Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Spoof's Trading Made Simple(r) Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=935347)

moRTaL Aug 10, 2019 7:43am | Post# 461

Sorry, wrong chart. I meant this one {image}
no problem, thx for your reply

{quote} Hey moRTaL, Oh boy...do we really want to open this can of worms? I took this trade based on a different entry method and the fact that the smTMMS oscillator happened to jive was a bonus bit of confluence. Guys...don't forget that I was finding success with price action based methodologies that I am now starting to marry with with this system. I do not wish to confuse traders by adding more information when people can't consistently follow one method for several months and display that they have profitably mastered the concept and...
no problem, thx u v much for your explanation. yup, it is very important for me to succeed first in the TMSr method, before i move on to other stuff

moRTaL Aug 10, 2019 10:18am | Post# 462

1 Attachment(s)
Just want to share something similar that happened before, which have been mentioned in original TMSr thread post#2288 and this happened to me yesterday on NC demo.

On the left is MT5 real account, on the right is MT4 demo.

Main chart purple box => When i entered the short NC trade on MT4 demo the hull ma was green in both MT4 n MT5, but as time passes, the MT4 hull ma on the right changed pink, while MT5 hull ma on the left stays green as when it appeared initially. This is explained in original TMSr thread post#2293.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 95 KB

TheSpoof Aug 10, 2019 10:56am | Post# 463

2 Attachment(s)
Just want to share something similar that happened before, which have been mentioned in original TMSr thread post#2288 and this happened to me yesterday on NC demo. On the left is MT5 real account, on the right is MT4 demo. I entered the trade on MT4 demo as it was a large candle and entered it on a ~50% retrace and using a different SL system, which is why it is not closed yet as time passes .. Main chart purple box => When i entered the short NC trade on MT4 demo...
The tape looks like a great idea. It would certainly save some room on the charts As far as the Hull goes it will change as the current candle continues to change as it is reflecting the current price. Once the candle closes the HMA point should be plotted permanently. I am not sure what the parameters are that govern the color changes though and why that segment changed colour Honestly, I barely even look at the Hull these days. Much like the 5 EMA the Hull is in the correct position when the oscillator gives us the signal - it is largely redundant.

Here is the tape if anyone wants to use it. I will be switching over to it since is cleans up my charts even more - clean and simple. Thanks for this, moRTaL, good idea
smTMMS Oscillator_tape.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPY+H4.png
Size: 91 KB

moRTaL Aug 10, 2019 11:03am | Post# 464

{quote} The tape looks like a great idea. It would certainly save some room on the charts As far as the Hull goes it will change as the current candle continues to change as it is reflecting the current price. Once the candle closes the HMA point should be plotted permanently. I am not sure what the parameters are that govern the color changes though and why that segment changed colour Honestly, I barely even look at the Hull these days. Much like the 5 EMA the Hull is in the correct position when the oscillator gives...
ok TS, thx for your reply, just edited my post, i just know that post can not be deleted... lol... as i don't want to clutter your thread

TheSpoof Aug 10, 2019 11:07am | Post# 465

{quote} ok TS, thx for your reply, atm i will delete my post, as i don't want to clutter your thread
No need to delete it.

jado911 Aug 10, 2019 11:31am | Post# 466

{quote} HI jado911, Long ago I am looking for EA like this. Please can you tel me where to find it or send here? Regards Vesko
I'll share with you my favorite tool on the internet Link

EDIT:
it seems that LMGTFY is filled with adds, so here is where I found it https://www.fxdayjob.com/trailing-stop-loss-mt4

TheSpoof Aug 10, 2019 12:08pm | Post# 467

1 Attachment(s)
Name:  Screenshot_2.JPG
Views: 624
Size:  56 KB

40PipsAlan Aug 10, 2019 12:11pm | Post# 468

{image}
Yah, canít wait for another loss making week

TheSpoof Aug 10, 2019 1:03pm | Post# 469

{quote} Yah, canít wait for another loss making week
No way, man! Next week the market is going to smarten up for us!!

Ibar51 Aug 10, 2019 5:37pm | Post# 470

{quote} No way, man! Next week the market is going to smarten up for us!!
Hope you are right just finished going through charts needs a bit of action to get things moving, maybe with summer trading will have to be a bit more patient and selective

TheSpoof Aug 10, 2019 7:23pm | Post# 471

{quote} Hope you are right just finished going through charts needs a bit of action to get things moving, maybe with summer trading will have to be a bit more patient and selective
Iím starting to see the merit of taking August off. I wonder if I should listen to these guys and take Decembers off, too

40PipsAlan Aug 11, 2019 2:11am | Post# 472

{quote} Iím starting to see the merit of taking August off. I wonder if I should listen to these guys and take Decembers off, too
And September/October and November to make sure

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 10:29am | Post# 473

TRADING TIPS

1. Keep it simple.
  2. Plan your trade & trade your plan.
  3. Protect your trading capital.
  4. Use a comfortable position size and always place a stop loss.
  5. Cut your losses short (1R or less) & let your profits run.
  6. Never chase price.
  7. Trade what you see not what you think.
  8. Maintain discipline and patience.
  9. Track your performance.
  10. Keep it simple

Bleemus Aug 11, 2019 10:44am | Post# 474

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Spoof. Really enjoying this thread. I, too, am a big fan of trading set dollar amounts. I use the myfxbook calculator on my tablet which sits next to my laptop. Highly recommend it for those who need it and haven't committed to the tool you use yet.

Cheers,
Bleemus
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190811-081005.png
Size: 419 KB

josi Aug 11, 2019 2:02pm | Post# 475

{quote} Honestly, I barely even look at the Hull these days. Much like the 5 EMA the Hull is in the correct position when the oscillator gives us the signal - it is largely redundant. Here is the tape if anyone wants to use it. I will be switching over to it since is cleans up my charts even more - clean and simple. Thanks for this, moRTaL, good idea {file} {image}

Thanks for the tape.
In your rules you write: Keep it simple!
Twice!
If you don't need and use the HMA - why leave it on the chart?
How about: Simplify your chart?

Supreme1394 Aug 11, 2019 2:45pm | Post# 476

{quote} Thanks. I am trying to be as transparent as I can. I have nothing to hide so why not prove that I am actually trading with a real account and show the results. There are way too many traders taking advice from people that do not or will not prove their trading record. Why on earth so many traders take advice from these people is beyond me. I want to do things differently. I have a different view of money management than do most traders. I am not really interested in compounding my account into millions because from what I have seen that...
Hi Spoof, sorry for quoting an old post. May I ask why do you believe compounding your account into millions is a pipe dream? Logically speaking, if we can be successful with small money consistently, there is no reason why we can't compound our account into millions, unless your broker starts playing tricks on you. We are also not scalpers, so slippages on H4 are not a concern with huge lots. I would love to hear your point of view.

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 5:24pm | Post# 477

{quote} Thanks for the tape. In your rules you write: Keep it simple! Twice! If you don't need and use the HMA - why leave it on the chart? How about: Simplify your chart?
I'm going to ignore the condescending, disrespectful and mocking tone of your post - pretty big, arrogant balls you have questioning (in that manner) why I am doing what I do, but I'll answer you anyway. Changing the parameters of an established methodology takes time, careful observation and forward testing which is what I am doing. Don't worry, I'll let folks know if and when I decide to change things up and the precise reasons for doing so - just like I have done since the beginning of this thread. Traders can then make their own informed decisions based on the information presented. In the mean time, if you don't like what or how I am sharing things here you are more than free to disappear from MY trading journal.

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 5:27pm | Post# 478

{quote} Hi Spoof, sorry for quoting an old post. May I ask why do you believe compounding your account into millions is a pipe dream? Logically speaking, if we can be successful with small money consistently, there is no reason why we can't compound our account into millions, unless your broker starts playing tricks on you. We are also not scalpers, so slippages on H4 are not a concern with huge lots. I would love to hear your point of view.
Show me anyone who's verifiably done it and they will the be exception that proves my point. I operate in the real world not a fantasy one invented by marketers selling dreams. If you believe you can compound a reasonable retail trading account into millions then go right ahead and do so - all the power to you.

Supreme1394 Aug 11, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 479

{quote} Show me anyone who's verifiably done it and they will the be exception that proves my point. I operate in the real world not a fantasy one invented by marketers selling dreams. If you believe you can compound a reasonable retail trading account into millions then go right ahead and do so - all the power to you.
I appreciate your view. No offense was meant in my post, just wanted to know your point of view. I'm a fan of your youtube videos and I'm a novice in TMSr. I hope you don't mind me posting my live trades as they happen in your journal, will update them with results too. Let's learn and excel together.

TheSpoof Aug 11, 2019 5:59pm | Post# 480

{quote} I appreciate your view. No offense was meant in my post, just wanted to know your point of view. I'm a fan of your youtube videos and I'm a novice in TMSr. I hope you don't mind me posting my live trades as they happen in your journal, will update them with results too. Let's learn and excel together.
No offense taken. I am a frank person and don't care to beat around the bush. Post away, but keep them on topic por favor

© Forex Factory