Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   RBA System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=930790)

robots4me Jul 31, 2019 12:32am | Post# 481

Two things on the dashboard. First a question with Auto Exit Enabled and a TP/SL set. Does this mean that EA will auto exit at the designated percentage of ADR for the TP or at chosen exit method like crossing midline.....whichever comes first? Also momentum filter setting showing on screen but not in the settings. Safety disclaimer: Yes I have read the thread
Hello @Simontw...

with Auto Exit Enabled and a TP/SL set. Does this mean that EA will auto exit at the designated percentage of ADR for the TP or at chosen exit method like crossing midline
Yes...
Okay -- a bit more details. TP (and SL) is registered with your broker at the time an order is placed. It always takes precedence. If the TP is reached then the broker closes the order -- regardless of the ADR, Exit condition, etc.

As long as the SL and TP have not been hit then the algorithm continues to execute until an Exit condition has been met.

I'm glad you are taking a look at the AutoExit feature. I coded it and I think/hope it should work, but since it can't be tested in Strategy Tester and since I'm not about to sit around waiting for Exit conditions, then I can't say it has been well tested.

Also momentum filter setting showing on screen but not in the settings.
Good question... There was a time when a Momentum filter was included as an optional setting. But we found Consecutive Candles worked better so it was removed. I decided to leave that Momentum column in the dashboard EA because I think Momentum is still interesting, but it is not used for detecting signals.

EDIT: @Simontw -- I'm not referring to you...
Before anyone asks -- the answer is 'no' -- the Momentum filter will not be re-added to the BD algorithm.

Simontw Jul 31, 2019 12:38am | Post# 482

{quote} Hello @Simontw... {quote} Yes... Okay -- a bit more details. TP (and SL) is registered with your broker at the time an order is placed. It always takes precedence. If the TP is reached then the broker closes the order -- regardless of the ADR, Exit condition, etc. As long as the SL and TP have not been hit then the algorithm continues to execute until an Exit condition has been met. I'm glad you are taking a look at the AutoExit feature. I coded it and I think/hope it should work, but since it can't be tested in Strategy Tester and since...
Thank you for clarifying. I have turned auto exit on so will see if it triggers.

robots4me Jul 31, 2019 12:46am | Post# 483

The reason why I modified my name is because I overwrite it in a folder, and it is modified to (1) later.And can I use two new and old versions together after that?I was curious, so I tried it, and it turned out to be an error.I'm sorry for any misunderstanding because I didn't use it for anything malicious.
I didn't use it for anything malicious.
@spae11 -- I know and I trust you.

Robot Trader Jul 31, 2019 12:53am | Post# 484

{quote} Hello @Simontw... {quote} Yes... Okay -- a bit more details. TP (and SL) is registered with your broker at the time an order is placed. It always takes precedence. If the TP is reached then the broker closes the order -- regardless of the ADR, Exit condition, etc. As long as the SL and TP have not been hit then the algorithm continues to execute until an Exit condition has been met. I'm glad you are taking a look at the AutoExit feature. I coded it and I think/hope it should work, but since it can't be tested in Strategy Tester and since...
Hi R4M,

Question, why can't the Auto Exit be tested in Strategy Tester, I have a number of EA's that close trades before the Broker fixed SL is reached, based on Exit parameters, which work OK in Strategy Tester?

Regards

RT

bishopdotun Jul 31, 2019 1:04am | Post# 485

{quote} Hi R4M, Question, why can't the Auto Exit be tested in Strategy Tester, I have a number of EA's that close trades before the Broker fixed SL is reached, based on Exit parameters, which work OK in Strategy Tester? Regards RT
The Autoexit here is the one on multipair dashboard for manual trading.

robots4me Jul 31, 2019 1:06am | Post# 486

{quote} Hi R4M, Question, why can't the Auto Exit be tested in Strategy Tester, I have a number of EA's that close trades before the Broker fixed SL is reached, based on Exit parameters, which work OK in Strategy Tester? Regards RT

@Robot Trader -- because it is a dashboard EA with many pairs. You manually open a trade by pressing a button. The idea behind the AutoExit is to partially automate trading -- that is, you manually open a trade and then walk away. When enabled, the AutoExit code is nearly identical to the Exit code for the single and AllPair trading EAs.

Robot Trader Jul 31, 2019 1:31am | Post# 487

{quote} @Robot Trader -- because it is a dashboard EA with many pairs. You manually open a trade by pressing a button. The idea behind the AutoExit is to partially automate trading -- that is, you manually open a trade and then walk away. When enabled, the AutoExit code is nearly identical to the Exit code for the single and AllPair trading EAs.
Hi R4M,

I see, so sorry to ask, but does the AutoExit, close each pair individually should they have a basket of trades in profit or does the AutoExit look at how all the 28 pairs are performing and when they have reached say 5% profit collectively across all 28 pairs then the EA closes them all out and starts again.

I just wondered if the EA took the 28 pairs or how many pairs are open (even though you manually set the process going) as one big trade within the account and therefore was not interested if some were losing money providing the 28 pairs offset each others losses and added to the account at all times, when the AutoExit kicked in.

Regards

RT

robots4me Jul 31, 2019 1:58am | Post# 488

{quote} Hi R4M, I see, so sorry to ask, but does the AutoExit, close each pair individually should they have a basket of trades in profit or does the AutoExit look at how all the 28 pairs are performing and when they have reached say 5% profit collectively across all 28 pairs then the EA closes them all out and starts again. I just wondered if the EA took the 28 pairs or how many pairs are open (even though you manually set the process going) as one big trade within the account and therefore was not interested if some were losing money providing...
@Robot Trader -- it's not that complicated. It's the same logic as the single and AllPairs trading EAs. Each pair is treated individually. If you have 5 open GBPJPY trades and an Exit signal is generated, then all GBPJPY positions are closed.

And when you think about the (simple) underlying logic and the Entry and Exit conditions, then I believe that is the right thing to do. That is -- trades may be scaled in, but when an Exit signal occurs then it is time to close them all.

bishopdotun Jul 31, 2019 10:16am | Post# 489

4 Attachment(s)
KISS.....

I converted the default Japanese candle sticks to HA candle sticks.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 4D898AA3-845E-4968-AEBA-04D222C760BD.jpeg
Size: 1.1 MB

Click to Enlarge

Name: 8C1E3CD6-C042-4458-A702-062F40B008EC.jpeg
Size: 1.0 MB

Click to Enlarge

Name: F80E9BF3-4E54-4670-AA22-20F969A3AAE7.jpeg

Click to Enlarge

Name: 0C8B028B-5AC6-44C2-9E7F-5E70E9BEC50A.jpeg
Size: 1.2 MB

chinchin50 Jul 31, 2019 6:53pm | Post# 490

KISS..... I converted the default Japanese candle sticks to HA candle sticks. {image} {image} {image} {image}
Are these automated exits? What are you tp conditions?

bishopdotun Jul 31, 2019 9:18pm | Post# 491

{quote} Are these automated exits? What are you tp conditions?
At least try to read the first page..... and a few pages of the thread.

The answer would be starring you in the eye.

robots4me Aug 1, 2019 12:26am | Post# 492

{quote} Are these automated exits? What are you tp conditions?
@chinchin50 -- since he is using the indicator by itself then I assume he is trading manually. In which case there would be no automated exits and the SL/TP conditions are up to you. The default SL/TP for the EAs are fractions of the ADR. If you are manually trading then you would need to calculate these yourself.

bishopdotun Aug 1, 2019 2:09am | Post# 493

On MM and Minimum distance....

There is no need to develop another EA.

Over at SHF, there are 2 EAs; TDESk and Desky(TDESk Trading drone).

Everything you are asking for is already there. The only thing that’s missing is RTs lot calculation method. Desky has a setting to calculate lot per balance or per equity.

@R4M just needs to make the BD Dashboard compatible with TDESk and you can fly. If anyone needs something complex, that’s where to go. It’s all there in TDESK. I don’t know about FF rules but a simple google search will take you there. I won’t share links.

bishopdotun Aug 1, 2019 2:53am | Post# 494

1 Attachment(s)
I am on this one...

Itís going to be a long journey to the upper band...

Click to Enlarge

Name: 326152E5-0659-4143-9525-77F43483E53A.jpeg
Size: 973 KB

Viktory Aug 1, 2019 4:06am | Post# 495

1 Attachment(s)
On MM and Minimum distance.... There is no need to develop another EA. Over at SHF, there are 2 EAs; TDESk and Desky(TDESk Trading drone). Everything you are asking for is already there. The only thing that’s missing is RTs lot calculation method. Desky has a setting to calculate lot per balance or per equity. @R4M just needs to make the BD Dashboard compatible with TDESk and you can fly. If anyone needs something complex, that’s where to go. It’s all there in TDESK. I don’t know about FF rules but a simple google search will take you there. I won’t...
@bishopdotun -- I'm not asking for anything close to develop a brand new EA, but just implementing two more useful simple features (simple but super effective); easier than making the BD Dashboard compatible with TDESk, and without the hassle of connecting it to other tools as you suggest, for every current and future users.

1. Trade lot-size calculation according to the "%ADR SL" setting already in use, and placing the desired percentage SL risk per trade based on equity/balance.
  2. Setting a "MinDistanceBetweenOrders" (farther-away = higher for sells & lower for buys) for every pair: if a trade is already open, don't trigger the following if the entry signal isn't at least at the same price level of the previous, or farther-away by "X%ADR" (being a dynamic variable depending on the ever-changing ADR, as the "SL/TP fraction of ADR" setting)... It simply allows to have fewer higher quality entries for continuous trades on the same pair, hence also contributing to better risk/exposure-management in order to not over-trade.

EDIT: Chart screenshot attached:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1_GBPJPYDaily.png
Size: 168 KB
Please think about it...

bishopdotun Aug 1, 2019 6:27am | Post# 496

2 Attachment(s)
Who else is trading?

Click to Enlarge

Name: 28979FC1-F0C2-4B69-B0AB-C73D361B69F8.jpeg
Size: 1.1 MB

Click to Enlarge

Name: 25F35C08-AA4D-40BC-9B70-96283CB9871A.jpeg

bishopdotun Aug 1, 2019 6:34am | Post# 497

{quote} @bishopdotun -- I'm not asking for anything close to develop a brand new EA, but just implementing two more useful simple features (simple but super effective); easier than making the BD Dashboard compatible with TDESk, and without the hassle of connecting it to other tools as you suggest, for every current and future users. Trade lot-size calculation according to the "%ADR SL" setting already in use, and placing the desired percentage SL risk per trade based on equity/balance. Setting a "MinDistanceBetweenOrders" (farther-away = higher...
Have you tried to use CC filter on H1 & H4? You will get fewer entries and the feature you are asking for would become redundant.

You call it 2 simple features. R4M will decide that. We all have simple features here and there to ask for. If he goes about implementing simple features, at some point the options become too many and difficult to understand. Add newbies coming in to ask basic questions about every feature repeatedly.

I am not against your suggestion neither am I in support. I doubt if the difference to the result will be significant. R4M and RT test results says no. In fact on H4 (using CC signal) you hardly get 2 signals per cycle. Test for yourself. On D1, with original recipe, why not break down your lots to microlots and catch as many signals as possible.

So..... I suggest that before R4M adds another feature, let us hunt down all the bugs in the current version. After that, we can deal this additional feature and many more that may be considered useful. In fact that's one of the objectives of this thread. To debate new features.

Viktory Aug 1, 2019 6:50am | Post# 498

{quote} Have you tried to use CC filter on H1 & H4? You will get fewer entries and the feature you are asking for would become redundant. You call it 2 simple features. R4M will decide that. We all have simple features here and there to ask for. If he goes about implementing simple features, at some point the options become too many and difficult to understand. Add newbies coming in to ask basic questions about every feature repeatedly. I am not against your suggestion neither am I in support. I doubt if the difference to the result will be significant....
Thank you very much for your kind replay ^^

I'll search and read about CC, as I'm probably missing something, from the times I was absent from the forum =S

And I agree with: "catching as many signals as possible", but only if they are farther-away (higher sells and lower buys) enough from the previous ones... That's why I think of "Max%ADR-DistanceBetweenTrades" as a very good simple complement that doesn't hurt to also have as a plus, being nothing "fancy" or extra complicated even for noobs.

bishopdotun Aug 1, 2019 10:42am | Post# 499

1 Attachment(s)
I am out of this one....$$

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 16.35.51.png
Size: 114 KB

jdva Aug 1, 2019 11:22am | Post# 500

2 Attachment(s)
I am out of this one....$$ {image}
me too, well done my friend...unfortunately too early out for just 29 pips...

Click to Enlarge

Name: UJ.png
Size: 52 KB

Overall not so bad for 24h manual trading live/demo...

Click to Enlarge

Name: Tradereport 1.8..png
Size: 23 KB

© Forex Factory