Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   LazyTMA trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=922947)

SwingMan Aug 31, 2019 5:03am | Post# 201

1 Attachment(s)
...When ancient things have laid buried for a while, they are often viewed as treasure when dug up ? Dave
Sure you are right, and I also programmed the indicators about 10 years ago, it's very simple things.

Would be very interesting if someone would use the Jackson Zones properly! One should calculate them alternatively with Pivots or with Opens as basic lines.

----------------
The idea to trade at a certain distance from the Daily Open is completely correct.

Mathematically, it is totally wrong to use ATR with the Gann distance 1/8xATR because that does not match the statistics of the trend! (It does not mean that just because 99% of traders use it is correct too ...)

In the chart I drew the local trend MA(3, Median Price).
Everyone can see that in the uptrend e.g. the Open-High distances are much larger than the Open-Low, i. that means that 1/8xATR is too small for long entrys and too big for short trades!
Name:  AUDCHFH1-Trends.png
Views: 2235
Size:  14 KB
-----------------
Maybe you briefly describe how you look at the entrys, and I can write a simple indicator for it. I have seen that sometimes you draw an area up to 0.125xATR. Do you need it?

OAPDave Aug 31, 2019 7:58am | Post# 202

To be honest I have never heard of Jackson Pivots/Zones, this is the only thing I can find about them so I am now giving them some thought
Inserted Video

Dave

SwingMan Aug 31, 2019 8:28am | Post# 203

To be honest I have never heard of Jackson Pivots/Zones, this is the only thing I can find about them so I am now giving them some thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HWxPyUWZGY Dave
Here have you the informations: http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/

More Information on High Probability Fibonacci Zones
http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/HELP4...acci_zones.htm

and how to use these zones is explained on the Fibonacci Trader Journal # 14
http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/journals/FTJ14.pdf

OAPDave Sep 1, 2019 6:29pm | Post# 204

{quote} Here have you the informations: http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/ More Information on High Probability Fibonacci Zones http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/HELP4...acci_zones.htm and how to use these zones is explained on the Fibonacci Trader Journal # 14 http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/journals/FTJ14.pdf
George
I have saved this clip from a Guy called Vegas who had a Method I think called a 4hr & 1hr Tunnel or something like that, It'very old but he logged a lot of data and produced many tables
You must bear in mined this is very old but this enclosed snippet caught my attention in so much that I cut it out and stuck it on the side of my computer
1 New Highs and New Lows
One of the most important things the market can do during a trading day is to continue along the path of hitting either new highs or new lows for the day ( they almost never continue doing both during the same day) Table 1 has so much data worth interpreting , I could write an entire 300 page book just talking about it, but what I want to emphasize here is the size of the range, the value of the 20 day moving median of range, and the median of the open from either the high or low.
Table 1 goes back to the start of the Dec 05 GBP/USD futures contract (see told you it was old) when it became the front month after the expiring Sep 05 contract.I have this data back to about the start of 2000 and when you look at the values for these other periods they are very close to what I have presented in Table 1
It's very clear from the data that you can make the following conclusions
A) Excluding pre-holiday trading,the range for the day has a 90% + probability of being 100 pips about 70% probability of being 120 pips and about a 50% probability of being 135 pips
B)There is approximately a 75% probability that once the market moves farther than about 45 pips from the open it isn't coming back
C) There is a 50% probability that when the market goes past 30 pips from the open it isn't coming back

Knowing this will prevent you from trying to pick tops and bottoms and getting hurt For example the GBP/USD is at the upper fib levels and I am watching it closely, The market opens and starts to go higher still, If it passes 30 and then 47 pips from the open, trying to sell it has a good chance (75%) of leading to a loss. And it doesn't stop there because it still has a range to put in, and if you're stubbornly short, your loss is going to get worse.Any bets you cover near the high ?

This article is ancient but worth a read I think ?
Dave

SwingMan Sep 1, 2019 8:14pm | Post# 205

...This article is ancient but worth a read I think ? Dave
It would be an idea to re-study the Vegas Tunnel!
@ robots4me and @bishopdotun have a similar method.

Rag2RichesFX Sep 1, 2019 8:28pm | Post# 206

{quote} George I have saved this clip from a Guy called Vegas who had a Method I think called a 4hr & 1hr Tunnel or something like that, It'very old but he logged a lot of data and produced many tables You must bear in mined this is very old but this enclosed snippet caught my attention in so much that I cut it out and stuck it on the side of my computer 1 New Highs and New Lows One of the most important things the market can do during a trading day is to continue along the path of hitting either new highs or new lows for the day ( they almost never...
Vegas is a long time trader since the 80s, I still use some of his stuff. Good guy, actually the first person I met in FX trading

lemercenaire Sep 2, 2019 3:29am | Post# 207

{quote} It would be an idea to re-study the Vegas Tunnel! @ robots4me and @bishopdotun have a similar method.
You and I and everyone else who have been in this game for more than a little while will realise that there is nothing new under the FX-sun. It always makes me smile when I see a new thread spring up based around the latest fantastic idea and discovery!!!

AltosTrader Sep 2, 2019 4:07am | Post# 208

{quote} You and I and everyone else who have been in this game for more than a little while will realise that there is nothing new under the FX-sun. It always makes me smile when I see a new thread spring up based around the latest fantastic idea and discovery!!!
and as I recall Vegas came from the James 16 group - geez, that was about 2005-6. Where'd the time go ???

SwingMan Sep 2, 2019 4:12am | Post# 209

...You and I and everyone else who have been in this game for more than a little while will realise that there is nothing new under the FX-sun. It always makes me smile when I see a new thread spring up based around the latest fantastic idea and discovery!!!
That's the way it is!
I also get a big smile when I have a fantastic new idea, even if the discovery is ten years ago.

(Just read my new thread, and then make comments, because I need them in the next time...)

OAPDave Sep 2, 2019 6:23am | Post# 210

Guys, if there is anyone interested I have deleted my posts as Swingman as opened a New Thread and my idea's would be better placed on there
Dave

Johannes7 Sep 10, 2019 2:45am | Post# 211

New indicator "smLazyTMA Signals_v1" Here is a simple signal indicator, only for lazy traders: - in trend direction of TMA will be generated signals when the candles cross the TMA bands. Lazy Trading idea: - Entry at next candle. - Lots calculation with 1% risk for SL on band 4. - Exit if TMA changes the direction (color) {image} {file}
Hi SwingMan, I just want to say thank you for all the tools you've supplied.
Is there a EAX PIN available for this great indicator?

SwingMan Sep 10, 2019 2:49am | Post# 212

... Hi SwingMan, I just want to say thank you for all the tools you've supplied. Is there a EAX PIN available for this great indicator?
There are no other indicators, but what should an EAX PIN do?

amjadepp Oct 7, 2019 7:34pm | Post# 213

Hello, thank you for your sharing, is the butterfly (exit signal) repaint ?

Johannes7 Oct 8, 2019 12:14am | Post# 214

{quote} There are no other indicators, but what should an EAX PIN do?
The EAX Pin convert indicator signal to buy/sell signals for EAX Dashboard .

SwingMan Oct 18, 2019 4:23am | Post# 215

3 Attachment(s)
Some indicators for #Post 199
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADH1-TradingZones.png
Size: 19 KB
Pivot_Points_-_Daily_sShiftedd.mq4
smLandline TradingZones_v1.mq4

jarodd Oct 21, 2019 8:15pm | Post# 216

Dear SwingMan, Thank you very much for the Indicator "smLazyTMABands_v2". I still learning with it. May I ask you on some question this indicator develop for a specific time frame or it can use on any time frame. Thank you again for developing.

nschwegl Nov 1, 2019 11:16am | Post# 217

This thread is started because I do not want to disturb the threads of other valued members. Here I will post some versions of the LazyTMA files. The current versions are posted here, especially if I find bugs in the code ... {file} {file} Here the source code: {file} In #Post 11 - a first bug corrected... {file}
Hallo SchwinMan, für welche Zeiteinheit sind denn deine Indikatoren gedacht ? Daily oder Weekly ? oder nur als Daytraiding 4H, 1H etc

SwingMan Nov 1, 2019 2:42pm | Post# 218

3 Attachment(s)
Hi @jarod, @nschwgl,

the indicator can be used in all TFs, but because it repainted should only be used by experienced traders and with a customized strategy!
I'll do some research and find H1 to be the best time frame.

If you want to have some fun while testing, here is a little EA.
TP and SL are the distance from entry to the current TMA. At the next bars the TMA will change (repaintig phenomenon ...)

Please do not ask questions because I do not develop any systems, just make test versions ...

The EA and the Indicator are not last versions, and only if I have time and fun will make further developments.
smLazyTMA BandSignals_v2.0.mq4
smLazyTMA EA_v3.1.ex4
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPH1-LazyTMA EA.png
Size: 39 KB

T4Trade Nov 2, 2019 2:37am | Post# 219

where is Jackson pivots indicator?

T4Trade Nov 2, 2019 4:13am | Post# 220

Hi @jarod, @nschwgl, the indicator can be used in all TFs, but because it repainted should only be used by experienced traders and with a customized strategy! I'll do some research and find H1 to be the best time frame. If you want to have some fun while testing, here is a little EA. TP and SL are the distance from entry to the current TMA. At the next bars the TMA will change (repaintig phenomenon ...) Please do not ask questions because I do not develop any systems, just make test versions ... The EA and the Indicator are not last versions, and...
this is an amazing non painting indicator,thank you,

if someone can make little more imrpovements,since im not a programmer or coder sadly.
1.the signal arrows don't necessarily respect the threshold band,can we fix this?so this indicator can become more reliable to pick up the reversals?
2.can you add push notification as well please ?
3.can you draw that line what is there in OP indicator,when PA touches the line and retraces?

thanks SwingMan

© Forex Factory