Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Basket Knights - A Basket Trading Round Table (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=943338)

le celte Sep 21, 2019 4:14am | Post# 321

Bonjour,
Yes Bishop. Short too. But I don't like take trades friday ....

We have CORE 14, ok
Probably a stupid question, but why not trade the other 14 pairs? Another Core14?
Why This choice of 14? I'm intellectually interesting
Maybe a question of a better correlation? Or less exotic?

Have a great week-end too
jf

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 5:59am | Post# 322

All shorts: H1 & H4 {image} {image} Have a great weekend.
Are you taking a 3-Pronged attack as usual (H4, H1, and m15)?

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 6:06am | Post# 323

Bonjour, Yes Bishop. Short too. But I don't like take trades friday .... We have CORE 14, ok Probably a stupid question, but why not trade the other 14 pairs? Another Core14? Why This choice of 14? I'm intellectually interesting Maybe a question of a better correlation? Or less exotic? Have a great week-end too jf
Bonjour jf,

In summary: The C14 was created after trials/investigations/tests etc., showed that the pairs in that basket moved the market. This was further narrowed down to the C5 pairs and so on.

If you are still interested in knowing all the history and stuff, I could send you a PM with links which would send you on an academic pursuit to satisfy your basketting curiosity?

Have a great weekend.

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

volumeprice Sep 21, 2019 6:26am | Post# 324

{quote} Bonjour jf, In summary: The C14 was created after trials/investigations/tests etc., showed that the pairs in that basket moved the market. This was further narrowed down to the C5 pairs and so on. If you are still interested in knowing all the history and stuff, I could send you a PM with links which would send you on an academic pursuit to satisfy your basketting curiosity? Have a great weekend. Regards and Stay fluid, Ty
I am deep into it myself. Thanks for your tips.

le celte Sep 21, 2019 6:51am | Post# 325

1 Attachment(s)
Yes Ty I'm interesting, please pm me. Thanks a lot

Screen shot : Since begin April to this day on C5 H4. Never seen something like this strategy. Incredible !!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: C5 H4 R.JPG
Size: 236 KB

le celte Sep 21, 2019 7:31am | Post# 326

1 Attachment(s)
And C14 H4 from April to this day
Click to Enlarge

Name: C14H4 R.JPG
Size: 165 KB

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 7:55am | Post# 327

{quote} I am deep into it myself. Thanks for your tips.
You are most welcome volumeprice.

Did you get the Sell entry?

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 8:04am | Post# 328

And C14 H4 from April to this day {image}
Yep. And there are A LOT of ways to play this Basketting thingy.

For example: You could apply basketting to your Robots trading (if you use one) and ONLY trade the EA in the direction of the Basket. You could also trade it with Harmonics, Pivots, Elliot Waves, SRs/SDs...and a HOST of other methods and systems.

But, I'm sure you already know that.

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

volumeprice Sep 21, 2019 8:14am | Post# 329

{quote} You are most welcome volumeprice. Did you get the Sell entry? Regards and Stay fluid, Ty
I did not enter as it is Friday. I am playing PASR with it so I am waiting for 15M corrections on some S/R next week.

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 8:18am | Post# 330

{quote} I did not enter as it is Friday. I am playing PASR with it so I am waiting for 15M corrections on some S/R next week.
Great volumeprice,

I'll be waiting to enter Level 2 trades with you after your expected DC.

Well done.

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

bishopdotun Sep 21, 2019 8:28am | Post# 331

{quote} Are you taking a 3-Pronged attack as usual (H4, H1, and m15)? Regards and Stay fluid, Ty
Just H1 & H4 now since I am looking to stay longer on trades.

volumeprice Sep 21, 2019 8:58am | Post# 332

1 Attachment(s)
Thats a nice bearish outside bar at C5 daily.
Name:  Screenshot2.png
Views: 399
Size:  19 KB

Tiivaa Sep 21, 2019 3:55pm | Post# 333

Hello Ty
thank you for all your efforts in this thread, I was watching closely all the time and it is really interested what you have done here. few questions if you dont mind:

1. I have noticed that there is not any or very few arrows in your charts recently. As you mentioned in post2 they are good for re entries. are you NOT going to use them any more? or did you changed the settings so they are very few? may I know the settings for them in post no2?

2. many times you have mentioned that you BANKED x pips, I assume that it means you have closed some pairs out of 5, or maybe a part of whole basket trades. honestly this part is confusing to me, I couldn't figure it out ...when/which pair/how much of a trade...you add or close. for example see posts no 119 and 120. big changes in less than 2 hours and I couldn't understand what happened in between. or post no 43, there is not any GU and NU trades in the list. another example from post319, you mentioned 1053pips from recently closed buy basket and from beginning to the end that basket was almost 900 pips. Just to help me and I think there maybe others for better understanding, is it possible for you to share a part of your account history for a whole basket and what happened in between with us so maybe I can understand it? if and just if, you are going to do this favour, it would be very nice if you share the C5 H4 sell basket starting from 2019.08.26 00:00 to 2019.09.04 20:00(post no 9 to post no 111).

I totally understand if you dont like to do it.
thank you in advanced

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 4:21pm | Post# 334

Hello Ty thank you for all your efforts in this thread, I was watching closely all the time and it is really interested what you have done here. few questions if you dont mind: 1. I have noticed that there is not any or very few arrows in your charts recently. As you mentioned in post2 they are good for re entries. are you NOT going to use them any more? or did you changed the settings so they are very few? may I know the settings for them in post no2? 2. many times you have mentioned that you BANKED x pips, I assume that it means you have closed...
Hello Tiivaa,

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the thread.

I just wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know I will certainly be responding. Meanwhile, kindly go over the posts you mentioned above AGAIN (i.e. Post#119-120 and Post#43) - honestly the answers you require are there in PLAIN sight. Nevertheless - I will TRY to clarify AGAIN once I respond.

*Just note this (and I'm SURE other Basket Knights can concur): Basket trading can generate A LOT of pips. It's not the same as trading single pairs. A lot can change in a short time (as I've mentioned severally on this thread).

Talk later.

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 7:34pm | Post# 335

2 Attachment(s)
1. I have noticed that there is not any or very few arrows in your charts recently. As you mentioned in post2 they are good for re entries. are you NOT going to use them any more? or did you changed the settings so they are very few? may I know the settings for them in post no2?
I like my charts clean. On Post#2 I was simply showing how one COULD take re-entries. If you've followed my posts since then you would observe that I take re-entries after the occurrence of what I term a DC.

The settings for the Has arrows are 2,4,2,1 and yes they are good for re-entries and are still valid. No wrong or right way. *See attached images below depicting the re-entry areas during the Previous Buy basket on BOTH C5 H4 and C5 H1. As you would expect, there are MORE re-entry opportunities on the C5 H1 than on the C5 H4. I will NOT bother to drill down to the m15 to show a screen capture.

The white dashed Horizontal line below shows the entry zone for the Previous Buy basket.
Bright Green Vertical Line = H4 Tidane signal.
Dark Green Vertical Line = H4 Has Arrow re-entry signal.
*Please ignore the white dashed Horizontal line above - it simply shows the entry zone for the current Sell basket.

*Note: They are MANY ways I re-enter after a realignment of the Basket. These I have tried to make clear on this thread.

More replies to come...

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty
Click to Enlarge

Name: Tiivaa1_#TyC5#05H4.png
Size: 48 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Tiivaa2_#TyC5#05H1.png
Size: 54 KB

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 8:34pm | Post# 336

2. many times you have mentioned that you BANKED x pips, I assume that it means you have closed some pairs out of 5, or maybe a part of whole basket trades. honestly this part is confusing to me, I couldn't figure it out ...when/which pair/how much of a trade...you add or close. for example see posts no 119 and 120. big changes in less than 2 hours and I couldn't understand what happened in between. or post no 43, there is not any GU and NU trades in the list. another example from post319, you mentioned 1053pips from recently closed buy basket and...

many times you have mentioned that you BANKED x pips, I assume that it means you have closed some pairs out of 5
MANY times I even mention the pairs I banked and the number of positions I banked. I have also mentioned several times that I trade MULTIPLE positions. From my screenshots you will agree that there are A LOT of times when you will see (for example) GBPJPY*3 positions listed - this is not strange to my Basket.

honestly this part is confusing to me, I couldn't figure it out ...when/which pair/how much of a trade...you add or close.
Nothing should be confusing here. Nothing to "figure out". WHEN? = After a DC. WHICH PAIR? = Individual Basket pairs in agreement with the H4 Basket direction. HOW MUCH OF A TRADE...YOU ADD OR CLOSE? = Depends on available funds, risk appetite, Price Action, fundamentals at the moment. No right or wrong way.

for example see posts no 119 and 120. big changes in less than 2 hours and I couldn't understand what happened in between.
No SECRET happened. Price moved a great deal that's all.
My floating profit was +455 pips at Post#119. By Post#120 (two hours later) the C5 Basket Price had moved to +679 (a mere +224 pips move which is NOT A BIG change at all when Basket trading). I simply banked +156pips and left a floating balance of +523 pips running.

or post no 43, there is not any GU and NU trades in the list
Post#43 is SELF-explanatory. It's ALL written there.
See where I mentioned "Selective Basketting"? - I have explained what that means on this thread many times. *AND I also mentioned same on THAT SAME post#43. This should explain WHY there isn't any GU or NU trades in there.

another example from post319, you mentioned 1053pips from recently closed buy basket and from beginning to the end that basket was almost 900 pips.
Yes. I'm SURE by now (after ALL my explanations above) you can tell WHY that is so right? Just in case you can't:
+900 for those who trade ONLY one position each per C5/C14 Basket pair. I trade MULTIPLE positions/re-entries/add-ons. Please read the thread with this understanding.

Just to help me and I think there maybe others for better understanding, is it possible for you to share a part of your account history for a whole basket and what happened in between with us so maybe I can understand it? if and just if, you are going to do this favour, it would be very nice if you share the C5 H4 sell basket starting from 2019.08.26 00:00 to 2019.09.04 20:00(post no 9 to post no 111). I totally understand if you dont like to do it. thank you in advanced
You say "I totally understand..." BUT you DON'T! If you did, you'd have remembered post#1 (the very first post) where I mentioned:

So, open your trades and then manage them. No wrong or right way. Arguments about gurus, heroes, villains, godfathers, whether trading on live / demo accounts, proof of income, requests for putting up TEs, and the like would frankly not be entertained. TRY not to be rude okay. Let's agree to disagree - we are different, and we see differently. Period.

If you could not understand HOW I traded the BUY(loss) to SELL(profit) to BUY(profit) and now SELL Baskets since the inception of this thread (DESPITE the fact that I documented my progress ALMOST step by step), then NO AMOUNT of account history can help you or anyone else understand anything.

So here's my advice (if you care to take it):

Follow the H4 signal as shown/explained on Post#1 (FOR YOURSELF!) and see what happens. NO AMOUNT of explanation from SOMEONE ELSE will help you understand how Basket trading works like EXPERIENCING it for yourself would. And you can ONLY do so by doing so. (*I HOPE you opened a Sell basket on Friday - there was a Sell signal on the H4.)

I hope I have answered ALL the questions you raised - maybe not to your satisfaction - but I hope I have. Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

NB:
I may have made errors in this post. I apologize - I SHOULD be asleep!

TyLamai Sep 21, 2019 8:57pm | Post# 337

you mentioned 1053pips from recently closed buy basket and from beginning to the end that basket was almost 900 pips. Just to help me and I think there maybe others for better understanding, is it possible for you to share a part of your account history for a whole basket and what happened in between
By the way Tiivaa, at a point during the just concluded Sell basket, I WAS up over +1,500 pips. (+1,725 pips to be exact). I guessed you missed Post#251 here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12502332

EXCERPT
+1,245 TOTAL pips Banked and +480 pips floating...the
H4 Buy basket is still valid.

I just added 2 USDCHF sells because I see a good DC.

NZDUSD and NZDJPY are also other pairs with good DCs (as long as the Buy basket signal remains intact). Once I see good PA on these, I will open Buy trades.

https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...1&d=1568403543 https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...1&d=1568403552

But that is the nature of the basket - you win a lot and can leave A LOT on the table too!

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

Tiivaa Sep 22, 2019 4:41am | Post# 338

{quote} I hope I have answered ALL the questions you raised - maybe not to your satisfaction - but I hope I have. Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know. Regards and Stay fluid, Ty NB: I may have made errors in this post. I apologize - I SHOULD be asleep!
Thank you very much indeed ty... for sure your answer and efforts are really helpful and I appreciate them all.
Best wishes

TyLamai Sep 23, 2019 2:27am | Post# 339

I'm having issues with my trading station and I'll be sending it in for a major checkup this morning. This means I'll be trading at a slight disadvantage for the first half of this week at the least.

Since I'll not have access to my offline charts via my mobile device it would be great if someone here could update me with the Tidane changes on the H1 as they occur.

Hope you have a great trading week!

Regards and Stay fluid,

Ty

le celte Sep 23, 2019 2:53am | Post# 340

it would be great if someone here could update me with the Tidane changes on the H1 as they occur
good morning Ty
I'm not always in front of my PC
But I can update to you #C5H1
I have also C7H1 all 7 JPY and another 7 EUR
Trying another idea ...
Have a good smiling Monday
A coffee Ty ?
jf

© Forex Factory