Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   6200trading Method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=938236)

6200trading Aug 9, 2019 11:39pm | Post# 61

Thank you for sharing. I will adapt your strategy for a while and see it for myself. Your signal looks great. And the strategy looks clean and simple. And if I am not mistaken, this is the next opportunity for Monday, go short on GBP NZD. But where would you put your stop loss in the example below? {image}
I just took a quick peek. In my humble opinion, that ship has sailed Beerbelly. Can you tell me why?

6200trading Aug 10, 2019 12:13am | Post# 62

This is a question for those of you that have been around for a while. I like the fact I have started this thread. Being involved with other traders is a unique experience for most of us.

I am interested in following the threads of others that have something positive to offer. I browsed through quite a few threads here in Trading Systems as well as other topics. I must say that there seems to be some crazy stuff on Forex Factory. Every time I look at a system thread, I leave with my head spinning around because of all the rules and indicators.

Please help me out and suggest some threads carried on by professional traders. I love to learn from other successful people.

Viv108 Aug 10, 2019 5:19am | Post# 63

This is a question for those of you that have been around for a while. I like the fact I have started this thread. Being involved with other traders is a unique experience for most of us. I am interested in following the threads of others that have something positive to offer. I browsed through quite a few threads here in Trading Systems as well as other topics. I must say that there seems to be some crazy stuff on Forex Factory. Every time I look at a system thread, I leave with my head spinning around because of all the rules and indicators. Please...
Morning from London! The ‘trading made simple’ thread is quite a good one: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622

Some very simple rules, based on indicators which I assume are derived from moving averages.

6200trading Aug 10, 2019 8:12am | Post# 64

{quote} Morning from London! The ‘trading made simple’ thread is quite a good one: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622 Some very simple rules, based on indicators which I assume are derived from moving averages.
Thank you Viv108. I will check it out. I love networking with other successful traders. We are a small group.

For those of you just learning or not doing very well, do what I do..... When I know someone is successful at anything that I am interested in (not only trading), I become a sponge.

I can assure you that the trading system or setups they use are NOT the keys to their success.

6200trading Aug 10, 2019 8:22am | Post# 65

{quote} Morning from London! The ‘trading made simple’ thread is quite a good one: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622 Some very simple rules, based on indicators which I assume are derived from moving averages.
I just went to the biography for the gentleman that started the thread. It seems he passed away sometime in 2011. It seems those that chose to carry on his thread a doing a very good job. Thank you for the suggestion.

Beerbelly Aug 10, 2019 10:52am | Post# 66

{quote} I just took a quick peek. In my humble opinion, that ship has sailed Beerbelly. Can you tell me why?
Not sure, maybe cause you want to place a sell at the candle right after the green one to have a better entry? I have been analyzing your trades by adding a horizontal line and a vertical line at your positions, based on that with the info you gave i figured this would be a very similar entry, I thought. Can you explain why you think that the ship has been sailed already (like the way you say it).

Inthebox Aug 10, 2019 12:54pm | Post# 67

{quote} I just went to the biography for the gentleman that started the thread. It seems he passed away sometime in 2011. It seems those that chose to carry on his thread a doing a very good job. Thank you for the suggestion.
Sponge this guy up Phx62 in the thread. He does not post anymore.

yonnie Aug 10, 2019 2:46pm | Post# 68

Trend Trading System from Fartist is very similar to yours, but he trades about 70 instruments including futures.
maybe something for you to do as well to turbo charge your returns???

not so sure if you need other systems for your trading.
the way you trade is very sound.
I looked through your past trades and if you show a bit more discipline, you really wont need anything else.
to get too involved on FF apart from your thread, might distract you from your trading.
wishing you every success in your trading.

6200trading Aug 10, 2019 6:52pm | Post# 69

{quote} Not sure, maybe cause you want to place a sell at the candle right after the green one to have a better entry? I have been analyzing your trades by adding a horizontal line and a vertical line at your positions, based on that with the info you gave i figured this would be a very similar entry, I thought. Can you explain why you think that the ship has been sailed already (like the way you say it).

Thank you for getting involved Beerbelly. Theoretically, you set up has merit and it is the 'type" of pullback that I look at. If I were to consider this trade it would have been made the day before the last candle. I like to put the stop above the highest high of the relief rally. In this case however, I would look for a lower point to put the stop due to large PIP risk using the highest high. If you were to do this your position size would be tiny with such a large stop and a 1% risk.

Interestingly, I had a similar situation last week on my GBPAUD trade. I had a huge Pin Bar reversal candle signal. With my 1% risk the size would have been tiny hence not a great Risk Reward. In these cases, I would rather take a lower win% to get a really nice R/R. I hope I am making sense?

I found a 3 bar fractal about half way up the big wick on the 4 Hour and was able to enter with a smaller stop, hence more size.

I just looked at your GBPNZD H4 chart and it looks like there is a fractal fairly close if you want to take a shot. If it was me, I would not because it's made a decent move already.

I hope I didn't confuse the heck out of you but that is hoe my mind works.

TooSlow Aug 10, 2019 6:53pm | Post# 70

{quote} Where do I say that you charge for your useless information?
Go piss on your own threads, you wanker. The only thing useless is your comments. Take off, hoser.

Aussi Aug 10, 2019 7:37pm | Post# 71

regarding indicators and systems , if it works for you and you are making money use it , it might not work for all because there are different ideas on how to trade i do like to see money being made from brokers

Aussi Aug 10, 2019 7:43pm | Post# 72

{quote} Yes I realise that but have a look at the associated charts,no MA's any where...clear as mud.Why this guy can't post charts is beyond me.
your last chart was in 2018 not only that but the one before that was 2012 , like calling the kettle black heh mate

6200trading Aug 10, 2019 8:47pm | Post# 73

regarding indicators and systems , if it works for you and you are making money use it , it might not work for all because there are different ideas on how to trade i do like to see money being made from brokers
Very well said. I personally have the 200/50/20 SMA's so I can quickly rip through all the charts. Once I see an opportunity, I just start looking for a good Risk/Reward entry.

Aussi Aug 10, 2019 9:56pm | Post# 74

{quote} Very well said. I personally have the 200/50/20 SMA's so I can quickly rip through all the charts. Once I see an opportunity, I just start looking for a good Risk/Reward entry.
i am trading semafor its a olddie like me i like it but others do not . its a open mind that looks at ideas , i have on some cds over 3000 indies and a cd on systems which i collected over the years (if i can find them ) i also have used the sma,s indicators with good success , my risk reward entry's on trades i do not look at it i just trade but small accounts need to kindest regards to you all

edge540 Aug 11, 2019 1:56am | Post# 75

{quote} Go piss on your own threads, you wanker. The only thing useless is your comments. Take off, hoser.
English grammar lesson TRO "The only thing useless is your comments",what you meant to say was "The only thing useless are your comments". What's a "hoser" TRO?

edge540 Aug 11, 2019 1:58am | Post# 76

{quote} your last chart was in 2018 not only that but the one before that was 2012 , like calling the kettle black heh mate
Correct,but I'm not claiming to be a successful trader trying to teach others.For the record I've consistently lost in this game for 14 years...no BS.

Aussi Aug 11, 2019 2:42am | Post# 77

{quote} Correct,but I'm not claiming to be a successful trader trying to teach others.For the record I've consistently lost in this game for 14 years...no BS.
i hate people losing mate , perhaps demo with different indicators might help you get to a winning state good luck with trading

yonnie Aug 11, 2019 5:00am | Post# 78

{quote} Correct,but I'm not claiming to be a successful trader trying to teach others.For the record I've consistently lost in this game for 14 years...no BS.
give yourself a chance Mr Edge and follow 6200trading here......he`s got a sound trading system; study hard and you will get there.
it will end your 14 year losing streak...no BS lol.....

6200trading Aug 11, 2019 8:18am | Post# 79

It has been my experience that people that lose consistently are struggling with the inner game. Systems, setups, etc. are a dime a dozen. You just to find one that suits you.

6200trading Aug 11, 2019 8:30am | Post# 80

I just took a look at the poll I put up at the beginning of this thread. The poll asks the reason why people use the Forex Factory website.

I was curious to see the results. It is still running until August 17th but the results so far are in line with what I thought.

I, myself, have used Forex Factory for years. The main reason was for the Calendar. I would also check the news on occasion.

Interestingly, many, many years ago, I used to click all over FF looking for some "holy rail" trading system.

© Forex Factory