Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What does your trading philosophy mean? How important is it? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=921281)

KeenPips Jun 4, 2019 2:51am | Post# 1

What does your trading philosophy mean? How important is it?

Almost every other trader on FF has a trading philosophy. Do you have one? If you have one, what does it really mean in terms of how you see and approach the markets? How important is your trading philosophy to you? Use this thread to address the above and similar questions regarding your trading philosophy.

Contributors should be respectful towards other contributors and adhere to FF code of ethics for members. Any deviant of FF code of ethics or off-topic contributor will be sanctioned.

KP

KeenPips Jun 4, 2019 2:59am | Post# 2

When I joined FF in December 2015, I came up with a trading philosophy without thinking on why I should have a trading philosophy in the first place. I saw certain FF members have theirs so I cobbled one which I never gave much thought to. After about two years, I took a closer look at what I had as a trading philosophy and I felt this didn't mean much. So I decided to change it to one that really represents my outlook on the markets. What about you, do you think you should have a trading philosophy? Why?

Trade safe and prosper.

KP

KeenPips Jun 4, 2019 4:36am | Post# 3

While a trader's trading philosophy often reflects their outlook on the markets or trading, it may even be a reflection of an approach to life. One popular FF member has a trading philosophy that seems to reflect a life philosophy. I arrived at my current trading philosophy after I realized that my trading benefits from seeking to trap the markets through market mastery, thorough market analysis and personal discipline. A reason why I chose 'TraptheMarket' as a username on Babypips and I came up with the 'Trap the Market' thread on FF. In my first three years in Forex trading, I was basically being trapped by the markets.

Share your trading philosophy here!

KP

KeenPips Jun 5, 2019 10:30am | Post# 4

My trading philosophy, as can be seen on the lower left-hand side of this post, reflects my understanding of the markets and the way I approach them. What about you? Do you have a trading philosophy? How does your trading philosophy reflect your trading strategy and market outlook?

Trade safe.

KP

Dingoman-two Jun 5, 2019 10:42am | Post# 5

My trading philosophy, as can be seen on the lower left-hand side of this post, reflects my understanding of the markets and the way I approach them. What about you? Do you have a trading philosophy? How does your trading philosophy reflect your trading strategy and market outlook? Trade safe. KP

My philosophy is to scalp the shit out of it all

My philosophy is to scalp the shit out of it all

In any direction my friend and look for announcements that can cause spikes, then try and avoid them

== all round

Cheers

Brian Dingoman two

KeenPips Jun 5, 2019 10:50am | Post# 6

Your trading philosophy is what is on the lower left-hand side of your post. This is different from what you jokingly wrote about. What you wrote does not represent a trading philosophy.

KP

{quote} My philosophy is to scalp the shit out of it all My philosophy is to scalp the shit out of it all In any direction my friend and look for announcements that can cause spikes, then try and avoid them == all round Cheers Brian Dingoman two

Dingoman-two Jun 5, 2019 10:58am | Post# 7

Your trading philosophy is what is on the lower left-hand side of your post. This is different from what you jokingly wrote about. What you wrote does not represent a trading philosophy. KP {quote}
Hi Keenpips,

You maybe right about the philosophy part my friend, but that's exactly what i do,

And there are quite a few posts out there were i show how i do it,

Please dont take this post as a rebuke, all i am doing is sharing.

KeenPips Jun 5, 2019 11:00am | Post# 8

Ding, I quite appreciate your sharing. It is the same reason why I created this thread; in fact, it is the reason I started all my threads. But I believe in meaningfully adding value to the FF community.

Trade safe.

KP

{quote} Hi Keenpips, You maybe right about the philosophy part my friend, but that's exactly what i do, And there are quite a few posts out there were i show how i do it, Please dont take this post as a rebuke, all i am doing is sharing.

havo Jun 5, 2019 11:41am | Post# 9

Play to win, nothing else matters !!!

KeenPips Jun 5, 2019 11:45am | Post# 10

Succinct! Could you tell us more? How does this affect or reflect your approach to the markets? Personally, I find the 'play' part interesting; trading should be fun, rather than a chore.

Trade safe.

KP

Play to win, nothing else matters !!!

hayseed Jun 5, 2019 11:48am | Post# 11

trade small...... grains of sand add up.....h

KeenPips Jun 5, 2019 11:52am | Post# 12

I am enjoying the contributions by @havo and @hayseed. Trade small... great point there mate. Trade small, make it big, then you can rely on house money?

Trade safe.

KP

trade small...... grains of sand add up.....h

havo Jun 5, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 13

Succinct! Could you tell us more? How does this affect or reflect your approach to the markets? Personally, I find the 'play' part interesting; trading should be fun, rather than a chore. Trade safe. KP {quote}

People "play" this game waaay to much on the defensive side because they DONT KNOW how to trade and they are never sure wtf could happen once they place a trade

"play to win" its once you know what you are doing and the hit rate you PLAY the odds in your favor and try to maximize the profit from every opportunity that the market shows you

You are doing this for the money, not for the "capital presevation" etc and all that crap; and im not sorry if someone gets offended, still its the cold, hard truth

KeenPips Jun 6, 2019 8:59am | Post# 14

Play to win, yes. Minimize your losses, yes too.

Trade safe.

KP

{quote} People "play" this game waaay to much on the defensive side because they DONT KNOW how to trade and they are never sure wtf could happen once they place a trade "play to win" its once you know what you are doing and the hit rate you PLAY the odds in your favor and try to maximize the profit from every opportunity that the market shows you You are doing this for the money, not for the "capital presevation" etc and all that crap; and im not sorry if someone gets offended, still its the cold, hard truth

Breza Jun 6, 2019 7:09pm | Post# 15

to try

- the market does not move on a random basis

- because movement is not accidental, there must be an answer

- I learn until I understand, again and again

- I do not like technical analysis

- I love the intellectual gymnastics that the market provides me

. There are no shortcuts on the road to success ( beginners attention )

AnthonyWins Jun 7, 2019 7:27am | Post# 16

I would say that trader should have a knowledge of trading psychology and keep the rules of it. (moreover, most of the posts here are about actually psychology and management). But the philosophy is about the market understanding in general.

KeenPips Jun 7, 2019 10:57am | Post# 17

Tell us your trading philosophy if you have any.

Trade safe.

KP

to try - the market does not move on a random basis - because movement is not accidental, there must be an answer - I learn until I understand, again and again - I do not like technical analysis - I love the intellectual gymnastics that the market provides me . There are no shortcuts on the road to success ( beginners attention )

KeenPips Jun 7, 2019 11:01am | Post# 18

Thanks mate but your post is off topic. You are to tell us your trading philosophy if you have any. Then explain how it reflects your approach to trading or the markets. Post #1 is very clear on the focus and theme of the thread.

KP

I would say that trader should have a knowledge of trading psychology and keep the rules of it. (moreover, most of the posts here are about actually psychology and management). But the philosophy is about the market understanding in general.

Breza Jun 7, 2019 12:25pm | Post# 19

OK, then only this is the last I wrote

While a trader's trading philosophy often reflects their outlook on the markets or trading, it may even be a reflection of an approach to life. One popular FF member has a trading philosophy that seems to reflect a life philosophy.
There are no shortcuts to success.

KeenPips Jun 7, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 20

Ok! Is that your trading philosophy? Could you tell us how this affects or reflects how you trade or approach the markets?

Trade safe and prosper.

KP

...There are no shortcuts to success.

© Forex Factory