Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Sextet EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=928641)

nelhajj Jun 29, 2019 7:05am | Post# 1

8 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone,

I have already shared with you The Sextet indicator, which is free on the mql5 market, and I've been trying to find the best settings to trade with it.

I have attached here a simple EA which buys and sells on new arrows of The Sextet, with SL, TP and Trailing Stops, as well as the option to turn on and off the feature of exiting a trade when an opposite arrow appears.

Give it a test, and let's share results and settings.

If the EA doesn't work, make sure to have downloaded the sextet indicator from the market:
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/39233

The Sextet EA 1.0.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.1.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.2.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.3.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.4.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.5.ex4
The Sextet EA 1.6.ex4
The Sextet 1.7.ex4

abokwaik Jun 29, 2019 8:10am | Post# 2

Hello Everyone, I have already shared with you The Sextet indicator, which is free on the mql5 market, and I've been trying to find the best settings to trade with it. I have attached here a simple EA which buys and sells on new arrows of The Sextet, with SL, TP and Trailing Stops, as well as the option to turn on and off the feature of exiting a trade when an opposite arrow appears. Give it a test, and let's share results and settings. If the EA doesn't work, make sure to have downloaded...
6=Six. Sex is something else.

Good luck with your EA.

cyberom Jun 29, 2019 8:22am | Post# 3

Sextet definition: A sextet is a group of six musicians or singers who play or sing together

abokwaik Jun 29, 2019 8:28am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Sextet definition: A sextet is a group of six musicians or singers who play or sing together
Name:  Istandcorrected.gif
Views: 6674
Size:  663 KB

nelhajj Jun 29, 2019 9:20am | Post# 5

{quote} {image}
I very nearly made the same mistake

Juan007 Jun 29, 2019 11:41am | Post# 6

could you put a time settings
please

nelhajj Jun 29, 2019 1:07pm | Post# 7

could you put a time settings please
I added time settings in version 1.1, and attached it to the main post.

nelhajj Jun 29, 2019 2:32pm | Post# 8

UPDATE: fixed small bug in version 1.1... New version is 1.2

Waddah Jun 30, 2019 2:29am | Post# 9

thanks for share your indicator and EA...
MA is direction indicator , very good in trending market , the problem which all indicator faced is the ranging market , haw you managed this point in EA?

nelhajj Jun 30, 2019 2:33am | Post# 10

thanks for share your indicator and EA... MA is direction indicator , very good in trending market , the problem which all indicator faced is the ranging market , haw you managed this point in EA?
So far there's only the time settings suggested by Juan007. But I'm open to trying any suggestion so we could see if we could make a good EA we could all use.

Waddah Jun 30, 2019 4:31am | Post# 11

{quote} So far there's only the time settings suggested by Juan007. But I'm open to trying any suggestion so we could see if we could make a good EA we could all use.

with this EA we have the following points :
1- the Time frame , very important to set the target and stop-loss, i make quick check H1 TF is good but it need more filter.
2- with 1 hour TF , the floating loss some times come to be about 90~100 pips and then go in win direction , haw to manage this order ?
leave it till next arrow , or cool it , or accept the SL

3- I will share you the EA with some ideas on it ....within 2-3 hours

nelhajj Jul 1, 2019 11:24am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} with this EA we have the following points : 1- the Time frame , very important to set the target and stop-loss, i make quick check H1 TF is good but it need more filter. 2- with 1 hour TF , the floating loss some times come to be about 90~100 pips and then go in win direction , haw to manage this order ? leave it till next arrow , or cool it , or accept the SL 3- I will share you the EA with some ideas on it ....within 2-3 hours
In the meantime I replaced instant buy/sell orders with pending orders, with a margin from current price and an expiration date.

I was able to get results that aren't bad on GBPUSD H1 since 2017:
Click to Enlarge

Name: The Sextet EA 1.3 - GBPUSD H1.jpg
Size: 155 KB

That version (1.3) is now attached to the main post.

The settings used for the results above are the default settings of version 1.3

koros0111 Jul 1, 2019 3:46pm | Post# 13

{quote} In the meantime I replaced instant buy/sell orders with pending orders, with a margin from current price and an expiration date. I was able to get results that aren't bad on GBPUSD H1 since 2017: {image} That version (1.3) is now attached to the main post. The settings used for the results above are the default settings of version 1.3

hi nelhajj
use this code for time filtering and better visual

Inserted Code
extern bool   TradeTimeFilter   = true;           //Use Time Filter For Trade
extern string TradeBegin        = "00:00";        //Trade Begin
extern string TradeEnd          = "23:59";        //Trade End

datetime time_now, time_begin, time_end;

//----------------------------------------------------------

void OnTick()
{
if (TradeTimeFilter && tradeTime())
}

bool tradeTime()
{
    if (TradeTimeFilter)
    {
        time_now   = TimeCurrent();
        time_begin = StrToTime(TradeBegin);
        time_end   = StrToTime(TradeEnd);
    }
    else
        return(false);
    if (time_now < time_begin || time_now > time_end)
    {
        return(false);
    }
    else
        return(true);
}

faryne Jul 2, 2019 2:41am | Post# 14

Thanks nelhajj,

I only got OrderSend error 130 on BT with v1.3, default settings, same pair and TF.
Any idea?

nelhajj Jul 2, 2019 5:57am | Post# 15

Thanks nelhajj, I only got OrderSend error 130 on BT with v1.3, default settings, same pair and TF. Any idea?
I hadn't accounted for StopLevel... corrected it in 1.4... also default settings were not the same as the test, now they are. New version in main post.

nelhajj Jul 2, 2019 5:59am | Post# 16

{quote} hi nelhajj use this code for time filtering and better visual extern bool TradeTimeFilter = true; //Use Time Filter For Trade extern string TradeBegin = "00:00"; //Trade Begin extern string TradeEnd = "23:59"; //Trade End datetime time_now, time_begin, time_end; //---------------------------------------------------------- void OnTick() { if (TradeTimeFilter && tradeTime()) . . . } //---------------------------------------------------------- bool tradeTime() { if (TradeTimeFilter) { time_now = TimeCurrent(); time_begin = StrToTime(TradeBegin);...
I made them this way to be able to optimize best time settings... can't do that with string parameters.

nelhajj Jul 5, 2019 9:09am | Post# 17

{quote} with this EA we have the following points : 1- the Time frame , very important to set the target and stop-loss, i make quick check H1 TF is good but it need more filter. 2- with 1 hour TF , the floating loss some times come to be about 90~100 pips and then go in win direction , haw to manage this order ? leave it till next arrow , or cool it , or accept the SL 3- I will share you the EA with some ideas on it ....within 2-3 hours
Any good results?

nelhajj Jul 5, 2019 9:59am | Post# 18

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my resluts on EURUSD H1.

Would like to know if you guys are getting the same results. The settings file is attached at the bottom of this post.

Click to Enlarge

Name: The Sextet EA 1.3 - EURUSD H1.jpg
Size: 149 KB

The Sextet EA 1.4 - EURUSD H1.rar

Waddah Jul 6, 2019 6:22am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Any good results?

hello , I working on it , my concern now is haw to deal with signals as the attached photo , i am trying some ideas ...,
but with trend market the situation is good
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.jpg
Size: 88 KB

nelhajj Jul 6, 2019 10:41am | Post# 20

{quote} hello , I working on it , my concern now is haw to deal with signals as the attached photo , i am trying some ideas ..., but with trend market the situation is good {image}
Yea you're right, the ranging market is killing it.
I'm testing now two new ideas:
1- only enter when fastest MA is climbing for buys, or falling for sells.
2- don't enter if all MAs are very close together.

So far results seem to be better. I will post the results when the testing is over.

© Forex Factory