Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   LazyTMA trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=922947)

ficibald Jun 12, 2019 5:04pm | Post# 61

1 Attachment(s)
1) today before the enhancement: 600 pips. 1 LOSS trade out of 20 batch. 2 Green pink,purple bands held all day. I checked the enhancements and entries are even better now. Trades are now in the hot spot. Very easy to trade trending pairs with this setup like Dragon. Shorts looks devastating for longs on this setup. {image} {image}
sorry I redraw your graphic to let see how I look at this picture.If we consider TP is middle line its not good idea to open sell position with such bad RR.I backtested many more signals like this and they dont turn good.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 111.png
Size: 400 KB

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 5:24pm | Post# 62

{quote} sorry I redraw your graphic to let see how I look at this picture.If we consider TP is middle line its not good idea to open sell position with such bad RR.I backtested many more signals like this and they dont turn good. {image}
Tp is x on the mean in new version.

Robot Trader Jun 12, 2019 5:43pm | Post# 63

{quote} sorry I redraw your graphic to let see how I look at this picture.If we consider TP is middle line its not good idea to open sell position with such bad RR.I backtested many more signals like this and they dont turn good. {image}
Hi Ficibald,

May I suggest regarding R:R that you open 3 trades (equal to your 1 trade normal risk/lot size) with 3 different TP targets, that way you could capture that bigger move on your chart, with at lease one of your trades. When doing this it's very important to move SL to BE plus a few pips a.s.a.p.

Regards

R.T.

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 6:10pm | Post# 64

Also, there is a repainting problem that requires fixing. Once fixed it will be a non repainting indicator.

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 8:46pm | Post# 65

1 Attachment(s)
We could also add an Alert, i missed this one.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Alert.PNG
Size: 140 KB

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 9:57pm | Post# 66

1 Attachment(s)
Clean out on 30 min. Some nasty people around.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Alert2.PNG
Size: 92 KB

Froggy Jun 12, 2019 10:01pm | Post# 67

Clean out on 30 min. Some nasty people around. {image}
G'Day all,

Have you tried it with Gold/Silver??

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 11:06pm | Post# 68

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} G'Day all, Have you tried it with Gold/Silver??
Tried on Wall Street us30 just now, works on CFD . I'm satisfied so far.
Dragon , US30 are enough for me during Asian Session.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dow 15 min.PNG
Size: 143 KB

Xxyy Jun 13, 2019 9:11am | Post# 69

2 Attachment(s)
middle line is repainting but i think arrows are fine they are not repainting any one notised any issue about arrows ?
Arrows are repainted too.

Click to Enlarge

Name: LazyTMAband1.png
Size: 27 KB

Name:  LazyTMAband2.png
Views: 1717
Size:  36 KB

SwingMan Jun 13, 2019 9:41am | Post# 70

...Arrows are repainted too.
Unfortunately, that's right...
I have just read the comments of @mladen in mql5 forum, and he particulary says that the TMA is not suitable for signals!

I thought that at least the TMA middle line remains stable, I have to test that, but I have to make a few program changes for the bands.
If we know that the signals are not stable, then there is also a solution ...
I believe that the programmers in the threads in which the TMA is used also have better solutions than mine.

iflyontheky Jun 13, 2019 9:41am | Post# 71

yes arrows also repainting. we cant trust ,, kindly watch again your code its not working fine.

iflyontheky Jun 13, 2019 9:52am | Post# 72

1 Attachment(s)
im testing it with MA for i dentify trend and then folow the arrow but arrows are repainting but still some trades are in arrows direction.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYH4.png
Size: 41 KB

Pip-Miner Jun 13, 2019 10:30am | Post# 73

1 Attachment(s)
im testing it with MA for i dentify trend and then folow the arrow but arrows are repainting but still some trades are in arrows direction. {image}
arrows are the old version. The new version has circles . Repainting issues still occur with lines and circles. Higher time frames required.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Alert.PNG
Size: 82 KB

iflyontheky Jun 13, 2019 10:48am | Post# 74

{quote} arrows are the old version. The new version has circles . Repainting issues still occur with lines and circles. Higher time frames required. {image}
there is no any big change bitween arrow and cercule. thay both disapear. im testing on h4.

mrdfx Jun 13, 2019 11:04am | Post# 75

{quote} Unfortunately, that's right... I have just read the comments of @mladen in mql5 forum, and he particulary says that the TMA is not suitable for signals! I thought that at least the TMA middle line remains stable, I have to test that, but I have to make a few program changes for the bands. If we know that the signals are not stable, then there is also a solution ... I believe that the programmers in the threads in which the TMA is used also have better solutions than mine.
SwingMan I'm sure you will find a solution to the repainting part of TMA. I did share a non repainting version that you could use the code to try fix the repainting?

Besides that this is a very good indicator I like how you combined the trend filter with the TMA, and if used as a tool can really help with trading.

Do you think in the next version you can add alerts please? That will help a lot.

jusiur Jun 13, 2019 11:36am | Post# 76

sm does an excellent job and contributes here, as always!! thank you very much. On the subject of no repaint, zznbrm member at one time has written a code that if I remember correctly avoided that effect en TMA behavior.

SwingMan Jun 13, 2019 11:49am | Post# 77

...SwingMan I'm sure you will find a solution to the repainting part of TMA. I did share a non repainting version that you could use the code to try fix the repainting? Besides that this is a very good indicator I like how you combined the trend filter with the TMA, and if used as a tool can really help with trading. Do you think in the next version you can add alerts please? That will help a lot.
Thank you!
- If you have a better TMA version, can you send me (upload or PM me for email).
The problem of the TMA (see @mladen), is that for the current bars the values are different if you check the same bars after another 20-30 bars (repainting). Unfortunately, the nice centering algorithm falsifies the signals!

OK, now I know that, and because you also wrote that the combination with the trend filter is good, I think that I have found a solution (trick 17), so on get stabler signals.
If everything works, I also do the alerts, before that makes no sense.

LongBTC Jun 13, 2019 4:18pm | Post# 78

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Swingman,

Amazing work! Keep it up!

Here uploaded is a TMA indi that doesn't repaint.
LWMA_TrueTMA (2).mq4

beejay Jun 13, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 79

Hi Swingman , Been doing some testing and the results are good. Trading with the trend is easier on 15 + time frame. Some changes to improve signal 1) Remove the repainting as others mentioned. 2) Only take buy signals below middle line on buy trend(blue) and sell signals above the middle line on sell trend (red). Currently signals appear out of these zones. 3) The reversals against the trend could be included. Signals below green line for buys, signals above pink for sells. The entry could be further filtered by oscillator showing divergence or...
Are the bands getting repainted like the tma as well??, i think i find something interesting with the bands...

SwingMan Jun 13, 2019 7:13pm | Post# 80

Hey Swingman, Amazing work! Keep it up! Here uploaded is a TMA indi that doesn't repaint.
Thanks for the file!
It does not repaint because the indicator is just the simple LWMA, with two bands.

@mladen mentioned many years ago that after the appearance of TMA, many other indicators have used that or "triangular" in your names.
What we need is a TMA-Centered-Not-Repainting indicator, and unfortunately that does not exist.

© Forex Factory