Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Sextet EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=928641)

Elovv Sep 2, 2019 9:45am | Post# 81

Hello!
I start testing Your EA on FXCM demo 28 august, will report how it goes.

leoak47 Sep 4, 2019 8:10am | Post# 82

Hello! What parameters need to be optimized? And I think you need to add the magic number parameter

leoak47 Sep 6, 2019 2:08pm | Post# 83

And if possible, add a trailing stop, preferably virtual. Started testing a couple of GBPUSD

Hello! I start testing Your EA on FXCM demo 28 august, will report how it goes.
How's your progress with the EA?

Elovv Sep 7, 2019 10:19am | Post# 84

I am +3,8% since 28 august
Thinking of expiration of pending orders after 6 hour, if itīs god or not.
Everything default, eurusd, 1 hour, 0,01 lot/$100

Crush29 Sep 7, 2019 2:54pm | Post# 85

Which is the best timeframe M15? H1? Or both? Thanks

nelhajj Sep 8, 2019 3:36am | Post# 86

Which is the best timeframe M15? H1? Or both? Thanks
The default settings are optimized on H1, but you could also optimize on any other timeframe.

leoak47 Sep 11, 2019 2:03am | Post# 87

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} The default settings are optimized on H1, but you could also optimize on any other timeframe.
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_20190911_095908.jpg
Size: 100 KB
What could be the problem?
Alpari Broker

maahome Sep 11, 2019 2:24am | Post# 88

{quote} {image} What could be the problem? Alpari Broker
Is the broker - try running on a different provider and see what happens.

cheers

Senan7 Sep 11, 2019 5:06am | Post# 89

Hello Nelhajj and traders,

I see that the EA has many positive ideas, however with a little change in settings and/or TF the results are significantly different. I was also not able to get better results from the backtest dated Jan - Sep 2019. My question is has anyone trade it live yet and what are the results? Thank you.
It really is a good EA to start with a small balance for those who do not have funding. Considering the lot of 0.1 the Max. DD is very good, thanks to the partial close.

nelhajj Sep 11, 2019 5:29am | Post# 90

Hello Nelhajj and traders, I see that the EA has many positive ideas, however with a little change in settings and/or TF the results are significantly different. I was also not able to get better results from the backtest dated Jan - Sep 2019. My question is has anyone trade it live yet and what are the results? Thank you. It really is a good EA to start with a small balance for those who do not have funding. Considering the lot of 0.1 the Max. DD is very good, thanks to the partial close.
Thanks for the feedback. For now I have linked the Demo account to this thread. We had some winning trades in the beginning while I was trading with fixed 0.1 lots. I changed the settings to 2% of the account, which results in higher volumes, and the first trades taken with the bigger lot size were losses, so we'll be waiting for the EA to recover, and we'll see how the account will perform.

Senan7 Sep 11, 2019 5:43am | Post# 91

1 Attachment(s)
Now that I think more about the settings, the fact that the EA is partially closing the loosing and the winning trades, would it be better if the TP is set to 100 so that the EA can take advantage of the longer move if it is profitable? EU for example does not make moves of more than 50 pips in most days of the year so SL around that number, so then the EA has 1:2 ratio to be able to recover the losses more efficiently. The winning ratio is 43%.
Take a look at this test with TP-100 and SL - 48 everything else stays as per default on H1. Just thinking to make it better.
Click to Enlarge

Name: SextetEUtest.png
Size: 25 KB

leoak47 Sep 11, 2019 6:59am | Post# 92

Now that I think more about the settings, the fact that the EA is partially closing the loosing and the winning trades, would it be better if the TP is set to 100 so that the EA can take advantage of the longer move if it is profitable? EU for example does not make moves of more than 50 pips in most days of the year so SL around that number, so then the EA has 1:2 ratio to be able to recover the losses more efficiently. The winning ratio is 43%. Take a look at this test with TP-100 and SL - 48 everything else stays as per default on H1. Just thinking to make it better. {image}
How long does the test last? I performed optimization from 01/01/2018 to 09/04/2019. I will publish the results of my test in the evening, so I'm not at the computer.

Senan7 Sep 11, 2019 7:06am | Post# 93

Hi, from 01.01.2019-11.09.2019. Thanks

Senan7 Sep 11, 2019 9:20am | Post# 94

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Nelhajj,

Testing on GU. Please see the example from the test where the buy order is closed at 53 pip SL, the distance between the two orange lines, but the intended SL in the settings is only 40 pips. Can you please check this?
Click to Enlarge

Name: SextetEUtest2.png
Size: 15 KB

leoak47 Sep 11, 2019 3:09pm | Post# 95

6 Attachment(s)
Optimization Results:
EURUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD_H1.png
Size: 56 KB
EURUSD_H1.rar
GBPUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD_H1.png
Size: 55 KB
GBPUSD_H1.rar
AUDUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD_H1.png
Size: 56 KB
AUDUSD_H1.rar
AUDUSD results do not look impressive. I am sure that better optimization results can be obtained.

nelhajj Sep 13, 2019 2:45pm | Post# 96

Hi Nelhajj, Testing on GU. Please see the example from the test where the buy order is closed at 53 pip SL, the distance between the two orange lines, but the intended SL in the settings is only 40 pips. Can you please check this? {image}
At the scale out, the SL is move x number of pips away from current price (defined by SO_SL).

But it would be a good idea to only move it in the direction of the trend. I will give that a try.

nelhajj Sep 13, 2019 2:50pm | Post# 97

Optimization Results: EURUSD {image} {file} GBPUSD {image} {file} AUDUSD {image} {file} AUDUSD results do not look impressive. I am sure that better optimization results can be obtained.
It's great to see it's performing relatively well on many pairs. I'm still trying to make it better. We'll see what comes up.

Senan7 Sep 13, 2019 3:07pm | Post# 98

Hi Leoak and nelhajj,

My back test on GU with Leoak's settings yields a different result, not negative but much less in terms of profits. Not sure why. This is what makes me unsure of the EA and by saying this just means a bit more tests and maybe test the EA on a real cent account for 6 months. Thanks.

© Forex Factory