Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (binned per thread starter's request) Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

PipBros Oct 15, 2019 3:21pm | Post# 3521

{quote} I have already increased number of lots according to the amount of profits made. When I started, I could trade only 1 lot. Now I am able to use 4 lots, still maintain the same large SL, target 10 pips, and the daily goal is finished. If I enter only 1 lot, then I can set my SL to 4x--an insane level.
I assume the win loss ratio makes up for when price reverses on you for a massive looser, of 4 times your 10 pip TP?

leweg1 Oct 15, 2019 3:25pm | Post# 3522

{quote} I have already increased number of lots according to the amount of profits made. When I started, I could trade only 1 lot. Now I am able to use 4 lots, still maintain the same large SL, target 10 pips, and the daily goal is finished. If I enter only 1 lot, then I can set my SL to 4x--an insane level.
July 15 2019 you started , 13 weeks today, going from 1 lot to 4 lots and still maintaining the consistency you do compounding the account your on to an absolute winner DrDave!

say 10% a month that's like 231% annualized with compounding if i'm not correct? mind blown

aarkian Oct 15, 2019 3:39pm | Post# 3523

dear admin,
i put indicators to indicators folder and template too but when i use the tempele it doesn,t show me the arrow please can you explain hoe to use your indicators.
thanks

alij79 Oct 15, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 3524

{quote} My friend. There's no freebies in life. This thread is for learning, not for requesting signal services. Use your weekends to look at the weeks charts and post in this thread to learn. additionally you can make use of the dashboard to alert you of possible signals
Well I am not asking BTM specifically to post signals, anyone can do that along with chart images...for signal to be valid the chart need to be look up, so just alert doesnt serve any purpose in the case i explained...
I have understood the system very well and that is not the point of discussion either...

DrDave Oct 15, 2019 4:20pm | Post# 3525

{quote} I assume the win loss ratio makes up for when price reverses on you for a massive looser, of 4 times your 10 pip TP?
First of all, 4x 10 pips is a mere 40 pips--that is a joke SL. Try 400 pip SL (for 1 contract) with 10 pip TP. Unconfirmed about win/loss ratio making up for "massive looser (sic)", because in 129 trades, less than 1 pip was lost, and the equivalent of 1365 pips harvested.

leweg1 Oct 15, 2019 4:21pm | Post# 3526

{quote} Well I am not asking BTM specifically to post signals, anyone can do that along with chart images...for signal to be valid the chart need to be look up, so just alert doesnt serve any purpose in the case i explained... I have understood the system very well and that is not the point of discussion either...
Personally the way i see it is, some people post chats but generally not enough charts are posted here, what makes you think that migrating over to telegram will make people post more charts? It wont, best bet is use this platform and turn on email notification for this thread any time someone posts you'll get an alert via e-mail, same as telegram alert right?

DrDave Oct 15, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 3527

{quote} July 15 2019 you started , 13 weeks today, going from 1 lot to 4 lots and still maintaining the consistency you do compounding the account your on to an absolute winner DrDave! say 10% a month that's like 231% annualized with compounding if i'm not correct? mind blown
If I am able to trade enough days per month to maintain the compounding plan, the account (based on $1000 stake, not the $10000 that was actually opened with) will be doubled 6 months after it was opened.

Meerrettich Oct 15, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 3528

{quote} Well I am not asking BTM specifically to post signals, anyone can do that along with chart images...for signal to be valid the chart need to be look up, so just alert doesnt serve any purpose in the case i explained... I have understood the system very well and that is not the point of discussion either...
I would suggest the following: Invest in a cheap VPS. As soon you get an alert you can connect via RemoteDesktop for instance and check the chart on your smartphone. That's exactly the way I' trading currently since don't have access to my pc all the time.

Azis1234 Oct 15, 2019 4:36pm | Post# 3529

A great day for me. Over 500 pips. Closed 17 trades with 1 loss.

BTM Oct 15, 2019 4:40pm | Post# 3530

A great day for me. Over 500 pips. Closed 17 trades with 1 loss.
Great

PipBros Oct 15, 2019 4:46pm | Post# 3531

{quote} First of all, 4x 10 pips is a mere 40 pips--that is a joke SL. Try 400 pip SL (for 1 contract) with 10 pip TP. Unconfirmed about win/loss ratio making up for "massive looser (sic)", because in 129 trades, less than 1 pip was lost, and the equivalent of 1365 pips harvested.
Interesting. Sorry for the questions:

So what if you enter a trade and it immediately goes against you and never makes it to the 10 pip TP?

Do you use the BTM strat for the above mentioned money management rules?

DrDave Oct 15, 2019 5:04pm | Post# 3532

{quote} Interesting. Sorry for the questions: So what if you enter a trade and it immediately goes against you and never makes it to the 10 pip SL? Do you use the BTM strat for the above mentioned money management rules?
Maybe you meant "...never makes it to TP?"?
If you are paying spread, then every trade is against you the instant it is executed because of the spread.

You probably mean what if price goes significantly against my position before getting close to TP. No problem because I enter at price that falls in the middle of certain timeframes, thereby simply letting price cycling eventually bring price back to TP before reaching the very distant SL.

If I am at the screen, and the position is in drawdown, I also put on hedge positions and harvest pips from those as well.

No, I don't use the BTM MM system. That is one of the reasons that I don't post any charts--there is already more than enough confusion here with the charts posted that follow the system.

valdecchio Oct 15, 2019 5:18pm | Post# 3533

BTM
hello BTM, again congratulations for this incredible system ... I wanted to ask you ... -is it possible (for those who prefer, even as an option to test) add this option on the EA? Set TP 1 = Yes / No Set TP 2 = Yes / No so that the trader can decide whether to use tp1 or tp2 (tp2 default currently in the EA) -and... add a option to hide TP and SL to broker... it's possible ?[/quote]

JohnLee97 Oct 15, 2019 5:22pm | Post# 3534

Greetings, I have managed to go through this thread swiftly and one question that I would like to ask before Section 2 arrives is that, given the excellent result this BTM strategy can provide, is the fixed position size regardless of SL more beneficial than a fixed risk (let's say, 2-3% per trade) ? I wish to know despite the benefits of fixed risk money management approach, some might still prefer a fixed position size?

Thanks in advance

valdecchio Oct 15, 2019 5:38pm | Post# 3535

2 Attachment(s)
This is what makes this system ... awesome

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.jpg
Size: 260 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: 2.jpg
Size: 414 KB

Idne Oct 15, 2019 5:58pm | Post# 3536

This is what makes this system ... awesome {image}{image}
Full auto?

valdecchio Oct 15, 2019 6:16pm | Post# 3537

{quote} Full auto?
absolutely yes ... fully automatic, default settings

rcrane Oct 15, 2019 7:33pm | Post# 3538

I have not been able to get the dashboard to load on my charts can someone post a screenshot of what I should be seeing and any tips to help me load it

bjpumping Oct 15, 2019 9:21pm | Post# 3539

hello, im new to this thread, can someone tell me how to attach the indicator template to work on my mt4. i have tried so many stuffs but its not working

bjpumping Oct 15, 2019 9:28pm | Post# 3540

hello, im new to this thread, can someone tell me how to attach the indicator template to work on my mt4. i have tried so many stuffs but its not working

i have fixed it. thanks guys

just a question...does this indicator work on the daily?

© Forex Factory