Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

alhalawi Aug 15, 2019 5:17am | Post# 641

{quote} That is not enough information. You need to specify a market/instrument and timeframe. I say GBPJPY is in an uptrend/ rally on H1 timeframe. And at this exact moment, in a downtrend/pullback on m15.

you're the man

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 5:27am | Post# 642

i'm in USDCAD trade as you can see steps are becoming uptrend so tp1 {image}
Very good! You see the price fell back from the upper band, but not very far, then started back up and an arrow painted. That was price making a pullback in the uptrend, and then the arrow to buy is the continuation back up. However, did you understand that this is what is happening, or did you blindly buy because of an uptrend and the arrow?

If you remember, when price reaches the upper band, this is far away from where it normally is, so sell trades are preferred, not buys.

alhalawi Aug 15, 2019 5:32am | Post# 643

{quote} Very good! You see the price fell back from the upper band, but not very far, then started back up and an arrow painted. That was price making a pullback in the uptrend, and then the arrow to buy is the continuation back up. However, did you understand that this is what is happening, or did you blindly buy because of an uptrend and the arrow? If you remember, when price reaches the upper band, this is far away from where it normally is, so sell trades are preferred, not buys.

i'm following the rules of the system

that's all

fxfoass Aug 15, 2019 5:36am | Post# 644

1 Attachment(s)
EURCAD Potential Long setup. Conservative TP - Previous Highs.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 11.22.46.png
Size: 446 KB

amocfx Aug 15, 2019 5:41am | Post# 645

{quote} i'm following the rules of the system that's all
but the rules says its preferable not to take a buy trade when price/candle is that close to the upper bands

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 5:49am | Post# 646

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} but the rules says its preferable not to take a buy trade when price/candle is that close to the upper bands
He is using only the rules and tips in post #1. There is nothing about being close to the upper is better to sell. That is just remarks in the thread.

But..., if you look at this chart in post #1, read what it says.
We DO NOT take this SELL signal because the trend is up.
So, even if price is very close to the upper band, you do not take a SELL when the trend is still up.
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 1485
Size:  178 KB

alhalawi Aug 15, 2019 5:49am | Post# 647

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} but the rules says its preferable not to take a buy trade when price/candle is that close to the upper bands

i said that actually

but here if you realise the following
price have been ranging before and then an up trend is starting to form as you see in the picture

when a signal occur at upper band in an upper trend that has been going for a long time then it's not preferable to buy because you are buying at the highs of the wave and not at the pullback like on the example of AUDCAD
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 37 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture1.PNG
Size: 17 KB

amocfx Aug 15, 2019 5:56am | Post# 648

{quote} He is using only the rules and tips in post #1. There is nothing about being close to the upper is better to sell. That is just remarks in the thread.
i never said its better to sell when price is close to upper band even when clearly its an up trend without a sell arrow, i was just stating that buying too close to an upper band gives a higher risk of a drawdown

amocfx Aug 15, 2019 5:58am | Post# 649

{quote} i said that actually but here if you realise the following price have been ranging before and then an up trend is starting to form as you see in the picture when a signal occur at upper band in an upper trend that has been going for a long time then it's not preferable to buy because you are buying at the highs of the wave and not at the pullback like on the example of AUDCAD {image} {image}
Awesome clarification , thanks

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 6:40am | Post# 650

{quote} i said that actually but here if you realise the following price have been ranging before and then an up trend is starting to form as you see in the picture when a signal occur at upper band in an upper trend that has been going for a long time then it's not preferable to buy because you are buying at the highs of the wave and not at the pullback like on the example of AUDCAD {image} {image}
You are exactly right with that analysis. However, BTM did not explicitly cover this, so no rule and no tip about it, so people won't be doing it.

Liem Aug 15, 2019 9:58am | Post# 651

1 Attachment(s)
i took e/u
Name:  Image1.png
Views: 1346
Size:  8 KB

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 10:09am | Post# 652

i took e/u {image}
Nice one!
It would help other people if you zoom out a little bit to show more of your screen.
Also, if you have the time, include the reasons that you took the trade. For example.
Trend indicator: making steps down = downtrend.
Down arrow displayed = sell
Price went below the base line (not required, but makes better sell trade)
SL: set to line above the base line
TP: set to line below the base line

Liem Aug 15, 2019 10:43am | Post# 653

{quote} Nice one! It would help other people if you zoom out a little bit to show more of your screen. Also, if you have the time, include the reasons that you took the trade. For example. Trend indicator: making steps down = downtrend. Down arrow displayed = sell Price went below the base line (not required, but makes better sell trade) SL: set to line above the base line TP: set to line below the base line
those things are visible in the chart posted

did you take the e/g sell?

greenpipshun Aug 15, 2019 11:21am | Post# 654

Hi FF memebrs. I like to share with you my trading system . I call it "Beat the Market " the system is very easy to use . I will demonstrate how to use . in this system, we follow the trend that determined on H4 timeframe,so the advantages of my system is following the trend . and the important things here is we work on M15 timeframe .so we catch trend from H4 and trade on M15 . another advantages is,there is no repaint in my system,when arrow appear wait to current candle closed,when candle closed,no redraw no repaint no back paint...
Hi, thank you for sharing. I have a question tho. Does it lag in providing arrow signals? Thanks.

alhalawi Aug 15, 2019 11:32am | Post# 655

i took e/u {image}
good trade

i was out so did not know about it

that's the problem

a dashboard will hopefully fix this problem of not sitting at the screen

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 11:43am | Post# 656

{quote} those things are visible in the chart posted did you take the e/g sell?
Of course they are visible. The point was so you repeat the steps you took to see if you followed the rules. It also reinforces this in your mind so eventually, you don't need to see a list of rules. Even if you are far advanced from this, it helps other people here.

No, I did not take that trade. I was away from the computer then. Anyway, I have met my weekly goal so I don't really need to take any more trades this week.

renkotop Aug 15, 2019 11:49am | Post# 657

subscribed!

Thank you BTM.
renko

Yenom Aug 15, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 658

{quote} Of course they are visible. The point was so you repeat the steps you took to see if you followed the rules. It also reinforces this in your mind so eventually, you don't need to see a list of rules. Even if you are far advanced from this, it helps other people here. No, I did not take that trade. I was away from the computer then. Anyway, I have met my weekly goal so I don't really need to take any more trades this week.
But only posting a trade that is valid can also teach others. Because they got to find out themselves, which reinforces it even better. Thatīs why courses are built like that at the university, in college etc..

BTM Aug 15, 2019 5:19pm | Post# 659

{quote} good trade i was out so did not know about it that's the problem a dashboard will hopefully fix this problem of not sitting at the screen
you can receive alert notifications to your mobile mt4 or by email.just set true in signal indicator (F) and complete setting in your mt4. of course you need to stay run your pc or use vps.

Wonderfull Aug 15, 2019 5:27pm | Post# 660

1 Attachment(s)
here's an idea. the trend indicator bands could be used a dynamic Support and Resistance. We can use them in confluence with divergence and a breakout price pattern to spot reversals movements. Here i spotted a Regular divergence (stochastic) at the lower band of the trend indicator (support), now i'm waiting for price to breakout the current choppy area which is on a resistance (price action). A safe Target would be at the trend line if it gives a positive R:R by the time the breakout happend (if it happend) {image}
It did hit the trendline TP.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPM15 15082019.png
Size: 78 KB

© Forex Factory