Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

martbac Jul 4, 2019 5:01am | Post# 1021

not long until candle closes anyone looking to enter ? {image}
Yes I have, you?

PhillipmC Jul 4, 2019 5:03am | Post# 1022

{quote} Yes I have, you?
the only thing is its a big candle and i might look on the 5 min see if it pulls back a little. then enter on the break of the trend line

Backspin Jul 4, 2019 6:07am | Post# 1023

{quote} New HA and APB versions OK. I will work on versions for this thread where you can input your own variables - colours, candle size, zoom factor, HA overlay APB, etc. Please wait till next weekend. Today and tomorrow I am busy attending a trading course by a CME trainer on E-Mini futures and US markets prep for 2020. Have fun trading today US Bank holiday and tomorrow is NFP.
Thank you, much appreciated. Wish I could attend that CME session also.

unmaskedluke Jul 4, 2019 6:31am | Post# 1024

1 Attachment(s)
is good?
Click to Enlarge

Name: isthisgood.png
Size: 57 KB

Jan81 Jul 4, 2019 8:08am | Post# 1025

is good? {image}
No, it's actually pretty risky. You should have checked the next high TF. Since you are trading of a 1 hour chart, you must also check what the 4 hour chart is telling you. And what it's telling you is that the RSI is still well above 50, which is putting your short at risk because it's counter-trend.

Jan81 Jul 4, 2019 8:15am | Post# 1026

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} No, it's actually pretty risky. You should have checked the next high TF. Since you are trading of a 1 hour chart, you must also check what the 4 hour chart is telling you. And what it's telling you is that the RSI is still well above 50, which is putting your short at risk because it's counter-trend.
But if you used the exit rule of 2 or 3 color changes on the indicators, I guess you are already out of the trade and it was only a loss of a couple of pips.

Like a few others here I'm in a NZDCAD trade today. If you take a look on the next high TF it is also telling the trend is down.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCADH4.png
Size: 74 KB

MyProfit Jul 4, 2019 10:15am | Post# 1027

1. [quote]emmanuel7788[/quote][quote][/quote][quote]
  2. Joined Nov 2008 | Status: Member | 21,059 Posts[/quote]

London 6AM

H1 CrossOver trade setup conditions.

USDJPY. EURNZD and GBPNZD

Post your H1 charts and share your thoughts which pair you pick to trade.

Hi, emmanuel, are you trading from the 1 hour timeframe now ?, and if it is...you adjusted some of the Indicators?, specially the stochs settings ?

Thanks

emmanuel7788 Jul 4, 2019 2:30pm | Post# 1028

1 Attachment(s)
[list] [url="https://www.forexfactory.com/emmanuel7788"][color=inherit]{quote} Hi, emmanuel, are you trading from the 1 hour timeframe now ?, and if it is...you adjusted some of the Indicators?, specially the stochs settings ? Thanks
I can trade all chart timeframes from M5, M15, H1, H4, D1 .... W1.

My favourite timeframe is H4, D1 and W1.

And with MT5 now Ican trade also H4, H8, H12, D1 and W1.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Happy Independence Day2.png
Size: 513 KB

emmanuel7788 Jul 4, 2019 2:54pm | Post# 1029

1 Attachment(s)
a pair with no heart beat ...

come back on Monday Jul 08

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPY Jul04 no heart beat 05-07-2019 02-50-28.png
Size: 59 KB

onsen Jul 4, 2019 5:16pm | Post# 1030

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like good setup for continuation trade, but would you go for it after such a long drop? It feels a bit risky...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 96 KB

jgadefelth Jul 4, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 1031

Looks like good setup for continuation trade, but would you go for it after such a long drop? It feels a bit risky... {image}

I think if you go with the system you dont think about things like that or S and R you just take the signals ....

Best regards

PhillipmC Jul 4, 2019 6:54pm | Post# 1032

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at this to enter looking good on daily and weekly as well.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ECHF.PNG
Size: 60 KB

PhillipmC Jul 4, 2019 7:16pm | Post# 1033

Looking at this to enter looking good on daily and weekly as well. {image}
Going to wait looks like it might pull back a little today will enter on 15m when trend line breaks i think.. only thing that gives me second thoughts is holding over the weekend and entering a trade on Friday. being in Australia

emmanuel7788 Jul 4, 2019 7:42pm | Post# 1034

2 Attachment(s)
Jul 05 Sydney Open

NZDCAD D1

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD Jul 05 D1 Sydney 05-07-2019 07-37-43.png
Size: 64 KB

USDJPY D1

not quite ready yet

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY Jul 05 D1 Sydney 05-07-2019 07-38-16.png
Size: 61 KB

*** today is NFP during New York session ***

emmanuel7788 Jul 4, 2019 9:55pm | Post# 1035

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD Jul 05 M15 setup for sell entry with small stop loss

after the D1 set up above post.

Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCAD Jul 05 M15 timed entry 05-07-2019 09-52-00.png
Size: 60 KB

PhillipmC Jul 4, 2019 10:21pm | Post# 1036

Hey guys Has anyone done a rough win/loss % with the trading idea given in the first post would be interested in any back testing that u have done I really wanted to do it but I can't reply on trading view using HA candles for some reason.. it's seems most of my trades at worst end up in break even and most end up in profit...

iSintim Jul 5, 2019 3:55am | Post# 1037

Hey guys Has anyone done a rough win/loss % with the trading idea given in the first post would be interested in any back testing that u have done I really wanted to do it but I can't reply on trading view using HA candles for some reason.. it's seems most of my trades at worst end up in break even and most end up in profit...
I've back tested about 8 pairs (From Jun to 2014-Jun 2017) so far and bar EURCHF all gave a positive expectancy with a win rate averaging 59%. These were ONLY CROSSOVER TRADES though on the daily timeframe. RH has mentioned continuation trades have a higher win ratio, which I have observed too.

Whats more important though is how the method innately cuts losses short and allows winners to run. Your average loss compared to your average win is always lower and this even occured on EURCHF.

In any case the answer to your question is YES. You can be profitable with this method. Backtest and do your DD for confirmation. Green pips to you my friend.

jgadefelth Jul 5, 2019 3:56am | Post# 1038

How many does till use genesis matrix and TMs tape ?

Best regards

kirinda Jul 5, 2019 5:23am | Post# 1039

{quote} I've back tested about 8 pairs (From Jun to 2014-Jun 2017) so far and bar EURCHF all gave a positive expectancy with a win rate averaging 59%. These were ONLY CROSSOVER TRADES though on the daily timeframe. RH has mentioned continuation trades have a higher win ratio, which I have observed too. Whats more important though is how the method innately cuts losses short and allows winners to run. Your average loss compared to your average win is always lower and this even occured on EURCHF. In any case the answer to your question is YES....
Here at FF traders always talk about win rate but it's useless without the information you pointed out

PhillipmC Jul 5, 2019 5:29am | Post# 1040

{quote} I've back tested about 8 pairs (From Jun to 2014-Jun 2017) so far and bar EURCHF all gave a positive expectancy with a win rate averaging 59%. These were ONLY CROSSOVER TRADES though on the daily timeframe. RH has mentioned continuation trades have a higher win ratio, which I have observed too. Whats more important though is how the method innately cuts losses short and allows winners to run. Your average loss compared to your average win is always lower and this even occured on EURCHF. In any case the answer to your question is YES. You...
Thanks for the info buddy much appreciated.. I have the same thinking btw I'm impressed with this trading idea because of the very facts u posted...

Thanks RH.

© Forex Factory