Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Trade Manager for MT4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=936447)

Tintman7 Aug 10, 2019 8:54am | Post# 41

Yes Tintman7 have been using the tester version it works beautifully.The BE function is invaluable. The ability to move it to a desired chart position and to user select the buttons they require for their trading would be damn near perfect.Great work and much appreciated. Regards lpp
Thx for the reply. I love the BE button. Chart position is in the works Good idea with the select the button you want to show. I will add that to my list.

Tintman7 Aug 10, 2019 8:58am | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a look at the new panel. Still tweaking things but i condensed some things and made a few extra buttons fit into the man panel. The move pending buttons are nice so you dont have to keep deleting and adding orders.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Some really good ones came in. I will continue to work on this and post my work.

Keep you posted
Name:  NEW.PNG
Views: 321
Size:  7 KB

Alcasar Aug 10, 2019 2:38pm | Post# 43

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you. Glad you are getting some use out of it. I should have a new version out before Sunday so we can use it next week. I do have on my list to be able to move the panel in the screen, and i will add the adjust fonts and colors at a later date as i am still working on some key features right now. Thank you for the suggestions.
Hi, Tintman7 !

Enjoy using your tool, really good thing, thank you !
New panel looks amazing !

If you dont mind, I have a suggestion of improving this manager. Often in trading we need to set a different SL and TP (almost in every single trade), cause trading situations also have much difference, which can change in lifetime of trade immediately. So, in this version of TradeMan we have 2 presetted variant of SL and TP (tight and wide, both are filled in Settings). Its great, but sometiimes more convenient to have the ability of input SL or TP from trade panel without opening the settings-window. If it possible, it would be nice to slightly modernize "Tight" and "Wide" buttons, adding a counter of pips desired SL/TP (lets say, with step = 1 pip). This way will be more quick and easy for trade management.

I drew a picture to show how it can look like.

Best regards !
Click to Enlarge

Name: buttons.jpg
Size: 56 KB

Tintman7 Aug 11, 2019 4:12pm | Post# 44

{quote} Hi, Tintman7 ! Enjoy using your tool, really good thing, thank you ! New panel looks amazing ! If you dont mind, I have a suggestion of improving this manager. Often in trading we need to set a different SL and TP (almost in every single trade), cause trading situations also have much difference, which can change in lifetime of trade immediately. So, in this version of TradeMan we have 2 presetted variant of SL and TP (tight and wide, both are filled in Settings). Its great, but sometiimes more convenient to have the ability of input SL...
I like this and will add it to my list. Thank you for the comment.

Tintman7 Aug 11, 2019 4:57pm | Post# 45

Well sorry to say that i am having some trouble with the new version, so i will be running it on a demo to see how it performs before i put it up. It is works i will get it posted.

Tintman7 Aug 12, 2019 9:23pm | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
I got ride of the move pending buttons. Did some weird stuff when editing orders. To many problems and not that important to me.

I did did make the font adjustable, no biggie and the hide button is setup and active

I am still working on the moving of the manager along with the adjust stop feature on the chart.

The 100/78/61 buttons are to place pending orders at those weekly pivot levels. You can adjust them to offset off the price and apply a grid.

I will include the indicator I used for trade manager when I post it. without it in your mt4 they wonít plot correctly.

Still testing it it as of now but working well
Click to Enlarge

Name: D56FD596-6159-4187-9FA1-2E38F99FEC6E.jpeg
Size: 486 KB

Tintman7 Aug 13, 2019 6:21pm | Post# 47

Ok so here is the new 4.0 version. Havent finished the back tester yet but working on it. I have been using it this week with no issues. Give it a shot on a demo account if you like.

You dont need to put the indicator on your chart just in your MT4 data file folder.

CHECK FIRST PAGE FOR EA AND INDI

Tintman7 Aug 13, 2019 7:51pm | Post# 48

Still working on:

-Button selection
-TP and SL adjust on chart
-Move on chart position
-Background color adjustment

I am more concerned with operation then the looks of the manager. Not that i dont want it to look good, but operation and features are more important to me at this time.

Glad FF is getting some use out of it as am I. Hopefully more users can benefit from this. Let me know any ideas you may have.

Cheers

Tintman7 Aug 13, 2019 7:55pm | Post# 49

Here is the Back Test Version

ONLY BACK TEST

CHECK FIRST PAGE FOR EA

cinalex Aug 14, 2019 3:59am | Post# 50

I am more concerned with operation then the looks of the manager. Not that i dont want it to look good, but operation and features are more important to me at this time

sth about stoploss
i never use stoploss function. it's ok but i know that one day it'll be killed by a black swan.
we have to think of a way to deal with it.
over the web, cmillion.com, i found an interesting ea that sets two lines,up and down the price, moving, never be touched. but when a sharp movement appears, one of the lines that does not have enough time to avoid,must be hit to start working, and then.... surely it works for big news or so.

i discussed with the guy,the owner, if he could assist to change the function a little so that this ea can be a moving stoploss ea? he denied.

i think it'd be a way for stoploss. for example: while we place sell limits, a stoploss line shows up above, moving up or down synchronously with the tick, never being touched. if certain extream event suddenly happened, it can be hit and stoploss works.

do you think it's a good idea? or, improve it?

Tintman7 Aug 14, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 51

{quote} sth about stoploss i never use stoploss function. it's ok but i know that one day it'll be killed by a black swan. we have to think of a way to deal with it. over the web, cmillion.com, i found an interesting ea that sets two lines,up and down the price, moving, never be touched. but when a sharp movement appears, one of the lines that does not have enough time to avoid,must be hit to start working, and then.... surely it works for big news or so. i discussed with the guy,the owner, if he could assist to change the function a little so that...
I use a stop loss but not a hard stop close to current price. I only adjust close to the price when i am thinking it may go against me. My stops are large to handle the swings and spreads that come and go from the market opens and events and if the trades go in opposite direction i manually close them when i see the PA go against me, but i cant see coding the stop loss to move around during news or any event. I think the concept is good but not sure how i feel about the execution. It would have to rely on the server time and slippage from your broker which we al know happens. Just to risky for me. I would think that if you are unsure of what position to take before news, then the sidelines would be the best during news events and wait for the pull backs to get in again.

My stops are there to protect my account from disaster but not close enough to get hit. I am always checking my trades and the markets for what i see.

I dont think i will be adding this into the EA but thx for the comment.

Cheers

pipqueen18 Aug 14, 2019 10:27pm | Post# 52

hey tintman7, i too have started making $$ using davits pivots in the last 3 months. thanks for your trade manager. i will try it out. and many thanks for all your hard work!!!

this is quite nice so far!!!!!! do you have any plans to add a button for the R/S 38 level? i know this is not how davit trades, but sometimes price bounces between the 2 levels.

just a thought. this is still a very cool manager!!!!

thanks!

Tintman7 Aug 15, 2019 7:15am | Post# 53

hey tintman7, i too have started making $$ using davits pivots in the last 3 months. thanks for your trade manager. i will try it out. and many thanks for all your hard work!!! this is quite nice so far!!!!!! do you have any plans to add a button for the R/S 38 level? i know this is not how davit trades, but sometimes price bounces between the 2 levels. just a thought. this is still a very cool manager!!!! thanks!
No problem glad fellow pivot traders are getting some use out of it.

I did consider the 38 level but the pull backs I look for mainly are on the 61/78/100 levels. And price is normally close to those levels when itís ranging so I would use the pending in the grid with an offset price.

I will consider that button on the next update

thx for the comment

Cheers

Tintman7 Aug 18, 2019 8:25am | Post# 54

hey tintman7, i too have started making $$ using davits pivots in the last 3 months. thanks for your trade manager. i will try it out. and many thanks for all your hard work!!! this is quite nice so far!!!!!! do you have any plans to add a button for the R/S 38 level? i know this is not how davit trades, but sometimes price bounces between the 2 levels. just a thought. this is still a very cool manager!!!! thanks!
I added in the 38 levels. Just for fun. You will be able to select what buttons you want.

Cheers

Tintman7 Aug 18, 2019 8:33am | Post# 55

Newest update will have:

button selection
background color change
choose to show background or not
38 pivot level buttons
Cleaner button layout
optimized operation

Still have some other things going on. Here's what I have that I want to add:

Hide all objects on charts button
TP and SL change buttons
Adjust manager placement on chart

Let me know your thoughts or if you have any ideas

Cheers

pipqueen18 Aug 18, 2019 10:36am | Post# 56

Excellent tintman7! i'm looking forward to the next update! thanks!!!!

Tintman7 Aug 19, 2019 8:43pm | Post# 57

Just posted the new manager. Give it a look.

Anyone else dealing with the Oanda stops issues?

pipqueen18 Aug 19, 2019 10:16pm | Post# 58

Just posted the new manager. Give it a look. Anyone else dealing with the Oanda stops issues?
yes. i use oanda. i have 4 sell orders i placed manually this morning and the EA is trying to modify the order and i think its is trying to place the sl lower than the current price. i had to turn off the autotrading button.

p.s. your new version looks GREAT!!!

Tintman7 Aug 20, 2019 7:15am | Post# 59

Hey everyone found a issue with the buy buttons on V5. Just put the update up and working good.

Tintman7 Aug 20, 2019 7:16am | Post# 60

{quote} yes. i use oanda. i have 4 sell orders i placed manually this morning and the EA is trying to modify the order and i think its is trying to place the sl lower than the current price. i had to turn off the autotrading button. p.s. your new version looks GREAT!!!
Yea now they have to be different sizes. Cant set the same lot size for each trade. Ugh annoying

I also use LMFX as a broker and they do not have the same rules as Oanda.

© Forex Factory