Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

RobinHood Jul 11, 2019 9:59am | Post# 1281

{quote} Isn't that funny I am up 18.7% this week using this system on the 4 hour. I place a take profit at 2R and trail my stop behind the second candle to keep my losses small. From my observations price quite often makes it to 2R before giving a signal to get out so I just take a 2R. I'll get back in on a continuation signal for another 2R if it presents itself. Out of 11 trades this week I won 6 & lost 5 (with one still open with 1.25R locked in) and didn't take a full 1R loss on any of losers
That's really good to hear. Great job!

kirinda Jul 11, 2019 10:08am | Post# 1282

{quote} On H4 it looks ok. All conditions are met. But on D1 it is different story. HMA is above MA, blue candle, one stoch above 50.
iwan73, you only enter when all indicators on both 4H and 1D lines up by the rule?

kirinda Jul 11, 2019 10:09am | Post# 1283

{quote} Isn't that funny I am up 18.7% this week using this system on the 4 hour. I place a take profit at 2R and trail my stop behind the second candle to keep my losses small. From my observations price quite often makes it to 2R before giving a signal to get out so I just take a 2R. I'll get back in on a continuation signal for another 2R if it presents itself. Out of 11 trades this week I won 6 & lost 5 (with one still open with 1.25R locked in) and didn't take a full 1R loss on any of losers
Can you show us the trades?

TheSpoof Jul 11, 2019 10:25am | Post# 1284

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Can you show us the trades?
Too much effort to do that, but here was my latest trade. I'll endeavor to post trades going forward.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY+H4.png
Size: 89 KB

plasmatron10 Jul 11, 2019 10:32am | Post# 1285

The Spoof...
Could you please attach the indicator you use for the SL 1R 2R etc. many thanks

TheSpoof Jul 11, 2019 10:32am | Post# 1286

1 Attachment(s)
Oil trade from this week. I trailed my stop using the PSAR. I am debating about using that or behind the second candle The PSAR can potentially keep you into trades longer as it did here. Ignore current position. It was some sort of test thingy on a continuation
Click to Enlarge

Name: USOUSDH4.png
Size: 62 KB

TheSpoof Jul 11, 2019 10:32am | Post# 1287

The Spoof... Could you please attach the indicator you use for the SL 1R 2R etc. many thanks
That is just the Fib tool on MT4 that I changed to give me my R values.

kirinda Jul 11, 2019 10:40am | Post# 1288

{quote} Too much effort to do that, but here was my latest trade. I'll endeavor to post trades going forward. {image}
Ok, so you use only 2 indicators from RobinHoods method?

iwan73 Jul 11, 2019 10:41am | Post# 1289

{quote} iwan73, you only enter when all indicators on both 4H and 1D lines up by the rule?
I dont trade this system because as i wrote yesterday i dont know how to trade systems based on trend rules.
I just look at charts with RH template and try to find how it is possible to trade this sytem.
If i see good setup on H4 , i look one TF higher -D1. And almost always i see some problems.
I think it is no hope for me as trend trader

temporal Jul 11, 2019 11:16am | Post# 1290

{quote} I just shorted the EURCAD on the 4 Hr. chart. Right now my risk is about 35 pips. {image}
Looked at this one but the daily HMA was green and the bars were blue. Am I overthinking this? Only setup I've seen this week is GJ.

TheSpoof Jul 11, 2019 11:18am | Post# 1291

{quote} Ok, so you use only 2 indicators from RobinHoods method?
I follow RH's entry method to a T with all his suggested indicators and then for exit I set a 2R take profit with my stop either behind the signal candle or the entry candle (which is essentially 50% of the signal candle) and trail the stop every four hours either behind the second candle or PSAR - I am still out on which is a better method. Regardless, they both reduce the risk as the trade goes on. I don't want to have to take many 1R losses if I don't have to

TheSpoof Jul 11, 2019 11:29am | Post# 1292

{quote} I dont trade this system because as i wrote yesterday i dont know how to trade systems based on trend rules. I just look at charts with RH template and try to find how it is possible to trade this sytem. If i see good setup on H4 , i look one TF higher -D1. And almost always i see some problems. I think it is no hope for me as trend trader
Why do people look to the higher time frame than the one they are trading? The daily chart is the result of price action on the 4 hour chart. The weekly chart is the result of price action on the daily chart. In other words the 4 hour chart is creating the daily chart - the daily chart shows what the four has done not what is going to happen. If you want to see where the daily chart is headed you need to look at the 4 hour which shows the action of the daily. It's no wonder that you don't get signals lining up on both time frames. Stick to one chart and never mind the others. Daily price action is traded on the four hour and weekly price action is traded on the dailies - not the other way around Just my observations.

RobinHood Jul 11, 2019 11:44am | Post# 1293

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Looked at this one but the daily HMA was green and the bars were blue. Am I overthinking this? Only setup I've seen this week is GJ.
It doesn't matter. It's still technically in a downtrend on the Daily chart AND so is the weekly AND so is the monthly.

It's likely just a retracement on the daily chart and may eventually turn into a continuation trade.

And if I lose, it's no big deal. I am just losing a little bit of bait. It's the price of admission to be able to play the game.

I loaded up on this one. I am ONLY showing a 5 min chart so people can see my entries and stops.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EC Loaded.PNG
Size: 91 KB

gj7rwt Jul 11, 2019 1:49pm | Post# 1294

2 Attachment(s)
eur/jpy worth keeping an eye on?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 172 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 174 KB

gj7rwt Jul 11, 2019 1:53pm | Post# 1295

2 Attachment(s)
gbp/aud ? Opinions anyone
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 174 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 164 KB

PhillipmC Jul 11, 2019 5:25pm | Post# 1296

gbp/aud ? Opinions anyone {image} {image}

Hey gj i like both of those ill be entering see if we get a little pull back on the 5 min charts.

PhillipmC Jul 11, 2019 7:29pm | Post# 1297

1 Attachment(s)
Fresh Cross, weekly daily up trend thoughts ?
Continuation trade
Click to Enlarge

Name: CJ.PNG
Size: 84 KB

carmelina Jul 11, 2019 7:54pm | Post# 1298

hI, gj7rwt, the charts look ripe.
Would you be able to give me a link to the indicator you use for the news? It looks very handy.
Thanks,
Carmen.

emmanuel7788 Jul 11, 2019 8:41pm | Post# 1299

1 Attachment(s)
Fresh Cross, weekly daily up trend thoughts ? Continuation trade {image}

there is already a Weekly CROSSOVER setup when last week closed, right?

the 'perfect' CROSSOVER setup would be when all three oscillators - Stoch(8,3,3), Stoch(14,3,3) amd RSI(14) crosses the 50-level from below within 2 to 3 bars/candle. If either one of the 2 Stoch cross is much later than 4th bar/candle, it is often not the 'best' setups to pick a trade. Study old charts and observe if this is true.

so this week would be easy decision to look for buys only...but the challenge is the low timframes (D1 and H4) retracements during this week which can be difficult...
but we have he Weekly HA and APB to help use see where the calculated average price OPEN level is, right?

how do we use this Weekly HA+APB candle Open and its body?

Click to Enlarge

Name: CADJPY Week 28 W1 crossover 12-07-2019 08-33-23.png
Size: 21 KB

handysniper Jul 11, 2019 11:49pm | Post# 1300

{quote} two candles late on H4 ... early on D1 with European markets closed, .. it is USD play.
yup I agree..Thank you.

© Forex Factory