Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

Skyfinger Mar 20, 2020 11:34am | Post# 4621

Where did everyone go? The topic is very interesting! RobinHood - Thank you so much for the strategy!

bythepound Mar 20, 2020 2:52pm | Post# 4622

Skyfinger - still here. It's a good thread. Maybe too good. One thing that I am doing is using the 4HR chart to get the trend and then using the 5 min to time the entry. I bagged 50 pips this morning. You can use a Weekly trend and enter using the 4HR if you don't have time to scalp the markets.

Skyfinger Mar 20, 2020 3:02pm | Post# 4623

Skyfinger - still here. It's a good thread. Maybe too good. One thing that I am doing is using the 4HR chart to get the trend and then using the 5 min to time the entry. I bagged 50 pips this morning. You can use a Weekly trend and enter using the 4HR if you don't have time to scalp the markets.
I trade using this method! I'm fine!

Skyfinger Mar 21, 2020 6:38am | Post# 4624

1 Attachment(s)
When there is a trend, it is very easy to earn money:

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYH4.png
Size: 104 KB

keansajeweki Mar 21, 2020 7:22am | Post# 4625

I also use it with the daily and when there is no trade i search for the 4H charts. System is a good one indeed

James1749 Mar 21, 2020 8:25am | Post# 4626

I also use this with the Daily as well, plus 4 hr and have had good results.
I believe it is a very good system, the best I have used. Just a matter of learning as much about price action as you can, having patience and the HMA cross
is marvellous. I think the TMS Oscillator that Swingman built is fantastic, showing in colour whether the 8 and 14 EMA is above or below the 50 level.
No mistakes this way.

tonberry Mar 27, 2020 6:53am | Post# 4627

Markets seem very choppy at the moment and I haven't found a decent setup at all this week, so staying on the sidelines for now.

FXShoujo Mar 30, 2020 1:56am | Post# 4628

Excuse me, but how do you define a trend, specifically? I am sure everyone have different specific definition of a trend, so I want to make sure. Thank you.

procmail Mar 30, 2020 2:30am | Post# 4629

{quote} Excuse me, but how do you define a trend, specifically? I am sure everyone have different specific definition of a trend, so I want to make sure. Thank you.
Doesn't really matter what one's definition of trends is, because here we are flying by instruments.

From the first post:

Crossover Trades:
1. The HMA Line is Lime Green and crosses above the Yellow Line for long trades OR the HMA Line and is Deep Pink and crosses below the Yellow Line for short trades.
2. The candles must have just changed from Dodger Blue/Blue to Red/Maroon for short trades or from Red/Maroon to Dodger Blue/Blue for long trades.
Continuation Trades:
- A Continuation Trade is when there has already been a trade in that direction, but you were stopped out OR got out for some other reason and then you get another signal to enter in.
1. You can go long again if a bar turns back to Dodger Blue/Blue after being Red/Maroon or Red/Blue AND the Dodger Blue/Blue bar's close is above the Yellow Line and all other indicators agree.
2. You can go short again if a bar turns back to Red/Maroon after being Dodger Blue/Blue or Red/Blue AND the Red/Maroon bar's close is below the Yellow Line and all other indicators agree.

procmail Mar 30, 2020 2:39am | Post# 4630

Markets seem very choppy at the moment and I haven't found a decent setup at all this week, so staying on the sidelines for now.
I had pretty good results trading last week on the lower timeframes during the London and NY sessions.

There were losses as well, but most, if not all, of the losses came during the Asian session.

procmail Apr 1, 2020 3:23am | Post# 4631

1 Attachment(s)
Used an EA to take profit, using a reducing trailing stop loss.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 85 KB

exking Apr 2, 2020 3:55am | Post# 4632

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,
I started to use this from yesterday and I've got good results. I usually look for a trade setup on H1 and then I take the trade in the same direction on M15 or M5.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM15.png
Size: 55 KB

exking Apr 2, 2020 4:13am | Post# 4633

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1.png
Size: 57 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM15.png
Size: 52 KB

tonberry Apr 2, 2020 5:57am | Post# 4634

{quote} I had pretty good results trading last week on the lower timeframes during the London and NY sessions. There were losses as well, but most, if not all, of the losses came during the Asian session.
Thanks for the feedback, I have found in the past 2 weeks or so, that due to the choppiness, trends are very "short lived" at the moment. So it makes sense that shorter time frames such as 1 Hour and 15 minutes are still profitable.

procmail Apr 2, 2020 10:37am | Post# 4635

{quote} Thanks for the feedback, I have found in the past 2 weeks or so, that due to the choppiness, trends are very "short lived" at the moment. So it makes sense that shorter time frames such as 1 Hour and 15 minutes are still profitable.
My H4 trades often reverse at 30-50 pips mark, stopping me out. So I've taken to using a trailing stop loss on my trades, on top of trading M15 and H1.

scmylts Apr 6, 2020 5:39am | Post# 4636

1 Attachment(s)
first H4 Continuous trade which meets the criteria.
Click to Enlarge

Name: SNAG-0005.jpg
Size: 492 KB

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 3:26pm | Post# 4637

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I'd check in and let you guys know that the Corona Virus hasn't taken me out me as of yet!

I have been absent mostly because I started trading stocks much more heavily and I've devoted most of my attention there for the last few months.

I am trading stocks with something vaguely similar as the way I trade the Forex (like the charts below, and I'm doing pretty well).

The system is still working, as it always does and always will.

Personally, I am just viewing the Forex charts in a very slightly different way now as opposed to when I stopped posting a while back, and I am only trading Daily charts these days.

Here are my current Forex trades:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Trades.JPG
Size: 348 KB

SuperGuyRemi Apr 9, 2020 3:31pm | Post# 4638

Hi Everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I'd check in and let you guys know that the Corona Virus hasn't taken me out me as of yet! I have been absent mostly because I started trading stocks much more heavily and I've devoted most of my attention there for the last few months. I am trading stocks with something vaguely similar as the way I trade the Forex (like the charts below, and I'm doing pretty well). The system is still working, as it always does and always will. Personally, I am just viewing the Forex charts in a very slightly...
Robinhood, do you no longer use your old set of indicators to trade forex?

RobinHood Apr 9, 2020 3:47pm | Post# 4639

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Robinhood, do you no longer use your old set of indicators to trade forex?
They are the same indicators per se, it's just that another member here (SwingMan) combined the numerous indicators I showed in Post #1 into something that is visually much easier to trade. Plus, I have added a MACD line that I have never shown before (until now) because it's a discovery that I made and started using after I last posted here.

BTW, this is how much things can change since I last posted here 21 mins ago.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Update.JPG
Size: 348 KB

SuperGuyRemi Apr 9, 2020 3:50pm | Post# 4640

{quote} They are the same indicators per se, it's just that another member here (SwingMan) combined numerous indicators into something that is visually much easier to trade. Plus, I have added a MACD line that I have never shown before (until now) because it's a discovery that I made and started using after I last posted here. BTW, this how much things can change since I last posted here 23 mins ago. {image}
Ahhh I see, thanks. I'll search the thread for it, I'm just getting started with this strategy and have had stellar results, so thanks for that.

© Forex Factory