Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

Rubernet May 29, 2020 1:42am | Post# 5601

1 Attachment(s)
@Rubernet, Can you kindly share your Pivot Indi and its settings? Thanks.
TzPivots.ex4

Rubernet May 29, 2020 2:51am | Post# 5602

GU short -42 {image}
One of those trades, rule of thump for me is when the dot changes color I get out and would enter again if it continues in the original direction I traded in.

Marcusv007 May 29, 2020 9:34am | Post# 5603

1 Attachment(s)
The idea behind the strategy I trade, is in the belief that between 0700 - 1900 trades can be opened and closed and profits banked systematically. Trading the RH method and the Ganns template to see key levels for price behavior history we get to anticipate what's up for grabs. The info below assumes you're trading the 4hour tf with same conditions confirmed on the daily TF before you open *most important*. The 7 conditions confirming trend setup as stated by RH. Time your entry on the lower TF to catch the swing in your direction. 1. RH method...
Just a heads up, Sometimes an asset will meet the conditions and show ready for a trade; use the Ganns to see its movement for the day (key levels past and whats ahead) before you open; you may also want to measure it against the ADR - Average day range *as you see here in top left of the picture* that its exceeded its days movement and maybe we will not see much more movement or atleast it gives you a heads up so you can make decisions to be content with 16pips and bank. Here we see EURCHF has exceeded its ADR 108.1% and is likely to start retracting.

By knowing whats available or possible we maybe avoid opening trades that might retract, because you could be arriving very late into the trade for the day.... so these clues can help... As we all know assets go up and down thats what the market does...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 88 KB

Rubernet May 29, 2020 11:36am | Post# 5604

{quote} Marcus, Thank you for your contributions! I have created a template (to test) where I integrated the Gann template that you posted with the tools that I currently use. Note: Please don't ask me to post all the indicators I use again. They have all been posted in this thread before. Here they are: {image} {file}
Hi RH

Could you please request Swingman to add a alert to the TMMS Oscillator for when the dots change color, will be great exit indicator on all TF's

RobinHood May 29, 2020 3:20pm | Post# 5605

{quote} Hi RH Could you please request Swingman to add a alert to the TMMS Oscillator for when the dots change color, will be great exit indicator on all TF's
I just sent him your request by email.

Usually once he's done it, he will post it in this thread, otherwise I will let you know if/when he lets me know.

simcu May 29, 2020 5:52pm | Post# 5606

Which trading session are you (the people of this thread) having the most success with?

I live in Japan and am free mostly duing the day but 4 hour charts are too slow for the asian session. By the time i get a signal the move usually reverses so was thinking to try 1 hour charts until NY sessoin opens. I can still trade London between my work and the first couple of hours of NY. Will leave trades a BE or close before bed usually.

Celal May 30, 2020 2:45am | Post# 5607

Hi Rubernet,
After I enter a trade in H4 firstly it goes in my favour and when I wait the hull ma to turn for exit, it turns early and breaks my stop,or when I wait c<5ema to sell, it turns back and break my stop. What can I do? What is your goal for a trade in pips, may be 30-50-100 pips, or c<hull ma, or first,second pivot, or nearest zone,what is your personal opinion to exit?

Rubernet May 30, 2020 5:11am | Post# 5608

Hi Rubernet, After I enter a trade in H4 firstly it goes in my favour and when I wait the hull ma to turn for exit, it turns early and breaks my stop,or when I wait c<5ema to sell, it turns back and break my stop. What can I do? What is your goal for a trade in pips, may be 30-50-100 pips, or c<hull ma, or first,second pivot, or nearest zone,what is your personal opinion to exit?
Hi Celal, I will start off to suggest that you 1st have to decide what type of trader you are or want to be, scalper, swing, day or position trader because that will assist you to decide how to trade this system, why am I saying this, because this is actually a trend trading system which can last for days even weeks.

To answer your questions on how I trade, I need to 1st give a back ground as how I approach the market. Commonly known the market ranges most of the time, those ranges usually happen between the trends. Have a look at a naked 4hr chart and zoom out. You will notice a turn in the market with a trend move on average for about 1 x ADR of that pair, the pair will then range for a period of time, length is depended on how the Market Makers are playing the game, thereafter you usually get a spike in the opposite direction of the original move and then back down in the original direction for about another 1 x ADR. This whole occurrence usually take place for about 3 x ADR's then price usually turns and a new move plays out in the opposite direction. On average the whole move plays out over a period of 3 -5 days but I have noticed some pairs extend over a longer period. This pattern repeats itself over and over, it is just the different moves inside the overall pattern that changes.

This information above is the bench mark I plan all my trading on. So I suggest that you analyze all the 4 hr charts of the pairs you are planning to trade, also good to check the daily and weekly if you are only planning to trade on the 4 hr chart. Identify and draw the Supply and Demand zones on the 4hr chart, also good to visit the daily and weekly to assist with this. There is good information on YouTube to assist you with this. Next identify the support and resistance areas. Next get a monthly, weekly, daily HL indicator. A daily pivot is also a good indicator to have when trading the ranging market on a lower TF, when the market ranges I trade the 30m chart with 15m for entry. I am happy to take 30 pips but I usually go pivot to pivot or next pivot depending on the momentum not volume, don't let a volume indicator fool you.

When I have minimum trading time available due to work I trade zone to zone on the 4hr or daily chart and try to get the full 3 x ADR. If I have more time on the 1hr chart I will trade the trends between the ranges and my target is then 1 x ADR.

I use the RH system as I had a similar setup but with separate indicators, so thanks to Swingman who combined it all into one indicator. It is a good signal indicator but you cannot just blindly enter a trade on a signal. On the exit question, I will advise to exit as soon as the dot on the TMMS changes color, if the market changes again and it is a confirmed continuation trade then just re enter the trade, safest option for me.

Also remember not to have tight stops, my rule of thumb is 1,5 x ATR of the closed candle I took the trade on.

Hope this answers all your questions and more.

Trade safe.

Celal May 30, 2020 7:38am | Post# 5609

Hi Rubernet,

Thank you for detailed answer, also this helps other members. Sory I coudn't understand some of them;

Does the impulse patern that goes for 3-5 days involves 3*ADR?(in H4,D1)?

For stop loss calculation do you suptact 1*ATR from the open price of the bar or from the close of the bar?

Thanks again for all..

Rubernet May 30, 2020 8:25am | Post# 5610

Hi Rubernet, Thank you for detailed answer, also this helps other members. Sory I coudn't understand some of them; Does the impulse patern that goes for 3-5 days involves 3*ADR?(in H4,D1)? For stop loss calculation do you suptact 1*ATR from the open price of the bar or from the close of the bar? Thanks again for all..
It is a pleasure, I do the MM pattern recognition on the 4hr chart, I use 1,5 or ATR from the open price for SL. In my original post I said 1, correction, 1,5. Just remember it is ATR and not ADR.

Celal May 30, 2020 10:14am | Post# 5611

Hi Rubernet,

Thank you very much..

Celal May 30, 2020 2:04pm | Post# 5612

Hi Swingman,

At ''smTMMS Oscilator.v7.2'' when dots change its colour? How It changes the colour one bar before the hull ma turns? Am I wrong ? Can you tell? I ask this Because I use MT5 and there is no dots on TMMS oscillator.

SwingMan May 31, 2020 6:58am | Post# 5613

2 Attachment(s)
New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v7.3.1"

Version with additional alerts for
- crossing the SMI line (violet and yellow lines)
- Dots color change (slope of Hull MA)

The alerts are only calculated when the bars are closed.
In the previous versions, signals sometimes appeared when a bar was open and did not disappear until the close, when the conditions were no longer met.
Sure one can also program that but I don't know if that would be interesting.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD-TMMASosc731.PNG
Size: 68 KB
smTMMS Oscillator_v7.3.1.mq4

Celal May 31, 2020 7:40am | Post# 5614

Hi SwingMan,

Thank you very much..

RobinHood May 31, 2020 8:40am | Post# 5615

New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v7.3.1" Version with additional alerts for - crossing the SMI line (violet and yellow lines) - Dots color change (slope of Hull MA) The alerts are only calculated when the bars are closed. In the previous versions, signals sometimes appeared when a bar was open and did not disappear until the close, when the conditions were no longer met. Sure one can also program that but I don't know if that would be interesting. {image} {file}
Thanks SwingMan!

krismitt May 31, 2020 7:15pm | Post# 5616

New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v7.3.1" Version with additional alerts for - crossing the SMI line (violet and yellow lines) - Dots color change (slope of Hull MA) The alerts are only calculated when the bars are closed. In the previous versions, signals sometimes appeared when a bar was open and did not disappear until the close, when the conditions were no longer met. Sure one can also program that but I don't know if that would be interesting. {image} {file}
Thanks Swingman.

Just checking of you were able to sort the bug with the vertical lines in this new version?.

Best.

Krismitt.

pipcruiser May 31, 2020 7:27pm | Post# 5617

Hi there, great work swingman.

How do I get alerts only when an arrow are printed (closed candle)?

And would it be possible to add push alerts in next version?

Thanks a lot

PC

SwingMan May 31, 2020 7:31pm | Post# 5618

{quote} Thanks Swingman. Just checking of you were able to sort the bug with the vertical lines in this new version?. Best. Krismitt.
I changed the function for drawing the vertical lionia and I think it is correct.
Please test and post a chart if something is wrong.

SwingMan May 31, 2020 7:34pm | Post# 5619

{quote} Hi there, great work swingman. How do I get alerts only when an arrow are printed (closed candle)? And would it be possible to add push alerts in next version? Thanks a lot PC
Check the input parameters. Push notification is available, please test it.

bojack34 May 31, 2020 7:52pm | Post# 5620

{quote} Check the input parameters. Push notification is available, please test it.
Hi SM. I just wanted to say I hope your health is ok. You have done SO much for people on this thread. You've "paid it forward" to so many. I thank you very much for the 3 bar fractal indicator you adjusted for me. It's helped me a lot. I will put you in my prayers. I hope all is well.

© Forex Factory