Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

SuperGuyRemi Apr 9, 2020 4:10pm | Post# 4641

{quote} They are the same indicators per se, it's just that another member here (SwingMan) combined the numerous indicators I showed in Post #1 into something that is visually much easier to trade. Plus, I have added a MACD line that I have never shown before (until now) because it's a discovery that I made and started using after I last posted here. BTW, this how much things can change since I last posted here 21 mins ago. {image}
Robinhood, can I have the link to v4.0 of that indi? I can't find it in the thread.

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 4:34pm | Post# 4642

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Robinhood, can I have the link to v4.0 of that indi? I can't find it in the thread.
smTMMS Oscillator_v4.0.ex4

smTMMS Oscillator_v4.0.mq4

Deminsib Apr 9, 2020 4:43pm | Post# 4643

{quote} Ahhh I see, thanks. I'll search the thread for it, I'm just getting started with this strategy and have had stellar results, so thanks for that.
Hello RobinHood.

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge!
I have just started reading this thread and very eager to learn from you.

I really hope it will help me to become a profitable trader!

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 5:09pm | Post# 4644

{quote} Hello RobinHood. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge! I have just started reading this thread and very eager to learn from you. I really hope it will help me to become a profitable trader!
You're welcome, and good luck!

Deminsib Apr 9, 2020 5:13pm | Post# 4645

{quote} You're welcome, and good luck!
Thanks!

I also applied MACD to my chart but not quite sure what kind of signal is used from it...

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 5:33pm | Post# 4646

{quote} Thanks! I also applied MACD to my chart but not quite sure what kind of signal is used from it...
Yeah, I very intentionally didn't mention how I use it, but when someone figures it out, it's a game changer.

The idea of this thread is for OTHERS to also contribute trading ideas, which has often happened.

I'd like to see how others would use it, and when someone gets it right, I'll say so.

krismitt Apr 9, 2020 5:38pm | Post# 4647

Hi Everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I'd check in and let you guys know that the Corona Virus hasn't taken me out me as of yet! I have been absent mostly because I started trading stocks much more heavily and I've devoted most of my attention there for the last few months. I am trading stocks with something vaguely similar as the way I trade the Forex (like the charts below, and I'm doing pretty well). The system is still working, as it always does and always will. Personally, I am just viewing the Forex charts in a very slightly...
Hi there Pal:

Nice seeing you around.

Thanks for a great system; still the best!.

Trade well.

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 5:51pm | Post# 4648

{quote} Hi there Pal: Nice seeing you around. Thanks for a great system; still the best!. Trade well.
Thank you!

neil001 Apr 9, 2020 8:04pm | Post# 4649

first H4 Continuous trade which meets the criteria. {image}
Hija scmylts - can you share that "digital clock" on your RHS chart.....that would be real handy for me

Deminsib Apr 10, 2020 12:21am | Post# 4650

{quote} Yeah, I very intentionally didn't mention how I use it, but when someone figures it out, it's a game changer. The idea of this thread is for OTHERS to also contribute trading ideas, which has often happened. I'd like to see how others would use it, and when someone gets it right, I'll say so.
Hmm...
First pick-it seems like an exit signal to me, MACD crossing TMMS indicates possible reversal..

I'm still very green though lost a lot..

keansajeweki Apr 10, 2020 5:30am | Post# 4651

{quote} Yeah, I very intentionally didn't mention how I use it, but when someone figures it out, it's a game changer. The idea of this thread is for OTHERS to also contribute trading ideas, which has often happened. I'd like to see how others would use it, and when someone gets it right, I'll say so.
Hello Robinhood and thank you for this awesome system, so far the only one that is working for me.
I did insert the MACD line and think i know why you use it, it's not (only) to get out of a trade, but (also) when a signal appears, it's an extra confirmation to take the trade or ignore it. i will try it out and let you know
Are you trading stocks on MT4 while using this system if i may ask?

Happy eastern and thanx again!

RobinHood Apr 10, 2020 7:12am | Post# 4652

2 Attachment(s)
Deminsib & keansajewki, you guys are correct!

1. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing over or under the Zero Line as a confirmation to enter a trade (the Zero Line is an invisible line comprised of the blue and orange dots in the lower window). I NEVER use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the Zero Line as a stand alone entry method. I only use it as an entry signal when I combine it with other indicators (meaning some or all of the 7 indicators that I show in Post # 1).

2. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the DimGray Line as an exit indicator. Go through some charts and just look at how amazing it can be!

Remember, NO INDICATOR is PERFECT. They just "indicate" information to you. Sometimes they're wrong. They all are wrong "sometimes".

Please Note: I don't ALWAYS use these 2 methods in my trading. They are just part of a large arsenal of methods I use and wanted to share.

Click to Enlarge

Name: MACD as Exit Indicator 2.JPG
Size: 224 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: MACD Crossover as Exit.JPG
Size: 270 KB

RobinHood Apr 10, 2020 7:19am | Post# 4653

{quote} Hello Robinhood and thank you for this awesome system, so far the only one that is working for me. I did insert the MACD line and think i know why you use it, it's not (only) to get out of a trade, but (also) when a signal appears, it's an extra confirmation to take the trade or ignore it. i will try it out and let you know Are you trading stocks on MT4 while using this system if i may ask? Happy eastern and thanx again!
No, I use TC2000 for stock charts (and Interactive Brokers as my broker for stocks), but that's only because I have for the last 20+ years.

RobinHood Apr 10, 2020 7:43am | Post# 4654

1 Attachment(s)
Here are where the trades that I posted yesterday are today (this is a live account):

Click to Enlarge

Name: Trade Update1.JPG
Size: 355 KB

Nonip Apr 10, 2020 9:16am | Post# 4655

Deminsib & keansajewki, you guys are correct! 1. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing over or under the Zero Line as a confirmation to enter a trade (the Zero Line is an invisible line comprised of the blue and orange dots in the lower window). I NEVER use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the Zero Line as a stand alone entry method. I only use it as an entry signal when I combine it with other indicators (meaning some or all of the 7 indicators that I show in Post # 1). 2. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the DimGray Line as an exit indicator. Go...
Sweet RH,you're getting me all exited.Do you use a special settings for the MACD?

RobinHood Apr 10, 2020 9:31am | Post# 4656

{quote} Sweet RH,you're getting me all exited.Do you use a special settings for the MACD?
No, just the standard settings...12, 26, 9.

Deminsib Apr 10, 2020 5:44pm | Post# 4657

Deminsib & keansajewki, you guys are correct! 1. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing over or under the Zero Line as a confirmation to enter a trade (the Zero Line is an invisible line comprised of the blue and orange dots in the lower window). I NEVER use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the Zero Line as a stand alone entry method. I only use it as an entry signal when I combine it with other indicators (meaning some or all of the 7 indicators that I show in Post # 1). 2. I use the Yellow MACD Line crossing the DimGray Line as an exit indicator. Go...

Great! Thanks!

I am still a bit curios about what that means " in a very slightly different way".

I'm only on the page 11 for the thread and have just also started "Phantom's Gift".

RobinHood Apr 11, 2020 6:55am | Post# 4658

{quote} Great! Thanks! I am still a bit curios about what that means " in a very slightly different way". I'm only on the page 11 for the thread and have just also started "Phantom's Gift".
When I started the thread, I posted 7 different indicators. There were 3 separate indicators in the lower window (or 4 if you count the 50 Purple Line, which I don't).

Another member (SwingMan) who writes MT4/MT5 code for indicators, etc. combined them into one indicator which made them visually easier to read (in my opinion).

Deminsib Apr 11, 2020 7:11am | Post# 4659

{quote} When I started the thread, I posted 7 different indicators. There were 3 separate indicators in the lower window (or 4 if you count the 50 Purple Line, which I don't). Another member (SwingMan) who writes MT4/MT5 code for indicators, etc. combined them into one indicator which made them visually easier to read (in my opinion).
Thank you!

FXShoujo Apr 11, 2020 7:48am | Post# 4660

1 Attachment(s)
Excuse me, but can anyone help me set up the yellow MACD line like what RobinHood have?
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd-h1-octafx-uk-limited.png
Size: 71 KB

© Forex Factory