Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Spoof's Trading Made Simple(r) Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=935347)

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 6:02pm | Post# 481

I am toying with the idea of adding the SP500 to the trading list for some exposure into the stock market.

Bleemus Aug 11, 2019 6:45pm | Post# 482

I am toying with the idea of adding the SP500 to the trading list for some exposure into the stock market.

Should be some good short opportunities in it in the next few months!

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 6:49pm | Post# 483

1 Attachment(s)
Trading week is on, guys. Let's trade well this week. Trade your plan, keep losses in check and hopefully our chosen markets smarten up a bit this week and we can grab some profits. I am currently short GBPUSD and GBPAUD from last week with stops trailed to break even.
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_7875.jpg
Size: 136 KB

Camaney Aug 11, 2019 8:30pm | Post# 484

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I had good results last week using this method, I am planing to continue with the same plan this week.
I wish everyone a very good week.

For now, I am watching the AJ very closely, waiting for the H4 candle to complete.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY081119.JPG
Size: 197 KB

binnie Aug 12, 2019 12:42am | Post# 485

2 Attachment(s)
Happy Monday to all -
My Monday watchlist:
Click to Enlarge

Name: AU_set_up_12_aug.png
Size: 67 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NU_setup_12_aug.png
Size: 60 KB

josi Aug 12, 2019 12:53am | Post# 486

{quote} I'm going to ignore the condescending, disrespectful and mocking tone of your post - pretty big, arrogant balls you have questioning (in that manner) why I am doing what I do, but I'll answer you anyway.
First of all: I apologize if I hurt your feelings in any way. It certainly wasn't my intention and I still don't understand what your interpretation of my post might have been.
How was my post "condescending, disrespectful and mocking"?
I made an observation:
a) you said: Keep it simple
b) you said: I don't use the HMA hardly anymore
Does that imply a question?
I am willing to learn from others. In order to be able to do this you have to ask.
If someone asks: Why do you like wine although you hate grapes. Does that deserve an answer or a rant?

TheSpoof Aug 12, 2019 1:28am | Post# 487

{quote} First of all: I apologize if I hurt your feelings in any way. It certainly wasn't my intention and I still don't understand what your interpretation of my post might have been. How was my post "condescending, disrespectful and mocking"? I made an observation: a) you said: Keep it simple b) you said: I don't use the HMA hardly anymore Does that imply a question? I am willing to learn from others. In order to be able to do this you have to ask. If someone asks: Why do you like wine although you hate grapes. Does that deserve an answer or a...
I am not going to argue with you. I am well aware of what I have said. This is my journal and an ongoing, evolving process of what I am doing and things are going to change. I said I barely look at the HMA I didn't said I don't use it and you somehow manage to imply that I am not keeping my trading simple because I am evaluating the purpose of HMA? Seriously? Your original post was not simply a question but was formed such that it had a distinct tone to it. If you have question state it without clever attempts to point out what you perceive to be as inconsistencies in what I am sharing. Now, I am done with this distraction - I don't want to hear anything more about it.

Marcusv007 Aug 12, 2019 2:00am | Post# 488

@spoof, nice work on this journal here good idea. I'm going to start trying that risk cal tool you shared with us from today - Thank you.

Question 1: Am I correct in thinking that you place and move your trailing stop manually or have I missed somewhere that you have a systematic means that it gets moved?

This week I intend to work on the idea of finding a trailing stop indi to tweak to my beliefs of the market and my style of trading. With the goal of it systematically locking in 2R, 3R, 4R, 5R, (with how much leeway) . At the moment I lock that in manually. ii) If I look at how I'm using TMSr with over 90% success om trades I wonder if the other method Emmanuel shared of opening 3 positions of risk and closing them off, well I think that's what I read im still doing the homework on it.

Question num2: This method that we use TMSr, do you feel like your more than half the time in your trades achieve 50% your risk or do you feel that you most of the time your trades are atleast hitting your 2R or maybe even more?

Lastly im curious, does that risk calculator allow for multiple entrys my guess is yes?
Thanks, sorry I hope I havent bombarded you with questions.

Ivanyo Aug 12, 2019 4:57am | Post# 489

Getting into CADJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD and EURAUD.

*Note not all these are not pairs that Spoof trades but they have valid setups as per Post #1. Enter at your own risk!

Jefflee Aug 12, 2019 4:59am | Post# 490

Hey Spoof, I am confused about trailing stop. I have read RH, Swing Man and your thread, and finally I found a very perfect system with a lot of amazing indicator and risk control.

Yes, I am using the H4 to enter the trade, but I dun know how many points should I put for the Trailing stop.

Can you share your experience about Trailing stop and the points too.

Thx in advance.
Best regards.

Supreme1394 Aug 12, 2019 5:04am | Post# 491

1 Attachment(s)
AU H4 short crossover trade

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 117 KB

40PipsAlan Aug 12, 2019 5:11am | Post# 492

AU H4 short crossover trade {image}
looks good to me, on it

ababias Aug 12, 2019 5:14am | Post# 493

Getting into CADJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD and EURAUD. *Note not all these are not pairs that Spoof trades but they have valid setups as per Post #1. Enter at your own risk!

I am in CADJPY & NZDUSD.
So far so good. CADJPY reached 1R and about to move the stop loss to BE.

I had to take a hit on EURNZD buy.

PhillipmC Aug 12, 2019 5:27am | Post# 494

{quote} I am in CADJPY & NZDUSD. So far so good. CADJPY reached 1R and about to move the stop loss to BE. I had to take a hit on EURNZD buy.
Ya me too looks like it's setting up again though I'll re enter I will wait for more confirmation tho eurnzd that is lol

Supreme1394 Aug 12, 2019 6:20am | Post# 495

1 Attachment(s)
Update : Last Week's GU trade stopped out at +0.66R

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 115 KB

Camaney Aug 12, 2019 8:04am | Post# 496

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an update from my previous post.
Is nice to wake up and see you're in profit, for this trade I did not trail my SL, just hit my TP at the S38 line.
It is also good to start the week with a winning trade.
Thanks again TS, so far it is proven we can make good profit using this method.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY081119-2.JPG
Size: 170 KB

Camaney Aug 12, 2019 8:07am | Post# 497

1 Attachment(s)
...and I took this trade on my DEMO account, so far in profit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDAD081119.JPG
Size: 212 KB

TheSpoof Aug 12, 2019 9:22am | Post# 498

2 Attachment(s)
GBPAUD and GBPUSD trades from last week were stopped out via trailing stop. The GBPAUD was a late entry for sure. These trades obviously didn't go as far as i would have liked and the market took me out for small profits. Onto the next trade set ups.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD+H4.png
Size: 78 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD+H4.png
Size: 75 KB

TheSpoof Aug 12, 2019 9:36am | Post# 499

@spoof, nice work on this journal here good idea. I'm going to start trying that risk cal tool you shared with us from today - Thank you. Question 1: Am I correct in thinking that you place and move your trailing stop manually or have I missed somewhere that you have a systematic means that it gets moved? This week I intend to work on the idea of finding a trailing stop indi to tweak to my beliefs of the market and my style of trading. With the goal of it systematically locking in 2R, 3R, 4R, 5R, (with how much leeway) . At the moment I lock that...
Answer 1: I move my stop manually and generally follow the parabolic SAR. For August I am attempting to do the same thing and lock in R multiples as the trade moves but the trick is when to do that so you don't get taken out too soon because of a small pullback. I haven't figured out a fool proof way to do that and I don't think there is. The best way perhaps is to just get stop moved to break even as soon as reasonably possible and then let the indicators tell me when to get out. This is an ongoing aspect for sure. However, if I decide to go back to setting a 2R take profit than trailing stops isn't so much of an issue.

Answer 2: From my observations trade signals often result in 1R and plenty of 2R opportunities. I really don't know the percentages of those trades. I do not take multiple positions nor do I think it is a good idea. I did a video (below) where I explained my thoughts behind the practice. I don't think it is worth the hassle. You would have to place multiple orders individually with that tool. Once you have your lines where you want them and your desired position sizes you'd just click the market (or pending if that's what you do) order button as many times as you want.

Inserted Video

TheSpoof Aug 12, 2019 9:39am | Post# 500

Hey Spoof, I am confused about trailing stop. I have read RH, Swing Man and your thread, and finally I found a very perfect system with a lot of amazing indicator and risk control. Yes, I am using the H4 to enter the trade, but I dun know how many points should I put for the Trailing stop. Can you share your experience about Trailing stop and the points too. Thx in advance. Best regards.
I don't trail based on points. I trail largely based on the parabolic SAR. If you want to trail based on points you could use some multiple of the ATR that suits you Every pair is going to move differently so you'll have to determine if one size fits all i.e. 2ATR or 3ATR or if you are going to use a different multiple for each pair you trade.

© Forex Factory