Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

Yenom Aug 17, 2019 4:43am | Post# 701

{quote} Is this TOO simple for most people, so you think that it cannot possibly work, so you need to add more complexity and THEN it will be good?
Well, isn´t a forum a place to discuss and refine? Otherwise, OP could just open a thread, post 10 examples and close it again. No system is perfect, and why not trying to find better things to improve it?

DrDave Aug 17, 2019 7:08am | Post# 702

{quote} Well, isn´t a forum a place to discuss and refine? Otherwise, OP could just open a thread, post 10 examples and close it again. No system is perfect, and why not trying to find better things to improve it?
Sure it is a place to discuss and refine IF that is what the OP said he wanted to do. If you actually read his postings, you would see that FIRST, he wants to get everybody to at least follow the instructions that are given. As you can see, if you have read the entire thread, there are many people posting that clearly cannot even do that yet. So he does not want to move on to doing any refining yet.

Yenom Aug 17, 2019 7:53am | Post# 703

I know that and understand it. But it´s really a shame. As long as it is constructive, it´s fine. Imagine boosting this strategy. Everyone would love it. If OP really wanted no refining, he should have made the thread different in the first place.

beejay Aug 17, 2019 7:56am | Post# 704

{quote} No, it is not one of a kind. It is another variant of TMA bands. Just search ForexFactory and there are several threads about them.
Its actually is...I have tried different variant of TMA and this one just took my system to almost 95% perfection, the only sad thing is that he is not sharing the code... I will surely codedly share it with BTM in few weeks time of forward testing

DrDave Aug 17, 2019 8:48am | Post# 705

I know that and understand it. But it´s really a shame. As long as it is constructive, it´s fine. Imagine boosting this strategy. Everyone would love it. If OP really wanted no refining, he should have made the thread different in the first place.
He already said he even has other information to share LATER, after people learn to at least follow the instructions in post #1.
So IF, (note that is a really big if) people are not posting questions that clearly show that they are not even following post #1, then we can move beyond the simplicity of post #1.

And yes, it is shame that people cannot adhere to only the instructions in post #1.

le celte Aug 17, 2019 10:13am | Post# 706

Bonjour,
Thanks for sharing your really great system BTM
jean-françois

Metac Aug 17, 2019 10:56am | Post# 707

Hi BTM, Arrow indicator is loaded hardly and it takes about few minutes.

cfudge Aug 17, 2019 11:27am | Post# 708

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't he say breakeven here...

Click to Enlarge

Name: drdave.jpg
Size: 18 KB

carpantas Aug 17, 2019 12:31pm | Post# 709

{quote} He already said he even has other information to share LATER, after people learn to at least follow the instructions in post #1. So IF, (note that is a really big if) people are not posting questions that clearly show that they are not even following post #1, then we can move beyond the simplicity of post #1. And yes, it is shame that people cannot adhere to only the instructions in post #1.
Dr. Dave, do not insist much or despair, but the simpler a system is, the more people like to complicate it, even before they understand what the author wants to expose and delive .

carpantas

pd. sorry for my english, courtesy google translator

lddd Aug 17, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 710

Hi BTM, Arrow indicator is loaded hardly and it takes about few minutes.
Yes indicators really doesn’t seem to work well. I also often don’t get the signals at time, arrows missing or not matching with the time of an alert notification, also it slows down MT4 quiet heavy to me and i am using a very decent hardware setup.

Mundo Aug 17, 2019 1:44pm | Post# 711

1 Attachment(s)
I already have a profitable method. I use Daily, 4hr, and look for setups on 1hr. However, I decided to look for setups on 15M because this system gives me what I lacked (so far) for best possible entry.

I have taken some trades according to Main Rule. However, I do my own analysis according to my system and trading plan then look for setups on 15M. I do not just sit and wait for arrows. There are multiple ways to trade with what BTM has gracefully shared, one only has to look for them or simply wait till BTM and teach us the different ways to benefit from this system. He is correct in teaching one at a time. Master one first then move to next.

Some folks here need to be held by the hand until they get it. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone learns on their own pace. BTM has left thread open and has not specified that folks need to be experienced. Let's give everyone a chance to learn so that they can earn. Best we can do is learn as much as we can, because look like soon this thread will be in page 1000, when there will still be folks asking the same questions asked now.

These are my results from Aug 8 - Aug 14. We traveled from Aug 13 and arrived on 14 which is when I was able to close all positions. Have not opened laptop until now. Still have 1 month and approx a week left of vacation. Will make a few attempts at trading and will keep all posted.

My suggestion is study charts and read posts in order to familiarize yourself with system. You will thank yourself later.

Enjoy your weekend.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Trade Report 2019-08-14.png
Size: 30 KB

alhalawi Aug 17, 2019 1:48pm | Post# 712

I already have a profitable method. I use Daily, 4hr, and look for setups on 1hr. However, I decided to look for setups on 15M because this system gives me what I lacked (so far) for best possible entry. I have taken some trades according to Main Rule. However, I do my own analysis according to my system and trading plan then look for setups on 15M. I do not just sit and wait for arrows. There are multiple ways to trade with what BTM has gracefully shared, one only has to look for them or simply wait till BTM and teach us the different ways to benefit...

Great

handy148 Aug 17, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 713

DrDave - it's a sad fact here on FF but most don't even read page 1 let alone the whole thread.

le celte Aug 18, 2019 1:35am | Post# 714

Bonjour tout le monde,
Yes it is very important to read AND understand the post N° 1.
For me it's so simple, very simple strategy. But not for every boby ...
And I have read the whole thread two times

For me easy, so easy, to practice this system
Keep It Simply Simple (KISS)

Thanks very much and cheers
jf
Sorry for my bad english

valesch Aug 18, 2019 3:48am | Post# 715

{quote} Yes indicators really doesn’t seem to work well. I also often don’t get the signals at time, arrows missing or not matching with the time of an alert notification, also it slows down MT4 quiet heavy to me and i am using a very decent hardware setup.
What’s currently more reliable, the visual arrow indi (indi D I think) or the alerting indi (Indi F) ?

DrDave Aug 18, 2019 4:03am | Post# 716

DrDave - it's a sad fact here on FF but most don't even read page 1 let alone the whole thread.
Yes, I know. I think a lot of people get confused when it says "Read page ONE", thinking that they read "Read page NONE".

DrDave Aug 18, 2019 4:08am | Post# 717

I already have a profitable method. I use Daily, 4hr, and look for setups on 1hr. However, I decided to look for setups on 15M because this system gives me what I lacked (so far) for best possible entry.
Great! You know one way to use multiple timeframes. Many years ago in the Extreme TMA thread, I made a posting that went something like this, "I learned that before crossing the street, look to the left because cars nearby might be coming. So I always looked to the left . But one day when I was halfway across, I was run over by a bus that came from the right. Since then, I look BOTH ways before I step off the curb."

Maybe that will help you a bit.

mario777 Aug 18, 2019 7:20am | Post# 718

{quote} Great! You know one way to use multiple timeframes. Many years ago in the Extreme TMA thread, I made a posting that went something like this, "I learned that before crossing the street, look to the left because cars nearby might be coming. So I always looked to the left . But one day when I was halfway across, I was run over by a bus that came from the right. Since then, I look BOTH ways before I step off the curb." Maybe that will help you a bit.
Dr. Dave seems you know everything in trading. Why dont you share your setups and charts with your entries so that everybody here can learn from you.

Yenom Aug 18, 2019 7:43am | Post# 719

{quote} Yes, I know. I think a lot of people get confused when it says "Read page ONE", thinking that they read "Read page NONE".
Don´t be a ...

Have you never thought about people that do not understand English and may need to use a translator? OP is probably not a native speaker either. His OP posting has its errors. I understand what he means, but a translator does not. If I put it into a German translator, I get phrases that don´t make any sense.

leeshindig Aug 18, 2019 9:50am | Post# 720

{quote} Dr. Dave seems you know everything in trading. Why dont you share your setups and charts with your entries so that everybody here can learn from you.
hahaha :-)

© Forex Factory