Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The end of the US stock market is nearing (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=929914)

derekw Jan 6, 2020 4:45am | Post# 721

{quote} Phase 1 sign off is a confirmed thing isn't it?
Maybe things change because of the assassinations?

bystoyan Jan 6, 2020 5:07am | Post# 722

{quote} Phase 1 sign off is a confirmed thing isn't it?
I am left with the impression that its content is still not fully set and agreed.
"The report says that the plan is still to send vice premier Liu He to ink the deal and that the team will be in Washington from 13 January to 15 January. This supports the reported dates highlighted by the SCMP earlier today here.

As mentioned then, this is looking more of a when rather than if at this stage. Instead, market participants will look towards the details and fine prints of the deal in order to try and get a feel of how it influences US-China trade relations in the bigger picture."

Forex.RayV1 Jan 6, 2020 6:09am | Post# 723

On a different subject; If China agrees to Mr. President Trump and United States demand and compromise on their side of arguments and signs a deal then I would like UK and Europe to push for similar or better deal.

I would like Europe and UK to push for a great deal from China because it looks like Chinese govt. are prepared to compromise to US demands. If they do; why not get a better deal from this side of the continent? So Europe and UK please push for better deal! Why are we any different to US?

Edd111111 Jan 7, 2020 6:19am | Post# 724

1 Attachment(s)
HI Igrok and diamond enthusiasts, I have posted the 4hrly s&p below is the diamond correct thus far ?
Name:  sP500.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  120 KB

Igrok Jan 7, 2020 7:35am | Post# 725

HI Igrok and diamond enthusiasts, I have posted the 4hrly s&p below is the diamond correct thus far ? {image}

no... it's not a valid diamond... because there is no broadening triangle on the left side of this outlined formation... at least two legs are missing in there ... inability to identify this pattern is quite common problem among traders... I have seen numerous TA books that illustrate their chapters dedicated to diamonds with some charts depicting anything but the diamonds actually... even J.Murphy's classic TA textbook is faulty on this particular instance...
Inserted Video

Edd111111 Jan 8, 2020 5:36am | Post# 726

Thanks Igor,
I reread your book today (on diamonds the template section) and it is as you have advised here, the 3, 2 touch on the left triangle. thanks again for your persistent support of traders and of course trying to take their money

Igrok Jan 8, 2020 6:41am | Post# 727

Thanks Igor, I reread your book today (on diamonds the template section) and it is as you have advised here, the 3, 2 touch on the left triangle. thanks again for your persistent support of traders and of course trying to take their money
the diamonds are quite effective because of a very low rate of false signals that they may produce and larger profits at the end... though they are relatively rare being usually formed on longer-term charts... therefore for everyday activity I prefer the templates based on MM and ATR combination...

moarty Jan 8, 2020 7:56am | Post# 728

1 Attachment(s)
Igrok, hello. About early hours of daily Main Move. It's often an uneasy task to identify the specific change of MMD in Asian session. Can you give a tip about? How many 1H bars is enough to indicate intraday trend as FIRST main move since the beginnig of a day. Thanks.
Name:  Q about first MM change.png
Views: 475
Size:  5 KB

Igrok Jan 8, 2020 9:35am | Post# 729

Igrok, hello. About early hours of daily Main Move. It's often an uneasy task to identify the specific change of MMD in Asian session. Can you give a tip about? How many 1H bars is enough to indicate intraday trend as FIRST main move since the beginnig of a day. Thanks. {image}
yep... that's the change in MM direction on your pics... though, it's not about just hourly... it's a general concept aplicable from the first minute of each trading day... it can be seen on any intraday charts... according to the template 18.2 the position has to be opened (preferably) in the second part of the day in the direction of the main move and only when ATR has not been reached yet... there are actually three components to be taken into consideration while developing a trading plan: MM, ATR and timing.... there are also some other specific requirements to be checked out before entering a position... I explained everything in the book and in my main thread years ago... we also have to remember that the majority of charts provided by different dealers through their trading platforms outline the beginning and the end of a trading day incorrectly... in FX each trading day always starts and ends at 5 p.m. NY time sometimes with the exception of Mondays at the very beginning of a trading week... those who use free charts like the ones provided by tradingview or others of that kind have to be aware of the fact that their intraday time setting is wrong...

moarty Jan 8, 2020 11:16am | Post# 730

{quote} yep... that's the change in MM direction on your pics... though, it's not about just hourly... it's a general concept aplicable from the first minute of each trading day... it can be seen on any intraday charts... according to the template 18.2 the position has to be opened (preferably) in the second part of the day in the direction of the main move and only when ATR has not been reached yet... there are actually three components to be taken into consideration while developing a trading plan: MM, ATR and timing.... there are also some other...
Thanks very much; but can a trend that lasts for 15-20 minutes in duration be called a first (opening) daily MM before it changes to opposite? Or usually it is too small trend and represent a market noise?

Igrok Jan 8, 2020 11:35am | Post# 731

{quote} Thanks very much; but can a trend that lasts for 15-20 minutes in duration be called a first (opening) daily MM before it changes to opposite? Or usually it is too small trend and represent a market noise?

it doesn't matter because in any case you have to wait till it makes some intraday range and by that time ( when the moment comes to take a position) everything will be obvious...

jupiter_peak Jan 8, 2020 3:57pm | Post# 732

Shorted SPDR $HMB (Home Builder's) at "phantom" level. Also, DJI refused to change MMY. It was a great opportunity to take a short and perhaps take the 2020's range.

Forex.RayV1 Jan 9, 2020 9:01am | Post# 733

All time highs again in DOW, SP500 and NQ.
It looks like we will see 30K in DOW, 10K in NQ and 4K in SP500...
Good numbers to use for US Election 2020 aye?

jupiter_peak Jan 9, 2020 10:37am | Post# 734

{quote} yep... that's the change in MM direction on your pics... though, it's not about just hourly... it's a general concept aplicable from the first minute of each trading day... it can be seen on any intraday charts... according to the template 18.2 the position has to be opened (preferably) in the second part of the day in the direction of the main move and only when ATR has not been reached yet... there are actually three components to be taken into consideration while developing a trading plan: MM, ATR and timing.... there are also some other...

Took a short position today on Fiber based on a few things:

1. Igrok's template(s);
2. GBPUSD has almost met its ATR and EURUSD had not... Likely to follow GBPUSD.
3. Timing was key too: early EST time.

anhsang38 Jan 9, 2020 10:55am | Post# 735

the ideal one would look like that... though I don't believe in ideal patterns... they are quite rare... {image}
Dear Igrok,
Is it still working?

Igrok Jan 9, 2020 4:41pm | Post# 736

{quote} Dear Igrok, Is it still working?
on DJIA the left angle will become fully symmetrical at around 30050... this line is rising though and is subject to timing... other than that nothing has changed... I still think that the best indicator is NIKKEI 225 actually... it shouldn't make a new high from my view, but the next top can be pretty close to the previous one at 24448...

Abe16 Jan 9, 2020 7:57pm | Post# 737

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 5.56.37 PM.png
Size: 329 KB

anhsang38 Jan 9, 2020 8:53pm | Post# 738

{image}
Dear Igrok,
Thank you so much...
Good informations from you...

[COLOR=#111111 !important]Igrok , I didn't see the diamond patterns in this book, Beat the Odds in Forex Trading: How to Identify and Profit from High Percentage Market Patterns[/color]

Jordi Jan 10, 2020 3:22am | Post# 739

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Igrok, this is a DAX daily chart . What's your opinion? Can this structure develop into a diamond?
Click to Enlarge

Name: DE30Daily.png
Size: 38 KB

Jordi Jan 10, 2020 12:22pm | Post# 740

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see what happen. It would be nice if Dax follow this path.
Click to Enlarge

Name: DE30Daily.2.png
Size: 27 KB

© Forex Factory