Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (binned per thread starter's request) Beat The Market strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938423)

khaledfxsol Oct 10, 2019 11:26am | Post# 3341

{quote} Okay, BTM says he trades all the 28 pairs except AUDNZD, EURGBP and all the CHF pairs. Someone (especially those who didn't start reading this thread from the beginning, like Khaled who requested for a PDF...just imagine!) will still ask this question before the end of this day..."BTM, which currency pairs do you trade with your system?" In such a case, BTM, just load a gun...
Why you try to show your self as smart you better keep slient to see if I ask or not Smat Man

Meerrettich Oct 10, 2019 11:38am | Post# 3342

1 Attachment(s)
Gbpcad stoped out
It wasn't a good setup in my eyes (I didn't receive a signal there). Price tested the level several times and failed to break through. In addition to that, previous sell signal in the same pricelevel failed.
Just my personal opinion though

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 88 KB

DrDave Oct 10, 2019 11:48am | Post# 3343

{quote} candle when goes outside trend indicator,they get back inside
OK, that helps a little bit. But how can we know exactly where you entered if you don't mark it clearly on the chart?

failedbid Oct 10, 2019 11:50am | Post# 3344

{quote} That statement makes no sense. Perhaps you could add some details for clarification
I believe they're playing ping pong within the "D" indicator bands.

BTM Oct 10, 2019 11:53am | Post# 3345

gbpcad sell {image}
i didn't get that signal

BTM Oct 10, 2019 11:55am | Post# 3346

Is this valid its open from the trend line {image}
i didn't teach correction trading yet.dont trade without rules.

BTM Oct 10, 2019 11:57am | Post# 3347

{quote} I believe they're playing ping pong within the "D" indicator bands.
not necessarily,trend indicator can be wider to collect candles inside,so you may see it candles was not outside after while .

stond Oct 10, 2019 12:21pm | Post# 3348

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} OK, that helps a little bit. But how can we know exactly where you entered if you don't mark it clearly on the chart?
Here you are.
Click to Enlarge

Name: [HSI50]M15.png
Size: 35 KB

failedbid Oct 10, 2019 12:23pm | Post# 3349

{quote} not necessarily,trend indicator can be wider to collect candles inside,so you may see it candles was not outside after while .
Yes, that is why I don't think it's a bright idea. You may have to constantly adjust your limit orders and your tp will shrink if the market is trending.

DrDave Oct 10, 2019 12:28pm | Post# 3350

{quote} Yes, that is why I don't think it's a bright idea. You may have to constantly adjust your limit orders and your tp will shrink if the market is trending.
No need to adjust your limit order, because AT THE TIME THAT YOU PLACED IT, it was valid.

Your TP can remain fixed (unless you use a trailing stop) where you first place it at the time the order is placed.

failedbid Oct 10, 2019 12:55pm | Post# 3351

{quote} No need to adjust your limit order, because AT THE TIME THAT YOU PLACED IT, it was valid. Your TP can remain fixed (unless you use a trailing stop) where you first place it at the time the order is placed.
I think these bands only indicate the general direction of the market and do not provide reliable S/R levels. If you place a limit order and bands move away from it before the order is filled and you stick to your level, it is like placing an order blindly and can be dangerous.

When looking at historical data, many people observe that candles reverse after touching the bands and this gives them the idea. For even that to happen, you will have to place order in real-time when price hits the band but to place a limit order and consider it a valid signal even after bands moves away from it is blind trading.

DrDave Oct 10, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 3352

{quote} I think these bands only indicate the general direction of the market and do not provide reliable S/R levels. If you place a limit order and bands move away from it before the order is filled and you stick to your level, it is like placing an order blindly and can be dangerous. When looking at historical data, many people observe that candles reverse after touching the bands and this gives them the idea. For even that to happen, you will have to place order in real-time when price hits the band but to place a limit order and consider...
I don't agree with you, but that is OK. If what you do leads you to profits, keep doing it.

lddd Oct 10, 2019 2:00pm | Post# 3353

one of the keys to success with this system,is to take all of the signals (based on rules) . {image}
Its impossible to manage taking all the signals manually if you don’t want to sit in front of the screens 24/7.

You sound like fallen into euphoria after facing some success, congratulation but how long did you test the system now with taking ALL of the signals, a few weeks, monthes?

Any investors invested yet? Where is the long term track record showing any proof the system is profitable after taking „ALL“ those signals? :-)

BTM Oct 10, 2019 2:06pm | Post# 3354

{quote} I think these bands only indicate the general direction of the market and do not provide reliable S/R levels. If you place a limit order and bands move away from it before the order is filled and you stick to your level, it is like placing an order blindly and can be dangerous. When looking at historical data, many people observe that candles reverse after touching the bands and this gives them the idea. For even that to happen, you will have to place order in real-time when price hits the band but to place a limit order and consider it...
putting pending orders is not reliable,you can not be sure about a reversal for sure with this strategy. first of all you need to understand how trend indicator works. 20 day from now and i will teach you reversal trading. for now, lets fix the problem on section 1 if anyone have.

BTM Oct 10, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 3355

for anyone like to know how you can catch all of the signals manually and not using dashboard you can do what im doing . my 3 friends and i, rented an office and we split the market hours,i only stay at office and trading only in London session,other friends do the same for another market session (Sydney,Tokyo,Frankfort,Newyork) . the rest of the hours when its not my duty time i go with family or other things i need to do. in this way you have time for work and life.also our shift is changing every week.

Loqito Oct 10, 2019 3:17pm | Post# 3356

for anyone like to know how you can catch all of the signals manually and not using dashboard you can do what im doing
Thanks a lot, because today, after almost two weeks of following the market on 15M TF for the biggest part of time, I realized that it is not possible for me to do that for long period. Too heavy for eyes and mind, no time for doing anything else in life.

Ah-Ong Oct 10, 2019 9:50pm | Post# 3357

{quote} Thanks a lot, because today, after almost two weeks of following the market on 15M TF for the biggest part of time, I realized that it is not possible for me to do that for long period. Too heavy for eyes and mind, no time for doing anything else in life.
Even original template at #post 1 also got alert.
Maximize your speaker volume, so that you can hear it while doing other thing.

Ah-Ong Oct 10, 2019 9:52pm | Post# 3358

{quote} Its impossible to manage taking all the signals manually if you don’t want to sit in front of the screens 24/7. You sound like fallen into euphoria after facing some success, congratulation but how long did you test the system now with taking ALL of the signals, a few weeks, monthes? Any investors invested yet? Where is the long term track record showing any proof the system is profitable after taking „ALL“ those signals? :-)
mix strategy for 2 years
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12440502

Ah-Ong Oct 10, 2019 9:54pm | Post# 3359

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I am short. Thing is that steps are generated because it's 24period(my guess) TRI_Ma that is calculated on 4H data. I personally use TMA+CG by mladen 24 period on 240 timeframe , price =6 (weighted), as a result there are no steps. See attachement. Here is how it looks on GBPJPY (dark green lines) I was thinking about adding different colors when it goes up/down, but its too much coding. {file} {image}
Added hand phone alert with source code for those who need it.
TMA+CG mladen HP.mq4

brenopinto Oct 10, 2019 10:47pm | Post# 3360

for anyone like to know how you can catch all of the signals manually and not using dashboard you can do what im doing . my 3 friends and i, rented an office and we split the market hours,i only stay at office and trading only in London session,other friends do the same for another market session (Sydney,Tokyo,Frankfort,Newyork) . the rest of the hours when its not my duty time i go with family or other things i need to do. in this way you have time for work and life.also our shift is changing every week.
Nice !

So in your opinion using the actual Dashboard is not a good idea?

Better to catch signals manually?

© Forex Factory