Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

jgadefelth Jul 5, 2019 5:33am | Post# 1041

{quote} I've back tested about 8 pairs (From Jun to 2014-Jun 2017) so far and bar EURCHF all gave a positive expectancy with a win rate averaging 59%. These were ONLY CROSSOVER TRADES though on the daily timeframe. RH has mentioned continuation trades have a higher win ratio, which I have observed too. Whats more important though is how the method innately cuts losses short and allows winners to run. Your average loss compared to your average win is always lower and this even occured on EURCHF. In any case the answer to your question is YES. You...

How did you count be trades as winners or losers ?

Thank you.

Best regards

emmanuel7788 Jul 5, 2019 5:51am | Post# 1042

2 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD Jul 05 M15 setup for sell entry with small stop loss after the D1 set up above post. {image}
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD Jul 05 D1 Sydney 05-07-2019 07-37-43.png
Size: 64 KB

NZDCAD Jul 05 M15 trade entry after the D1 setup

will move SL to BE+ before NFP so I have a free trade no matter what happens later.

note below trade done with MT5 account hence the charts template colours are different.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD Jul 05 M15 entry 05-07-2019 17-47-33.png
Size: 50 KB

jgadefelth Jul 5, 2019 6:02am | Post# 1043

{quote} I've back tested about 8 pairs (From Jun to 2014-Jun 2017) so far and bar EURCHF all gave a positive expectancy with a win rate averaging 59%. These were ONLY CROSSOVER TRADES though on the daily timeframe. RH has mentioned continuation trades have a higher win ratio, which I have observed too. Whats more important though is how the method innately cuts losses short and allows winners to run. Your average loss compared to your average win is always lower and this even occured on EURCHF. In any case the answer to your question is YES. You...

It seems like a low winrate if we compare the results posted here, where there are hardly no losing trades Do you think this is because of different market conditions lately or people here trade the biggest movers of the pairs or something else ? Do you think you would have similar numbers if it would been on 4h charts ? And last question how did you exit your trades, because RH have presented a variety of options for that ?

Thank You.

Best regards

emmanuel7788 Jul 5, 2019 6:32am | Post# 1044

{quote} It seems like a low winrate if we compare the results posted here, where there are hardly no losing trades Do you think this is because of different market conditions lately or people here trade the biggest movers of the pairs or something else ? Do you think you would have similar numbers if it would been on 4h charts ? And last question how did you exit your trades, because RH have presented a variety of options for that ? Thank You. Best regards
when you trade this mechanical rule-based method you do not need high win rate.

when you can achieve and maintain a consistent win rate of 50% and every losing trade -1R and every winning trade minimum +1.5R you will make some money.

you need to practice practice practice in live market and must have strict discipline to pick the trade setups following the 7 indicators conditions as RH written in Post#1.

do the first 100 trades post your trade charts and let others comment on your trade entry, trade management and your trade exits.

after 100 trades, do the next 200 trades, then the next 300 trades... by the time you have done 1000 trades you will know if you can trade live with real money.

once you achieve a win rate of 50% with Expectancy of above 1.5, I will show you how to crank your Expectancy to above 2.5

emmanuel7788 Jul 5, 2019 6:36am | Post# 1045

1 Attachment(s)
My current open positions before NFP in about 2 hours.

I will close these and close shop for this week.

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMSr open positions Jul 05 05-07-2019 18-32-29.png
Size: 12 KB

Giedrius Jul 5, 2019 7:47am | Post# 1046

2 Attachment(s)
I think if you will be disciplined and organized you will make money with this system. RH put everything very simple, easy to understand. You can do yours adjustments to suit you. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me. I know I get panicked on pullbacks, retracement, spikes and closing trades. And after is so painful to watch how trend keeps going. You have to have solid exit rules. Plain and simple. And more to trust with indicators. Yesterday I closed trade based on watching 5min. chart double top and trend going against, looking S/R , was wrong,was just retracement got+6pips. And today going strongagain. So all who are interested in this system and see potential, has any tips and can share, here is place to do so. I don't want to damage this thread I hope RH understand this, but also don't want to see people in disillusion that here are no loosing trades! Good luck to all
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDM5.png
Size: 96 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDH4.png
Size: 93 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 5, 2019 7:49am | Post# 1047

1 Attachment(s)
My current open positions before NFP in about 2 hours. I will close these and close shop for this week. {image}
TMSr Trade Report Week 27 Jul 01 to 05.

Here is my trade results for this first week trading TMS(r) on H4 and D1 timeframes. Most of these trades I posted the CROSSOVER setup alerts in this thread and also when I have open my positions.
This is MT5 statement and it may look different from your MT4'.

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMSr H4 and D1 trades Jul 01 to 05 05-07-2019 19-40-57.png
Size: 48 KB

I have also use TMSr CROSSOVER AND CONTINUATION setups and added to my other trade plan IX 2018/2020 long term swing trades. I will post the results when I close London session today.

Work hard folks and you will make it. I am here to help you to make it.

Giedrius Jul 5, 2019 7:52am | Post# 1048

1 Attachment(s)
Today had another small loser , still trying wait and see was SL to tight or what. I really believed gonna go south!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCHFH4.png
Size: 94 KB

Giedrius Jul 5, 2019 7:56am | Post# 1049

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH4.png
Size: 87 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: CADJPYH4.png
Size: 86 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 5, 2019 8:02am | Post# 1050

Today had another small loser , still trying wait and see was SL to tight or what. I really believed gonna go south! {image}

small loser mean -1R

however, if that runs you will get 3Rs to 5Rs.

keep following this next week and the following weeks.

that blue colour rising channel you drew is very good and use that to follow the market until it change.

jgadefelth Jul 5, 2019 8:27am | Post# 1051

{quote} when you trade this mechanical rule-based method you do not need high win rate. when you can achieve and maintain a consistent win rate of 50% and every losing trade -1R and every winning trade minimum +1.5R you will make some money. you need to practice practice practice in live market and must have strict discipline to pick the trade setups following the 7 indicators conditions as RH written in Post#1. do the first 100 trades post your trade charts and let others comment on your trade entry, trade management and your trade exits. after...
Thank You.

You trades for this weeks have a winning rate of 75percent thats good common week or a very good for you ?

Best regards

RobinHood Jul 5, 2019 8:55am | Post# 1052

1 Attachment(s)
These trading set ups were just too good to resist:

Click to Enlarge

Name: NFP.PNG
Size: 101 KB

RobinHood Jul 5, 2019 9:02am | Post# 1053

1 Attachment(s)
I just added 2 more USDCAD and AUDUSD.

Buy strength, sell weakness.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NFP 2.PNG
Size: 148 KB

Rob_Trader Jul 5, 2019 9:07am | Post# 1054

1 Attachment(s)
How do you manage your trades ahead of news with high impact?
I decided two hours before the news, to pull my stops on BE, or in a slight profit.
Any opinion?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-07-05 1500 Open Trades.jpg
Size: 321 KB

RobinHood Jul 5, 2019 9:14am | Post# 1055

How do you manage your trades ahead of news with high impact? I decided two hours before the news, to pull my stops on BE, or in a slight profit. Any opinion? {image}
Someone just asked me the same thing basically in a private message. Here was my response:

I "fly" by the instruments ONLY just like a professional airline pilot. Whatever they tell me to do, I do.

I trade through news and I hold over the weekend (if the indicators tell me too).

Rob_Trader Jul 5, 2019 9:26am | Post# 1056

{quote}Whatever they tell me to do, I do. I trade through news and I hold over the weekend (if the indicators tell me too).
And what do you do if you have to leave two hours before the news and know that you will not be back until an hour after the news?

RobinHood Jul 5, 2019 9:48am | Post# 1057

{quote} And what do you do if you have to leave two hours before the news and know that you will not be back until an hour after the news?
I "fly" by the instruments ONLY just like a professional airline pilot. Whatever they tell me to do, I do.

I put in my stops and whatever happens happens. It's that simple.

The exceptions may be things like I am going on vacation, I get sick, etc. and therefore I can't trade.

See, here's the thing...

NONE of that stuff that everybody worries about affects my trading. Not S&R areas or lines, not previous highs or lows, not trend lines and NOT the news.

NONE of them can predict future direction of the market any better than 50/50, so why use them? and why worry about them?

By adding in that stuff, you are telling the indicators that you don 't trust them, so if that's the case then why even use them?

Are they wrong sometimes? YES!

Are they better than ANYTHING ELSE I have? YES!

You HAVE to learn to trust what they are telling you to do, AND THEN, DO IT!

Giedrius Jul 5, 2019 9:49am | Post# 1058

I just added 2 more USDCAD and AUDUSD. Buy strength, sell weakness. {image}
Nice, nothing else to say

marcara Jul 5, 2019 9:52am | Post# 1059

{quote} TMSr Trade Report Week 27 Jul 01 to 05. Here is my trade results for this first week trading TMS(r) on H4 and D1 timeframes. Most of these trades I posted the CROSSOVER setup alerts in this thread and also when I have open my positions. This is MT5 statement and it may look different from your MT4'. {image} I have also use TMSr CROSSOVER AND CONTINUATION setups and added to my other trade plan IX 2018/2020 long term swing trades. I will post the results when I close London session today. Work hard folks and you will make it. I am here to...
Many thanks for sharing and for your offer!
What is your position size amount?

Best regards

hikaru259 Jul 5, 2019 11:00am | Post# 1060

1 Attachment(s)
My trades right now with all of profit locked, trades are ready to stay over weekend.
Have a nice weekend guys!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 60 KB

© Forex Factory