Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TDA with IMT (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=942920)

puma Oct 28, 2019 5:02pm | Post# 61

Hallo Dave, I am following your thread and find it very interesting. I would like to learn more about your analysis, do you have time to explain a bit or do you have any thread to suggest or document where I can find something about it? If I google it I didn't find appropriate material.....
Many thanks, Puma

DrDave Oct 29, 2019 6:35am | Post# 62

1 Attachment(s)
Some thoughts on GBPUSD
Direction bias: long term, down. However, this down trend has been in effect for many months and is due to reverse. Short term up with caution.
Control: MN1
Action: H4 and below.

With the recent extreme moves, some cycles are not clearly defined. With the D1 down swing due to end, the subsequent upswing must be monitored to see if it is a mere rally (option B), or if it develops into an extended continuation up (option A).
M5 appears to be starting up to work on cycling to take D1 up. Whether we see A or B develop on D1,...
Did the above information help you to prepare your Monday trade plan to look for buying opportunities on timeframes below D1? Many pips were available for harvesting.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 343 KB

josi Nov 7, 2019 12:50am | Post# 63

1 Attachment(s)
There you go again - it will work out in the end. Though for now it seems like up on H4 (wrong TF you will immediately say).
I've been there too because it does that a lot:
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDH4.png
Size: 36 KB

josi Nov 8, 2019 6:01am | Post# 64

1 Attachment(s)
Now - theoretically - this could really hurt if price keeps going...
Naw - it's all part of the plan. Figured it out. If you only knew... Drawdown like this really means nothing for those who can see the big picture...
Everybody was banking on down - so we get an upward spike. Shorts have to cover their losses etc.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDH4.png
Size: 46 KB

josi Nov 15, 2019 7:13am | Post# 65

1 Attachment(s)
If only it were so clear.
My chart tells a totally different story.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDDaily.png
Size: 26 KB

DrDave Nov 20, 2019 1:55am | Post# 66

GBPUSD

H2 has now crossed down, opening the gate to enable H4 to cross down.

If H4 crosses down today, look for smaller charts to rally for selling the down continuations. This down bias is trying to bring down D1.

DrDave Nov 22, 2019 6:46am | Post# 67

GBPUSD H2 has now crossed down, opening the gate to enable H4 to cross down. If H4 crosses down today, look for smaller charts to rally for selling the down continuations. This down bias is trying to bring down D1.
The H32 has been on a rally this week. Lower time frames have made pullbacks and continuations up, but now are making down cycles to try to bring the H32 into its continuation down.

goodways100 Nov 23, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 68

Does gbpjpy follow suit. I think if this week on H4 gbpusd is down, so should gbpjpy having a high positive correlation. Regards

DrDave Nov 24, 2019 4:31am | Post# 69

Does gbpjpy follow suit. I think if this week on H4 gbpusd is down, so should gbpjpy having a high positive correlation. Regards
Yes, GBPJPY and GBPUSD have very well correlated movement currently at these higher timeframes.

josi Nov 25, 2019 4:20am | Post# 70

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} The H32 has been on a rally this week. Lower time frames have made pullbacks and continuations up, but now are making down cycles to try to bring the H32 into its continuation down.
To me it looks as if Momentum is rock bottom and price is much more likely to change into upward Momentum soon - at least for a while (at least on H16) ...
Nevertheless, H1 should be coming into a zone soon
MMO somewhat strange at the moment (news related)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 50 KB

DrDave Nov 25, 2019 11:29am | Post# 71

{quote} To me it looks as if Momentum is rock bottom and price is much more likely to change into upward Momentum soon - at least for a while (at least on H16) ... Nevertheless, H1 should be coming into a zone soon MMO somewhat strange at the moment (news related) {image}
Yes. Indicators show H16 confirmed down 22 November. Therefore, watch for lower charts to rally, then make down continuations. Because the H16 is a rather large time frame, rallies on time frames such as H2 and H4 can actually be rather large moves in price and buyable. This is seen today with the H1 cycling up, pushing up the H4 and H8.

josi Nov 29, 2019 2:39am | Post# 72

1 Attachment(s)
still looks up to me - there is resistance, though
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH4.png
Size: 83 KB

josi Nov 29, 2019 11:52am | Post# 73

1 Attachment(s)
And after that there is more resistance but still: up on all TFs
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 70 KB

josi Dec 5, 2019 2:42am | Post# 74

1 Attachment(s)
how is that for internal cycling?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPM15.png
Size: 51 KB

josi Dec 6, 2019 1:58am | Post# 75

1 Attachment(s)
see what I mean with leg1, leg2, leg3
almost perfect MMO - to me that means - leg2 is simply ditorted price action wise because it had to overcome strong re
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15.png
Size: 68 KB

josi Dec 6, 2019 8:23am | Post# 76

1 Attachment(s)
leg1
leg2
leg3?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM15.png
Size: 67 KB

DrDave Dec 6, 2019 8:39am | Post# 77

leg1 leg2 leg3? {image}
Yes, but you did not look at m30 as well (or maybe you don't know that you SHOULD be looking at m30) before deciding to sell.

josi Dec 6, 2019 9:05am | Post# 78

The markets are speaking to you. Do you know their language?
IMT Pips This Week: -568

well, do you?
PS:
I only quoted parts of your own post.
Best not only to dislike but to block me altogether.

”You! hypocrite lecteur!—mon semblable,—mon frère”: Baudelaire’s Preface to Fleurs du Mal

© Forex Factory