Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Share your results from today (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=918088)

iamjacobs Jun 3, 2019 7:55am | Post# 21

1 Attachment(s)
The 1.119 level is reached but is still a strong resistance before 1.12 level of psychological level and I see the decline option to the 1.11300 level of support.
My open position is on the chart. As soon it closes I will post the result.
Click to Enlarge

Name: absolute.png
Size: 28 KB

danasa Jun 3, 2019 12:33pm | Post# 22

2 Attachment(s)
using supply/demand, candlestick, and Volume - both Tick and Delta! Find entries at swing turning point!

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZD.PNG
Size: 76 KB

same concept....

Click to Enlarge

Name: WTI.PNG
Size: 63 KB

iamjacobs Jun 7, 2019 7:57am | Post# 23

1 Attachment(s)
There is a triangle on GBPUSD, and I open a sell position according to the fact that correction should touch the resistance of 1.2690.

Click to Enlarge

Name: absolute.png
Size: 24 KB

iamjacobs Jun 7, 2019 8:01am | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
But the previous trading is bad. I've got losses.
It is emotionally hard to start with a small volume and rize up the account.

Click to Enlarge

Name: absoluteT.png
Size: 15 KB

plymgary Jun 7, 2019 8:46am | Post# 25

But the previous trading is bad. I've got losses. It is emotionally hard to start with a small volume and rize up the account. {image}
Is this a real account? If so, 1 lot size is not a 'small' order (unless you've got a huge amount of capital?).

AnthonyWins Jun 7, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 26

2 Attachment(s)
The NFP news pulled the USD to the new lows and the EUR/USD gets the 1.1300 level and even breaches it. I caught this movement and got some profit.
I considered an option of 1.1300 level reaching but when the impulse did not stop, I decided to wait for a correction to catch more pips.
Technically, the impulse starts from MA55 line and the final signal was a 78.6 Fib level breaching and RSI above 60.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 000lasttradesq.jpg
Size: 17 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: 0000000000000Waittvc_77a00299bc89c46831b23145d973f7f5.png
Size: 77 KB

bloodpoodle Jun 8, 2019 7:04am | Post# 27

I don't trade NFP day.. Made pips all week.. and took friday off.
Being a trader doesn't mean you have to trade every day..
Some days you may get 3 trades.. other days none.
Its when your trying to force a trade everyday is when your gonna make mistakes.
Some days I plan not to trade... then I see something happening.. and I'm in, those days are usually very good.
If you must trade every day.. you probably got a gambling addiction.

tiborf71 Jun 8, 2019 7:45am | Post# 28

I sometimes wait weeks for a good opportunity.
usually in d1 time zone.

Treeny Jun 8, 2019 7:48am | Post# 29

Two trades, +10 pips. I'm happy with that....

AnthonyWins Jun 8, 2019 8:44am | Post# 30

I don't trade NFP day.. Made pips all week.. and took friday off. Being a trader doesn't mean you have to trade every day.. Some days you may get 3 trades.. other days none. Its when your trying to force a trade everyday is when your gonna make mistakes. Some days I plan not to trade... then I see something happening.. and I'm in, those days are usually very good. If you must trade every day.. you probably got a gambling addiction.
Hi.
Forex market and trading is not a race and haste can lead to bad consequences. If a trader is able to find the right points of opening deals and uses at least a few of them, then this is a great success, this skill needs to be developed. I suppose every day trading in order to catch all possible earning options is a wrong way.
The market has a very strong news background, which is warmed up by trade war, tariffs and Brexit. This means that there are more opportunities to catch a good movement. But, traders, don't lose your head.
Sometimes I support the risk and excitement. For example, when it's the NFP day. Traders can try to catch a few pips during the news, but it's important to remember that the risk increases and proper account managing is needed.

Monroeblond Jun 11, 2019 8:23am | Post# 31

But the previous trading is bad. I've got losses. It is emotionally hard to start with a small volume and rize up the account. {image}
If you are not able to trade in small volumes, it will not work on large ones. Maybe for someone 1 lot is big. But it depends on the account type, maybe this is a cent account?

Monroeblond Jun 11, 2019 8:48am | Post# 32

Two trades, +10 pips. I'm happy with that....
+10 pips? Are you a scalper?
How do you do it?
I once tried, but for me it's a terrible stress.
I can only trade from 20+ pips of profit

Kyg Jun 11, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 33

{quote} If you are not able to trade in small volumes, it will not work on large ones. Maybe for someone 1 lot is big. But it depends on the account type, maybe this is a cent account?
The trader's big mistake is the initial incorrect risk assessment, which depends on the lot size. If the lot size does not correspond to a safe risk and accound balance, then it is difficult to set up a trading strategy. Evaluating the right size is very important. I know some traders who managed investors' funds and when a sharp increase in balance, they incorrectly determined the size of trades. As a result, the funds are lost.

AnthonyWins Jun 11, 2019 4:24pm | Post# 34

1 Attachment(s)
I lost on the GBP news movement yesterday, tried to catch some pips. But I returned it on EUR/USD pair, during the bullish movement today. I predicted the test of 1.1350 level again but it wasn't reached.

Posted on my twitter:

1. The EUR/USD dropped to 1.1304 and back to flat again. The fluctuation amplitude decreasing looks like a preparing for a impulse.

2. The EUR/USD tested the 1.1340 level. The bullish trend is clearly visible on the 1 hour chart. The impulse starts from 23.6 Fib level and MA55 line that was a strong support (1.1300 - 1.1310).

Click to Enlarge

Name: 000lasttrades.png
Size: 14 KB

trolloc63 Jun 11, 2019 8:16pm | Post# 35

Here are my results so far:

Its been 9 months now since I started in Forex. I thought I would give everyone an update on my status. And as you may have guessed, it is not a good one. Apparently, Iím stupid and donít know how to trade Forex. I did 3 months of education on Baby Pips, followed by the last 6 months of failed trading and more information overload on education. Iíve spent nearly 2K on courses/programs, indicators, trading in general, and about a dozen Udemy courses.
So far, Iíve tried (in no particular order): Trade with Bruce, Trade with Rayner, Forex Signals, Learn Currency Trading, Break the Cycle FX, Pip Society, Kou Lee Fx, just to name a few. All I have ever done is lost money. The education seems so good, but I can never translate it to live trading.
Needless to say, Iím fed up with paying for courses that I cannot use to actually trade. So either there is a lot of crap out there, or Iím just stupid. Iíd probably go for stupid myself, but who knows.
What I really need is a simple trading system that actually works and that I can trade. Thoughts?

Kyg Jun 12, 2019 7:33am | Post# 36

1 Attachment(s)
The trading session from yesterday.
I closed positions in bullish direction, as gbp/usd maintained a bullish trend until support reached 1.2750.

Click to Enlarge

Name: y89n.png
Size: 9 KB

Monroeblond Jun 12, 2019 7:57am | Post# 37

{quote} The trader's big mistake is the initial incorrect risk assessment, which depends on the lot size. If the lot size does not correspond to a safe risk and accound balance, then it is difficult to set up a trading strategy. Evaluating the right size is very important. I know some traders who managed investors' funds and when a sharp increase in balance, they incorrectly determined the size of trades. As a result, the funds are lost.
There're also opposite cases. This is not the main thing. The only indicator of success is trader experience in different conditions.
The first year trader doesn't even understand what he's doing and how it works.

AnthonyWins Jun 12, 2019 8:07am | Post# 38

Here are my results so far: Its been 9 months now since I started in Forex. I thought I would give everyone an update on my status. And as you may have guessed, it is not a good one. Apparently, Iím stupid and donít know how to trade Forex. I did 3 months of education on Baby Pips, followed by the last 6 months of failed trading and more information overload on education. Iíve spent nearly 2K on courses/programs, indicators, trading in general, and about a dozen Udemy courses. So far, Iíve tried (in no particular order): Trade with Bruce, Trade...
Hi,
learning is a process that never ends. You learn while trading, while losing and earning. Any courses are not enough to start trading. You need a lot of time, effort and new experience to achieve good results.
I don't know what exactly you tried and what you bought, but I'm sure that in order to grow and develop skills, you need to analyze the mistakes. After unsuccessful start, I'd stop trading for a while and study my mistakes. Perhaps you should gain experience on small deposits.

Monroeblond Jun 12, 2019 9:38am | Post# 39

Here are my results so far: Its been 9 months now since I started in Forex. I thought I would give everyone an update on my status. And as you may have guessed, it is not a good one. Apparently, I’m stupid and don’t know how to trade Forex. I did 3 months of education on Baby Pips, followed by the last 6 months of failed trading and more information overload on education. I’ve spent nearly 2K on courses/programs, indicators, trading in general, and about a dozen Udemy courses. So far, I’ve tried (in no particular order): Trade with Bruce, Trade...
Hi,
All I can say after what I saw in your post... is you ain't stupid. Just a little naive I think.
If I learned at least something in Forex, this is that every second trader says about Forex education, studying a numerous books, but this is complete bullshit.
I read these books from the Internet and it's more like a literary work of someone's thoughts, where someone else's thoughts take the basis.
Generally, only experience in trading can correct the situation, I hope. It'd be better if you spent 2k on trading, maybe even make a gain as "lucky newcomers" :-)

Monroeblond Jun 12, 2019 9:58am | Post# 40

As for my results:

I started some time ago. About 2 years. I didnt want quick gain, so I didnt so so focus on Forex.
I read the basic books on the Internet, but just for knowledge how it works (as I thought back then).

I opened a small account and started earning very quickly. I cant say that I used any strategy at all.
But then, after losses and calculations, I ended up with +50-100% of the initial deposit for more than a year and a half. Yes, and many say that this is only because I dont take the losses to heart.
Going further is impossible.
What should I do? I want to earn faster! Any thoughts?

© Forex Factory