not provide anything useful and people who collect followers to sell some random shit that you won't need in trading. Especially when you can get those indicators mostly free.(But better if most of this thread just provide what they see not what they believe there can be.)

HeyYou Oct 23, 2019 2:15pm | Post# 46

WHY I'm here ? why ???

that's simple, sometimes I get high and I feel like posting some crazy things.

the day after I'm here to delete them.

I also find it a great occasion to practice English.

auricforecas Oct 23, 2019 2:26pm | Post# 47

{quote} I am all-in for this thread. I'm always neutral and find any good point value with anyone without kissing someone's ass. Unless they drive over on me like a knucklehead trying to prove himself too worthy and feel dopamine after ejaculating bunch of ego toxicity Seen yesterday big drama in GBPUSD with RobyTurboSS and some other people between. I thought why the hell would they challenge themselves instead of giving goddamn opinion why he trading that and other one another. FF wasn't made for showing how big is your chunk or balls. We are...
Great man! Now let's see what the market brings Is suspect this OCT might be somewhat SHIT due to major things happening or at least market waits for the status But in the beginning of NOV we might see very quickly where are we going If this status quo would persist I might just completely change the market...
Still waiting for the feedback from the market vs my price prediction... I always say that I know it might be over (if it was really, if we could isolate the juice factor...) and I am always ready for something new, to follow someone, cooperate, it is just that I haven't found one yet Noone convinced me of a real trading in the last 10+ years... Well there are those who make BIG money, no doubt about it, met some of those also... but in reality they are not doing the REAL trading as we think it Because exploiting some technical, trendsurfing temp momentum or got some extraordinary luck, for some time.. riding some news (until it works), "buying dips" until position(s) gets locked out (forever) etc... just doesn't cut it for me... All black swans and pretty much random-luck till then... Not even sure if I was extremely luck, specially at times.. or did HIT something... very hard to isolate therefore test still in play But at the same time.. I have seen some shorter-term trades that were like WTF! Like guy predicing 50PIP move a few minutes before it happened... Modelled trend for 6months in advance with turning point and then counter trend, 6 months after that.. so 12months in advance... didn't even for some glorified parameters that many watch etc... Let's just say that after 10years, I can not either confirm or deny.. that "something/unknown/force/juice" is possible in TRADING But would sure love to find out... In fact.. have been giving prediction 22JUN19-22SEP19.. that was wtf good, specially compared to what others were predicting, it was modelled before the FED-RATE-SUMMER drama... I have one prediction in play atm... Since 25JUL19 posted as screenshot - predicted (trend)line (modelled to 25OCT19) was very good till at least 11OCT19 (for now) - in a way for line to be completely tradable around.. so buy/sell below/above - but the price of predicted endpoint already hit)... now is in a bit off overdrive... and we will see if it touched the predicted line again in 2 days... or in an extension till 31OCT19 (would still count in my book - although finally predicted price already hit).... If it goes well, I might have another line, for 6months after the 31OCT19... just won't publish it this time, either case... Not worth it (I mean the shit I took, ignores... for being right!).. Might post fractions later, will see.. Will focus on TEs more, the ones that I would publish... but have to "scramble" trades so not too many would have (that much of ) a free ride (anymore) on my tail Anyway...

Things might start happening (big) in November... or I might start flipping burgers

As always, down to biz with anyone that shows a complete profitable trades... I might throw all I have in trash-bin and follow him (but he would have to show/convince me to have the juice and not just luck/temp_luck/ride)... Or would work with someone that have at lease ONE trading component (out of many) right and/or is willing to work on it..

forexoracle1 Oct 23, 2019 2:41pm | Post# 48

{quote} I do not mind it that much AS long as they do not forget why are they here (money?) and that if they see the potential in cooperation with others, they would TAKE IT... even if they were mortal enemies 1ms before... Unlike some people that ignore and might miss big opportunities I noticed some traders/gurus here that have maybe! SOME trading component (am convinced less and less in this), far from overall to be profitable obviously - at least over some timeframe (that is why they fake, hide, switch/ditch TEs and talk in double-prediction...
it is true and i am fully in for this thread

auricforecas Oct 23, 2019 3:10pm | Post# 49

WHY I'm here ? why ??? that's simple, sometimes I get high and I feel like posting some crazy things. the day after I'm here to delete them. I also find it a great occasion to practice English.
Haha! Epic! Honest or at least funny af post Truth might be the first step

BTW some traders do not have the (flexible) ego to admit they might be completely clueless.. I think that is the basics to really START (un)learning Nothing/Everything... powerful words They try to BREAK smartasses in the army too, to start building them later.. Similar in trading... Can't learn cocky assholes... Some (fake/losing) gurus would need to go to some DRILL SEARGANT "therapy" to beat the ego out, before they can actually start learning

auricforecas Oct 23, 2019 4:38pm | Post# 50

{quote} Ah, I believe we can only judge ourselves"... I gave up with judging "ppl do this, ppl do that".... it's all about you ! be careful when u judge others lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a21vzw1fjw
Great, if you have the luxury of that... I can't afford to be that open minded anymore, at all times, specially in trading... You be sure I judge the dictators that are totally misrepresenting all of us... This is why traders have a bad rep... Failing gurus "teaching" and banning everyone else that doesn't agree.. But I see what are you (maybe) trying to sell here... one big love, no judgment, we are all the same etc... Won't argue with you, to each it's own I just like to earn money FIRST and then we can OPEN our minds (again) Meanwhile/till_then I found it might be more effective to CLOSE some that might hurt trading... BTW.. you know the expression... "more often than not, things are exactly as they appear"... We do "judge" the market (moves) also.. but there it is called "pattern recognition"

Funny clip btw:
Inserted Video

HeyYou Oct 23, 2019 5:09pm | Post# 51

{quote} Great, if you have the luxury of that... I can't afford to be that open minded anymore, at all times, specially in trading... You be sure I judge the dictators that are totally misrepresenting all of us... This is why traders have a bad rep... Failing gurus "teaching" and banning everyone else that doesn't agree.. But I see what are you (maybe) trying to sell here... one big love, no judgment, we are all the same etc... Won't argue with you, to each it's own I just like to earn money FIRST and then we can OPEN our minds (again) ...

hahahahahahahahahaha... always love your replies.. meaningful and peaceful at the same time... you would be an amazing GURU lol

we are all "gurus" to some degrees... when we give advice (I try not to)

SurfsUp Oct 24, 2019 8:01am | Post# 52

Meanwhile/till_then I found it might be more effective to CLOSE some that might hurt trading... BTW.. you know the expression... "more often than not, things are exactly as they appear"... We do "judge" the market (moves) also.. but there it is called "pattern recognition"
What type of CLOSE are you thinking here? I am a newbie, but I feel like I need to constantly be open and listening for various explanations and ideas. I agree there should be some boundaries and as you identify ideas that guide your trading, stick to your guns and don't forget to see the things that "are exactly as they appear..."

auricforecas Oct 24, 2019 1:25pm | Post# 53

{quote} What type of CLOSE are you thinking here? I am a newbie, but I feel like I need to constantly be open and listening for various explanations and ideas. I agree there should be some boundaries and as you identify ideas that guide your trading, stick to your guns and don't forget to see the things that "are exactly as they appear..."
I don't have the answers man, just what I found it might work (for me at least)... Those are very vital infos and some people might get upset af It is almost like a religion... But if you are a newbie and haven't found something that might work... and would like to find it... then I think you have almost no choice than to find/read anything you can.. and then process/try it, till you find something that might resonate with you How else

Also I find this to be true "show me your friends, I'll show you your future".. Ussualy one gets an idea.. share it... and then it can get destroyed... That is why it is so hard for people to change... many start.. You do know those 14days of "Rocky Mode" people... started to running like crazy, with pods in ears... maybe even hoodie.. like "time for changes".. after 2weeks, they are seen no more... Just in cycle... Same as for changing anything.. It is hard as it is without listening to naysayers...

Direct link to (t=1m15s):

Inserted Video

auricforecas Nov 5, 2019 6:57pm | Post# 54

The answer to thread "question" is.. money, seems too easy but many forget it, should be daily mantra... easy to get lost in ego games, see other posts... If someone else got it right and we can all get rich out of it, great? This is no poker, we can actually all win (in this forum) if one gets it right and share it... We can win against whoever, combined, think about it... ATM - Always Think Money
... as an endgame, in trading.. the rest is conversation, as Gekko said it in WS87

delta1x Nov 5, 2019 11:06pm | Post# 55

I am always glad to be in this platform

buddha- Nov 6, 2019 1:02am | Post# 56

i killed a

SurfsUp Nov 6, 2019 1:02pm | Post# 57

I am always glad to be in this platform
Agreed. Great resource - especially for a newbie like me.

auricforecas Nov 6, 2019 6:53pm | Post# 58

{quote} Agreed. Great resource - especially for a newbie like me.
Yes, you see quotes like this motivates me also to try to "explain" certain things to certain people not necessarily to convince them (because that could be very hard) but to provide good info for other (potential) posters or viewers that are viewing the threads and maybe not actively participating in it... For example when one member is posting something that makes no sense... I try to explain it to him, by (live) examples, if possible, but the greater purpose is to show the others the possible issues they can teach from without making the mistake themselves.. You know how they say...

The above was written for a case when some member would post something.. without necessarily expecting counter-argument... But of course if someone would purposely seek some info... the main objective would be to help him specifically.. and others can lear from that also.) So a little different focus/side-focus.. but nevertheless, the result is the same.. sharing, helping each other and always keeping the "why are we here"... in the head, just to be sure we are not lost in the arguments.. while money making opportunities might be passing through

Exodus Nov 7, 2019 5:37am | Post# 59

We are here because we are not successful in this game. It will hurt some egos but its the truth. We are not here to lose we are here because we cant win.
This is very close to the truth, IMHO.
I came here (many years ago) to learn about FX trading. Over time I have observed changes in the FX market and in the behaviour of some brokers ... specifically most of the bucket shops have disappeared as the internet has revealed them as rogues.

FF is not the best place to learn FX trading if you are a novice, it is too full of detractors.
Babypips has an excellent 'school', then there is a lot to be gained from some of the trading threads on FF.

Way back I read some of the posts which said "this will take you years to master". Of course I didn't believe them, but they were correct.
I would modify part of your statement to read "We are not here to lose we are here because we are not yet winning".

Excuse me while I catch up with the rest of this thread.

Exodus Nov 7, 2019 5:38pm | Post# 60

If you are new to FX there is one thing that you must get into your head ... the market is not out to get you. You are like an ant on the rump of an elephant, it does not know that you are there. You are taking a ride and your only concern is to make sure that you get off the elephant before it lays down in the water for a bath. The worst part is .. there is more than one elephant.

Anyone blaming the market is denying their own foolishness. Like the post from auricforecas way back up this thread, the one about money not caring what sort of person you are. So it is with the market, it does not care ... it just moves like the waves of the ocean. So do not trade when the tide has gone out ... the crabs get hungry too.

Also, your broker is not out to get you. There was a time when the broker was out to get the retail trader ... they would suck them in, fill them full of hype, offer 'useful advice' on how to trade, and encourage them to refill their account every few months as they lost....

Not any more. The SEC and others are watching. If you think that your broker has rigged the trading environment against you, and you can prove it, sue them! If you can't prove it then just move on, there are plenty of other venues.

There are a lot of traders who lose. The statistics are right there on (most of) the brokers' home pages. Do not become one of the losers. We may be here because we want to make money, but that is no reason for opening a trade...

© Forex Factory