Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LazyTMA trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=922947)

mntiwana Jun 11, 2019 5:51pm | Post# 41

Hi SwingMan I really like what you've done with the TMA thanks for your work. As for the repainting you could take a look at this TMA's code as it has been made a non repainting version, perhaps you can use parts of the code to help fix the repainting part of yours. Cheers. {file} {file}
And even mostly TMA True ver indicators repainter too ,as per Mladen's saying

SwingMan Jun 11, 2019 6:06pm | Post# 42

May God Bless You and Your family and Friends (including me of course) with Healthiness, Happiness, Wealthiness, and Strong Faith forever.. Happy Coding Sir NIH
Many thanks @NIH98, your kind wishes remind me of the prayers of my childhood, and as a daily mantra to a short story about Buddha, which I posted in forum 10 years ago, to better undestand the power of the mantras:

Buddha comes with a small boat on an island and meets a monk there for 5 years repeated the mantra "OM mani padme hom".

Buddha asked him why he does: to be able to run on the water.
And you can do: no not yet and I do not know why...

Buddha tells him: I guess that is due to the mantra because correctly it is "padme hum" and not "padme hom".
The monk is grateful and buddha goes further with his small boat.

After a mile the monk run after him on the water and asks: how was the correct mantra, I forgot what you've told me...

Maybe after a few years I will be able to swim in the money with the wrong "smLazyTMA Signal" version ...

Robot Trader Jun 11, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 43

{quote} Many thanks @NIH98, your kind wishes remind me of the prayers of my childhood, and as a daily mantra to a short story about Buddha, which I posted in forum 10 years ago, to better undestand the power of the mantras: Buddha comes with a small boat on an island and meets a monk there for 5 years repeated the mantra "OM mani padme hom". Buddha asked him why he does: to be able to run on the water. And you can do: no not yet and I do not know why... Buddha tells him: I guess that is due to the mantra because correctly it is "padme hum" and not...
You are a very complicated person, which I like very much

LinFX Jun 11, 2019 8:56pm | Post# 44

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome indicator, Swingman! Thanks for coding this flexible band for us.

Btw, I spotted something strange and want to report/suggest an improvement

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_1.png
Size: 72 KB

The left chart, I didn't switch TF, the indicator will keep drawing like normal. But on the right chart, I switched TF to M5 and back to M1. It seems the indicator was recounted or something (redraw?) and it has different color/angle of the bands/lines.

Perhaps you can add something like a function for automatic refresh or redraw on every candle close/open to make it more responsive? Just a suggestion though, as I don't even have a tiny clue in coding.

Thanks again for your great coding!

OM mani padme hum.

Pip-Miner Jun 11, 2019 9:48pm | Post# 45

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Swingman ,
Been doing some testing and the results are good. Trading with the trend is easier on 15 + time frame. Some changes to improve signal
1) Remove the repainting as others mentioned.
2) Only take buy signals below middle line on buy trend(blue) and sell signals above the middle line on sell trend (red). Currently signals appear out of these zones.
3) The reversals against the trend could be included. Signals below green line for buys, signals above pink for sells. The entry could be further filtered by oscillator showing divergence or another similar indicator.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy divergence.PNG
Size: 76 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy sells.PNG
Size: 126 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy buys.PNG
Size: 126 KB

Pip-Miner Jun 11, 2019 11:18pm | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Swing Man , a completed reversal trade as an example. , just now. The Sell trade had downward divergence. TP when going back to the mean.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy  reversal example.PNG
Size: 122 KB

Robot Trader Jun 11, 2019 11:40pm | Post# 47

Hi Swing Man , a completed reversal trade as an example. , just now. The Sell trade had downward divergence. TP when going back to the mean. {image}
Sorry that's not what the MACD, which you are pointing to is showing, it is showing Hidden Divergence, which is a Trend following type of Divergence and therefore based on your chart it would be suggesting a Buy Trade.

What the MACD histogram is showing is Convergence, which can also be traded as a Sell trade, but only at extremes in PA, which the indicator is showing

Pip-Miner Jun 11, 2019 11:48pm | Post# 48

{quote} Sorry that's not what the MACD, which you are pointing to is showing, it is showing Hidden Divergence, which is a Trend following type of Divergence and therefore based on your chart it would be suggesting a Buy Trade. What the MACD histogram is showing is Convergence, which can also be traded as a Sell trade, but only at extremes in PA, which the indicator is showing
Hi Robot Trader , sorry for confusion i use the color change of the histogram to confirm reversal . I wont't complicate things with divergence.

ficibald Jun 12, 2019 1:38am | Post# 49

{quote} Hi Robot Trader , basically do the opposite of what the arrows say for that divergence indicator when doing reversals. It's wacky but works for me.
Nice pip miner. Can you share indi please?

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 3:22am | Post# 50

{quote} Nice pip miner. Can you share indi please?
Sorry for confusion i use the color change of the histogram to confirm reversal . I wont't complicate things with divergence. Lets stick to SwingMan indicators here.

SwingMan Jun 12, 2019 4:54am | Post# 51

2 Attachment(s)
New Version "smLazyTMA Signals_v2.1"

I post them to do more tests and please test it.

(The repainting is easier to test in the M1 time frame).
Also, this version is not quite correct, because sometimes after chart redrawing disappear sometimes signals, so I have to test even further.

- The entry signals after crossing the TMA bands are now drawn at the open of the next bar.
- Exit signals are also drawn after the TMA color change.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPDaily.png
Size: 119 KB
smLazyTMA Signals_v2.1.ex4

iflyontheky Jun 12, 2019 6:03am | Post# 52

New indicator "smLazyTMA Signals_v1" Here is a simple signal indicator, only for lazy traders: - in trend direction of TMA will be generated signals when the candles cross the TMA bands. Lazy Trading idea: - Entry at next candle. - Lots calculation with 1% risk for SL on band 4. - Exit if TMA changes the direction (color) {image} {file}
what u say about arrows ? how we should use them ?

Pip-Miner Jun 12, 2019 6:08am | Post# 53

2 Attachment(s)
1) today before the enhancement: 600 pips. 1 LOSS trade out of 20 batch.
2 Green pink,purple bands held all day.

I checked the enhancements and entries are even better now. Trades are now in the hot spot.
Very easy to trade trending pairs with this setup like Dragon.
Shorts looks devastating for longs on this setup.
Click to Enlarge

Name: hot zone sell.PNG
Size: 116 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: hot zone.PNG
Size: 143 KB

fxomo Jun 12, 2019 6:26am | Post# 54

2 Attachment(s)
@ Swingman
Thanks for upgrade. Tested over short period and signals look Ok but repainting still happening.compare image1 and subsequent image2 below. Thanks

This on GBPUSDM1
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 68 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 48 KB

iflyontheky Jun 12, 2019 6:28am | Post# 55

middle line is repainting but i think arrows are fine they are not repainting any one notised any issue about arrows ?

SwingMan Jun 12, 2019 6:37am | Post# 56

...Tested over short period and signals look Ok but repainting still happening.compare image1 and subsequent image2 below.
You're right, and I wrote that I still have to test and make changes, but it is not really bad ...

What settings do you have? It does not seem to be the default values.

fxomo Jun 12, 2019 6:45am | Post# 57

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} You're right, and I wrote that I still have to test and make changes, but it is not really bad ... What settings do you have? It does not seem to be the default values.
Settings below. Am, Mt4 GMT+3
Name:  Image1.png
Views: 1677
Size:  107 KB

rajandaas Jun 12, 2019 6:51am | Post# 58

New Version "smLazyTMA Signals_v2.1" I post them to do more tests and please test it. (The repainting is easier to test in the M1 time frame). Also, this version is not quite correct, because sometimes after chart redrawing disappear sometimes signals, so I have to test even further. - The entry signals after crossing the TMA bands are now drawn at the open of the next bar. - Exit signals are also drawn after the TMA color change. {image} {file}
Hi,

What is the significance of the "X" when it appears?

The dots are entry signals I understand.

Thank you sir.

Rajnidas

SwingMan Jun 12, 2019 8:25am | Post# 59

Hi, What is the significance of the "X" when it appears? The dots are entry signals I understand.
In #Post 51 you have the cryptic explanation ...
For the half you are right, try to interpret the other half as well.

rajandaas Jun 12, 2019 8:39am | Post# 60

{quote} In #Post 51 you have the cryptic explanation ... For the half you are right, try to interpret the other half as well.
Hi,

Thank you sir.

Rajnidas

© Forex Factory