Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Renko Scalper / Strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=932553)

vdubus Jul 14, 2019 4:59pm | Post# 1

Renko Scalper / Strategy

2 Attachment(s)
By request I've put together a really simple trend following Renko strategy to accommodate the compound money management EA trade panel, but consistent even by it's self

Attachment 3385507

Inserted Video

Renko Scalper.zip

mfaris12 Jul 14, 2019 9:58pm | Post# 2

renko is repaint

vdubus Jul 15, 2019 1:06am | Post# 3

renko is repaint
renko isnt an indicator it a range based candle stick

& I use mean renko so the price is the true. You need to understand maybe how a renko bar & heiken ashi candles are formed the build up from the middle out so you need to wait for a full candle close.

vivaldi2 Jul 15, 2019 3:47am | Post# 4

Hi vdubus, I'm a fan of your strategies and this one really seems great, gonna start your new strategy on demo this week .

vdubus Jul 15, 2019 6:36am | Post# 5

Hi vdubus, I'm a fan of your strategies and this one really seems great, gonna start your new strategy on demo this week .
Thanks vivaldi2
you'll like this one
Use basic structure & you can pretty much anticipate where the signals are going to be.

cardm3n Jul 15, 2019 12:15pm | Post# 6

Hello vdubus. In the video, you mentioned the compound MM EA. Where can I find this EA? Its not in your zip file, but I cant find it anywhere else. Thanks.

Atheos Jul 15, 2019 12:32pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Looks interesting and thanks for sharing.

Downloading indicators and apply template seems to give me something quite far from what you have set up?

Any ideas?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 77 KB

havo Jul 15, 2019 1:45pm | Post# 8

Remove heiken ashi !!! you dont need to average/smooth the price with renko, learn to read them, use basic principles on what the price its doing and painting in the chart and you are set.. Hell, even a single moving average its enough in this case too

Learn to read renko with OHLC (THAT include wicks) FOR REAL and thats all you need to make money..

Oh and whoever said that renko repaints, no it doesnt repaints UNLESS you are using a really shitty/subpar generator in the first place (it can be fixed easily too)

vdubus Jul 15, 2019 2:24pm | Post# 9

Hi, Looks interesting and thanks for sharing. Downloading indicators and apply template seems to give me something quite far from what you have set up? Any ideas? {image}
press the button on the renko bar to open up an offline chart

vdubus Jul 15, 2019 2:30pm | Post# 10

Hello vdubus. In the video, you mentioned the compound MM EA. Where can I find this EA? Its not in your zip file, but I cant find it anywhere else. Thanks.
this is a strategy designed for the EA. you can find links to the EA on my website

vdubus Jul 15, 2019 2:54pm | Post# 11

Remove heiken ashi !!! you dont need to average/smooth the price with renko, learn to read them, use basic principles on what the price its doing and painting in the chart and you are set.. Hell, even a single moving average its enough in this case too Learn to read renko with OHLC (THAT include wicks) FOR REAL and thats all you need to make money.. Oh and whoever said that renko repaints, no it doesnt repaints UNLESS you are using a really shitty/subpar generator in the first place (it can be fixed easily too)
People love to use indicators. range bar teaches the basics of structure & risk management. To risk less win more

aweforex Jul 16, 2019 2:23am | Post# 12

HI vdubus, which are the Parameters on the indis?.Regards

vdubus Jul 16, 2019 6:34am | Post# 13

HI vdubus, which are the Parameters on the indis?.Regards
apply the template it's all ready set to go

Simontw Jul 16, 2019 8:14am | Post# 14

Even without the EA which I am very tempted to get the template is already really cool and useful.

Do you change the brick size for different pairs or just keep as it currently is.

Going to load up all the majors and some crosses and wait for some alerts.

Merka Jul 16, 2019 8:58am | Post# 15

@vdubus

I reviewed your compauding strategy and it make sense.
For this type of snowballing MM to work you need a very good trading strategy with high win rate from +80% and above because otherwise is hard to get 3 wins in a raw.

Do you have some statistics for this renk scalping?

Thanks

vdubus Jul 16, 2019 10:14am | Post# 16

Even without the EA which I am very tempted to get the template is already really cool and useful. Do you change the brick size for different pairs or just keep as it currently is. Going to load up all the majors and some crosses and wait for some alerts.
Renko is different for each pair you'll have to play around to find one you feel comfy with.

vdubus Jul 16, 2019 10:20am | Post# 17

@vdubus I reviewed your compauding strategy and it make sense. For this type of snowballing MM to work you need a very good trading strategy with high win rate from +80% and above because otherwise is hard to get 3 wins in a raw. Do you have some statistics for this renk scalping? Thanks
This is why I designed the EA for that very reason but you math is wrong.
example: $25 x 3 compound = $25 + $50 + $100 = $200 Total profit = $175 divided by $25 = 7 x $25 to win again.
Employing Renko this makes is visually possible to achieve all three compounded entries in one trade execution

Merka Jul 16, 2019 10:31am | Post# 18

{quote} This is why I designed the EA for that very reason but you math is wrong. example: $25 x 3 compound = $25 + $50 + $100 = $200 Total profit = $175 divided by $25 = 7 x $25 to win again. Employing Renko this makes is visually possible to achieve all three compounded entries in one trade execution
Hi
I understood very well if we hit all 3 compounds we have 7 more attempts before we finish the original 25$.

My question was:
Based on your personal experience using your strategies (you shared more than one) is it possible to achieve 3 wins in a raw easily? The answer is probably no.
How often do you get 3 consecutive wins in a week (or month)?
What about if after 7 tries we don't get any 3 consecutive win. Do we stop trading?

vdubus Jul 16, 2019 11:24am | Post# 19

{quote} Hi I understood very well if we hit all 3 compounds we have 7 more attempts before we finish the original 25$. My question was: Based on your personal experience using your strategies (you shared more than one) is it possible to achieve 3 wins in a raw easily? The answer is probably no. How often do you get 3 consecutive wins in a week (or month)? What about if after 7 tries we don't get any 3 consecutive win. Do we stop trading?
pretty often :/
even by my trading view projection prove to be pretty consistent https://www.tradingview.com/u/vdubus/

NoNonSenseFX Jul 16, 2019 11:52am | Post# 20

By request I've put together a really simple trend following Renko strategy to accommodate the compound money management EA trade panel, but consistent even by it's self {image} https://youtu.be/j-AP9cJmeVI {file}
is this EA "compound money management EA trade panel" free or need to buy from you?

© Forex Factory