Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Spoof's Trading Made Simple(r) Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=935347)

mtacki Aug 14, 2019 2:30am | Post# 601

Taking a shot at the EURUSD breaking this range to the downside. Tight stop on this one. It's only gone about half its average weekly range thus far this week so I'm hoping to catch a nice move {image}
I like how you shrank the lower indicator window so that you can only see the color of the bars !
enough, isn’t it ?

or was that just a temporary thing ??

EDIT:

oh now I found out... it's the smTMMS Oscillator_tape

Anyone who also missed this...
see Post #464

TheSpoof Aug 14, 2019 12:40pm | Post# 602

Nice alternative to remotely controlling a machine. Iíll have to look into this when I travel next.

TheSpoof Aug 14, 2019 1:06pm | Post# 603

1 Attachment(s)
OK...got my downside breakout of that huge range EURUSD had been in. Stop moved defensively to 50% of my risk in case this is a false break. Time to let this ride and see what the market gives me. I have a take profit set for 6R in case price happens to make it that far.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD+H4.png
Size: 97 KB

Supreme1394 Aug 14, 2019 1:11pm | Post# 604

1 Attachment(s)
AJ crossover short

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 127 KB

handysniper Aug 14, 2019 1:16pm | Post# 605

3 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 60 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 61 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 59 KB

4xu2 Aug 14, 2019 1:23pm | Post# 606

OK...got my downside breakout of that huge range EURUSD had been in. Stop moved defensively to 50% of my risk in case this is a false break. Time to let this ride and see what the market gives me. I have a take profit set for 6R in case price happens to make it that far. {image}
Look left!

jado911 Aug 14, 2019 4:05pm | Post# 607

{quote} Nice alternative to remotely controlling a machine. Iíll have to look into this when I travel next.
Personally, I don't use it but is an option. I run a VM on a Qnap unit at home to run my notifications to my phone and trailing stops EA, I log in from my work laptop to trade in the evening or when traveling

mtacki Aug 14, 2019 5:01pm | Post# 608

1 Attachment(s)
took this continuation short 2 candles ago... anyone in this ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4.png
Size: 33 KB

TheSpoof Aug 14, 2019 6:38pm | Post# 609

1 Attachment(s)
TRADING TIP
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_7999.jpg
Size: 127 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 14, 2019 6:47pm | Post# 610

TRADING TIP {image}

Supreme1394 Aug 15, 2019 4:48am | Post# 611

1 Attachment(s)
Update : AJ stopped out for -1R, I should have been more mindful of the range on the left

Click to Enlarge

Size: 164 KB

mtacki Aug 15, 2019 5:15am | Post# 612

1 Attachment(s)
waiting for the HA to close below the HMA...
lots of room for a potential move down !?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH4.png
Size: 40 KB

carmelina Aug 15, 2019 5:41am | Post# 613

I don't know about that. First, it has to break all that support to the left. I've had some lousy trades lately and I'm beginning to think that support and resistance has a big role to play in trading. Momentum doesn't seem to be enough. What does everyone think?

TheSpoof Aug 15, 2019 8:47am | Post# 614

waiting for the HA to close below the HMA... lots of room for a potential move down !? {image}
I am in this trade from earlier...stop is moved to just past break even.

TheSpoof Aug 15, 2019 8:49am | Post# 615

I don't know about that. First, it has to break all that support to the left. I've had some lousy trades lately and I'm beginning to think that support and resistance has a big role to play in trading. Momentum doesn't seem to be enough. What does everyone think?
Sure, you need to look at these things, but again, they fail as often as they work. It's ultimately up to you if you want to add additional factors into your trading. It has been a terrible month so far - price i just going sideways on so many pairs. There is a reason many traders sit out in August (and December). I am starting to think I will do the same for the rest of the month.

TheSpoof Aug 15, 2019 8:53am | Post# 616

1 Attachment(s)
Well...this month has been horrible down just a little under 3R so far. I am hoping that my EURUSD and/or USOUSD trades go for 3-4R to make up my losses this week. I am almost sure I will be sitting out the rest of the month. Many traders have warned about trading during the summer months and apparently for good reason.
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_7880.jpg
Size: 303 KB

carmelina Aug 15, 2019 9:34am | Post# 617

Well...this month has been horrible down just a little under 3R so far. I am hoping that my EURUSD and/or USOUSD trades go for 3-4R to make up my losses this week. I am almost sure I will be sitting out the rest of the month. Many traders have warned about trading during the summer months and apparently for good reason. {image}
Thanks, TS, I was beginning to think that the system doesn't work. It's been terrible for me the past week. I'll persevere for a bit longer.

TheSpoof Aug 15, 2019 9:52am | Post# 618

{quote} Thanks, TS, I was beginning to think that the system doesn't work. It's been terrible for me the past week. I'll persevere for a bit longer.
The system is fine. We are just in a bad market right now. Nothing we can do about it if the market isn't giving us good trades. All we can do is manage our losses as best we can and let those wins run to make up for the losses. These are the times where the rubber hits the road. This is when we need the discipline and patience to keep placing and managing our trades and not hopping to other systems. THAT BEHAVIOUR IS PRECISELY WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO STOP.

TheSpoof Aug 15, 2019 10:17am | Post# 619

Going forward I am going to trade this system on both the four hour (TE shown here) and the daily charts (different broker) to see if one is generally more reliable than the other. I am going to take 2R profits on the four hour charts and I am going to let trades run on the daily charts via the indicators. There are some nice advantages to end of day trading that I miss

handysniper Aug 15, 2019 11:29am | Post# 620

1 Attachment(s)
That downward spike made my day.....

Click to Enlarge

Size: 59 KB

© Forex Factory