Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The end of the US stock market is nearing (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=929914)

jupiter_peak Dec 13, 2019 8:28am | Post# 261

1 Attachment(s)
28800 seems like a short term target. Little precious observed on the 30m/1h charts. pointing to the upside.

However, I think the market is indeed consolidating in preparation for an extended drop looking at the bigger picture.

Many of the fundamentals are at extremes. When the fundamentals are at extremes, there's a tendency to revert to the mean.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 8.23.59 AM.png
Size: 184 KB

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 3:03am | Post# 262

quite possible that yesterday November 13. 2019 we saw historical top on the DJIA for generations ahead... if not forever...

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 3:04am | Post# 263

28800 seems like a short term target. Little precious observed on the 30m/1h charts. pointing to the upside. However, I think the market is indeed consolidating in preparation for an extended drop looking at the bigger picture. Many of the fundamentals are at extremes. When the fundamentals are at extremes, there's a tendency to revert to the mean. {image}
it's not a diamond that you outlined here... at this point it's rather a broadening triangle still...

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 7:21pm | Post# 264

1 Attachment(s)
NIKKEI 225 confirms negative outlook for DJIA... also looks like a dual diagonal reversal diamond in the making on weekly charts... both indices are likely to start dropping right in the beginning of the coming week...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 814a4f7a-6eab-4e00-bdb8-014d2f7ed6ac.jpg
Size: 104 KB

Edd111111 Dec 14, 2019 7:35pm | Post# 265

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Igrok,
Also DJIA is showing a bearish butterfly at present in line with your expected drop this week and possibly weeks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: DJIA Bear Butterfly.png
Size: 31 KB

PeterE Dec 14, 2019 7:38pm | Post# 266

What are the stats on the diamond?
How often do they break up/ down?

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 7:49pm | Post# 267

What are the stats on the diamond? How often do they break up/ down?
there are six different possible shapes of diamonds... some of them are reversal, some are continuation and some can be both depending on circumstance... I described them all in my article published in November's 2018 issue of the "Stocks&Commodities Magazine"... the failure rate is quite low... I saw just one such a case...

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 7:53pm | Post# 268

Hi Igrok, Also DJIA is showing a bearish butterfly at present in line with your expected drop this week and possibly weeks. {image}
sure... this is the first time in my 26-year professional trading career when I wish to be completely wrong on my views and expectations...

PeterE Dec 14, 2019 8:02pm | Post# 269

There is a fee attached to that link, which may cause your thread to go to the commercial section.

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 8:04pm | Post# 270

There is a fee attached to that link, which may cause your thread to go to the commercial section.
I don't care... I don't get any royalty from that publication... they paid me just once for the article...

PeterE Dec 14, 2019 8:11pm | Post# 271

{quote} I don't care... I don't get any royalty from that publication... they paid me just once for the article...
it doesnt matter who gets the money

threads with links to services/products with fees are as a general rule forced to the commercial section

but if the commercial section is where you want your thread, then continue as you were

Igrok Dec 14, 2019 8:13pm | Post# 272

{quote} it doesnt matter who gets the money threads with links to services/products with fees are as a general rule forced to the commercial section but if the commercial section is where you want your thread, then continue as you were
OK... I removed the link...

Abe16 Dec 14, 2019 9:31pm | Post# 273

1 Attachment(s)
This whole thread is an advertisement. Now the reason for the sensationalism is clear.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 7.28.51 PM.png
Size: 598 KB

Abe16 Dec 14, 2019 9:53pm | Post# 274

2 Attachment(s)
States he's a fund manager since 1993
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 7.54.03 PM.png
Size: 288 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 7.51.33 PM.png
Size: 483 KB

BarberQc Dec 14, 2019 10:16pm | Post# 275

lmfao, interest rates must be gone for that scenario, will not happen sorry

Igrok Dec 15, 2019 12:44am | Post# 276

This whole thread is an advertisement. Now the reason for the sensationalism is clear. {image}
what a freaking idiot you're I've been in this business since forever... at least started long before the very first on-line trading platform was introduced to the retail market or you yourself heard about Forex for the fist time... years before the very first book about Forex went out of print... my own Forex book, that you're advertising now, was published way back in 2006 in three languages and used to be a bestseller... my book in English was published by Wiley - the oldest and the most reputable financial publisher in the US... the Japanese version of it was published by Pan Rolling in the "Wizards" series... it's already sold in tens of thousands of copies and I have kept a special thread on this very forum specifically dedicated to it and my method in general since then... https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=21887...

you've never heard of me before only because you're a dumb novice and apparently learned how to read just recently ... quite soon you also will be gone with the wind as it had happened to the generations of those FF participants that came and went before my eyes over those long years cause they couldn't survive... besides, I have never even mentioned about my book in this very thread... thanks a lot for a free add, pal... God save your stupid soul in the garbage can... amen...

Edd111111 Dec 15, 2019 2:50am | Post# 277

Hi All,
I am interested in why people think the market will continue to rise rather than regress, can anyone share either technical or fundamental analysis on why the market will continue to rise in either the near or longer term ? do you have any targets in mind or is it something that will continue from 2009 ? Thanks in advance.

ogbrugger Dec 15, 2019 2:57am | Post# 278

this is such a silly post , i know its really old and he probably knows he is wrong now, but we all must understand at this point there is no crash, we will not go through that crash again, But if you are expecting a recession then that is what you will get. We will not crash again because the banks will keep pumping. We are not in the pump and dump phase anymore, its just pump pump pump. Charts are the proof

Igrok Dec 15, 2019 3:34am | Post# 279

Hi All, I am interested in why people think the market will continue to rise rather than regress, can anyone share either technical or fundamental analysis on why the market will continue to rise in either the near or longer term ? do you have any targets in mind or is it something that will continue from 2009 ? Thanks in advance.
apparently there is no technical reasons to think this way... quite the opposite... on the fundamental side it mostly boils down to people's irrational belief that Fed will continue injecting huge amounts of freshly printed bucks into the market indefinitely and no matter what thus preventing it from falling... also we have to keep in mind that the most positive sentiment is always on the very top of a bullish trend and the most negative one is always on the very bottom of a bearish trend...

Edd111111 Dec 15, 2019 5:43am | Post# 280

Thanks Igrok,
Have you had a chance to further consider the USD index, perhaps short term up and then down or do you see it more as a continuation diamond on the USD index ?

© Forex Factory