Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

RobinHood Apr 11, 2020 8:01am | Post# 4661

4 Attachment(s)
Excuse me, but can anyone help me set up the yellow MACD line like what RobinHood have? {image}
1. Download these and install them into your Indicators folder:

MACD True.ex4

MACD True.mq4

2. Close MT4 and restart it.

3. Open the Navigator (push Ctrl + N)

4. Click on the MACD True indicator and DRAG it over and on top of the smTMMS indicator.

5. Change the MACD True Color settings to what you see below (OR just use the Template below the image):

Click to Enlarge

Name: MACD True Settings.JPG
Size: 41 KB

Here is the current Template that I use. I call it: # 4

# 4.tpl

FXShoujo Apr 11, 2020 8:15am | Post# 4662

{quote} 1. Download these and install them into your Indicators folder: {file} {file} 2. Close MT4 and restart it. 3. Open the Navigator (push Ctrl + N) 4. Click on the MACD True indicator and DRAG it over and on top of the smTMMS indicator. 5. Change the MACD True Color settings to what you see below (OR just use the Template below the image): {image} Here is the current Template that I use. I call it: # 4 {file}
Nice, thank u very much.

RobinHood Apr 11, 2020 8:17am | Post# 4663

{quote} Nice, thank u very much.

FXShoujo Apr 11, 2020 8:21am | Post# 4664

2 Attachment(s)
It seems the MACD line got shifted if I move the chart, so how do you read it properly for back testing?
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd-h4-octafx-uk-limited.png
Size: 84 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd-h4-octafx-uk-limited-2.png
Size: 90 KB

RobinHood Apr 11, 2020 8:31am | Post# 4665

It seems the MACD line got shifted if I move the chart, so how do you read it properly for back testing? {image} {image}
It does shift somewhat, so I don't rely on it for back testing. Personally, I only use it real time on live Daily charts.

I have just contacted SwingMan to see if he can combine the 2 indicators into 1 and possibly stop that issue.

If he can do it, I will post it here.

FXShoujo Apr 11, 2020 8:41am | Post# 4666

{quote} It does shift somewhat, so I don't rely on it for back testing. Personally, I only use it real time on live Daily charts. I have just contacted SwingMan to see if he can combine the 2 indicators into 1 and possibly stop that issue. If he can do it, I will post it here.
Okay, thanks. Then I will try to use it on real time as well for the testing. I will make sure to post them here.

40PipsAlan Apr 11, 2020 8:43am | Post# 4667

{quote} Okay, thanks. Then I will try to use it on real time as well for the testing. I will make sure to post them here.
How about a forex simulator. I posted one a while back.

Iamdrp Apr 11, 2020 10:05am | Post# 4668

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} 1. Download these and install them into your Indicators folder: {file} {file} 2. Close MT4 and restart it. 3. Open the Navigator (push Ctrl + N) 4. Click on the MACD True indicator and DRAG it over and on top of the smTMMS indicator. 5. Change the MACD True Color settings to what you see below (OR just use the Template below the image): {image} Here is the current Template that I use. I call it: # 4 {file}
Hi Rh thank you for this update, may i ask you question regarding the mac line ? you said that it can be used as an exit strategy when it cross the grey line of the tmms oscillator, so in the first chart i am posting we shouldn't enter the trade because the macd line is outside the tmms oscillator probably meaning that the trend already overextende?, while in the second chart at the red vertical line we should enter because we can use the macd line as an exit indicator right? hope that i make sense and that everyone could understand what i mean thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 228 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 222 KB

FXShoujo Apr 11, 2020 10:16am | Post# 4669

{quote} There is also the LFH trading simulator EA which you can use in the strategy tester and single step the charts viewing mutiple timeframes to test your trading skills. Screenshot attached shows H1,H4,H8 and H16 timeframes. I watch the H4 for signals and drop down to the H1 for position building. Cant seem to make it work for a daily chart tho, but nonetheless ok for tinkering at the weekends while you wait for the markets to open. {image} {file}
Is it this one? How does it work?

40PipsAlan Apr 11, 2020 10:40am | Post# 4670

{quote} Is it this one? How does it work?
Thatís the one. Itís an EA that runs in strategy tester. Select the pair and TF apply your template and you can single step through each candle to locate your trade entry. Place your trade by double clicking the buy or sell script and then continue single stepping till your trade wins or loses. There is probably lots of FF hints and tips available. I havenít used it in a while as I prefer live demo testing.

RobinHood Apr 11, 2020 11:27am | Post# 4671

{quote} Hi Rh thank you for this update, may i ask you question regarding the mac line ? you said that it can be used as an exit strategy when it cross the grey line of the tmms oscillator, so in the first chart i am posting we shouldn't enter the trade because the macd line is outside the tmms oscillator probably meaning that the trend already overextende?, while in the second chart at the red vertical line we should enter because we can use the macd line as an exit indicator right? hope that i make sense and that everyone could understand what...
Not to avoid the questions, but I have no set in concrete rules at this point on how to use it. I simply noticed that using it a crossover method to exit a trade is very often very good.

Also, when the MACD line crosses over the Zero Line it can be a really good entry. The problem is, it's near perfect sometimes, and other times it crosses the Zero Line much too late (in my opinion).

PLUS, you will see LOTS of times that besides using it as an exit signal, you can also use it as an entry signal when it crosses the DimGray Line. And very often, entering that way you can usually use a relatively small stop.

>>> The thing to understand about my methods is that they are like the food and spices in a kitchen. There's a gazillion combinations that you can use, but it's up to you to decide exactly how because we all have different minds, hence, different thought processes, and different tolerances for pain and pleasure.

My goal in this thread is to teach people lots of different ways (methods) to fish, and not to just give them fish. That way, hopefully, they'll find something that fits THEIR trading personality.

BTW, I love trading systems, with concrete rules, (I used to write them and sell them for BIG MONEY) but I have NEVER seen ANY trader that could follow one exactly every single time, 100% of the time, with no deviations. That's why I switched to trading "methods". We each could buy or sell the same pair at the same time, and we could both win, or we could both lose, or one of us could win and the other one lose.

Traders must learn not to focus on winning, they must learn to concentrate on processes that create winning.

tonberry Apr 12, 2020 5:24am | Post# 4672

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} When I started the thread, I posted 7 different indicators. There were 3 separate indicators in the lower window (or 4 if you count the 50 Purple Line, which I don't). Another member (SwingMan) who writes MT4/MT5 code for indicators, etc. combined them into one indicator which made them visually easier to read (in my opinion).
I too prefer to mostly rely on SW oscillators for signalling entries. On my H4 charts I have set it up to also show daily and will take trades when H4 = D1 on the SW oscillator (saves having to switch back and forth) and ideally when the MACD line is in the top sell area.

As an example, below I consider the 1st buy trade I consider a weak trade because H4 and Daily are not aligned and MACD line is in the sell area of the oscillator (worse still its almost touching the grey line). The 2nd sell trade is much stronger because H4 = D1 and the MACD line is in the sell region (and we have quite a way to go before it will touch the grey line).
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 75 KB

scmylts Apr 12, 2020 6:47am | Post# 4673

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hija scmylts - can you share that "digital clock" on your RHS chart.....that would be real handy for me
File attached
P4L Clock3.ex4
P4L Clock3.mq4

RobinHood Apr 12, 2020 12:54pm | Post# 4674

{quote} I too prefer to mostly rely on SW oscillators for signalling entries. On my H4 charts I have set it up to also show daily and will take trades when H4 = D1 on the SW oscillator (saves having to switch back and forth) and ideally when the MACD line is in the top sell area. As an example, below I consider the 1st buy trade I consider a weak trade because H4 and Daily are not aligned and MACD line is in the sell area of the oscillator (worse still its almost touching the grey line). The 2nd sell trade is much stronger because H4 = D1 and the...
That's interesting. Thanks for posting it.

keansajeweki Apr 12, 2020 5:19pm | Post# 4675

{quote} I too prefer to mostly rely on SW oscillators for signalling entries. On my H4 charts I have set it up to also show daily and will take trades when H4 = D1 on the SW oscillator (saves having to switch back and forth) and ideally when the MACD line is in the top sell area. As an example, below I consider the 1st buy trade I consider a weak trade because H4 and Daily are not aligned and MACD line is in the sell area of the oscillator (worse still its almost touching the grey line). The 2nd sell trade is much stronger because H4 = D1 and the...
Hello Tonberry. where did you download the smTMMS oscillator V3 MTF?

Deminsib Apr 12, 2020 6:09pm | Post# 4676

Hello.

Could you please describe ho you set up TMMS so it reflects DAILY chart?

Thanks in advance!

tonberry Apr 13, 2020 3:26am | Post# 4677

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello Tonberry. where did you download the smTMMS oscillator V3 MTF?
Hi keansajeweki

If you need the older version of the oscillator its below.

Deminsib, to setup the H4 oscillator to reflect daily, I simply multiplied all numerical values by 6 (e.g. RSI becomes 84, stochastic becomes 48 etc). It won't match Daily exactly but should be fairly close most of the time.
smTMMS Oscillator_v3.0.ex4

Nonip Apr 13, 2020 5:02am | Post# 4678

1 Attachment(s)
I just entered short on EURJPY. I need feedback whether the entry was okay as per the rules.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot (32).png
Size: 163 KB

keansajeweki Apr 13, 2020 5:52am | Post# 4679

{quote} Hi keansajeweki If you need the older version of the oscillator its below. Deminsib, to setup the H4 oscillator to reflect daily, I simply multiplied all numerical values by 6 (e.g. RSI becomes 84, stochastic becomes 48 etc). It won't match Daily exactly but should be fairly close most of the time. {file}
Thank you Tonberry, now i know how you did it, but i use the V5.

RobinHood Apr 13, 2020 6:08am | Post# 4680

1 Attachment(s)
I just entered short on EURJPY. I need feedback whether the entry was okay as per the rules. {image}
Yes, it's a legit entry (on the 4 hr. chart).

From my perspective, what concerns me is how erratic the Daily chart looks, and the mixed signals the indicators are showing.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EJ Daily.JPG
Size: 240 KB

I like to look at a chart that is one time frame higher than I am trading AND I prefer trading charts that are moving in an orderly fashion. And while the EJ 4 hr. chart is, the Daily is not.

That's not to say that I must always have the daily going the same way as the 4 hr. to make a trade, because you could also confer with the Weekly or Monthly to see an even bigger picture. But all these considerations are just my personal preferences, not concrete rules.

* This is just my commentary, it in no way means to stay in the trade or to get out as no one can predict the future.

© Forex Factory