Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

paroucia Jul 12, 2019 2:07am | Post# 1301

Hi
from yesterday i have these pairs open and in profit:
AUDCAD: LONG
NZDCHF: LONG
CADCHF: LONG
AUDCHF: LONG
NZDJPY: LONG
EURAUD: SHORT

Green Pips

atcho Jul 12, 2019 3:47am | Post# 1302

Hello RobinHood, thanks for sharing this System. It looks great in history.
But does anyone found success on lower timeframes like M5-M15 ?
I only want to gain 10-15 Pips a day to grow my account to a size that i can better work in h4- daily.
In the m5 history, it looks like 10-15 pips are possible every day. Unfortunately, I can only trade after my work. Does anyone have any tips for me what to look out for?

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 8:10am | Post# 1303

Hello RobinHood, thanks for sharing this System. It looks great in history. But does anyone found success on lower timeframes like M5-M15 ? I only want to gain 10-15 Pips a day to grow my account to a size that i can better work in h4- daily. In the m5 history, it looks like 10-15 pips are possible every day. Unfortunately, I can only trade after my work. Does anyone have any tips for me what to look out for?
Given the choice I would trade 15 min charts and not 5 min.

As far as tips go, I don't like trading those lower time frames because they tend to whip around back and forth too much so I can't help you with that.

lddd Jul 12, 2019 8:56am | Post# 1304

{quote} Given the choice I would trade 15 min charts and not 5 min. As far as tips go, I don't like trading those lower time frames because they tend to whip around back and forth too much so I can't help you with that.
The rules from Post 1 should stay the same or? You probably get a lot of more signals otherwise there should be no difference instead of these signals might be not as reliable and you have to be even more selective which can easily lead to overtrading if you are not 100% disciplined.

But its the same problematic with every strategy no matter what...

zamile Jul 12, 2019 9:06am | Post# 1305

{quote} Too much effort to do that, but here was my latest trade. I'll endeavor to post trades going forward. {image}
Good day

How can I get the oscillator

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 9:11am | Post# 1306

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} The rules from Post 1 should stay the same or? You probably get a lot of more signals otherwise there should be no difference instead of these signals might be not as reliable and you have to be even more selective which can easily lead to overtrading if you are not 100% disciplined. But its the same problematic with every strategy no matter what...
It doesn't matter what time frame you trade, the rules are always the same.

What people have to consider is: how do you want to get there?

By horse and buggy, by car, by train, or by jet plane?

I prefer the jet plane, which in my opinion are the 4 hr. charts and above.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EC 4 Hr Trade (2).JPG
Size: 426 KB

40PipsAlan Jul 12, 2019 9:16am | Post# 1307

1 Attachment(s)
Just took a short on EUR/USD? Too soon maybe
Comments guys?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 141 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 12, 2019 9:19am | Post# 1308

{quote} It doesn't matter what time frame you trade, the rules are always the same. What people have to consider is: how do you want to get there? By horse and buggy, by car, by train, or by jet plane? I prefer the jet plane, which in my opinion are the 4 hr. charts and above. {image}

I may be wrong but is this the first time you post multiple entry trades?

some people will say you average down and add to a losing trade... which I would disagree with.

Good trading!

Reitilicios Jul 12, 2019 9:23am | Post# 1309

2 Attachment(s)
My current trades:

USDCAD: Continuation in overall trenddirection on H4 and Daily.

USDCHF: Crossover on H4 and change of direction on Daily.

Would appreciate to get some thoughts about those two entries.
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad-h4-oanda-division7.png
Size: 198 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdchf-h4-oanda-division7.png
Size: 196 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 12, 2019 9:27am | Post# 1310

{quote} Good day How can I get the oscillator

sm= SwingMan ... one of rare few good man left

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12357593

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 9:30am | Post# 1311

{quote} I may be wrong but is this the first time you post multiple entry trades? some people will say you average down and add to a losing trade... which I would disagree with. Good trading!
No, I think I have posted some multiple trades before.

Sometimes I trade a little on a lot of different pairs, and sometimes I trade a lot on just one pair. It's just depends on what I see.

When I get all of the "stars to align" so to speak, I load up.

In this case, all of the stars aligned perfectly. I took the trade on the 4 hr. chart because I got a signal to short AND the Daily chart was LIKELY to turn into a Continuation Trade down (which it did and I said so before it happened in an earlier post, # 1293) and the weekly and the Monthly charts were down.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

martbac Jul 12, 2019 9:35am | Post# 1312

{quote} No, I think I have posted some multiple trades before. Sometimes I trade a little on a lot of different pairs, and sometimes I trade a lot on just one pair. It's just depends on what I see. When I get all of the "stars to align" so to speak, I load up. In this case, all of the stars aligned perfectly. I took the trade on the 4 hr. chart because I got a signal to short AND the Daily chart was LIKELY to turn into a Continuation Trade down (which it did and I said so before it happened in an earlier post, # 1293) and the weekly and the Monthly...
Hi Robin, if the signals stay ok will you stay in this trade over the weekend?

Reitilicios Jul 12, 2019 9:45am | Post# 1313

1 Attachment(s)
Another position I entered:

CHFJPY: Crossover on H4 and on the Daily it's almost a Crossover. On the H4 Candle open there was a huge pullback so I waited for the M1 tho change direction.
Click to Enlarge

Name: chfjpy-h4-oanda-division7.png
Size: 199 KB

mooju Jul 12, 2019 9:55am | Post# 1314

{quote} It doesn't matter what time frame you trade, the rules are always the same. What people have to consider is: how do you want to get there? By horse and buggy, by car, by train, or by jet plane? I prefer the jet plane, which in my opinion are the 4 hr. charts and above. {image}
Hi robin hood, this is such a fantastic trade! Are you able to explain the rational behind the sells above the lowest order (Id no. *50). They don't seem to fit in with the criteria you set out on your first post and would love to understand more around what made you take those trades. Thanks!

lisat Jul 12, 2019 10:06am | Post# 1315

{quote} Hi robin hood, this is such a fantastic trade! Are you able to explain the rational behind the sells above the lowest order (Id no. *50). They don't seem to fit in with the criteria you set out on your first post and would love to understand more around what made you take those trades. Thanks!
He took the initial trade on H4 and as the indicators were staying below 50 he added to the trades when it retraced.

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 10:11am | Post# 1316

{quote} Hi Robin, if the signals stay ok will you stay in this trade over the weekend?
Yes, absolutely.

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 10:21am | Post# 1317

{quote} Hi robin hood, this is such a fantastic trade! Are you able to explain the rational behind the sells above the lowest order (Id no. *50). They don't seem to fit in with the criteria you set out on your first post and would love to understand more around what made you take those trades. Thanks!
I did NOT enter when the lower indicators were above the Purple 50 Line on the 4 hr. chart.

Read post # 1279 where I said: I just shorted the EURCAD on the 4 Hr. chart.

Then read post # 1293 where I said: I am ONLY showing a 5 min chart so people can see my entries and stops.

RobinHood Jul 12, 2019 10:31am | Post# 1318

2 Attachment(s)
To be completely transparent, I was talking on the phone, and was distracted and I inadvertently moved my stop to the wrong number.

I got stopped out and when I saw the error, I immediately re-entered a tiny bit of pips lower, but with a slightly larger size to make up for the few pips I missed.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EC Stops.JPG
Size: 252 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EC Re-entry.JPG
Size: 237 KB

Update: My stop 2 bars back got hit.

Reitilicios Jul 12, 2019 1:13pm | Post# 1319

1 Attachment(s)
Another position I entered: CHFJPY: Crossover on H4 and on the Daily it's almost a Crossover. On the H4 Candle open there was a huge pullback so I waited for the M1 tho change direction. {image}
Tradeupdate:

Closed trade after 2nd candle opened red and cross of MA -10.8 Pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: chfjpy-h4-oanda-division7.png
Size: 79 KB

TheSpoof Jul 12, 2019 1:15pm | Post# 1320

1 Attachment(s)
AUDUSD trade just hovering under my 2R TP I've decided to lock in 1R.

EDIT: 2R take profit hit on this one. That makes +21.4% in closed trades for the week with +3.5% in open profit going into next week. Have a good weekend, folks
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD+H4.png
Size: 61 KB

© Forex Factory