Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

Mundo Aug 13, 2019 12:17pm | Post# 541

{quote} You are so wrong,my friend! By DEFINITION, the only way that the USDCAD price can be moving up is if USD is STRONGER in relation to CAD. Or you can look from the other end of the pair and say CAD is weaker than USD. It is a simple fact. If there was a sudden move in the OPPOSITE direction to which the price of the pair had been traveling, then something occurred to cause USD to be weaker than CAD (or CAD become stronger than USD), PERIOD!
By DEFINITION the market does whatever it wishes to do...even if it does not make sense.There is no "the only way." Neither one of us decides what or why the market does what it does. I can give you hundreds of reasons but none matters, nor will you care. That spike came from US-China tariff news. That is all I care...

People need to stop "defining" the reason why it moves the way it does, and focus on being profitable and if helping others do so correctly. Because help that does not help is not help! Wishing you the best.

My family and I are officially on a well earned 1 1/2 months vacation as of tonight, compliments of my friend Forex, so peace to all. Will check in once in a while and continue learning, it never ends.

DrDave Aug 13, 2019 12:39pm | Post# 542

{quote} By DEFINITION the market does whatever it wishes to do...even if it does not make sense.There is no "the only way." Neither one of us decides what or why the market does what it does. I can give you hundreds of reasons but none matters, nor will you care. That spike came from US-China tariff news. That is all I care... People need to stop "defining" the reason why it moves the way it does, and focus on being profitable and if helping others do so correctly. Because help that does not help is not help! Wishing you the best. My family and...
I was not defining or explaining in any way the WHY or HOW the spike occurred. I was EXPLAINING the relationship between two currencies in a pair and their relative strength/weakness that is reflected in the price action on the chart. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

And in my opinion, helping others understand the strength/weakness of the underlying currencies in a pair is providing information that can be useful in their trading.

Yoki Aug 13, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 543

1 Attachment(s)
Was this a good trade? Entered short at the baseline. Got stopped out unfortunately.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EJ.PNG
Size: 343 KB

alhalawi Aug 13, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 544

Was this a good trade? Entered short at the baseline. Got stopped out unfortunately. {image}

no

you took the trade before the close of the market at asian session which is not preferable

btw i didn't get this signal from my broker

also i think you should take sell signal when the signal come at the highs of the band

DrDave Aug 13, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 545

Was this a good trade? Entered short at the baseline. Got stopped out unfortunately. {image}
You need to state your reasons for entering the trade before it can be determined if it were a "good trade".

Yoki Aug 13, 2019 1:23pm | Post# 546

{quote} no you took the trade before the close of the market at asian session which is not preferable btw i didn't get this signal from my broker also i think you should take sell signal when the signal come at the highs of the band
Yeah I think I'll try out some trades when the sell signal and baseline are on the upper half of the band and vice versa for buys. Thanks for the feedback

{quote} You need to state your reasons for entering the trade before it can be determined if it were a "good trade".
SELL:
- Rules :
a) wait to SELL arrow will appear
b) trend must Bearish clearly
c) candles pass base line (for safe,not necessarily)
d) place you sl and tp (trail for tp2)

Obviously I'm trying to follow the rules of the first post along with the tips

DrDave Aug 13, 2019 1:31pm | Post# 547

{quote} Yeah I think I'll try out some trades when the sell signal and baseline are on the upper half of the band and vice versa for buys. Thanks for the feedback {quote} SELL: - Rules : a) wait to SELL arrow will appear b) trend must Bearish clearly c) candles pass base line (for safe,not necessarily) d) place you sl and tp (trail for tp2) Obviously I'm trying to follow the rules of the first post along with the tips
OK,very good. I did not write down all of BTM's tips, so I hope I am not repeating. Here is a tip:The closer price is to the upper band in a Bearish trend when a down arrow is painted, the higher the probability of seeing profit. If price is about in the middle, even if the candles pass a base line, the probability of success is lower than for the above condition.

Yoki Aug 13, 2019 1:34pm | Post# 548

{quote} OK,very good. I did not write down all of BTM's tips, so I hope I am not repeating. Here is a tip:The closer price is to the upper band in a Bearish trend when a down arrow is painted, the higher the probability of seeing profit. If price is about in the middle, even if the candles pass a base line, the probability of success is lower than for the above condition.
Right on thanks for the tip. My next trade I post will follow the rules and adhere to your tip

Mundo Aug 13, 2019 2:03pm | Post# 549

{quote} I was not defining or explaining in any way the WHY or HOW the spike occurred. I was EXPLAINING the relationship between two currencies in a pair and their relative strength/weakness that is reflected in the price action on the chart. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. And in my opinion, helping others understand the strength/weakness of the underlying currencies in a pair is providing information that can be useful in their trading.
You are so wrong,my friend! By DEFINITION, the only way that the USDCAD price can be moving up is if USD is STRONGER in relation to CAD. - End quote

alhalawi Aug 13, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 550

Can we finish this debate and concentrate on the strategy

No system can beat news in any way

Mundo Aug 13, 2019 2:12pm | Post# 551

USD very volatile now with Tariff News ... tread carefully Edit Big OPPOSITE moves on UJ and UC -- not sure why UC is going down when USD is getting bid on all other pairs Edit I am staying on sidelines
This was original post. It clearly spoke of the Tariff News. Anyone not clear of relation of strength between currencies in a pair should not trade at all. The spike was obviously when news came out. Since AUD pairs runs with UJ (north on this occasion) it is reason for UC to go south, in this case. No news for CAD came out so no reason for it to move as it did unless affected by Tariff News.

You come from another thread all high and mighty, insulting people, confrontational, and obviously are right in every single post. Read them you will see. BTM is doing a fine job, but like all threads someone has to hijack it.

As one having a PhD in counseling I do not wish to engage with folks who have it together like you do. DrDave.

Have the last word. I'm on my way to Vacay...

DrDave Aug 13, 2019 2:46pm | Post# 552

{quote} Tall high and mighty, insulting people, confrontational, and obviously are right in every single post.
Why are you describing yourself? No need. It is already clear.

Alberto_Jazz Aug 13, 2019 3:00pm | Post# 553

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} please provide a photo that shows your entry and signals arrow.this way it will help.

I hope this help. I don't use BTM indicators, I'm writing an easy expert to trade with this method because I work full time. Please ignore the other trades in the history because I'm testing the expert. The red arrow is the entry point. Gray line is the main pivot. Green is the initial stop and red is the first target in BTM method. You see the trailing stop @ last upper fractal protect the (small) profit just before the upper spike.

If the expert works well I will open another thread to avoid confusion with BTM method.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCHF.PNG
Size: 31 KB

prrydude0007 Aug 13, 2019 3:14pm | Post# 554

{quote} I hope this help. I don't use BTM indicators, I'm writing an easy expert to trade with this method because I work full time. Please ignore the other trades in the history because I'm testing the expert. The red arrow is the entry point. Gray line is the main pivot. Green is the initial stop and red is the first target in BTM method. You see the trailing stop @ last upper fractal protect the (small) profit just before the upper spike. If the expert works well I will open another thread to avoid confusion with BTM method. {image}

Sweet! someone is on the way to a working EA!

I am looking forward to setting up the strategy when i get home this evening.

sirwolf Aug 13, 2019 3:52pm | Post# 555

{quote} I hope this help. I don't use BTM indicators, I'm writing an easy expert to trade with this method because I work full time. Please ignore the other trades in the history because I'm testing the expert. The red arrow is the entry point. Gray line is the main pivot. Green is the initial stop and red is the first target in BTM method. You see the trailing stop @ last upper fractal protect the (small) profit just before the upper spike. If the expert works well I will open another thread to avoid confusion with BTM method. {image}
Just curious, how do you know what to code since BTM has not share his code? How do you know the alert criteria? Thanks!

Yenom Aug 13, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 556

{quote} Just curious, how do you know what to code since BTM has not share his code? How do you know the alert criteria? Thanks!
The indicators are out there. Just different name.

sirwolf Aug 13, 2019 4:16pm | Post# 557

{quote} The indicators are out there. Just different name.
Ok, what are the equivalent indicators for each? I have a coder who makes great dashboards... Thanks!

ejiexe Aug 13, 2019 4:57pm | Post# 558

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully i can figure this out when i get home as i am very interested to set it up and monitor for a few days before taking trades with it. I will have to figure out how i can setup alerts to send to my mobile or email for when i am at work during the day. Google it is.
You will have to first turn AlertEmail to True from F indicator and then go Tools, Options, Email menu and enable email. Enter your email settings and you are good to go.
This is my alert received
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_6.jpg
Size: 112 KB

Liem Aug 13, 2019 8:41pm | Post# 559

1 Attachment(s)
anyone take latest signals ? most are against flat-ish trends

Name:  Image1.png
Views: 514
Size:  8 KB

e/g gave a buy so i'm going for 10 pips

zed.fr Aug 13, 2019 9:55pm | Post# 560

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Just curious, how do you know what to code since BTM has not share his code? How do you know the alert criteria? Thanks!

Hi , you dont need the code of indi... just take the output of indicators and compute them..
i'm actually doing a dash and a expert too... for sure it will better to have the code... we will ansderstood more and perhaps making it better and quicker on calculating !!
BTM don't you really send us Mq4 files ??

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 75 KB

© Forex Factory