Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What does your trading philosophy mean? How important is it? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=921281)

kamikaze351 Jun 7, 2019 2:18pm | Post# 21

forex is not an isolated environment, it means:
1. if there are no dominant capital groups they will use all available means to achieve profits: the latest algorithms, AI, super-computers, the most outstanding minds of our world to make profits.
2. if there are dominant capital groups, they will use all available means (the latest algorithms, AI, super-computers, the most outstanding minds of our world) to completely manipulate the given environment to achieve a multiplicity of profits from point 1.

That is why my philosophy is simple in principles and difficult to implement. You have to learn to be a rat among a very hostile environment. Take a bit of food without being noticed and quickly scamper every enemy sound. Just like people in the Gregory Benford series 'Galactic Center'.

KeenPips Jun 7, 2019 2:37pm | Post# 22

So what is your trading philosophy? I could see: 'Ki Sang has time for everything.' What you wrote didn't square with what is under your post. What we want here is your trading philosophy as posted on your FF profile.

KP

forex is not an isolated environment, it means: 1. if there are no dominant capital groups they will use all available means to achieve profits: the latest algorithms, AI, super-computers, the most outstanding minds of our world to make profits. 2. if there are dominant capital groups, they will use all available means (the latest algorithms, AI, super-computers, the most outstanding minds of our world) to completely manipulate the given environment to achieve a multiplicity of profits from point 1. That is why my philosophy is simple in principles...

AnthonyWins Jun 7, 2019 5:13pm | Post# 23

Thanks mate but your post is off topic. You are to tell us your trading philosophy if you have any. Then explain how it reflects your approach to trading or the markets. Post #1 is very clear on the focus and theme of the thread. KP {quote}
I appreciate your comment.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

Let me comment again.
The philosophy of trading can be considered in the understanding of the market principles and self-awareness as a trader inside the market. I believe that every trader has an awareness of himself inside the market and he has a special opinion about what this market is all about. That is how I see the philosophy of trading.
What about my trading philosophy:
Let's start with the fact that I see the market as a kind of System. This System (under normal conditions) is stable and balanced. The System's components are the trader, the trading system, the market. Each of the components may imbalance the System.
About self-awareness of trader:
Trader can use a trading system to compensate for the imbalance created by the market and that is a trading process.
The market and trading philosophy must be realized. And this is important because, as I said earlier, this is a basic understanding.
Any trading system, any knowledge of technical analysis, etc. can be put on this foundation. Thus, any trading strategy or analysis without trading philosophy understanding, is a thoughtless using of formulas.
Understanding the market (philosophy) helps me to be more stable and balanced. Perhaps, in certain cases, it saves me from erroneous and rash actions.
I hope this time, I got into the topic.

KeenPips Jun 7, 2019 5:19pm | Post# 24

Thanks mate for your effort. I am happy that I was not rash to dismiss your initial off-topic post. You will see my trading philosophy at the lower left corner of this post. I intend to explain each key aspect of this philosophy next week.

Have a great weekend.

KP

{quote} I appreciate your comment. I'm sorry for misunderstanding. Let me comment again. The philosophy of trading can be considered in the understanding of the market principles and self-awareness as a trader inside the market. I believe that every trader has an awareness of himself inside the market and he has a special opinion about what this market is all about. That is how I see the philosophy of trading. What about my trading philosophy: Let's start with the fact that I see the market as a kind of System. This System (under normal conditions)...

Js3mwtRc Jun 8, 2019 12:20pm | Post# 25

I don't have a standard trading philoshophy, every day ends up a different lesson to me. I can't fix trading and what the market is going to do, everything is in a flow and happening for a reason.

Swisse Jun 8, 2019 12:20pm | Post# 26

Know what you're up against.
How can someone expect to have a good system and not understand the flaws in certain types of thinking?
Let me help you guys understand how the market has no distinctive features. It operates in an infinite realm of possibility, if price is the sole thing you pay attention to. Meaning that if you look at price and use a science like statistics or any of some tools, they will fail. Why? because it's infinite. There's no association, there's no distinctive trait. You can't just exclaim it's 50% chance of any landed location to be configured in our plane of reality, because even nature can't respect that perspective. You've heard it "my system stopped working". It ranges 80% of the time, but all of a sudden half the time I'm stuck in a trend. Or it trends, but just not enough. I've heard it all, I've personally experienced it all. This vague 50% fits science good empirically without undermining it stature, but it's not absolutely optimal. I can be a person to say motion and what the world does = I don't know odds. I have no real reason, or I cannot even fathom how I would assign odds to any measured string of circumstance etc. You can explain how heat escapes cold bodies by saying it just does, if it helps you sleep at night. I personally don't see how I would be so lucky to get that type of information for free.

So what are you up against?
Can you let me know how your decisions shape up profitable trading?
Where's your break even, where's your loss, where's your wins in situations. Most systems looking at an OHLC time series on either category = I know. WHAT??!?!?!

You know your mind has the same formula as money making, and a healthy, loving life style. Every time you have a thought your mind it will pause before another one is created. From that moment you have free will as to how to think for your day as it goes on.
Someone makes you mad at work, traffic, while eating, while cleaning, while sleeping, you could become irate and raise your blood pressure by .000001%. In any of such situation you have the option to be happy and forgive and love. But with how thoughts expand out, chances are you'll probably think of that moment as the day carries on and your whole day/mood/life is ruined. Your blood pressure increases higher and higher and it's almost as if you're determined to realize a heart attack after the sum of all your battles is reflected in life. If the market pauses you are free to make a decision.

In psychology it has been proven that if you smile, you trick your body to being happy in whatever situation.
So sometimes you have to stop, think for a second and smile. You could have a horrid day and just one disciplined action of smiling however small it seems to be compared in scale to the paralyzing predicament you're in, is as the saying "take a profit." Smile and you're on the good side of things.

Love as a tool is ultimately the best weapon. People will use a lot of other tools, some made by men of which are based on the immediate senses. But remember from me, what you see physically is maybe 20% of what you see around said object and around you. Einstein discovered more than most scientist came about because he used love as a tool combined with observation and imagination. Had he no empathy, a derivative of a love, he wouldn't of had imagined the life of a photon and or cared to be in its perspective. It's only when he stepped out of his physical body that the theory of relativity came about.

"Tell your son to stop trying to fill your head with science - for to fill your heart with love is enough." Richard Feynman

KeenPips Jun 8, 2019 1:51pm | Post# 27

Learning lessons from our trading experience can be helpful if we take the necessary actions.

KP

...every day ends up a different lesson to me...

KeenPips Jun 8, 2019 1:54pm | Post# 28

What about the one on the lower left corner of your post? 'Feels right this time!' Is that not your trading philosophy?

KP

I don't have a standard trading philoshophy...

KeenPips Jun 8, 2019 2:00pm | Post# 29

Your post is off-topic but I feel there are a few things some traders can learn from it. Therefore I will not dump it. Next time you post here, please stay on topic. You either tell us what your trading philosophy is or don't post anything here.

KP

Know what you're up against. How can someone expect to have a good system and not understand the flaws in certain types of thinking? Let me help you guys understand how the market has no distinctive features. It operates in an infinite realm of possibility, if price is the sole thing you pay attention to. Meaning that if you look at price and use a science like statistics or any of some tools, they will fail. Why? because it's infinite. There's no association, there's no distinctive trait. You can't just exclaim it's 50% chance of...

Thehumble Jun 8, 2019 3:26pm | Post# 30

Instead of a trading philosophy I have a set of beliefs mostly based on the precious work of the great late Mark Douglas.
1. I make myself available
2. I embrace the risk
3. I keep expectations neutral
4. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me
5. I manage risk by cutting losses and letting winners run

Weyk Jun 8, 2019 3:34pm | Post# 31

Your post is off-topic but I feel there are a few things some traders can learn from it. Therefore I will not dump it. Next time you post here, please stay on topic. You either tell us what your trading philosophy is or don't post anything here. KP {quote}
Are you kidding? He told you in bold his trading philosophy, then he explained it. But you didn't understood nothing...

Breza Jun 8, 2019 4:02pm | Post# 32

Please Keen to delete my posts including his reply.

KeenPips Jun 8, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 33

Good contribution! What about 'Keep alive a genuine winning attitude.' Is that not your trading philosophy? You surely put that on your FF profile.

KP

Instead of a trading philosophy I have a set of beliefs mostly based on the precious work of the great late Mark Douglas. 1. I make myself available 2. I embrace the risk 3. I keep expectations neutral 4. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me 5. I manage risk by cutting losses and letting winners run

KeenPips Jun 8, 2019 4:18pm | Post# 34

Not kidding mate. Tell us your trading philosophy if you have any and want to share it. Otherwise, don't write anything off-topic on this thread.

KP

{quote} Are you kidding? He told you in bold his trading philosophy, then he explained it. But you didn't understood nothing...

Thehumble Jun 8, 2019 8:04pm | Post# 35

Good contribution! What about 'Keep alive a genuine winning attitude.' Is that not your trading philosophy? You surely put that on your FF profile. KP {quote}
Thanks KeenPips
Of course it is one of my fundamental belief, I simply didn't want to be redundant. Thanks for mentioning.

KeenPips Jun 9, 2019 2:06am | Post# 36

I really like that philosophy, 'Keep alive a genuine winning attitude.' If you would like to talk more on that, that will be fine.

Trade safe.

KP

{quote} Thanks KeenPips Of course it is one of my fundamental belief, I simply didn't want to be redundant. Thanks for mentioning.

Js3mwtRc Jun 9, 2019 2:39am | Post# 37

What about the one on the lower left corner of your post? 'Feels right this time!' Is that not your trading philosophy? KP {quote}
This is old when I started seeing light in the market, then again nothing happened, it is just history to me and leave it to remember I am better.

KeenPips Jun 9, 2019 5:28am | Post# 38

Noted. I actually deleted from my FF trading profile the trading philosophy I referred to in post #2 because it was not well-thought out but I kept it in my trading plan for 'history', to borrow your concept.

Trade safe.

KP

{quote} This is old when I started seeing light in the market, then again nothing happened, it is just history to me and leave it to remember I am better.

kamikaze351 Jun 11, 2019 4:03am | Post# 39

So what is your trading philosophy? I could see: 'Ki Sang has time for everything.' What you wrote didn't square with what is under your post. What we want here is your trading philosophy as posted on your FF profile. KP {quote}
here we go:
i quoted your first post and pasted quotes with bolded text directly from my post above your complaint:

Almost every other trader on FF has a trading philosophy. Do you have one? (That is why my philosophy is simple in principles and difficult to implement) If you have one, what does it really mean in terms of how you see and approach the markets? (You have to learn to be a rat among a very hostile environment. Take a bit of food without being noticed and quickly scamper every enemy sound) How important is your trading philosophy to you? (ok, I did not answer directly to this question) Use this thread to address the above...
answer to question 3: the very fact that I have a philosophy of speculation on forex means that this is an important matter for me.

the quote in the foot comes from the book "Polynesian trade wind" by Sverre Holmsen and is not strictly related to forex (in the introductory post there was no such requirement). In short, it means that although you are doing something slowly, it will be done.
By the way, I recommend this book, one of the best IMO books.

KeenPips Jun 11, 2019 5:47am | Post# 40

Noted.

Trade safe.

KP

{quote} here we go: i quoted your first post and pasted quotes with bolded text directly from my post above your complaint: {quote} answer to question 3: the very fact that I have a philosophy of speculation on forex means that this is an important matter for me. the quote in the foot comes from the book "Polynesian trade wind" by Sverre Holmsen and is not strictly related to forex (in the introductory post there was no such requirement). In short, it means that although you are doing something slowly, it will be done. By the way, I recommend this...

© Forex Factory