Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   4 + 1 (Metals) strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=922895)

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 3:08am | Post# 921

Obi calls it again! I thought she was gon run! {image}
lol, she has her shoes on and laces tightened bud, whenever she gets into the blocks near daily support she runs for "GOLD"

But just looking at the trend past couple of months, we have seen whenever price gets in the daily support/buy zone, the ensuiing move higher is explosive, yesterday was testament of that, but the inability to sustain those gains on an intra day basis and close higher shows us bear strength is still in it....further more, the bearish divergence on the higher timeframes is now in full gear, so we take what it gives and protect the equity till we see it break higher(last weeks highs) or breaks the support zone.....in which case we short the thing.....

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 3:25am | Post# 922

Morning Traders Last day of the week. Yesterday PA around key levels was good, some weekly levels held while price stalled and dipped around intra day levels before using the weekly levels to react turn from.... As things stand H1 is still in bullish territory but with a slight neutral bias H4 remains in bearish territory but previous structural high was taken out as such invald/neutral D1 still bullish as price still hasnt broken below structure support..... Intra day levels Upside 1552.71 1538.37 1525.83 1517.75 1503.77 Downside 1490.68 1487.38...
Edit: Adding 1508..55 as an upside target too

PositiveTrad Sep 13, 2019 4:37am | Post# 923

{quote} Yeah bud.....I'm thinking it will pop back up for a bit.....these support handles may just provide abit of a bounce.....we already got that yesterday........and they have also supported quitr well, so we keep Doig it till it no longer works......
Sorry MzansiObi,

Can you elaborate with number? i am still confused about which range of prices you refer to
1) when you mentioned 'it will pop back up for a bit'; and
2) support handles. Is it 1492.84?

Thanks

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 5:07am | Post# 924

{quote} Sorry MzansiObi, Can you elaborate with number? i am still confused about which range of prices you refer to 1) when you mentioned 'it will pop back up for a bit'; and 2) support handles. Is it 1492.84? Thanks
Hey Bud,

You Saw that last dip around London Open hour towards 1501, that was a buy dip scenario.
The downside levels have held, the big support number lies around 1487 give or take so while prices are above that and we dont have candles closing below that i will continue buying.

My previous post or pending order i wanted to buy 1492 but price didnt dip that low, as such following rally in price, i used the dip to buy from another handle.
Hope this makes sense....

Will try post as much entries live time as i can....but try and use the levels as a guidance aswell.

You will see i added another upside target / possible reversal point for price where it may struggle to break out.....

Junibifon Sep 13, 2019 5:09am | Post# 925

1 Attachment(s)
Buy 1489. Trailing now. Will buy again when it retouch the trendline
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190913-160220_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 612 KB

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 5:10am | Post# 926

Placed new pending order on Natural Gas and another one on BTCUSD over here for those interested.....

BTCUSD: https://www.cryptocraft.com/showthre...1#post12500321

Natural Gas: https://www.energyexch.com/showthrea...5#post12501085

Trade Safe

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 5:11am | Post# 927

Buy 1489. Trailing now. Will buy again when it retouch the trendline {image}
Nice mate, when did you buy this?

Did you watch it go all the way up and come down again yesterday?

PositiveTrad Sep 13, 2019 5:27am | Post# 928

Will buy Dip near 1492.84 SL Below 1482 Half my normal lot size as i am looking to load more later on should it dip lower...
Hi MzansiObi,

When you mentioned the above, i placed a sell at 1497.51, with the tp of around 1492. Instead of the price goes down to 1492, it keeps going up. Do you think it will ever go down to that level today?

Try to learn the way you analyse so that i can trade independently with success.
Thanks

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 5:40am | Post# 929

{quote} Hi MzansiObi, When you mentioned the above, i placed a sell at 1497.51, with the tp of around 1492. Instead of the price goes down to 1492, it keeps going up. Do you think it will ever go down to that level today? Try to learn the way you analyse so that i can trade independently with success. Thanks
Alright bro no worries.
I will post around this over the weekend.
Regarding the where to, we need to watch what it's doing bud, did you have a SL Placed?

PositiveTrad Sep 13, 2019 5:46am | Post# 930

{quote} Alright bro no worries. I will post around this over the weekend. Regarding the where to, we need to watch what it's doing bud, did you have a SL Placed?
Yes i did, 1512.51. about $15 away.

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 5:53am | Post# 931

Alright Bud.

Its up to you now, see what the market does or cut your losses early....
But will post a couple of charts and more explinations/ guidance regarding how to approach our zones and to use them in conjunction with the intr day levels.....

Junibifon Sep 13, 2019 6:00am | Post# 932

{quote} Nice mate, when did you buy this? Did you watch it go all the way up and come down again yesterday?
2019.09.10 04:23 my broker time or 08:23 my local time. Since then I have many buy positions, some was stop out with BE and many with green pips. Unfortunately yesterday I was on the way and had no times to watched the market. I reallly thankful to join this thread and has learned a lot. Two thumbs up for you mate....

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 6:03am | Post# 933

{quote} 2019.09.10 04:23 my broker time or 08:23 my local time. Since then I have many buy positions, some was stop out with BE and many with green pips. Unfortunately yesterday I was on the way and had no times to watched the market. I reallly thankful to join this thread and has learned a lot. Two thumbs up for you mate....
Cool bananas bud. Glad you making pot.
4 thumbs up for you bud heheheheh

Spirit4eva Sep 13, 2019 6:38am | Post# 934

Hello fam!
wanted to share something with y'all!
just finished reading a over 400 pages book "Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg.
Although most of the traders pointed out one or two instances where they had a trade go all up to 200+ or more pips and cited it as their best trades ever, what i found common amongst them especially the day traders was they target a handful of pips.
I also recently stumbled on an interview on youtube where the day trader says he only looks for roughly "10, 20 or at most 50 pips" on a trade but with largwer volume.
Been thinking seriously about this so wanted to air it out.
What you think!!!
Blue pips to all!!!

MzansiObi Sep 13, 2019 6:55am | Post# 935

Hello fam! wanted to share something with y'all! just finished reading a over 400 pages book "Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg. Although most of the traders pointed out one or two instances where they had a trade go all up to 200+ or more pips and cited it as their best trades ever, what i found common amongst them especially the day traders was they target a handful of pips. I also recently stumbled on an interview on youtube where the day trader says he only looks for roughly "10, 20 or at most 50 pips" on a trade but with...
There we go bro.
Thanks for the share.....sounds like an interesting read.
That's true, every little pip counts. There's no need to look for those massive moves....get in get out, and move on.....

Jp1 Sep 13, 2019 7:01am | Post# 936

{quote} There we go bro. Thanks for the share.....sounds like an interesting read. That's true, every little pip counts. There's no need to look for those massive moves....get in get out, and move on.....
Yes agreed - i changed to that format a while ago.....bigger lot size looking for smaller moves, therefore small stops to reduce risk....and then leave a small runner to pick up anything that takes off. Get stop to BE quickly. U get stopped out a lot, but most of the time at BE, and can reenter if u still think ur right

Spirit4eva Sep 13, 2019 7:15am | Post# 937

Hello fam! wanted to share something with y'all! just finished reading a over 400 pages book "Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg. Although most of the traders pointed out one or two instances where they had a trade go all up to 200+ or more pips and cited it as their best trades ever, what i found common amongst them especially the day traders was they target a handful of pips. I also recently stumbled on an interview on youtube where the day trader says he only looks for roughly "10, 20 or at most 50 pips" on a trade but with...
I even just watched a video of a day trader that trades a MAMM account (professional trader who trades for others or an investment firm) take 7 pips off a trade.
You know, why this is really getting me think as a relatively new forex trader, is that for a while ive inculcated the idea that professional forex, stocks, options traders, are those that kinda realize usually a huge number of pips per trade whether short/long term traders which i see it not true at all.
the only edge i think they have over us is that they do have larger volume hence they could use a higher lot size with their risk still in chek.

Spirit4eva Sep 13, 2019 7:16am | Post# 938

{quote} There we go bro. Thanks for the share.....sounds like an interesting read. That's true, every little pip counts. There's no need to look for those massive moves....get in get out, and move on.....
Yea! thats very true mahn!!!

Spirit4eva Sep 13, 2019 7:17am | Post# 939

.....bigger lot size looking for smaller moves, therefore small stops to reduce risk....and then leave a small runner to pick up anything that takes off
yea! i think this is the hammer

lemercenaire Sep 13, 2019 7:20am | Post# 940

Hello fam! wanted to share something with y'all! just finished reading a over 400 pages book "Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg. Although most of the traders pointed out one or two instances where they had a trade go all up to 200+ or more pips and cited it as their best trades ever, what i found common amongst them especially the day traders was they target a handful of pips. I also recently stumbled on an interview on youtube where the day trader says he only looks for roughly "10, 20 or...
That is exactly how the huge funds trade - taken to the highest extreme now with algo-HFT - but back in my day, you had a huge bank behind you and you were patient to find the highest probability set ups and you were in-and-out in seconds. 0.1% of a 10 million dollar per trader allocation. You work it out. And that would be the rookies.

© Forex Factory