Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

DrDave Aug 14, 2019 4:23am | Post# 581

Guys just look at the bands A trend is clear when bands looks like stairs upbor down ie: both bands
alhalwai, you know that is way too difficult for most people. They want some simple colorful indicator, like a traffic light, that simply is red when the bands are pointing down, green when they point up, and yellow otherwise. You don't expect people to make an effort to look how bands are pointed when those people can't even read less than 600 posts, do you?

alhalawi Aug 14, 2019 4:25am | Post# 582

{quote} alhalwai, you know that is way too difficult for most people. They want some simple colorful indicator, like a traffic light, that simply is red when the bands are pointing down, green when they point up, and yellow otherwise. You don't expect people to make an effort to look how bands are pointed when those people can't even read less than 600 posts, do you?

and they want to make money

alhalawi Aug 14, 2019 4:38am | Post# 583

1 Attachment(s)
took dowjones trade this morning

trying the signal arrow when the price is ranging and the signal came at the upper band

will see how it goes

it's pretty basic but advanced from the main strategy
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 48 KB

DrDave Aug 14, 2019 4:43am | Post# 584

BTM hi! it seems trading the divergence is much easier for me. Wehn 15 min bands come out of 4H band im looking for divergence in MACD as you suggested in your previous posts. {image}
Finally, someone posted the smaller bands inside the larger bands!!! I encourage everyone to study that screen capture.

First, look carefully how the smaller band is moving inside the larger band. Starting on the left side where the blue line is, the large band shows down trend. The top of the smaller band goes so high that it even goes outside larger band. What a great time to look for a down arrow, no?

Now go all the way to the left where the very first down arrow is displayed. Look how the smaller band is up close to the top of the larger band. Now look to where the price dropped--it dropped to the bottom of the smaller band. Do not look where it actually ended, but look at where the bottom of the narrow band is at the time of the down arrow appearing--THAT is a good target! If you want to be conservative, use half that amount as a first target, because very, very often price will move at least from the top band to the middle of the band.

BTM Aug 14, 2019 4:48am | Post# 585

Hi BTM, Thanks for sharing your trading system. Here is a way to maybe improve the alert system : On this picture we can see that on an alert with an arrow both fields DownCross and DownSingnal have a value {image} On this picture on an alert without arrow the field DownSingnal have a value but the field DownCross is at -1.0000 {image} EDIT : The value of the field DownTrendSignal is also at -1.0000 on an alert without arrow
thank you very much,but its not that easy,its combination of 9 indicator only some of them has output,most of them calculating in their code and pass the result to other FOR . as far as i know the alert signal is corrected. the main problem is starting mt4 and loading template . when you see a alert when candle not closed yet,its still calculating and may give you alert again,as i told in the previous post,let the candle close , if an arrow was there calculation completed and its good to trade .

DrDave Aug 14, 2019 4:48am | Post# 586

took dowjones trade this morning trying the signal arrow when the price is ranging and the signal came at the upper band will see how it goes it's pretty basic but advanced from the main strategy {image}
Did you sell at the close of the bar with the arrow? If yes, did you look to the left a little bit and see the bottom of the price range and set your TP there? It is about where the price line in that screen capture is.

BTM Aug 14, 2019 4:50am | Post# 587

took dowjones trade this morning trying the signal arrow when the price is ranging and the signal came at the upper band will see how it goes it's pretty basic but advanced from the main strategy {image}
please follow the main rules and dont discover rules for now.we are trying to check this system profitability ,if you don't follow the main rules last decision about the system will not 100% sure . thanks bro.

BTM Aug 14, 2019 4:53am | Post# 588

{quote} and they want to make money
exactly

BTM Aug 14, 2019 4:56am | Post# 589

{quote} Finally, someone posted the smaller bands inside the larger bands!!! I encourage everyone to study that screen capture. First, look carefully how the smaller band is moving inside the larger band. Starting on the left side where the blue line is, the large band shows down trend. The top of the smaller band goes so high that it even goes outside larger band. What a great time to look for a down arrow, no? Now go all the way to the left where the very first down arrow is displayed. Look how the smaller band is up close to the top of the larger...
thanks DrDave, its good to filtering our entry for better performance,even technical analysis. good job .

but please dont make rules for entry for example when bands are ranging we took buy and sell or etc ... follow the main rules . (this sentence was for everyone not mentioning DrDave at all )

alhalawi Aug 14, 2019 5:04am | Post# 590

{quote} please follow the main rules and dont discover rules for now.we are trying to check this system profitability ,if you don't follow the main rules last decision about the system will not 100% sure . thanks bro.

ok will stick with it

Liem Aug 14, 2019 7:27am | Post# 591

3 Attachment(s)
u/j trend looks clean so im waiting for a buy signal .. best one i have so far

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 15 KB

I've noticed the trend curve can become flatter, and sometimes it can be merging.

merging

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image3.png
Size: 12 KB

flattening

Name:  Image2.png
Views: 520
Size:  8 KB
i'm guessing flattening might signal a trend possibly ending and merging is a potential range.

spae11 Aug 14, 2019 7:29am | Post# 592

1 Attachment(s)
Tips1 gives you a stronger boost than you might think.
Click to Enlarge

Name: tips1.png
Size: 23 KB

alhalawi Aug 14, 2019 7:38am | Post# 593

u/j trend looks clean so waiting for a buy signal .. best one i have so far {image} I've noticed the trend curve can become flatter, and sometimes it can be merging. merging 3413042 flattening 3413046 i'm guessing flattening might signal a trend possibly ending and merging is a potential range.
i would not take this trade

signal near upper band

Ican2020 Aug 14, 2019 7:48am | Post# 594

Hi BTM, Thanks for sharing your trading system. Here is a way to maybe improve the alert system : On this picture we can see that on an alert with an arrow both fields DownCross and DownSingnal have a value {image} On this picture on an alert without arrow the field DownSingnal have a value but the field DownCross is at -1.0000 {image} EDIT : The value of the field DownTrendSignal is also at -1.0000 on an alert without arrow
You got many alerts man, which broker are you using?

ejiexe Aug 14, 2019 7:51am | Post# 595

Tips1 gives you a stronger boost than you might think. {image}
Which pair is this?

BTM Aug 14, 2019 7:55am | Post# 596

{quote} i would not take this trade signal near upper band
excellent ,that was not a good trade.

BTM Aug 14, 2019 7:57am | Post# 597

Tips1 gives you a stronger boost than you might think. {image}
combine it with divergence,this is how you can filter the wrong correction.correction trading is my next tutorial here . by the way whats those yellow arrow?

BTM Aug 14, 2019 8:04am | Post# 598

Always check the first post,i will update TIPS as we are keep going through.

spae11 Aug 14, 2019 8:11am | Post# 599

{quote} combine it with divergence,this is how you can filter the wrong correction.correction trading is my next tutorial here . by the way whats those yellow arrow?
I've explained that before, but it's embedded in the trend band system. If you look at the D band setting, you can see the second column from the bottom, the color is not set. If you add a color, the arrow will pop up.

Liem Aug 14, 2019 8:13am | Post# 600

{quote} i would not take this trade signal near upper band
there is an arrow but it's a false flag, i am waiting for the next up arrow

"so im waiting for a buy signal " because it will be in the middle of the range and not close like the first one was.

© Forex Factory