Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Trade Manager for MT4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=936447)

Tintman7 Jul 28, 2019 8:39pm | Post# 1

8 Attachment(s)
Hello all traders,

I made this trade manager as a way to handle my swing trading. It has adjustable features that i am steadily working on.

It handles multiple trades and pairs at once along with dropping sell/ buy pending orders in a grid of your choosing. 3.0 version.

4.0 version has pending drop orders at PIVOT levels.

It was hard to find something that that met my needs.

So i made one myself.

Hope FF can make some use out of it while making it better

I am always working on it but if anyone else wants to try it out and give me some feed back that be great.

Its free so work with me so I can make it better. I am actively using it myself on a demo account and live account.

Running this back testing will not work as it runs on the timer on your CPU and not off Tick events FYI..If you want to test this put it on a demo account to test its functions before real money is used or use the TESTER version I created.

USE THIS TRADE MANAGER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! TEST IT TEST IT TEST IT before real money duh!!!

UPDATE:7/29/19
The close buttons are operational and everything is working as designed. Here is the new version. 2.0(41)

UPDATE 7/31/19
Found a few issues with pending orders. Also cleaned up some button operation. version 2.0(47)

UPDATE 7/31/19
Well you fix on thing find another. Nothing major but the trailing stop didn't seem to be right. It trailed but i didn't like it. Now i can see that its trailing and there is no delay. version 2.0 (53)

UPDATE 8/4/19
Here is the new update with just some fine tuning and better layout. version 3.0
I also put the "BACK TEST" version up as well.

UPDATE 8/5/2019
I just put up the back test version of the 3.0. So far all is working well.
DON'T USE THIS ON A LIVE ACCOUNT. IT IS NOT THE SAME SETUP. BACK TEST ONLY!!!! Its the .ex4 labeled "TRADE MAN 3.0 TESTER"

UPDATE 8/13/2019
Just put up the 4.0 version of this. Also included the indicator for the pivot levels but you dont need to load it on your chart. You just need to put it in your data folder. Once the EA is running and you click on one of the pivot level buttons, it will placing pending orders at them. You can adjust the offset of those orders off the pivot lines as well. Anyone who trades pivots knows that they dont always hit the pivots exactly and i like to move them around. Tester version is to follow.

UPDATE 8/19/2019
Here is the newest update. Pivot points are setup for pending orders at 100/78/61/38 levels. Also i have been using the buttons with no back ground and i like it without. So you can type what font you want and the back ground color as well.
Test it on a demo 1st before real money as always!!!

If you are using Oanda they just put in a new FIFO rule that you cant set the same lot size with a stop and profit set. Has to be different lot sizes. I suggest remove your stops from the trade manager and when your pending get hit (make sure you have alerts) then add your stop loss when your in.

UPDATE 8/20/2019
Found a issue with the buy buttons. Fixed and working well. New version 5.1
TRADE MAN 3.0.ex4
TRADE MAN 3.0 TESTER.ex4
Auto-Pivot_Plotter_Weekly_V2__3 (1).ex4
Name:  Buttons 3.0.PNG
Views: 469
Size:  6 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Settings 3.0.PNG
Size: 42 KB
TRADE MAN 4.0 TESTER.ex4
Name:  BTN 5.0.PNG
Views: 209
Size:  7 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: SET5.0.PNG
Size: 57 KB
TRADE MAN 5.1.ex4

Tintman7 Jul 28, 2019 8:43pm | Post# 2

It runs on the timer on your CPU and not the tick, the only function that waits for a tick is the break even and the trailing stop.

cinalex Jul 28, 2019 11:53pm | Post# 3

a nice panel! thanks.

1, didn't find button of sell/buy limit? actually i set limit pending more.
2, one button could be ok for stoploss arrangement. users can adjust according to one's habit?

just a suggest.

cinalex Jul 28, 2019 11:55pm | Post# 4

sorry, i just find butten for limit orders. may be just change the name on the button so that to make it clearer.

thanks

Tintman7 Jul 29, 2019 6:41am | Post# 5

sorry, i just find butten for limit orders. may be just change the name on the button so that to make it clearer. thanks
No problem. Buy/sell 1 are the pending orders set 1 and Buy/sell 2 are the second set of orders. The stops and take profits are adjustable to what ever size you want.

Thx for the comment.

Tintman7 Jul 29, 2019 10:29am | Post# 6

a nice panel! thanks. 1, didn't find button of sell/buy limit? actually i set limit pending more. 2, one button could be ok for stoploss arrangement. users can adjust according to one's habit? just a suggest.
I like having a few choices for moving my stops. Sometimes i want them close and sometimes i want them to trail but with 15-25 orders going on one pair i want to be able to update them all at once and add to the position.

Tintman7 Jul 29, 2019 1:16pm | Post# 7

Working on a update that is not allowing the trades to be closed by the close buttons. All other functions are working great so far. Seems to be just a close issue.

Tintman7 Jul 29, 2019 10:59pm | Post# 8

The spread filter is only for the buy now buttons.

cinalex Jul 29, 2019 11:34pm | Post# 9

a button for pending order's all closing could be helpful? i think so. in case you want to replace them.

cinalex Jul 29, 2019 11:46pm | Post# 10

hi, by the way: sometimes we do need a magic number button, don't we? with different tf and pairs? i usually set it to differ sell and buy.

fxtrader98 Jul 30, 2019 3:13am | Post# 11

It runs on the timer on your CPU and not the tick???

Tintman7 Jul 30, 2019 6:35am | Post# 12

It runs on the timer on your CPU and not the tick???
Correct meaning that the program won't work on a back test because there is no timer in the back test. The timer is set to run every 1 second. Verse waiting for a tick to happen to excited the button pushes.

Tintman7 Jul 30, 2019 6:36am | Post# 13

hi, by the way: sometimes we do need a magic number button, don't we? with different tf and pairs? i usually set it to differ sell and buy.
When you change pairs on the screen it will automatically switch all functions to that pair. So the buy or sell now or the pending buttons.

Tintman7 Jul 30, 2019 1:20pm | Post# 14

a button for pending order's all closing could be helpful? i think so. in case you want to replace them.
There is a delete all pending orders button already. Are you referring to that? It deletes all pending on that pair

Tintman7 Jul 30, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 15

My focus at the moment is the over all operation of the manager. I am going to start to work on the looks of it as well. I want to make the buttons easier to read and alittle more modern looking instead of the plain look it has now.

So far i have used this all day on my live account with no issues to report.

cinalex Jul 30, 2019 9:40pm | Post# 16

When you change pairs on the screen it will automatically switch all functions to that pair. So the buy or sell now or the pending buttons.

thanks. i run another sort of ea on mt4s over vps, the panel is used to open first sell/buy manually, leaving the rest job to ea then and if necessary, adjust the deals at home with laptop. just in case of confusion i used to set magic numbers for the running ea and myself.

i like your ea, it owns more function and easier to install on mt4 than other ones i ever found. hope to have the honor of having one of your final work?

thank you in advance.

Tintman7 Jul 31, 2019 12:00am | Post# 17

{quote} thanks. i run another sort of ea on mt4s over vps, the panel is used to open first sell/buy manually, leaving the rest job to ea then and if necessary, adjust the deals at home with laptop. just in case of confusion i used to set magic numbers for the running ea and myself. i like your ea, it owns more function and easier to install on mt4 than other ones i ever found. hope to have the honor of having one of your final work? thank you in advance.
Thx glad you do. Thinking of adding in some move pending order buttons...

GSquared Jul 31, 2019 5:10pm | Post# 18

I've been looking for something like this. I'll download and try it out.

Thanks

Tintman7 Jul 31, 2019 6:33pm | Post# 19

I've been looking for something like this. I'll download and try it out. Thanks
Make sure you download the new version. I just put it up.

Tintman7 Aug 1, 2019 4:49pm | Post# 20

Got some more updates to roll out next week. Nothing major but i am thinking the following:

-Add MOVE PD 1 or MOVE PD 2 for pending orders to move in xx pips in either direction when clicked. That way you dont have to delete the orders when prices moves the opposite way, you can keep moving them with the price. Adjustable of course

-Status messages for when buttons are clicked for operation confirmation

-Trailing stop updates to maybe have the button stay clicked until you unclick it

Anything ideas that you have feel free to post them and i will consider them into the system.

© Forex Factory